[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unnaground

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 78

File: images.jpg (11KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 275x183px
Who's down to build Khazad-dum 2.0 if SHTF?

How would the entrance be laid out? What firearms would be most useful?
>>
>>33799750

I'd sya suppressors. Loud noises in a cave wouldn't be fun.
>>
>>33799753
Noise could be an advantage if enemies dont have earpro
>Looters show up
>turn off lights
>Deafen/Stun them with gunfire
>no chance of return fire
>>
>>33799750

>How would the entrance be laid out?
Just wing it and go very slowly

>What firearms would be most useful?
Obrez nugget
>>
>>33799750
Entrance would preferably use some natural formation like rock or a clay rich hill.

Starting with a hill and creating a vertical flat spot, then starting to dig inward then start going down and branching.
>>
File: Claymore mordern sword.jpg (17KB, 450x334px) Image search: [Google]
Claymore mordern sword.jpg
17KB, 450x334px
>>33799750

hidden mines that can be individually fired with a remote.
>>
>>33799780
Using any explosive in an unsupported underground structure.

It's like your Chilean or some shit.
>>
>>33799780
Why would I want to ruin my expertly carved halls?
>>
>>33799750
>File: images.jpg (11 KB, 275x183)

I actually live near such a mine. ure, if you knew there'd be a nuke attack it would be a good bomb shelter but you aren't going to have that kind of warning. it's just endless tunnels with loads of dead animals that either got lost and died or went ther to die or were killed by some poison in the mine.
>>
>>33799794
>>33799788

>they think claymores and other AP mines will hurt professionally made tunnels

yeah, you folks have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
File: Arkan.jpg (9KB, 350x478px) Image search: [Google]
Arkan.jpg
9KB, 350x478px
>>33799750
I've always been fascinated by subterranean combat, tunnel rats, and all that. I think the way the place is laid out denotes which weapons are ideal, but select fire SBRs (i.e M4), PDWs, or SMGs would work well for individuals. What would be more important is putting fortified and recessed machine gun bunkers at the end of long hallways, having well-placed grenade hatches, and proper ventilation.
>>
>>33799802
They could blow out a wooden support, I'm way too poor to afford professional concrete tunnels
>>
>>33799814
>and proper ventilation.

you could just have CO gas in low spot corridors to strategically poison intruders too...
>>
>>33799802
A blast of steelshot and a small explosion in a tunnel supported by nothing but good digging is something of rather not see the outcome of, even if it is something that should go just fine.
>>
>>33799814
>ventilation
I could use chemical co2 scrubbers, but aren't they a fire hazard.
>>
>>33799824
Oh yeah. chemical weapons and/or lack of O2 would be horrible to face underground.
>>
>>33799818
tunnels are made by drilling into the rock and placing charges in the holes. blowing up a few AP mines hidden behind a bit of plaster for camouflage isn't going to do shit because the mine is basically exploding into open space. it's the same as throwing a cartridge into a fire vs. shooting it from a locked breach of a gun.
>>
>>33799827
I'm not very keen on how they operate. Care to explain?
>>
>>33799835
>Entrance tunnel can be sealed off from the rest of the fortress
>Fortress has its own internal oxygen system
>Ventilation tubes running through the walls
>Shitty homemade Chlorine gas tanks at the ready
Imagine attempting to assault that
>>
>>33799851
I also feel like a good quality flamethrower team would be a bitch and a half to deal with.
>>
>>33799847
I'm thinking of the ones i saw on a kursk submarine documentary. Basically something that would take the Co2 out of the air.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dioxide_scrubber

>>33799845
If I had the money I'd dig out a dwarven city under a mountain like that
>>
>>33799866
flame throwers kill via CO gas poisoning when used against caves. you'd be killing yourself as the fire eats up your O2 and replaces it with CO.
>>
>>33799866
It would be an equal pain on the assault team. They'd be trying to enter an oxygenless environment after each use. Guaranteed to kill everyone inside though.
>>
>>33799867
Ok, seems legit but here's some things I'd be concerned about with that:

1. If you use amines for scrubbing, the CO2 can be released at higher temps (not sure how high, but I'd check that out)

2. If it fails and your tunnels have no passive intake, you're in a tight spot.

3. You'll have to keep spare zeolites or whatever chemical/media you use for the scubber on hand

4. How much will it cost to scrub your whole fortress's air volume? How fast will those things wear and corrode underground if not maintained?
>>
>>33799893
Fuck this isnt simulated in Dwarf Fortress

Sorry if this sounds dumb but could I just have a whole heap of hydroponic farms supporting the chemical scrubbers?
I'd section the scrubbers off in a fireproof room off from my main section, and run watertight oxygen pipes around. I'd have co2 detectors in every room or carried around on me.
>>
>>33799880
>>33799881

Good points, bros. I'd still keep one or two on deck if possible ;)
>>
>>33799906
Definitely. Fuck Geneva, incendiaries are damn handy.
>>
>>33799905
>Sorry if this sounds dumb but could I just have a whole heap of hydroponic farms supporting the chemical scrubbers?

No. you'd need light and therefore electricity. might as well invest in something better and faster like

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_oxygen_generator

also CO2 isn't the main problem. it's CO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_monoxide_poisoning
>>
>>33799905

Now you're introducing a whole brand new set of supplies you'll have to maintain and dump time/money into and those plants (you'd have to buy lamps, water, pumps, think of the cost). Also, I don't think a few small hydro gardens would respire enough O2 to sustain fighting men anyway.
>>
>>33799933
>>33799931
This wouldn't be a small part time shelter, I'd want to make a village underground, so it'd have to be able to feed people, bathe, etc. How hard would that be, and would it be possible to be completely self sustaining without the surface?
>>
>>33799750
Dragon's breath 12ga rounds
>>
>>33799948

Well, that changes a lot. You say you want an entire village? Are people allowed to farm/go above ground or you wan't absolutely everything self-contained indefinitely?
>>
>>33799948
depends on your energy source. if you have some kind of geothermal pump supplying you with basically unlimited energy you could generate O2, electricity to power lamps to grow plants etc.
>>
>>33799959
I'd want it to be self sustained but while its being set up we'd have an above ground settlement.
>>
>>33799948
>>33799959

Sorry, didn't read the last part of your post. Yes, I supposed this is possible but the logistics and funding necessary to keep something like this operating and the people living there healthy would be insane.
>>
>>33799964
>geothermal energy
How deep would I have to dig for that?
Would i be able to pump boiling underground spring water in as drinking water(after it cools down)
>>
>>33799950
I don't think so. the go to gun would still be an AR-15, possibly with a drop in 22lr bolt and supressor.
>>
File: thermobaric bunker buster.jpg (34KB, 540x380px) Image search: [Google]
thermobaric bunker buster.jpg
34KB, 540x380px
>>33799906
>teleports inside
>plants thermobaric bomb
>heh nothing personal kid
>explosion consumes all oxygen is consumed and everyone asphyxiates
>>
>>33799976
>digs too deep, bomb does nothing
>>
>>33799976

I think it's supposed to be
>heh, nothing personnel kid
>>
>>33799971
You would be able to drink it, it'd taste of sulphur tho unless you filtered/distilled it.

Depth required depends where you live. If you're in Iceland or another active area you're sorted, there's pools of boiling water and hot spots everywhere. I'm not a geologist so I'm not sure how deep you'd have to dig everywhere else.
>>
>>33799971
up to 3-4km. it would be a major investment in the multi million $$$ range.
>>
>>33799933
It would be a nice boost to the oxygen supply and he does get some fresh food out of it too.

Best atmospheric solution would be a redundant as fuck system of intake pipes and fans. Run it with deep U-bends and reservoirs with a release valve on the U-bends and cutoffs to account for someone trying to flood the system with gasoline.
>>
>>33799971
You should just draw up regular groundwater. Here in FL many spots can simply be drawn up, aerated, disinfected, and drank. You will need chlorine for disinfection. (can also double for chemical weaponry)
>>
>>33800008
It'd be filtered, Alex Jones would sponsor my fort. I'd line it with aluminum foil so aliens cant steal my thoughts.

