[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

P320 Military Contract

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_3995.jpg (782KB, 1200x754px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3995.jpg
782KB, 1200x754px
So we all know Sig is going to begin fufilling DoD orders for the P320 soon... but honestly why? It seems to me like a massive waste of money.

Hear me out, besides MPs and officers, no one actually carries a handgun in the army. Any grunt would prefer more ammo for their rifle, right? The M9s may be beat up, but there have to be enough fieldable ones in the armories for the MPs. And for officers? Make it like back in the blue army era with swords- where they would purchaee a sword to go with their uniform.

That money could instead go towards funding planned parenthood or something.
>>
>That money could instead go towards funding planned parenthood or something.

Way to turn your own thread into a political shitstorm
>>
>>33800829
Im H8 and I only carry a pistol when doing recovery missions. My rifle stays in the cab.
>>
>>33800852

Obviously retarded thread, but How do you feel about using the sig in the future?
>>
>>33800829
>Hear me out, besides MPs and officers, no one actually carries a handgun in the army.
And who do you think is getting these P320s?
>>
>>33800872
I love sigs so hell yeah Im all for it. The M9 is decent but top brass has to "modernize" the army somehow.
>>
>>33800917
So they modernize by spending $580 million on handguns they dont really need?
>>
>>33800931
Welcome to the Army.
>>
File: 79019396.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
79019396.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>>33800829
Alright folks, remember to hide this thread. I can hear /pol/ coming on its way right around the corner now.
>>
>>33800931

the beretta is getting too expensive to manufacture & repair

all that metal has to be machined, time consuming & expensive material

vs. just plasti-form a new frame and leave the metal bits for slide & receiver

got it ?
>>
What do you mean? Every soldier is supposed to have a handgun.
>>
>>33800931
Have you ever heard the phrase "a stitch on time saves nine".

$580mil is nothing in the grand scheme of things, but what the whole package offers is a longer service life and cheaper replacement parts. The Mil tends to run things to the ragged edge of function before replacing them so why are you acting like the guns are going out of cycle in 5 years. We have a bloated unconstitutional standing military so ALL of the spending is questionable but you wanna cry about a drop in the bucket?
>>
>>33800983
Plastic molds have to be machined too dumbass
>>
>>33800829

i know /k/ is the easiest board to troll, but come on. everyone knows the planned parenthood money doesn't come out of the military budget. you are simply a troll.

you should go outside and light yourself on fire immediately, asshole.
>>
>>33800829
>government wastes money
Jesus anon, is this news to you? The government spends money like a nigger who won the ghetto lottery.
>>
>>33800983
>just plasti-form a new frame
how do you think that happens. magic?

an injection molding die is tens of thousands of dollars to make, and you dont even know what the damn thing is.

is /k/ getting stupider by the hour or what
>>
>>33802109

Yes, one time with preventative maintenance at intervals. The mold won't be subject to field conditions, so the mold can pump out a ton of bodies and reduce the time/effort armorers have to dedicate to a repair job.
>>
>>33800829
they offered to mass produce them and wholesale them to the army for cheaper than whatever glock would go to with the 19

also thumb safety is a requirement, which glock was probably unwilling to make happen
>>
>>33802124
>an injection molding die is tens of thousands of dollars to make
lol youre dumb
>>
>>33802124
Sterilize yourself please.
>>
The Beretta M9s are worn out and outdated.

Since they make everyone going outside the wire carry a rifle anyways. They should go ahead and remove pistols as a mandatory weapon issued to officers and SNCOS. Giving them only to those that have a need for them. Officers and SNCOs can carry a rifle around the FOB or in the field like everyone else.
>>
>>33802112
And Federal funding by law can't fund the stuff the anti-choice types hate anyways. Which is only 3% of their services.

And anyone claiming it bleeds over doesn't know how complex time/service billing is for nonprofits.
>>
>>33802845
But without that funding, Planned Murderers would have to redistribute their other funds to cover what tax dollars had prior.
>>
Dumbasses are going to lose those tiny ass trigger group modules in a hearbeat. This is proof that just like the Marines and their needless demand for helis, the Army shouldnt be trusted with its own money.
>>
File: bcm-011[1].jpg (146KB, 800x390px) Image search: [Google]
bcm-011[1].jpg
146KB, 800x390px
>>33802889
look at all those small parts. the soldier will lose them in a heart beat.

clearly we can not adopt the AR as our service rifle.
>>
>>
>>33802867
>97% of services are about providing birth control, family planning, and in general reducing need for abortion services, plus general health services at free/affordable rates
Eat shit.
>>
>>33802915
And? Even if thwt didnt perform a single abortion, its not the governments job to fund charities.

