/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just scared off a home intruder with this /k/ Probs wont call

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

File: 1483676734608.jpg (2MB, 4250x2391px) Image search: [Google]
1483676734608.jpg
2MB, 4250x2391px
Just scared off a home intruder with this /k/

Probs wont call the cops, he just straight up bolted, but if i had to use this, i might have a hard time explaining to the 5-0

>Just chillin, lurking on /k/ as per usual.
>Mom yells "Anon, Bring your gun!"
>Oh shit nigger.
>Quick thought of do I bring shotgun or Tok
>Shotgun is closer, no question, seconds matter
>Says she heard gates open
>Open door, rack round into chamber loudly, scan outside, nothing in visual
>walk towards driveway, see someone running on foot in the distance
>decide its not worth it to fire birdshot that far, plus residential neighborhood and neighbors would panic.
>go back inside, post on /k/

Another day in the zone.

Anyone have more interesting stories?
>>
While the tok would be more style points, the shotgun was probably the right choice. Easier for an intruder to see.
>>
your mum wanted ya dick
>>
>>33797623
I remember when you painted that
>>
>>33797635
Tok also has no front sight. Fuck zastava QC.

>>33797639
Eyyyy. Whatup.
>>
>>33797649

nothin much
>>
File: 1490923618606.jpg (16KB, 136x174px) Image search: [Google]
1490923618606.jpg
16KB, 136x174px
>>33797623
>living with parents
>poorfag
>birdshot for home defense
>didn't wait inside for the chance to easily kill criminal scum

Please go back to wherever you came from.
>>
>>33797649
>no front sight
I believe I recall you from MWNF.
>>
>>33797623
Best be on guard for awhile, now that they know you're armed they'll either stay gone, try to get at them while you're not home, or come back with friends.
Then again I'm probably just telling you things you already know desu
>>
File: 1469264626656.jpg (2MB, 4250x2391px) Image search: [Google]
1469264626656.jpg
2MB, 4250x2391px
>>33797635
>>33797649

>>33797686
Id say you do remember me.

Seriously though, fuck zastava. I also dont expect much from a 250 dollar gun, but I didnt expect front sight to fall off after less than 100 rounds.

>>33797683
Yeah, Im a poorfag, what of it? I openly admit it, I never asked for riches.
Birdshot for HD, yah, i know, but its what is loaded currently, wont shoot thru drywall but still wont want to be on the receiving end of it.
Fuck back off queer.
>>
>>33797710
Oh, im adrenalined the fuck up right now. 100% on guard, dog is outside to alert, only distraction is /k/
>>
>>33797623

I used to live in a very notable high crime Midwest US city. My home defense was a Mossberg 500, just because I know criminals recognize that sound.

Interestingly, a good friend of mine and his brother had two guys try to kick in their door. They had a 38 revolver and a pump shotgun (maybe a Remington). They said one looked out the peephole while the other racked the shotgun. The sound scared them off.

I always kept home defense rounds, but 00 buck will stomp out anything on two legs
>>
>>33797716
It was pining for its home, that's why it just took off.

(I was the guy with the mauser pistol.)
>>
>>33797978
Going to arkadia or the next nf?
>>
>>33797943
What midwest city, because I am as well. Burbs of chiraq yo.
>>
File: 1479958289026.jpg (3MB, 4890x2750px) Image search: [Google]
1479958289026.jpg
3MB, 4890x2750px
>>33798073
North, South, or West? West suburbs here
>>
>>33798059
Next time it's in the midwest. Too busy with work to travel much.
>>
>>33797716
Buy some dry wall and shoot it with bird shot.
>>
>>33798173
West (although technically called NW) suburbs, dupage county.

>>33798304
What a shame. Ill see you at the 2nd to next one maybe then.

>>33798317
Maybe, but yeah, it might penetrate it, but it'll lose most of its velocity.
>>
>>33798457
it will punch through two walls, and after the second will have no energy left
>>
>>33797623
>Inb4 cycling the action scared the guy away
>>
File: 1480809984036.gif (4MB, 640x828px) Image search: [Google]
1480809984036.gif
4MB, 640x828px
>>33797623
>Probs
kys faggot
>>
>>33797623
>wracking slide to "scare criminals"
>birdshot

you and your mother deserve rape as punishment for your stupidity.
>>
ITT: Anons who have never defended their homes with a gun mock an anon who has successfully defended his home with a gun about the way he defended his home with a gun.
>>
>>33799042
this
>>
>>33797623
In the future, for your reference: The law works in almost the exact opposite way you'd expect it to in terms of defense. It is NOT better to wound rather than kill. Not at all. It is worse. They can/will sue you for muh pain and suffering, muh dindu nuffin, I a good boi.
If you have to shoot, it must be to kill. Why? I have no fucking idea why. Use Buckshot/Slugs to get the job done quick and dead men tell no tales.