>>33800009
what if i have a lot of people and a lot of pick axes, and a lot of tannerite
>>
>>33800009
Yeah, the estimate I've found is 2 miles for 700*C water.

>>33800024
Depending on geology water could be drinkable or contaminated with hydrogen sulphur, but filtering would get rid of it.
>>
>>33800012
That might be the best option while everything is set up.

>>33800012
>homemade chlorine gas, flooding the entrance tunnel(seperated from the main fort)

I'd want to build it under a mountain so I can be King under the Mountain
>>
File: drillingpic2.jpg (31KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
drillingpic2.jpg
31KB, 300x450px
>>33800024
>what if i have a lot of people and a lot of pick axes, and a lot of tannerite

nothing. you might be able to dig a big hole but that's it. they use drilling to go down to these depths.
>>
>>33800010

I'm an engineer so I like the method which gets the job done and is easiest to operate and maintain. I'd most likely go with something like what you said with ability to cut off any one (or all hoses) and have a backup scrubber in cases the passive/fan system is compromised.
>>
>>33800035
So a geothermal power plant would be decades into the build, i guess. Coal(If we hit a vein) and solar would have to do
>>
>>33800034
well, the babies who don't wanna deal with the dangers of chlorine gas can use bleach (NaOCl) to disinfect their water also.
>>
>>33800048
I meant I'd use the chlorine to deter invaders. Plus we'd scavenge from their bodies as well
>>
>>33800044
You could use ground source heating. Underground retains a pretty constant temperature of about 10-15*C, you can use heat exchangers to generate power from this. It's nowhere near as efficient or powerful as geothermal, but it'd get you something.
>>
>>33800044
>So a geothermal power plant would be decades into the build, i guess. Coal(If we hit a vein) and solar would have to do

no. If you have 50 million you can build one in a year. they do this shit all the time. any oil drilling company has the tech to do this.
>>
>>33800061
I could set up a row of thousands of exchangers, would that work?
>>
>>33800065
I dont have 50m, if I did I'd have it all professionally built, cut into rock.
>>
>>33800058
sounds like a plan, my dude.
>>
>>33800070
Not sure, I'm just a pleb who read about it. You need a bit of power to circulate fluid round the pipes, so it's a way of boosting power rather than creating it. Loads of them would work but it'd be very expensive and probably not worth it.
>>
>>33800084
I need like 50 people, they'd have to speak with a Scottish accent at all times.
>>
File: 1481402569890.png (678KB, 850x464px) Image search: [Google]
1481402569890.png
678KB, 850x464px
ITT: Orks, Origins
>>
>>33800095

My family name is MacPherson, my dude.
>>
>>33800102
I'd actually make an underground fortress to live in, provided I get to the US and have support. I'd use /r9k/ as manpower, promising them the ultimate upgrade from NEET life.
>>
>>33800116
>/r9k/
>manpower
mutually exclusive
>>
>>33800122
How hard is it to swing a pick? 1 year in a mine would get any robot a gf
>>
File: IMI Mini Uzi Suppressed.jpg (115KB, 1171x703px) Image search: [Google]
IMI Mini Uzi Suppressed.jpg
115KB, 1171x703px
>>33799750
Anything small probably, preferably suppressed.
>>33799802
>professionally made tunnels
Yeah, you have no idea what your talking about.
>>
Why dig where you have to go far for geotherm?
Some anon mentioned island. There's a spot not too far from me in france where we have 70°C springs at ground level.
Surely digging in one of thoses spots would make it far easier to reach water hot enough to be vapor?
>>
>>33799802
>Op: Hey guys im a bulgarian cheesemaker, and I want to dig a tunnel with my bare hands and my cheeseknives

>This fag: """"""professionally made tunnels""""""
>>
>>33799750

>not roasting everything that crawls in the tunnel
Its like you want to be eaten by a giant radiation spiders
>>
>>33800135
I would rather die by beheading than use jewshit to save myself. that goes for uzis, tavors, galils, jerichos and deagles and everything else that's heebshit.
>>
>>33800142
Fire would eat up the oxygen, but i guess it could work

>>33800138
Digging could be extra hazardous there, maybe if there was hot springs maybe 100-200m underground with good solid rock it could be viable.
>>
>>33800138
Yeah that was me. Any geothermal hot spot would be perfect, you could insulate your tunnels, drill some holes and pump water in at high pressure, it comes out as steam at higher pressure and spins a turbine. We assumed that non of us live in the perfect place and looked at digging.
>>
File: ian_thinks_youre_a_fag.png (820KB, 1440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
ian_thinks_youre_a_fag.png
820KB, 1440x1440px
>>33800153
>/pol/ literally wouldn't trust a Jew to save it's life
>>
too bad all the old shuttered coal mines are considered EPA SUPERFUND sites and you cant just buy one to be the old coot of the mountain.

everything for the ventshaft systems is still in place to keep the places form blowing up from gas build up. they also flood like hell.
>>
>>33800159
Ideal is under a mountain with nearby geothermal springs in the US. Would mining gold or silver (if present) from an underground tunnel be viable?
>>
>>33800153
Ok.
>>
>>33800153
>Not changing your name legally to Durin Shekelstein
>Not hoarding vast amounts of gold/silver that you dug up underground
>Not being a SubterraneanJew
>>
>>33800165
>/pol/
get a new insult mate. in the age of TyT and Bill Nye the IRL Howard Wolowitz guy /pol/ is a badge of honour.
>>
>>33800168
Map of thermal energy in the ground of US. Any rare or useful metal would be great, these days anything other than iron sells for a very good price. Again, I'm not sure about geology because certain minerals are only present under certain conditions. I think in a geothermal spot you're more likely to find veins of quartz or other crystal where mineral-rich water has been forced through cracks for centuries.
>>
File: heat-flow-map.jpg (82KB, 650x651px) Image search: [Google]
heat-flow-map.jpg
82KB, 650x651px
>>33800207
Same for UK.
>>
>>33800207
The Rockies seem like a good place to start. Brb moving to Idaho or Montana. I don't know many skilled people who would give up their day jobs to dig a big hole but.
>>
>>33799971
In Norway if you dig 2 meters down, the temperature would be around 3 or 4 degrees Celsius. Even if it's -40 on the surface
>>
>>33800369
Oops. Ment for >>33800008
>>
>>33800369
Comfy but I don't have citizenship there
>>
>>33800188
Underrated post
>>
>>33800369
Yeah, that's what I was talking about with the heat exchange units. Soil is a pretty decent insulator, even in areas with permafrost it's gonna be warm several metres below that. To get proper geothermal you have to go a few km down in normal ground.
>>
>>33800579
This probably varies based on where you live but here in Finland geothermal wells for regular houses are only some 150m deep
>>
>>33800599
Seeing as OP wants to build a massive underground nuclear bunker, I was assuming we'd need something like pic to power lights, life support, hydroponic units, ect. for quite a long time.
>>
Ok, so the plan is:

>Find area semi-mountainous
>Decent rock
>Hot springs or an aquifer around 200-300m down
>Preferably mineral rich
>Initial population of around 10~
>Entrance to the Fortress will be dug out of a nearly vertical dirt/rock face
>50m~ entrance shaft, 1.5m wide 2m tall
>At the end of the shaft there will be defensive positions
>create an airtight seal door or airlock even from the entrance shaft to the fortress.
>Dig out some large rooms for sleeping/living in, around 20m x 15m
>Dig out an armoury/weapons room
>Hallways connecting an oxygen recycling room/co2/co scrubbing unit
>Run power from a generator to each room, exhaust pipe potentially running all the way to the entrance
>Establish a large room for hydroponic farming
>Begin a downwards shaft, attempt to locate water or the aquifer for a water supply,

That'd be the initial setup, let me know if i've missed anything important

>>33800629
I'm sure we could fit that underground if we tried hard enough
>>
>>33800637
Shit that's a point, even if it's not hot an underground spring could be rigged up to use it's pressure to generate power. Also consider a ship-like system, divided into compartments with airtight doors and shin high steps to prevent gassing/flooding.
>>
>>33800659
Yeah, it'd need to have airtight sections. And i'd want internet connection so i can laugh at surface cucks when the nukes start firing
>>
File: Serb.gif (676KB, 160x240px) Image search: [Google]
Serb.gif
676KB, 160x240px
>>33800672
We need to start some sort of dwarvish cult, with underground hideouts and members across the globe. Each one a self-sustaining haven of autism and arms.