If you want to support baby killers, donate, dont make everyone else donate to your perverted cause.
>>
>>33802907
The module is most of the gun in one piece. Its more expensive to replace that way, but I guess the Army also used your stupid logic to get ripped off.
>>
>>33802935
criminal bydlo abort and because of that, we've seen a marked decline in crime. yes, abortion is morally wrong but it helps exclude those who are a burden on society and their offspring from it.
>>
>>33802935
>Hurr I don't want to fund services that prevent the need for abortion in the highest risk groups
>Fine with Trump burning 12x or more as Obama did on vacation travel into his own proerties
>>
>>33802889

It would take a special kind of moron to fully strip a pistol in the field for no goddamn reason to lose any of the parts. At most you drop some lube in the rails which you can do fairly well without even removing the slide from the frame. Not ideal but good enough for the field.

You only full strip when you have a shit ton of time and an area to do it in. If your losing anything in that situation your a dumbass.
>>
>>33800829
>m9's worn out
>army tells companies to design a modular handgun to replace it
>only sig makes a modular hand gun
>army adopts sig

But hey we could just throw out the m9's and give the army nothing. Than use the money to murder babies.
>>
>>33800829

mods 2 lazy
>>
>>33800946
>Alright folks, remember to hide this thread. I can hear /pol/ coming on its way right around the corner now.

Planned Parenthood is great, is used mostly by niggers and spics and it does wonders for crime prevention.
>>
>>33802984
If we are going to fund womens health services, it should be in the form of sterilization. Do the surgeries free of charge and even pay them each $500 to have it done.

Boom, you just prevented the undesireables from reproducing; without forcing them.
>>
File: n4gbZh.jpg (86KB, 606x423px) Image search: [Google]
n4gbZh.jpg
86KB, 606x423px
>>33800946
You could have prevented this.
>>
>>33803036
modular requirements are a waste.

>army is only buying carry frames and full length slides.
>never going to go away from 9x19mm.
>even if they did they would have to buy new frames and slides to fit different barreles.
>>
>>33803102
Ug imagine how god tier it would be if they switched to .357 sig

Overnight it would become available at stores like walmart
>>
>>33802889
>tiny ass trigger group modules in a hearbeat
t. someone who's never handled a P320
lmao no, they're not that small and in the process of a full strip I doubt anyone is just going "lose" such a key component, you don't even have to take it out to clean the pistol. Losing the trigger pack is as unlikely as losing the barrel of any other pistol.
You're retarded.
>>
>>33803122
>Ug imagine how god tier it would be if they switched to .357 sig
it would make sense in a longslide gun only.
>>
>>33803141
And?
>>
>>33803102
They're buying compact slides and some subcompact frames as well.
>>
>>33802989
>>33803131
Its going to happen a lot. Mark my fucking words.
>>
>>33803045

>Planned Parenthood is great, is used mostly by niggers and spics and it does wonders for crime prevention.
This statement is completely true, and the evidence is crystal clear.
>abortion services mostly used by minorities
>crime has decreased precipitously as a direct result of increased access to abortion services
The irony that /pol/ of all places, with its insatiable hunger for single-sentence black/white truths, doesn't embrace the one example that incontrovertibly supports its beliefs and goals, is staggering.
>>
>>33800829
We have this thread every week
>>
>>33803187
I'm sure someone will pull it off but
have you ever lost a barrel? Could you imagine someone losing a barrel?
>>
>>33800829
I just fingerfucked one at cabelas today. Honestly I liked it quite a bit. The trigger felt usable, but I feel I would end up replacing it with an aftermarket option. Everything else was pretty great.
>>
>>33802606
Honestly why would you ever want a pistol over a rifle in a shithole full of cunts trying to kill you?
>>
>>33802984

>Implying the woman that actually need it for family planning don't use it for abortions instead.
>>
>>33803705
>Implying shit you pulled from your ass
Abortions aren't going to stop happening because they're illegal again, it's just going to become stupid dangerous again.
>>
>>33804151
Good. Im fine with it being dangerous. People who get abortions should be charged with murder 1. Maybe even use the death penalty as a deterrence.
>>
>>33804316
Eat a dick.
>>
File: ff.jpg (61KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
ff.jpg
61KB, 604x453px
Not so subtle bait thread

You will get all the Reddit newfags in here to defend you now and whine about muh /pol/
>>
File: 1484922073508-k.jpg (79KB, 800x580px) Image search: [Google]
1484922073508-k.jpg
79KB, 800x580px
I'm so happy the army bought it because I absolutely need to have everything the army ever buys and I bought my 320 before the army did which means I am better than the army.

>I'M THE BEST, AROUND, NOTHING'S EVER GONNA KEEP ME DOWN
>*baywatch run*
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.