[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Call of Duty: WWII will feature the Battle of Hurtgen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 22

File: IMG_0869.png (132KB, 596x854px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0869.png
132KB, 596x854px
https://www.google.com/amp/www.gamepur.com/news/26525-call-duty-wwii-first-two-story-missions-revealed-hurtgen-forest-and.html%3Famp

Yesss!!!!! The fighting Hurtgen forest will finally be depicted in something mainstream! The allies invaded Germany but got BTFO'd by defending Germans in Hurtgen forest, finally /k/ can see the axis stomp the allied cucks in CoD!!!!!
>>
wasn't hurtgen in MOH:AA?
>>
File: 1493271922309.jpg (40KB, 440x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493271922309.jpg
40KB, 440x500px
>>33791480
It was, but OP is an underage fag who never played anything older than Black Ops 2
Its my day off and I have to deal with day/k/are
>>
>>33791480
That was a LONG time ago
>>
https://strawpoll.com/xxecz49
>>
I cannot believe you edgelord wehraboos sometimes. Unreal.
>>
>>33791480
I think it was also in CoD 1, or maybe the UO expansion.
Still my favorite CoD by far before halo came along and everybody decided to fuck up the health systems with the stupid auto regen in 5 seconds crap.
>>
remind to derail,hide and report cod shill threads here too
>>
>>33791654
Yeah i remember assaulting some hill and holding it. Hill 400 in CoD2
>>
File: 1484501206236.jpg (70KB, 750x897px) Image search: [Google]
1484501206236.jpg
70KB, 750x897px
>>33791450
>the allies invaded Germany but got BTFO'd by defending Germans in Hurtgen forest
they probably let america "win" there
>>
>>33792231
Trading one to one would be death for Germany eventually anyway
>>
>>33791654

It was probably on UO,maybe one of the bigger maps used for TDM/CTF and barely played cause faggots even at that time wanted small maps and nothing else.

I have the Base Assault version saved,sadly I forgot to save the entire server backup
>>
>>33791450
>Hurtgen Woods

That battle was a blood bath for the US, the only reason most people haven't heard of it is because the Battle of the Bulge happened almost immediately after it

What happened at Hurtgen Woods? What mistake did US commanders make to fuck up on this scale?
>>
>>33791450
>>33792785
This was the GOAT woods battle i think
>>
>>33792785
Not enough artillery + plane bombings
>>
>>33791450
Fuck yeah

Also played some WaW to try and get hyped,
holy FUCK does the 1911 sound weak as shit. When I first fired it I actually laughed.
>pip pip pip pip pip pip pip pip SHLICK SHUUUUCK SHLINK
>>
>>33792250
>It was probably on UO
I think you are right, I remember a snowy forest mission that was one of the tougher ones to survive.
>>
>>33792785
damn. us gi using mg42 is damn cool
>>
I just want a game about the battle of Belleau Wood
>>
>>33791617
OP's kind of a fag, but do we really need another WWII game that's depicted as America coming in and winning everything because apparently no one else was doing anything? I get that Japan and Germany are eternal pariahs for what they did, but sometimes I'd like to see something from their perspective that isn't just "OMG LOOK AT WHAT THEY DID TO THE JEWS!!!"
>>
File: Marines in a Trench.jpg (67KB, 482x432px) Image search: [Google]
Marines in a Trench.jpg
67KB, 482x432px
>>33793142
>sit in a shitty trench for a couple weeks getting shelled and gassed
>attack the same German positions, using the same tactics and approach before finally breaking through
>get to stab and shoot some huns before overrunning them

to be honest mane, if we're going to do Marines I'd prefer to see a game done about their pre-WWI exploits of punishing savages who fuck with our ambassadors and missionaries
>>
>>33793418
that type of game would sell horribly

all the oy veys would be out in full force shrieking about the 6 gorillion and the liberal media would wank itself to death about how they were doing a great service to humanity by getting the game banned
>>
>>33793418
Its not even that Japan, its just Germany really

The Japanese make movies about their side of the War and no one really bats an eye besides the Chinese and Filipinos