Start a pirate radio network of nothing but fine military tunes. Fucking glorious.
>>
hang on, I've just got a glorious idea. If we can get geothermal power and an internet connection, we can make fat stacks mining crypto currency

>>33800699
We'd just have one location I think, or maybe we'd control a mountain range with various settlements along it. Lock ourselves in for 1000 years avoiding the nuclear fire or collapse of society and re-emerge to restart civilization.
>>
File: CheekiBreeki overload.png (258KB, 488x413px) Image search: [Google]
CheekiBreeki overload.png
258KB, 488x413px
>>33800711
>Apocalypse +1000 years
>The sun dawns over the desolate landscape, empty of all human life.
>The crumbling, overgrown ruins of cities are all that remain.
>The war that ended them lasted minutes, but left only radiation and rubble.
>On a mountain in Idaho, something stirs.
>A heavy door is pushed open.
>It groans with age, hinges shedding rust.
>Wisps of steam escape, bringing with them the scents of cosmoline and vodka into the virgin wastes.
>A surplus-clad head peers around it.
>The /k/ommando steps back, recoiling from the sunlight.
>His gas mask tubes quiver in anticipation of the conquest to come.
>He steps out, nugget in hand, surveying his new empire. There's nobody left to challenge him, nobody to enforce band on automatic weapons, nobody to limit magazine sizes.

>He is free.

>As he steps out, others follow.
>All are clad in soviet surplus, the belongings their forefathers brought down into the vault that have become holy relics and symbols, copied by each generation to wear and remember the past.

>2 months later
>/k/ommando race is wiped out in a civil war when someone talked about the stopping power of .45.
>>
>>33800395
>needing citizenship
all you need is enough of a headstart to complete the traps before the government tries to get you out
Then you REEEEE them out of the unnaground and establish a sovereign country in your infraclay.
>>
>>33800778
We'd have a whole gun industry happening, complete with massive indoor ranges. We'd also create the finest beer and spirits ever imagined

>Great dwarven holds, fierce rivals over age old conflicts
>Apocolypse+200
>/k/ommando 1 and /k/ommando 2 get into an argument over .45 and 9mm
>Great civil war
>Thousands of years later
>Two opposing factions of Dwarves fight massive battles on the wasteland
>>
File: g29.jpg (84KB, 600x373px) Image search: [Google]
g29.jpg
84KB, 600x373px
>>33800813
>>33800778

>while 9mm and 45acp plebs fight, 10mmmaster race rubbs hands

I wonder though how Glock polymer would stand up to 1000 years of even just sitting in a box....
>>
File: index.jpg (10KB, 342x147px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10KB, 342x147px
Meanwhile deep in the /k/ave
>pic related but replace gold with ammunition
>>
File: mWhFG.jpg (134KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
mWhFG.jpg
134KB, 500x667px
>>33800856
the /k/ave at /k/ristmas would be fucking awesome
>>
>>33800856
>Sergej, you opened 9mm 125gr vault 4 and dropped 3m rds of it into the 357sig vault 2!
>>
File: wallpaper_apocalypse_32.jpg (257KB, 1228x768px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper_apocalypse_32.jpg
257KB, 1228x768px
>>33800900
Having a massive feast in the great hall. All the homemade beer and spirits. Trading weapons themed gifts, custom slav surplus, 54r necklaces and jewelry. Mass in prayer of the Kube.

I need this in my life now.

I RENOUNCE THE SUN
>>
>>33800964
I actually want to do this not kidding, I need people who know what they are doing(engineers, architects, miners)
We'd steal the Kube and place it inside the giant dining hall.
>>
>>33800982
>stealing the cube
>bunch of demilled guns that are worthless now

you sound like a heretic to my religion.
>>
File: Born to feel.jpg (156KB, 746x982px) Image search: [Google]
Born to feel.jpg
156KB, 746x982px
>>33800964
>>33800982
I'd be happy if my life was this. At least we'd accomplish something rather than slave away at a desk for 40 years like most normies. I'm getting sad now that the odds are stacked against us and the /k/ave will never be accomplished.
>>
>>33800982
I'm rather electronics savvy and have some know-how with computers and networking. Other than that I'm able bodied and willing to work.

If I get reason enough to abandon my life, there will be a rifle and two hands at the ready.
>>
>>33801008
>wasting working guns on a monument
>>33801014
>>33801016
I'll be ready to start maybe 3-4 years from now. Computers and networks would be really valuable, and we could run bit mining if we get geothermal power
>>
File: k batman.jpg (46KB, 665x746px) Image search: [Google]
k batman.jpg
46KB, 665x746px
>>33801016
>>33801040
/k/omrades we need a method of communication. We must start recruiting now, sending subliminal messages to those we deem worthy, collecting weapons and kit. We also need a flag, or symbol of some kind.
>>
>>33801071
>tfw currently in ausfalia
CANT BUY A FUCKING GUN
but i've got a greencard coming
>>
File: flagdesign.png (10KB, 467x434px) Image search: [Google]
flagdesign.png
10KB, 467x434px
>>33801071
Also i've made up a flag design
>Everything under a mountain
>AR/AK to symbolize unity of the great clans
>maybe a crown if we're a monarchy
>>
File: 1484806184308.jpg (83KB, 874x872px) Image search: [Google]
1484806184308.jpg
83KB, 874x872px
>>33799780
wat
>>
>>33801112
M8 I'm a bong, I'm just as fucked. We must hope that the free peoples of this thread buy enough to share.

>>33801138
I love it. I think if we do add a crown, it should be atop the rifles to indicate our status as a theocracy led by gods of glorious steel and polymer.
>>
>>33801161
I'll get you over on a h1b if it takes off, what skills have you got?
>>
>>33801138
>deep in the mountain
>where the iron blooms
>the sulfur boils
>the saltpeter etches
>the carcoal smolders
>is where we hide
>powered by steam
>from the earth's heart deep down
>>
>>33801138

>unity with the slavshit clan

never, i'd sooner have them gassed to death
>>
>>33801244
Nice, wheres that from?

Anyone got any uniform ideas? NVGs obviously. Maybe urban digital camo would be fitting.
>>
>>33801196
Currently a pleb. Basic computing, carpentry and metalwork, I understand the concept of building cause it's the family profession. I'm joining Armoured Cavalry this year so I'll be able to add mechanics, command skills and tactics.
>>
>>33801280
We'd all ascend from slav/burger gear, we'd manufacture our own firearms.
>>33801295
Sounds good, military experience is defiantly a bonus, same with the trade skills
>>
File: Russia.jpg (22KB, 637x480px) Image search: [Google]
Russia.jpg
22KB, 637x480px
>>33801285
Ponchos and gas masks for ceremonial duties. Never forget from whence we came.

>>33801302
Thank you /k/amerad, what are your skills?
>>
>>33801285
>Nice, wheres that from?

I just meade it up as the beginning of our anthem....

>Anyone got any uniform ideas?

