[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AK-74 or AR15

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: fm74ak (1 of 15).jpg (110KB, 1000x540px) Image search: [Google]
fm74ak (1 of 15).jpg
110KB, 1000x540px
Halp me guys

Option 1: FM-AK74-11 VEPR AK74
Option 2: Colt LE6920 M4

Can only get 1 cause I am poor, please be honest, opinions please.
>>
>>33796726
>halp
KYS yourself
Get the VEPR.
>>
File: 7223.jpg (73KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
7223.jpg
73KB, 800x600px
>>33796734
But I don't want to die yet :(
Also I am in California, if that matters.
>>
>>33796753

>Also I am in California

Buy something in .308 because you're only allowed to own cuck mags. Also stop buying the good 5.45 mags and drilling extra holes in them.
>>
Can Californians order ammo online? If you can't get the AR. 5.45 is not that common at your local retailers.
>>
>>33797345
Will be able to even after law goes into effect with an 03FFL

Useless law. Get fucked moonbeam
>>
>>33796877
even though this guy is a fag he's right I would go 308 too
>>
>>33796753
Have fun getting 5.45 is California.
>>
>>33796726
do you want muh stoppan powah or do you want muh legos?
I own many AKs, and a few ARs.
Love them both.
The inner neo-fudd in me likes AKMs because of the round size, I just love the idea of something that size hitting someone. .308 is fun too, but if you go that route don't get an AR or AK in that caliber, go for a PTR or an FAL or something.
AR10s are cool and all but personally aren't my cup of tea, ymmv.

I dont know how hard it is to get 5.45 in cali but im pretty sure most sites i've seen dont ship it there.
>>
vepr is front heavy because of the receiver
only takes rpk furniture and you might still have to fit things yourself
good gun at a good price otherwise
>>
>>33796726
Since those VEPRs have the thicker receiver and barrel, will they take accessories that would fit regular spec AKs?
>>
>>33798259
no, Vepr's are non-AKM.
Much like Yugo's.
>>
Neither. Get an MCX.
>>
I own a 80% .308 ar patter rifle and 458 socom ar pistol and a battle arms ar15 build, and another random ar15 build. But every time I go to the range or need protection I go to the plain old slr104fr.
>>
Get a c308 or lower end data sa58
>>
>>33798318
not being sarcastic or critical, but whats the reasoning for the funky shaped lower receiver? Is there some internals that take up that space or something, or was it to just keep it from looking too much like an AR.
I'm talking specifically where the buffer tube would be
>>
>>33798341
>Get a c308
you're a faggot, and you should feel bad for even typing that.
>>
>>33796726
AR first of you are serious. AK for fun later.
>>
>>33798526
>AR first of you are serious. AK for fun later.
>implying AKs aren't a more serious, fun weapon.
ARs are fantastic weapons, but they are boring as fuck.
>>
>>33796726
>>33796753
Can you get 6720s in CA, calicuck?
Because fuck the M4 barrel profile.
>>
Why would you get a colt? They're overpriced shit. They're not even the gold standard anymore since they lost their gov/mil contracts.

Just buy an Aero Precision m4gery and you'll only need to save up another couple McDees checks to buy the Vepr.

http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/aero-ac-15-complete-rifle.html
>>
>>33798482
I wonder how long this anon is going to wait around for an answer. It doesn't have to store a tube for the buffer and bolt to cycle in so it's going to have a different design. My god anon it's a year.
>>
>>33798669
I get that you shiteating nonce. I am asking why its MUCH thicker than a standard AR receiver. It obviously doesn't need the buffer tube, so why extend the lower receiver an entire inch rearward when that space is unnecessary.
>>
>>33798538
Which is why I said AR if you are serious for a first/ only gun, and ak later for fun, my dear autist.

Ideally you would own and train with both, so you would know enough to understand why the AR should be your first choice.
>>
File: BAP-9mm-Stock.jpg (226KB, 958x639px) Image search: [Google]
BAP-9mm-Stock.jpg
226KB, 958x639px
>>33798695
a collapsible stock mechanism still takes up space. pic related s an mp5 but same concept
>>
>>33798720
>Ideally you would own and train with both, so you would know enough to understand why the AR should be your first choice.
>dat obvious fanboying
>>
>>33796753
M1 Garand
>>
>>33796726
Honest opinion?
I wouldn't get the vepr, but I would choose an ak-74.
Veprs are terribly overweight and feature-light for an expensive intermediate caliber gun.
>>33796877
>Buy something in .308 because you're only allowed to own cuck mags.
And I agree with this. My 308 vepr's weight actually makes sense for the caliber it's shooting. You can get tulammo 308 online(oh wait, california has some stupid law doesn't it?) for under 35c/r.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.