[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BFR thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 1200px-BFR_45-70_1.jpg (84KB, 1200x515px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-BFR_45-70_1.jpg
84KB, 1200x515px
What does /k/ think about BFRs? I was going to write a story where a main character used one, but then I actually started learning about guns and realized that they were pure autism. Still, I want to know what you think.
>>
They feel well made. With custom reamers a long-chamber 500 S&W can be made which could technically be the most powerful revolver available within reason.

Mostly a novelty though for obvious reasons. They feel good to shoot, but for the heavy stuff an x-frame handles recoil better.
>>
Real men use a .45-70 derringer.
>>
>>33797155
.45-70 derringers are for pussys. Real men use .50 BMG derringers.
>>
>>33796968
I normally hate SAA clones, but I've wanted one ever since watching looper.

They're autism alright.
But they're sexy, boner inducing, joy creating glory giving autism.
>>
>>33796968
It's a neat gun, if I already had all the practical guns I wanted I would buy two and convert one into a SBR and make a cased set.
>>
>>33796968

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPArO-OI_3U

BIG IRON
I
G

I
R
O
N
>>
>>33796968
With how ludicrously large this thing is, why didnt they put lightening cuts in the cylinder?
>>
>>33798681

I suspect for the sake of the integrity of the cylinder. These are intended to fire rifle cartridges after all.
>>
>>33796968
They're really nice in the hands and have very smooth actions. I was impressed when I picked one up.

Unless you're writing some crazy shit though there's no reason to have a character actually use one, especially not a main character.
>>
It's a big fucking revolver that shoots a powerful rifle cartridge.
There can't be two ways about it.
It trades off everything in favor of power.
It's heavy, capacity is low, it's single action, but it's powerful.

Good for hunting I guess.
>>
File: 45-70 BFR.jpg (3MB, 2907x1903px) Image search: [Google]
45-70 BFR.jpg
3MB, 2907x1903px
>>33796968

As others have already said, the BFR is a well fitted revolver that is much smoother than any firearm that big has any business being. Probably puts quite a few custom Colt SAA to shame right out of the box. One of the best triggers I've ever experienced too. It really shines with handloaded ammunition.
>>
>>33798742
I kind of wished they were shittier and cheaper so I wouldn't feel bad about drilling a gasport to make a semi revolver in a rifle caliber.
>>
File: .45-70 500gr handload.jpg (1MB, 1660x1548px) Image search: [Google]
.45-70 500gr handload.jpg
1MB, 1660x1548px
>>33798742

My 500gr soft point loads over 44 grains of RL7 is pretty punishing on the wrist and palms and the fireball is something to behold even in the sun.
>>
File: BFR .45-70 and Seecamp.jpg (2MB, 2698x1230px) Image search: [Google]
BFR .45-70 and Seecamp.jpg
2MB, 2698x1230px
>>33798754

Got mine for $750 brand new. They don't show up all that often but not really a whole lot of people looking for them either.
>>
>>33797169
>not using 20mm derringers

Its like you WANT everyone to know you have a vagina....
>>
>>33798663
It's just some stupid song
>>
>>33799324
You take that back cuz thems fightin words.
(Listened to marty robbins on tape cassette as a kid endlessly, fastforward 20 years and its playing in fallout new vegas, brought on a powerful nostalgia)
>>
File: pence lgbt meet acdc.jpg (156KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
pence lgbt meet acdc.jpg
156KB, 400x300px
>>33799324

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_obeR1OIm8
>>
>>33799324
I say it ain't, and if you say it is then I say you're a liar and we're gonna hafta fight.
>>
>>33797122
The S&W X-frame is a bit underengineered for the .500 cartridge, I'd rather go for the BFR on that.

>>33797398
They are viable for hunting, and single-action revolvers are sex.

>>33798742
Magnum Research make no junk.

>inb4 10 replies by people who have seen the Desert Eagle misplaced in vidya talks shit because it's not a good sidearm IRL
>>
what you tacticool cowadoody mall ninjas think is awesome autism, is my normal

#fudd4lyfe
>>
Hate the stock rubber grips. Looove them with wood grips. Probably my next revolver, because lawl hillaryhole SjW can eat a bag of shit.
>>
>>33798681
Lightening it might not be the best idea given the recoil.
>>
I've had a bizarre want for one ever since watching Looper

>>33799324

Degenerates like you belong on a cross
>>
>>33800630
Depending on caliber choices, Ruger Blackhawks are another option.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.