Since it's dark and dirty, MultiCam Black is the obvious choice.
>>
>>33799750

A couple of bears
>>
>>33801285
>uniform
>camo
The dirt and soot earned with hard work, the darkness that veils us from the overworld.
>>
>>33801319
fucking nothing, but i plan to join the Army. I have a decent understanding of computers, and alright understanding of chemistry/physics.
>>
>>33801324
You need a bit about beer, and a bit about guns as well.
>>
File: dsc06117.jpg (433KB, 1100x825px) Image search: [Google]
dsc06117.jpg
433KB, 1100x825px
Designated rooms for brewing, reloading, chemistry, comms and radio, armoury and range, living quarters, kitchen, great hall, energy production (geothermal), water purification, aquaponic garden and a hueg room full of every form of surplus.
>>
File: SpiegelBunkerDoor.jpg (114KB, 850x637px) Image search: [Google]
SpiegelBunkerDoor.jpg
114KB, 850x637px
>>33801493
We need a fuckhueg door with sealing handles and shit
>>
What political system would we use? I'm gonna say constitutional (shall not be infringed)despotism
>>
>>33801543
It should be some sort of military rule, but one that is fair. Maybe have an elected senior council, with a member from each field of affairs. Each council can pass pretty much any law and repeal any previous law, but anything they can do can be undone by the next government. You could also have some area of the /k/onstitution that are untouchable.

So sort of a mix of the British and German systems, with a pinch of High Lords of Terra?
>>
File: 1410694709016.gif (509KB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
1410694709016.gif
509KB, 260x146px
>>33799763
>line entire tunnel system with large speakers
>tell your guys to earpro the fuck up or go deaf immediately
>BLAST high pitch screeching feedback at absolute max volume for 2-3 minutes
>90% of them are crippled and trying to get the fuck out
>other 10% is probably ape-rage mode firing wildly into the silent darkness

>that 90% gets lost in the caves and rapidly evolves eyesight and tectonic sensory capabilities because radiation
>you're now facing looters AND a horde of wild cave mutants

SHTF is gonna be Siiiiiick
>>
File: Vault_door_CA2.jpg (623KB, 1024x821px) Image search: [Google]
Vault_door_CA2.jpg
623KB, 1024x821px
>>33801531
Fallout up in dis bitch
>>
>>3380159
Good idea, a ruling council with members like an economist a general ect. Maybe a judge or something to ensure legality of laws passed.
>>
>>33801627
Meant for
>>33801590
>>
File: Vault_Layout.jpg (386KB, 866x612px) Image search: [Google]
Vault_Layout.jpg
386KB, 866x612px
>>
>>33801639
>No mines
>No great feast hall
>No giant km2 hall full of ammunition
5/10 fortress
>>
File: 1473044095188.png (40KB, 152x254px) Image search: [Google]
1473044095188.png
40KB, 152x254px
>>33799750
>be scouting party
>find a centuries-old complex, the door rusted over after hundreds of years of no maintenance
>blow the hinges off with tannerite charges, there's probably scrap inside
>something sitters towards you from the darkness
>hordes of cave-adapted albino freaks charge the team, screeching inarticulately and brandishing slavshit
>everyone's fw they mow down thousands of cave goblins to get at the treasures they so jealously guard
>>
File: image.jpg (157KB, 1024x637px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157KB, 1024x637px
>>33800964
Fuck it, I'd join. Autism and merriment beneath the trepidation of the surface world. Sounds pretty /comfy/.
>>
File: 1443966105030.jpg (43KB, 640x474px) Image search: [Google]
1443966105030.jpg
43KB, 640x474px
>>33801677
>Everyone's fw the treasure is the last original nugget and a huge stash of porn
>>
File: vault.jpg (187KB, 1190x836px) Image search: [Google]
vault.jpg
187KB, 1190x836px
>>33801619
>>
>>33801750
>Trillions of poorly crafted bullets
>Golden statues of guns and various carvings of memes
>>
File: 1491208182557.jpg (987KB, 1200x1602px) Image search: [Google]
1491208182557.jpg
987KB, 1200x1602px
>>33801781
>mfw /k/ommandos get locked up for a millennia and do nothing but handload
>>
>>33801601

severely underrated post
>>
Electricity. Internet.
>bitcoin?
>>
>>33801805
We'd dig out a shooting hall obviously, shooting would be the national sport
>>
>>33801852
Yeah especially with geothermal. We'd spend the national budget on gun imports.
>>
>>33800188
>not already being a Big Mountain Jew
>>
>>33799929
Don't think we ever adopted protocol 3 of the CCW.
>>
>>33801071
Sounds like a good time to try communism
>>
>>33803049
First we must establish a prosperous nation. Then we destroy it with communism. All things in good time anon.
>>
File: Apps-Discord.png (42KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Apps-Discord.png
42KB, 1024x1024px
Anyone want a Discord for this shit?

If you do not want myself to set this up, I suppose anyone is welcome to start it.
>>
File: 20170416_133104.jpg (3MB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170416_133104.jpg
3MB, 2160x2160px
Guys.... I live in Montana and im starting a gun company. I could manufacture us a massive pile of these.

>The underground gun-forges of the rockies
>>
>>33803181
Aw fuck yeah. That shit is tight, Anon
>>
File: IMG_1457.jpg (337KB, 1280x989px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1457.jpg
337KB, 1280x989px
>>33803181
This is sounding more and more like Lord of the Rings.
100 years from now, the greatest weapon a warlord could field will be a regiment of Mootian mercenary /k/ommandos. Armed with surplus and homebrew guns, we will solve the world's problems from our subterranean fortress-monastery.

With Blood and Iron!
>>
>>33803181
Also that thing looks awesome. It has the right mix of Sten and modernism to look stripped down without being an improvised tangle of metal.
>>
>>33800024
>dissing alex jones, hero crusader of the alt-right
you just came to the wrong chan mother fucker!!!
>>
Animals could be brred and SLAUGHTARED
>>
File: received_10212216316944226.png (1MB, 1073x1087px) Image search: [Google]
received_10212216316944226.png
1MB, 1073x1087px
>>33803319
>>33803387
Theyre gonna be for sale in 12 to 18 months for $425. Gonna make a pistol version too for around $375.

If things go well I might look into developing a mass produced sheet-metal handgun for $125-$150 range too.

I've secured funding for start-up, im hammering out the legal side of things over the next year. Pic is what will most likley be our logo, friend is a studio artist and made a rough draft of it for me a few days ago.

Gonna be solid, reliable, dirt cheap guns. /k/ is gonna have its own gun company. If my venture is sucessful I would outfit a /k/ult if they got organized enough.
>>
>>33803585
Would it be easy to convert to full auto?
>>
>>33803585
What calibre are they? If you sell them in .22 you've got at least one British sale right here. Do the scope and bipod come standard, I don't see any iron sights?
>>
>>33803684
No, the ATF would not allow me to produce and sell readily converted weapons.

I will sell build your own parts kits, though it is illegal to manufacture a machinegun and such actions constitute a gross misuse of our product and voids any legal or financial responsibilty on our part.
>>
>>33803727
Its a tool-room protype, it was built to prove mechanical function, scope and bipod were added to prove accesorizability, and for accuracy testing (1.5 to 2 MOA was achieved, effective range of 150 meters).

It is in 9mm, but we do not posess an export license so atleast to begin with we can only sell inside the US.
>>
>>33803789
Any plans to upscale into other calibers?
>>
>>33800153
You're using TCP/IP, which was invented by a jew.
Do you use Whatsapp? Invented by a jew.
Ever eat Vitamin C tablets? Invented by a jew.
RSA encryption? Israeli invention.
USB drives? Israeli invention.
>>
>>33803789
Ah ok, that's a shame. That's a pretty good weapon, the /k/ult would be honored to have you on board. I hope I get to try it in the glory of the caverns /k/omrade!
>>
>>33803830
>>33803840
No idea yet, we need to get operational and generating profit before we can diversify our product line.

But im not gonna post no more, I'm inadvertantly derailing a good thread. Point is house Breeki will pledge support to the underground /k/ingdom.
>>
>>33800778
The only problem: to survive 1000 years, you'd need to procreate, meaning you would have to get laid.
>>
>>33803181
That looks like a open bolt gun.
>>
>>33803892
Its not anymore. I fixed everything wrong with the sten and made it not suck balls anymore.
>>
>>33803903
If you could find the time to shoot a youtube video showing off your product I for one would love to see it in action.
>>
File: wp.jpg (87KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
wp.jpg
87KB, 1200x630px
>>33799929
but incendiary weapons were never banned, they just banned using them in populated areas.
and there's always everyone's favorite smoke generator around. it's totally not incendiary, honest!
The searing, inextinguishable heat is just an unfortunate byproduct of the smoke generation process
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzddAYYDZkk
>>
>>33803965
Again, thats a topic for another thread, (of which I periodically create).

