[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nogunz First Rifle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: muh gunz.jpg (355KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
muh gunz.jpg
355KB, 900x1200px
Hey /k/, my buddies and I are really into guns, and the more we talk about them around our other friends, the more they want to get into guns.

My buddy really thinks he wants an M1A as his first rifle. Naturally, this is retarded for a lot of reasons, but he likes what he likes. He says he wants a semi-auto long rifle/battle rifle, and has no interest in a 10/22. I showed him an SKS and that didn't do much for him.

Do you guys have any suggestions I can pass along?

pic unrelated
>>
>>33798817
How is that retarded? Unless he has a bunch of shit he already can't pay for it's a fine first rifle with plentiful ammo with the only thing going against it is that it's a little over priced.
>>
Get a Ruger Mini-14 then.

Cheaper, 5.56 shouldn't kick you around as much as a .308. Good after market, a fun plinker.

Other than that, if he has his mind set on it, than let him get it. My cousin wanted a M92FS for the longest as his only gun, and well... he saved up and got it. Some people are like that mang.
>>
>>33798817
Nothing wrong with an M1A if it's really what he wants and he can afford it.

He'll probably come crawling back to a 10/22 after looking at the ammo bill from a few months of shooting it, but there's nothing wrong with getting your dream gat.
>>
File: you can't fix stupid.jpg (46KB, 512x473px) Image search: [Google]
you can't fix stupid.jpg
46KB, 512x473px
>>33798817
if your friend is set on making a bad decision there isn't much you can do.
>>
>>33798838

He literally knows nothing about guns, I'll likely have to read up on how to take it apart and service it, then show him. I really don't mind, and desu I'm a little jealous lol.

It's just not as practical as muh 10/22

>>33798841

Yeah, I'm for sure gonna bring up the Mini-14, cheaper ammo, cheaper gun, still great, I'm sure.
>>
>>33798871
Basically as the name implies, it's a Mini-M14 in style and function.
>>
>>33798817
How about an fn/fal? Or, just rambling off a few. Ar10, m1 garand, ak pattern rifles, ar 15. Really If he can afford it the m1a isn't terrible by any means but if it's his first gun you can expect he will likely damage it at somepoint.
>>
>>33798892

Might show him the FAL, but he seems to love wood furnished weapons, so the AR-10/15 are out.
>>
File: Rio Bravo.jpg (272KB, 3000x606px) Image search: [Google]
Rio Bravo.jpg
272KB, 3000x606px
>>33798817
levergun
>>
>>33798910

Tried that, showed him based Henry 45-70 (not to suggest him buy one, just to show off how cool they can be)

somehow didn't seem to tickle his pickle
>>
>>33798908
You know they make wood furniture for Ar pattern rifles. It ain't cheap or easy to find but it is god damn sexy
>>
GLORIOUS SHORT MAGAZINE LEE ENFIELD RIFLE FOR THE GLORY OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE
>>
>>33799189
If they are into reloading, sure.
>>
This is what you get, /k/. You meme about muh macho muh big cartridges and then no one wants to start out with a .22lr
>>
>>33799182

I saw a picture of a beautiful wood furnished M16A1 esque AR not too long ago, wish I could find it
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.