Next, clean that disgusting shit off your gun. I'm trying to eat here.
>>
>>33799042
this desu
>>
>>33799062
Oklahoma has a bill to eliminate this problem. If signed it would make it impossible for "victims" of a defensive shooting to sue the defender. It would also decriminalize pointing a gun at someone who is committing a felony.
>>
>>33799095
>also decriminalize pointing a gun at someone who is committing a felony.
Wait, what. Criminals can actually sue for having a gun pointed at them while trying to break into something?
>>
>>33799135
no you wouldn't be sued in civil court but it'd be brandishing/threatening/breach of peace under the wrong circumstances
>>
>>33799268
Civil is exactly where the suit happens. "He scarred my lil dindu's mind, he wassa gud boy, you hassa pay for thuh doctuh"
>>
>>33797716
>tfw I know a guy who thought it as a good idea to buy a 9mm variant of this for 25m precision shooting
>in a country where most people shoot with 3k Sig 226 X6 pistols
>>
>>33797716
>wont shoot thru drywall but still wont want to be on the receiving end of it.
This is a common misconception. If it's No 6 birdshot it would blow a hole through drywall at close range. If you want to see what it'll do, get a lettuce, put it on a post and shoot it at about 5 yards - instant salad
>>
File: Muzzle Brake Loud.jpg (494KB, 733x1296px) Image search: [Google]
Muzzle Brake Loud.jpg
494KB, 733x1296px
>>33797623
Not super interesting.
>live out on farm
>late at night
>heard stories of people coming up to cut/rip radiators etc out of vehicles
>swear I may have heard a vehicle sneaking up from field where there's no road
>probably just my imagination, but not going to take chances
>grab psl in glorious 54r
>angle muzzle brake for max volume in suspect direction
>unload a 10rd mag as fast as I can into the dirt
>listen
>don't hear anything
>I know it was probably my imagination, which is preferable to someone actually being around
I was visiting a friend at his parent's place a few years back and they thought we were shooting in the back yard. We were actually almost a couple miles away with the brake facing the direction of their house. It must be pretty loud.
>>
I got one, though it's not very impressive.
>At home, doing laundry
>Hear a noise upstairs
>Grab durr rifle I was cleaning earlier
>Throw magnification down as far as it goes (3x)
>To be able to provide pinpoint accurate fire down my long hallways
>Put a ten-round mag in, chamber a round, safety off
>Tip-toe up the stairs, carefully manoeuvring all 51'' of gun to cover as much space as possible
>Hear somebody in the kitchen
>Creep up to the door, poke the barrel through
>Scream "STOP RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE OR I'LL SHOOT" while tactically staying out of the doorframe
>Hear a very familiar "oh my word!" from the other side
>Walk into the kitchen
>It's my uncle come knocking to borrow my van to take some old furniture to the tip
We had a few laughs about it after.
>>
This was a few years ago in Commiefornia

>Be going to community college, class doesn't start till the afternoon
>Nobody else home
>Be sleeping in, just starting to get up around noon
>Hear the sound of broken glass and footsteps
>Grab Benelli M4
>Back sliding door is wide open, some trailer trash looking mother fucker is looting my parents' room
>The other one sees me, drops everything, and runs out the back door
>The trailer trash turns and sees me in the doorway
>"ON YOUR FUCKING KNEES HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL SHOOT IF YOU MOVE"
>Voice cracks a few times, legs shaking
>Complies but keeps calling me names
>Call the cops, they show up and arrest him
>That's pretty much it
>The other guy gets away, don't know what happened
>>
>>33797623
shit that didnt happen: the thread
>>
>>33799062
Because if your scared enough to use a gun you should be scared enough to kill some one. It's more humane then trying to get a "wounding" shot and you really just blow his leg off and he bleeds out on his floor or you mangle him with birdshot till he looks like Krueger.
>>
>>33799716
You have a cool uncle, my relatives would be like "ahhh anon get rid of those killing machines they are bad you almost killed me"
>>
>>33799029
your an idiot
>>
>>33799735
>community college
>m4
At least try to make it believable
>>
>>33797716
Wont shoot thru drywall?