Nobody will believe me but I started the first unnaground /k/ult on here with my literally autistic brother. I have a vested interest in assisting with the creation of an underground complex for /k/ommandos to live in.

I think the biggest two obstacles are finding land and actually building something that isnt just a pit in some dirt.
>>
>>33804007
>which I periodically create
Link to archived previious thread?
>>
>>33801601

had a kek
>>
>>33804007
>I started the first unnaground /k/ult on here with my literally autistic brother.
Wait are you the anon that packed the stump full of tannerite and convinced his hole digging brother that the red tip 7.62 you gave him was a secret govment explosive round?
>>
File: really.gif (2MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
really.gif
2MB, 202x360px
>>33800202
>>
File: 1466559800736-1.jpg (4MB, 3488x5380px) Image search: [Google]
1466559800736-1.jpg
4MB, 3488x5380px
>>33804020
The molemen thread? I got no idea what happens to my previous gun company threads.
>>
>>33804072
Yeah thats me.
>>
>>33799750
Just call the mollman
>>
>>33804142
Better resolution
>>
Instead of hydroponic crops, we should look into the cultivation of mushrooms. Less resources required to maintain.
>>33804150
You're good people.
>>
>>33804281
Pic is fucky to load, link to better image

https://yuki.la/k/30361949
>>
>>33804173
im taking a break after a major tunnel collapse and water inundation
>>
>>33804490
Awww shit, good ta see ya again dude. Seems like winging it and going slowly worked out for ya.

What happened?
>>
I know there are other /k/ommandos on here in colorado. Who will join me in making an enclave in the rockies? I plan on getting a usaa loan to buy at least 100 acres out here
>>
File: tumblr_o4q02rKOx21tepew7o1_500.jpg (32KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4q02rKOx21tepew7o1_500.jpg
32KB, 500x331px
>>33803844
Oh shit nigga
>>
>>33804636
Sure, why not? Sounds fun. Colorado as well.
>>
>>33804835
We shall construct viet cong tunnels
>>
>>33806309
Meant>>33804855
>>
>>33801319
just found this thread now but I wanna lend my skills for once this gets started, I am a bit of a farmer and I know basic medical work, my true calling though is blacksmithing. I have basic knowledge of many other things and I am able bodied, my wife is currently going to college to be a doctor so she brings those skills to the table too.

long live the /k/ave
>>
OP here, great ideas so far, Should i make a discord for this?

>>33803181
If you run a business down there, you'd need a postal address right, so we'd need to have an address for the /k/ave
>>
File: muhmines.jpg (106KB, 634x501px) Image search: [Google]
muhmines.jpg
106KB, 634x501px
>>33799750
>comparing Khazad-dum to a shitty viet cong tunnel.
>>
>>33804520
Any plans for a sporter wood stock version?

Could imagine myself making a little cottage shop selling them but don't want to step on your toes/ get fucked when you can sell them as a standard option for way cheaper than I could.
>>
>>33804490
>major tunnel collapse and water inundation
My balls clenched.
>>
>>33799788
All under ground anything should have more than one exit
>>
hope you Anons know how to tell the difference between sand/silt/clay and when you need to reinforce.
>>
>>33807661
After the modifications I've made to its the things is pretty much a different gun. Im in the process of licensing, copyrighting, and patenting. If somebody were to demonstrate that they could build them with skill and quality I wouldnt be adverse to licensing out the design to other manufacturers to make their own under the company brand, but I garuntee that after my industrial CNC equipment is set up nobody will be able to make as many for as cheap as I can. Well major manufacturers could but again, if they did it without a license I could sick a lawyer on em.
>>
>>33808211
Could/would you get it all underground? We have ambitious plans to have a geothermal power plant so electricity wouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>33808211
So are you going to roll out a wood stock version concurrent with initial release or are just going to focus on wire first to keep costs down?
>>
>>33808264
If you can provide 550 volt power supply, about ehh.... 3,000 square feet of space and proper ventilation and air supply I could. Lots of chemicals and fumes involved with industrial CNC equipment and finishing treatments.

Given the right matierials I could crank out about 200-300 rifles a month.
>>
>>33808328
We'd be able to pipe out fumes, and the power generation and space shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>33808299
Focus is on a balance between reliability, accuracy, and low cost. Adding a wood stock does not enhance the prior two but adds an extra $100 onto the cost of each rifle.

Way I see it, if people want to add such a feature to their $400 gun then thats something they can build on their own. For that cheap of a price it is inevitable that bells and whistles get sacrificed for function. Nobody can really complain too much that their $400 to $450 9mm carbine doesnt look as pretty as a $900 suomi clone.

Cuz hey, for that price for a PCC its either mine or hipoint.
>>
>>33808338
Youre going to need some pretty heavy duty reinforced concrete floors too. Not one piece of the equipment im setting up weighs less than half a ton.
>>
>>33808383
Addendum: some of it is 10 feet wide as well, running it underground is easy, its just a matter of space, ventilation, and power supply.

GETTING it underground is the hard part. A lot of it is pretty big.
>>
>>33808369
Oh, I don't mean compete guns, I mean just stocks as an accessory to go with parts kits for cuckstaters like me.

Christ, imagine trying to get zoned for gun manufacturing in Jersey, know Henry does it but they also had millions in backing.
>>
My underground community is limited to only specific ammunition:

.22lr pistol/rifle
9mm pistol/carbine
5.56 rifle
30-06 rifle
12 gauge shotgun

Anything else is a sin.
>>
File: 1462508065807.gif (688KB, 664x714px) Image search: [Google]
1462508065807.gif
688KB, 664x714px
>>33808424
>no 7.62x54R
HERETIC
>>
>>33808415
I live in Montana, zones arent even a thing here.
>>
>>33808383
Yeah we'd defiantly have to concrete the floor, unless we hit some hard rock. Would it possible to disassemble them down into smaller components to move them in?

>>33808424
>>33808441
We'd eventually be making our own calibers, feel free to invent some names
>>
>>33808441
We shall fight you to our last round! Which we have more of cause we can fit more into the same amount of space at less weight!
>>
File: 1488749306230.jpg (84KB, 474x612px) Image search: [Google]
1488749306230.jpg
84KB, 474x612px
>>33808424
>no 7.62x39
reee
>>
File: 1458009823781.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1458009823781.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>33808556
Check'd

Are we going to make our own mosin variants chambered in something else?
Would doing so bring a curse upon ourselves or it be the final enlightenment?
>>
>>33808449
46, so that I can make a 1911 in it and whenever they say
>"tha only reasun ah curry a fowty-fahve is cuz they doan make uh fowty-six"

I can troll them and pull my .46 caliber 1911 out.
>>33808449
To a certain degree but some large stuff like the frames and such cant.
>>
>>33808587
Once we get our gun industry going anything is possible.

>>33808589
How much space would we need to get it in?

I'm thinking the floor section would be poured concrete, and the wall segments would be poured outside and brought in. ceiling would be either wood or corrugated aluminum( space to run pipes included. I'm no architect but.
>>
>>33808633
Im not really sure, I havent recieved any of it yet. Its a bigass CNC CO2 laser cutting rig, a big CNC mill, and a press.

Im gonna build a bluing tank, that shit is pretty noxious and corrosive and needs a LOT of ventilation. Im literally just starting up and wont be online anywhere from a year to 18 months from now.
>>
>>33808749
I can't start the /k/ave for a few years, dont have any money, or land
>>
>>33808764
Quite frankly I think a missile silo is yer best bet.
>>
>>33808807
how much would one of those cost?
>>
>>33808876
About $400,000
>>
>>33808901
Looks like we're digging a hole then
>>
File: christno.jpg (1MB, 2616x2000px) Image search: [Google]
christno.jpg
1MB, 2616x2000px
>this might actually become a thing

Godspeed you weird motherfuckers. Looking at theshit that's happening on earth, going underground, below the ocean or into deep space seems more appealing by the day.
>>
>>33808936
>>33808916
No offense but I've been on 3 of these and nothing ever happens. People get really excited then the LARP ends and everyone forgets about it.
>>
>>33808944
That's a possibility, considering it'll be a few years till i can anything happen.
>>
>>33808966
>>33808944

i'm not giving anyone any money or anything,if this is just LARP then it's a pretty good amusing one.
>>
>>33809001
I want to make the /k/ave, but I'd need my own money and some land suitable for it. Ideally i would be able to fund it all.
>>
File: samuraisaint.jpg (1MB, 1280x1173px) Image search: [Google]
samuraisaint.jpg
1MB, 1280x1173px
>>33809022
I wish you all the best.
>>
>>33809053
thanks senpai
>>
In any case Im starting up my company and if successful will be looking to contribute back to the /k/ommunity in some way.

Maybe hook up with creepfinder and help fund a nuggetfest.
>>
File: 1469091731301.jpg (108KB, 346x480px) Image search: [Google]
1469091731301.jpg
108KB, 346x480px
>>33799750
Several fake entrances

One big ass vault door fallout style as a "come fuck my shit up raiders" trap that either just opens onto a concrete slab with dickbutt drawn on it or alternately a fuckton of semtex or thermite. Probably the thermite option so when some oxyacetaline torches the door a bunch of radiating lines of white hot death start to drop through the cave ceiling
>>
>>33809087
Bigass "main door" about 100 yards inside the mouth of the tunnel.

If tampered with an outer steel door drops into place and the space inbetween the two is flooded to the cieling with the contents of the compounds septic tank.
>>
File: ktraps.jpg (2MB, 3762x3323px) Image search: [Google]
ktraps.jpg
2MB, 3762x3323px
>>33809087
>>33809111
Whenever /k/ talks about traps i get all bothered and hot
>>
File: 1493496281899.png (3MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493496281899.png
3MB, 1080x1080px
>>33808444
>tfw ever since I saw The Hunt for Red October I wanted to visit there
Maybe one day.

Running the numbers I might be able to sell them for maybe 70-80 bucks a stock but that would pretty much be a hobby with maybe 10 units a week and a margin of 'if USPS raises rates, I'm fucked' . You have way bigger plans than I thought.

I'll probably just make a one off stock from a parts kit. Also GIMP is impossible to use drunk holy shit.
>>
>>33803870
You should make one in 7.62x25tok
We need them up here in Canada. I have 4000 rounds of tok ammo, and only one tokarev ;_;

life is suffering
>>
Anyone good at geology?
What kind of soil would be ideal? Is getting through stone too hard by hand?
>>
>>33799750
Buckshot and vepr 12s.

tight tunnels and buckshot go hand in hand.
>>
>>33809161
Im seriously considering it, but you guys have really wierd import laws for guns. If I made one theres no garuntee you would be able to buy it.
>>
>>33808944
This desu. The /k/ave is vaporware, just like /g/'s variant of Tay, and pretty much everything else 4channers dream up

We have big dreams but we don't have the dedication to see it through. And if one individual does, it's despite 4chan, not because of it

It's because we're not organized (no leadership), and because we're mostly just underaged/NEETS/regular people with jobs and a life
>>
>>33809263
Im a combat vet with $50,000 who wants to make a fuckload of cheap guns and sell em. So thats what im gonna do.

Mostly just cuz I absofuckinlutley hate hipoint and wanna prove you can do it without zinc and plastic.
>>
>>33809117
>Just leads to shot up mirrors and a pissed off entry team
Stainless steel walls polished to a mirror shine. Your move Mr. Lawman
>>
>>33809298
Good luck,your gun is appealingly minimalistic and I'd love to have one.
>>
>>33809161
Don't you have a bunch of cheap PPS clones? if those haven't been approved for import I doubt this one would be
>>
>>33804636
Assuming I'm out of the navy by that time, sure I've got nothing better to do than die in a cave-in.
>>
File: Swinging Trap.jpg (217KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Swinging Trap.jpg
217KB, 960x540px
>>33809117
So, want to talk about traps?
>>
>>33809952
>not having a giant boulder fall from the ceiling down the entranceway
>>
File: Homemade Caltrops.jpg (91KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Homemade Caltrops.jpg
91KB, 600x800px
>>33809959
Well obviously that's going to happen, but variety is the spice of life.
>>
>>33809968
Those wouldn't be effective at all unless everyone was barefoot.
>>
>>33799753
>I'd sya suppressors. Loud noises in a cave wouldn't be fun.
Not a problem, just get some earpro.

Its only a problem if you are in front of the muzzle
>>
File: Pungi Pit.jpg (71KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
Pungi Pit.jpg
71KB, 600x399px
>>33809972
>nails can't penetrate shoe soles
>>
>>33809992
nails in squishy rubber hoses won't penetrate soles, the rubber will just give and bend..
>>
What type of plants would we grow (Hydroponic)?

What type of animals could live inside (Pigs, Chickens etc)?
>>
File: Feather Spear Trap.png (1MB, 1035x640px) Image search: [Google]
Feather Spear Trap.png
1MB, 1035x640px
>>33809998
>didn't notice the welded together ones in the corner
The hose ones would probably do fine against tires anyway.
>>
>>33810034
Potatoes are a pretty good bet, they're nutritious, large crop and easy to grow. We'd need other stuff as well though to rotate crops and prevent disease. Probably oats and wheat for flour, tomatoes and other generic garden produce.
>>
>>33810052
We could make homemade alcohol with potatos, so they're a huge plus. How large an area would we need?
>>
>>33810034
Oh yeah, I remembered aquaponics this thing last night after I left this thread. All you need is electricity to run the pump. You get the fish and the crop planted above.
>>
>>33810059
Yeah, I'm trying to think of other crops you can make shit out of. Oilseed would be good, you can process that into fuel, cooking oil or just eat it or use it as animal feed.

Not sure about space, I remember reading something like a human can live off 2 sq m of land if he does it right, but that seems suspiciously small.
>>
>>33810069
Thats a really good idea, we'd have to buy bulk amounts of fish food and store it.

>>33810075
We could farm pigs underground, they eat anything, and don't need to graze. Other than that with a lot of aquaponics we could be completely self sufficient
>>
>>33810084
Yeah, pigs don't give a toss. Chickens would be good as well, just look at battery farms. Life for them in the /k/ave would probably be better than that.

You've just reminded me about Anaerobic Digestion. We get a big tank unnaground and load it with shit, waste plant matter and certain bacterial cultures. Bacteria digests waste, producing methane gas and this disgusting slurry that is some of the best natural fertilizer in the world.
>>
>>33810108
It also produces heat. We could harness the elemental power of rotting shit to ferment the tatos into glorious Poitin!
>>
>>33810108
methane could run a generator no?
>>
>>33810115
Yes, or alternatively could be pumped into the sealed entrance hall and ignited when the lawmen gain entrance, killing most and taking out the oxygen.

Also are all the americans in bed? Is that why it's so quiet?
>>
>>33810127
yeah i think they wake up soon
>>
I've just found that one of the machines we used to dig the Channel Tunnel sold for ÂŁ40,000, and there's one still buried in the side of the tunnel. We could either start saving our pocket money or go on a diggin expedition.
>>
>>33810196
The major problem is getting it to the Rockies, and how much does it cost to operate?

We could just get a bunch of robots from r9k to dig for us
>>
>>33809298
Good luck with your business, Breeki-bro. May the /k/ube watch over you. I'm looking forward to your product, sadly, as a eurofag, I won't be able to get it.

That being said, you guys think the Unnaground /k/ingdom would want a blacksmith like myself? I love forging tools, and I feel like a stout mattock would be a handy thing unnaground, just remember Iron Hills dwarves. Knives are fun to do and always handy, and if I got together with some machinist-bro, that would mean custom bayonets, too. Everyone loves bayonets, right?