Have any of you dumb fuckers ever shot your guns? At anything? Ever? Go to home depot and buy a piece. Go to someplace safe and try shooting through it. From hd distance. Then do 2. Then 3 and and and.
>>
here's my boring story
>long ago, junior high
>up late, early AM like a proper bad student watching adult swim
>hear metal clinking out the window
>everything off
>shithead in the back of my dad's work truck fiddling around
>wake up the folks
>dad goes from confused and groggy to blind rage in a matter of seconds
>hairy, short, whitey tighties, sneakers, baseball bat, rage
>check
>down the stairs and out the door
>everybody walk the dinosaur
>i grab a phone and run to my window
>the door slams, vibrating the whole damn shit house
>you hear the obscenities and death threats before you see him
>the guy in the back of the freezes, then panics, tries scrambling over the cab to escape
>too late, dad is already up in the bed with him
>PING
>PING
>PING
>he falls off the cab's roof face first, at least several feet
>somehow scrambles to the idling truck out front and dives into the bed
>by the time he's over the side
>PING
>PING
>PING
>another two in the legs and a broken tail light
>truck fucks off
>probably doesn't fuck off more than a couple miles
>sheriff is like whatever, if you don't have a plate, meth dude

>>33799752
happenings are usually pretty lame fortunately.
all i've ever done is bear mace a couple raccoons.

>>33800193
>community college
>living with parents
>expensive for a combat shotgun but not really expensive for a shotgun
well it's not like he tied his entire life up in student loans.

>>33799581
why radiators?
when the meth problem was bad here i heard of many catalytic converters and such being stolen but never a radiator. you'd have to have a real junkyard on your property to worry about people stealing radiators.
>>
>>33800450
I like your dads approach. My kinda guy
>>
>>33799791
To be entirely fair, most of my other relatives would've reacted sharper and more negatively to it, but my uncle always was a cool laidback type of guy, but I figure he no less got a bit disturbed by getting shouted at and having a loaded gun poked at him - I know I'd be!
What's more, I live in a place where I could trust all but two of the people with my wallet in the morning, get it back in the evening a month later, and find it untouched. If anything, I was just curious as to who would step up in my house without knocking, and having the gun handy helped me get some peace of mind.
>>
>>33797716

>Not using g 3.5" magnum slugs for home defense

Do you even oper8?
>>
>>33800450
>why radiators?
it wasn't only that
and because they're worth money and a quick saw-job to remove from older vehicles etc
it happened to one of my dad's landlords who has a lot of vehicles he's fixing up, some of those are worth 500+
>>
>>33800491
violence of action, friend.
i picked up some of the tail light fragments and kept them. long gone since then.

>>33799791
>>33800541
not him, but my relatives all grew up deer hunting and were pretty fuddish, my dad included.
being caught in a relative's house unexpected i would fully forgive them as long as there were no rounds discharged in the affair. i'd honestly be pleased that my kin were willing to bear arms in regards to their own self preservation.

when i bought my first AK i got lots of >'what do you need 30 rounds for?'
after teaching them a lot of self defense and gun crime data, a little bit of 2a wasn't about hunting/founding fathers weren't illiterates, dispelling some gun control and fudd myths, this and that, and most importantly being courteous and patient while doing it, deprogramming doesn't happen in an evening. i took them shooting with baby killer asphalt weapons, they loved it. most of them own an AR or AK specifically for self defense whatever the scope.
most still vote democrat exclusively, in the midwest.

>>33800603
"one of my dad's landlords who has a lot of vehicles he's fixing up"
you can be truthful on the ineterwebz cunt.
>>
>>33801739
>you can be truthful on the ineterwebz cunt.
not much better way to explain it, we rent some land from a guy to farm, some of the cars etc he had up on a farmsite for parts got chopped for parts one night
they're cars from the early 1900's on up, some of those parts aren't made and are worth money
>>
File: 1484783900665.jpg (199KB, 1000x847px) Image search: [Google]
1484783900665.jpg
199KB, 1000x847px
>>33799042
Anon speaks the truth
>>
>>33797623
If you Don't teport it to the cops, the police will think your neighborhood is safe because they don't know and it will effect monthly crime statistics and thus influences patrol patterns.

You are doing a dissservice to your neighbors and community as a whole.

If you are a tin foil hat, you don't have to mention you confronted the intruder with a weapon unless you have home security cameras filming you.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.