I had a go with forgewelding a short barrel, but I wouldn't trust any smokeless with it.

Forged some manganese steel (helmets, AR500) last week and shit's about as malleable like spring steel when hot, but when it cools, it's an absolute pain to work with handheld tools. Dwarven plate from AR500?

I'd need some amount of ventilation and it'd produce heat, obviously, but nothing too noxious I work with to make steel stuff.
>>
File: IMG_3018[4509].jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3018[4509].jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>33810213
Have shovel /k/omrade, will dig for victory.
>>
File: IMG_0053.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0053.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>33810251
As a fellow euro, I feel you bro. Any sort of skill would have some sort of use, I had a go at blacksmithing and love it. These are what I made, as /k/avedwellers I don't think we'd need much more complicated than this or similar.
>>
Sure dude, what underground civilization is without a good blacksmith?
>>
>>33800202
>/pol/ is a badge of honour
nigga went full echo chamber. you never go full echo chamber.
>>
File: IMG_20160921_105025.jpg (823KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160921_105025.jpg
823KB, 2560x1920px
>>33810265
Hah. The other day I forged about 50 of those knives in one go. Then we got an order for a different kind and we got order for a different kind of small knife and man, are they fucking slow to make, for the time I forged 4 of these, I forge 1 of the new one. Which is logicaly a quarter of the profit. Gotta make about 600 of them. Sigh.

Knock the corners of your stock before you start drawing it out, It'll make that rolling less of an issue. Pretty edge-line, though!

As for needing more complicated things, I can tell you, nah, this is pretty much a pain to work with for longer peroid of time. I've found finnish puukko/leuku to be the go-to knife in terms of all-round simplicity and usefulness. Spearpoints and dropoints/bowies work well for mid-size knives, too, and I've found that large-ish saexes can make a pretty handy cross between an axe and a knife, too. I am partial to choppy stuff in general, and absolutely love axes.

>pic related
a cleaver I made for a pal the other day. Kinda has that /k/avedweller a e s t h e t i c, I think. Made it rough and nasty on purpose, my friend is a fan of orks, so it came naturally.
>>
File: ca684.png (43KB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
ca684.png
43KB, 1162x850px
>>33810283
Thanks, man.

I do some work with wood, leather, bone and horn/antler. I guess I could make stocks, holsters and unnaground tribal stuff. I plan on forging some gravers and try to learn inlaying and some basic engraving.

Just imagine. Slavshit with forged heatshields, hefty bayonets and inlaid with dwarven runes of power blessed in cosmoline, beer and vodka. Armoured ushankas! Mead for every /k/ommando!

>desire to be a part of /k/ Dorf Fortress intensifies
>>
File: dwarfs.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
dwarfs.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
>>33810326

Just imagine this type of armor for our guards, but full AR-500 plate/ mail and Kevlar with padding under it. It'll be for defensive purposes so the weight wont matter so much. Armed with our own firearms

Also, not gonna lie, playing some DF inspired me
>>
File: dwarves better.jpg (281KB, 1916x1076px) Image search: [Google]
dwarves better.jpg
281KB, 1916x1076px
>>33810330
Better image
>>
File: Cyka.jpg (36KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
Cyka.jpg
36KB, 400x386px
>>33810326
>mfw Armoured Ushankas

>>33810315
That looks awesome, I got the Ork vibe as soon as I saw it. We would need chopping things, but tunnel warfare would make swinging difficult so stabbing weapons would be more suitable. Spears would be good, a Saexe or shortsword would be perfect.
>>
>>33810315
That's pretty sweet.
>tfw only into woodworking
How does one learn to blacksmith?
>>
>>33809402
You stationed out in co too?
>>
>>33808449
.377 falafel
>>
>>33810368
1.0 Existence Failure
>>
File: IMG_20170324_110349.jpg (864KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170324_110349.jpg
864KB, 2560x1920px
>>33810330
Didn't know these images. Man, the armours are fucking cool. But the axes, man, they are rubbish. Imagine a shield-wall with RPK's or some makeshift shite between the shields instead of spears. Who am I kidding, RPK's with bayonets, so we have both.

Problem is that forging AR500 in the thicknesses needed to stop boolits would mean I'd need a group of guys with sledgehammers and possibly help of some machinistbro to make dies for series production though. For buckshot, .22LR and possibly .45" I could do it myself by hand, but for more serious calibres, no way I'm forging that myself.

Also, a guy I know is making pretty much this suit of armour from titanium plates. Fucking up his hands pretty bad and takes a lot of work, but he says it's featherlight compared to steel. That being said, titanium isn't really a good ballistic defence. Against irradiated creepy-crawlies, though? Shit's like mythril.

Damn you, now I need to play DF.

>pic unrelated, last axe I forged.
>>
>>33809053
>Draw a man.
>It's a man with a woman's face.

Goddamn it Japan.
>>
>>33810383
>Don't pretend you wouldn't bro
>>
File: shield.jpg (68KB, 695x731px) Image search: [Google]
shield.jpg
68KB, 695x731px
>>33810382
>tfw pike and shot is a thing again
>rows of heavily armored /k/ guards
>pic related front row,
>LMG and pike second row
>>
>>33810380
.404 File Not Found
>>
>>33810380
no bulli
>>
File: IMG_20170301_143240.jpg (734KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170301_143240.jpg
734KB, 1920x2560px
>>33810349
Thanks, /k/omrade. Well, as you see, the nice thing about axes is that you can make the haft pretty much any length, within reason, and I like forging short-ish choppers when I make more knife-like things. Currently forging a sword for my brother as a wedding gift, and while far from complete, it has a 70cm blade in length and about 6cm broad at the base of the blade. That's about... 28" and 2-1/4" in burger units IIRC. I'll cast a solid brass guard and pommel and dye the hilt with indigo if things go right. Also, as I said earlier, a mattock (same as an axe) will serve both as a weapon and a handy tool, which is a thing I like and will propagate.

As for spears, I've made some as well. I really want to make myself a nice, strong boar spear. And a pet boar. To go with that boar tusk necklace and that boar pelt as tall as myself I wanna make a cloak of. Boars are nice animals. Tasty, nice and literal god-tier battlebros.
I'll stop now.
>pic related, some of the people-pokers I made.
>>33810357
Well, to be fair, I have it easy, as there's a trade school with blacksmithing and metalwork as one of their fields. But really, if you're crafty, you can literally make do with a chunk of steel/ piece of rail track for an anvil, sat on a treestump or a drum full o' sand, next to any ol' hammer, tongs you can make as one of your first projects and even use right kind of pliers, I use those for fine work, and a hair-dryer for powering your nigger-rigged forge.

I shit you not, I once forged a small knife and a belt buckle on a "forge" made of couple of hollow bricks, handful of concrete, solar cells from 'bout a dozen of calculators and two computer fans. That was pretty post-apoc. You could fit that pretty easy into a backpack. And for an anvil I used a large hammer. This session also included homemade bacon, beer, chilli, D&D and homebrewed alcohol. Good times, good times.
>>
>>33810469
That metal looks very nice, I like the unfinished bubbling effect you get when not been polished too much.

I remember reading something, might have been Terry Pratchett or LOTR, about how all a Dwarf needs to start production is a heat source and his axe. We need some sort of combi-weapon that is axe, pick and hammer, with wrench sockets built in. No /k/omrade will be without one. Eventually they'll become like the Crysknives of the Fremen, forbidden to be shown to outsiders and can't be sheathed without tasting blood or stone.

>Boar worship
>Blacksmith
>Dwarf confirmed
>>
>>33810469
Also, punch daggers and similar would probably be good. Again, confined spaces mean weapons that can be used quickly would be best.
>>
>>33810505
pic related?

>Homemade beer
>Salted pork
>Fine smiting
I want this now
>>
>>33810469
I have a bit of track and plenty of hammers.
Guess I'll try to figure out a forge.
>hollow bricks, handful of concrete, solar cells from 'bout a dozen of calculators
That sounds cool as shit.
>>
im an auto mechanic, gun lover, can use torches to bend metal.. could probably learn to weld

am I wel/k/come in our new Dwarven kingdom?
>>
>>33810524
All /k/ommandos are welcome

Especially if you've got skills
>>
File: Czechammer.jpg (24KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Czechammer.jpg
24KB, 200x200px
>>33810505
>bubbly effect
I'm mostly just lazy and I do like myself some rough forge-wrought finish where it doesn't hurt over some mirror polished thing where you see each and every scratch.

>axe-wrench-pick-hammer
Yep, that's basically what a mattock is, if I forged it from a stout stock, so that the sides of the eye are nice and thick enough to be used for hammering in stakes or whatnot, axe blade for obvious chopping festivities and a pick or hoe blade for digging through hard soil and soft rock. And people, too. Socket wrench would be tricky to implement, though. And I don't believe in silly stuff stuck into a haft, save for a nice metal foot or a spike, like valaška or poleaxe has. Romans had a simillar thing, look up Dolabra.

>Dorfs only need axe and fire to do industry
Could very well be. On a trip once, I only had a sharpened, but unhafted axeblade. By nightfall, I had the hatched hafted, tree fallen, chopped into firewood drying around a campfire, a bench to sit on, a skewer to cook on and ingredients prepared. A sharp wit and sharper axe takes you a long way.
>boars, smithing and dorfs
Maybe. Growing a beard, too. But I doubt I'd fare well in low tunnels. I'm about 6'3". I'm kind of torn between orks and dorfs. So, yeah, stuck in the middle somehow. You get a slav anyway when you cross these two races.
>pic semirelated
Anyone know what happened of last year's /k/lass?
>>33810510
Fuck punch daggers. Those serve no purpose as a tool and if you want a minimalistic hand weapon, you might as well have brass knuckles with spikes and slam-fire shotgat on the back of the hand for extra killyness.
>>33810511
Oh yeah. Gotta get into brewing as well. About salted pork, I have five meat hooks meant for curing/drying pork meat, fat and bacon waiting for me to get my ass to post office and send them away.
>>
>>33799753
WHAT?
>>
File: 188110gman3edit.jpg (12KB, 300x318px) Image search: [Google]
188110gman3edit.jpg
12KB, 300x318px
>>33799802
>professionally made tunnels
>/k/
>>
File: 1493492203301.gif (93KB, 565x635px) Image search: [Google]
1493492203301.gif
93KB, 565x635px
I saw this elsewhere on /k/
>>
File: entrance.png (7KB, 467x465px) Image search: [Google]
entrance.png
7KB, 467x465px
>>33810623
I'm 6'0, so not very dwarvish

We'll just make tall tunnels. With enough people i think it would take maybe 2 weeks of digging to get a defensible entrance dug out. Then we'd need to carve out a bunch of halls and rooms.

Breeki Bro said he needs 3000sq ft for his gun industry. 3000sq ft for a dining hall
1500 sq ft for a dormitory/barracks untill we carve individual rooms
>>
Somebody better be screencapping this
>>
>>33810659
Depending on scale of production, I'd be content with about 150sqft for basic stuff in the beginning, with one forge, an anvil and a workbench. Once we get into more industrial size we'd need more space, obviously, powerhammer is a good helper (but nothing that cannot be substituted with more versatile manpower with sledges) and press of sorts for die-forging would be useful in making more serious numbers of items, and a dedicated welding/grinding room with better ventilation would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>33810727
Welding and such would have to be done close to the surface, or we'd have to make a main exhaust pipe, taking out all of the toxins/smoke from a bunch of different industry.
>>
>>33810733
>/k/ Dorf Fort
>Piping out fumes
>Not inhaling them to receive visions from Vulcan on how to create the ultimate weapon.
>>
File: kave smithing.png (368KB, 826x344px) Image search: [Google]
kave smithing.png
368KB, 826x344px
>>33810727
>meanwhile deep in the /k/ave

>>33810753
>fume visions
how about alcohol induced inventions
>>
File: unnaground.jpg (86KB, 625x416px) Image search: [Google]
unnaground.jpg
86KB, 625x416px
>>33810753
>Vulcan
>not Perun
Or maybe Vraccas? Crom? Durin? Simonov? Browning?
>>33810771
Yep! Exactly. What I wouldn't give for a bunch of drunken, bearded, sledgehammer wielding /k/ommandos willing to be up for any silly thing that comes to mind.
>>
>>33810803
Aulë, creator of dwarves and a smith
(Durin was one of the first 7 dwarves)
>>
File: 1492002909198.jpg (230KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
1492002909198.jpg
230KB, 1280x905px
>>33810803
>>33810816
WE SHALL BUILD SHRINES TO THEM ALL
>>
File: The_Lonely_Mountain.jpg (409KB, 1000x372px) Image search: [Google]
The_Lonely_Mountain.jpg
409KB, 1000x372px
Should i make a new thread and or a discord channel?
>>
>>33810882
Discord would be good
>>
File: DF, everyone.jpg (785KB, 1350x1359px) Image search: [Google]
DF, everyone.jpg
785KB, 1350x1359px
>>33810816
Thanks for the correction. Oh. Also. Armok! How could I forget Armok?
>>
>>33810898
>>33810895
get in
>>
>>33810913
How?
>>
>>33810920
fuck i forgot the link
https://discord.gg/spETa
>>
>>33810882
how do I join this discord.
New person here.

To not be a complete wasted load, I think you guys need to contact /diy/ about this. You will need stonemasons. This sounds prebby autistic but I like it.
>>
>>33810936
You have to download the Discord app/program, then follow link to join
>>
>>33810929
Shit internet. Will get in after I manage to get the client.
>>
>>33810265
Ole-Kristian?
>>
>>33810929
new link bls
>>
>>33811585
https://discord.gg/aDk9q
>>
>>33811311
Kaos Blacksmithing. If that's a name then no, I'm not him.
>>
>>33811594
danke
>>
>>33810059
Friendly reminder that if you want more sugars from a potato (to convert to alcohol) they need to be chilled but not frozen to convert some of their starches to sugars

>>33809210
It's a little hard to explain because i dont remember the terms anymore but here goes:
>build the main areas underneath the water table (certain layers of material form the lower boundary of this table, like bedrock or clay i think)
>build the entrances (yes, plural. Unless you want to get spawn camped by some guy with a rifle) so that they slope upwards when you go unnaground
This will prevent flooding almost completely, if not entirely.

And for the love of god, build domed ceilings.
>>
>>33811819
>domed ceilings
any reason? is it stronger?
>>
>>33811859
Yeah it is, any triangle or dome is stronger than flat
>>
>>33811886
Any tips for digging down? whats the best way to descend under the water table?
>>
Can I get a invite to the discord?
>>
>>33811912
https://discord.gg/VtssJ
>>
>>33811912
https://discord.gg/cStV3WQ
>>
>>33811923
This one is permanent
>>
bumperino
>>
>>33803181

Goddamnit hurry, I need a few.
>>
>>33810108
gathering methane in an enclosed area isn't too safe though.
>>
>>33812338
Yeah I know, we know a guy who lost his dad and 2 brothers when they asphyxiated due to a leak on their farm.

We'd put them at the bottom, methane sinks
>>
>>33811911
Since the tunnels have to be tilted upwards, dig it into the side of a mountain
>>
>>33812363
>methane sinks
The methane itself is odorless, but it's normally mixed with sulfur compounds from decaying matter. That said it's possible to hit a pocket without any warning. We'll need canaries.
>>
>>33801196
Only have lr 22. here because of national laws, have some building knowledge with bricks and concrete and reinforced anti sismical structures because of family company, some decent money and a very strong body, can keep a computer network going and can teach history, economy and philosophy to the newer generations.
All i ask is when shits going down someone to receive my money to buy guns for me and ammo for everyone in freedom land and to let me join.
I'll probably be able to pitch in some heavy machinery as well.
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.