Make anything about the German side however? It has to be from a civilians point of view or a self flagellating movie from a German's point of view, Stalingrad was probably the best we're going to get to be honest man
>>
>>33793453
>TFW no CoD: Zulu Wars
>TFW no CoD: Spanish American War
>TFW no CoD: Anglo-Dutch Wars
>TFW no CoD: Black Ops (whatever number they're up to now): Colonies
>>Rhodesian Bush War DLC
>>Congo Crisis DLC
>>Mau Mau Uprising DLC
>>Qey Shibir
The Cold War aesthetic of the first Black Ops game was great, bleeding shame they didn't do more with it.
>>
File: what the shit.jpg (79KB, 780x473px) Image search: [Google]
what the shit.jpg
79KB, 780x473px
>>33791450
>another mainstream WW2 game where Burger wins war
>being happy some specific historical battle you care about will be in there
you know it's just going to get shit on in particular, right?
speaking of which, is the Red Army in the game at all? or maybe the people who won the actual war can at least come as a dlc?
>>
File: 1491974412660.jpg (726KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1491974412660.jpg
726KB, 2000x1500px
>>33794519
Fuck the redarmy, you had several games where you play as a commie, people want to play as germans finish as well as partisans that fought everybody.
>>
File: 1430346624232.png (9KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1430346624232.png
9KB, 500x500px
>>33791450
>find out about this COD because /pol/ made a thread on how great there were no minorities in this trailer
>>
>>33794519
>muh """"""""""""""""""liberators"""""""""""""""" did everything meme
>>
>>33793418
Yeah fair enough. There's plenty of perspectives out there where you had soldiers and conscripts unaware of the whole atrocities bit. OP is still an utterly massive faggot though.
>>
>>33793453
Oh fug that was meant for
>>33793378
>>
File: stfu.jpg (82KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
stfu.jpg
82KB, 440x440px
>>33794519

>Poland Surrendered
>Belgium Surrendered
>France Surrendered because they're fags
>Netherlands Surrendered
>Luxembourg annexed by Germany
>Romania Surrendered
>Yugoslavia Surrendered
>Serbia Surrendered
>Crete Surrendered
>Estonia occupied by Germany
>Russia witnesses almost a million in total casualties in Stalingrad alone
>Russia also totally dependent on American supply lines

Yeah because Russia and the rest of Europe was just kickn' some ass before America stepped in.
>>
>>33794798
sure, but never anything mainstream, something that might get ported to consoles or otherwise be AAA title

>>33794906
>Johnny come lately rushes into Europe to participate in the final days of the war, after it has been won for all intents and purposes
>butthurt about people pointing out games and Hollywood completely skew historical value
>BB..BUT MUH D-DAY!

Pacific theater is where America proved its mettle, US fought Nazis in WW2 just about as much as it fought the Chinese in the Korean War (which is to say, very little and only at the very end)
>>
You kids are a bunch of fags.

I want eastern front battles because they are larger and more important than petty skirmishes on the western front.

Maybe DICE will outwit activision on this with a new Battlefield set in WW II eastern front and Pacific Theater.

Battlefield > cod fish
>>
File: 1366425167432.jpg (14KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
1366425167432.jpg
14KB, 240x320px
>>33795072
>Russia and the rest of Europe was just kickn' some ass before America stepped in.
except they were, all of the major turning point battles have happened, the Reds were well on their way pushing Hitler's main forces out of USSR and all the way back to Berlin, when US decided to finally show up in Europe.
>remember when US took Berlin together with the Russians and the Red, White and Blue was flying right next to the Soviet flag atop of Reichstag?
I know it's un-American, but read a book, faggot
>>
File: mah nigga.jpg (35KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
mah nigga.jpg
35KB, 225x350px
>>33795215
this
need a proper tripple-a title that focuses on the big ticket items, rather than trying to get Americans to fight Nazis as a goal and ram everything into that frame.

give me Eastern intro mission with Barbarossa, give me Rostov, Kiev, Stalingrad, Kurks and Volga, give me merciless Blitzkrieg, the brutal Winter bog-down and the all-in Soviet counter-offensive. give me epic tank battles, bombing raids, cities in rubble and burning villages.

give me Pacific intro mission with Pearl Harbor, give me Wake Island, the Doolittle Raid, Midway and the Marshall Islands. give me paranoid island trekking, ambushes, caves, shredded palm trees and screaming Arisaka bayonet charges, give me naval and air warfare.
>and of course D-Day, since everyone will have a fit without it

holding out hope for Dice will actually do it and not to fuck up WW2 the way they did WW1 (or the way COD has/inevitably will). I have a feeling they'll just focus on Star Wars shit though
>>
>>33792785
They underestiamted the strenght of german defenses in the area and tried pushing into heavily forested and hilly terrain against dug-in opposition, while having logistical issues of their own. Then the Germans opened up a dam and flooded lower-lying parts of the region just to make it even more of a quagmire.
>>
>muh large scale eastern front fps
Who gives a shit when you are just a single solider? And it's not like they haven't had eastern front missions every cod game.

What we need is a large scale RTS game set on the eastern front. Hopefully Eugen does that for Steel Division as soon as possible.
>>
>>33795219
>it's another "polarized faggots argue over their favorite narrative" episode
Christ you retards are worse than wehraboos like OP. America did a lot of shit in WW2, UK did a lot of shit in WW2, USSR did a lot of shit WW2, France did a lot of shit in WW2. Parroting some dumbfuck "nuh uh, muh ruskies did everything" meme doesn't make you look cool or enlightened. It makes you look like a contrarian dipshit.
>>
File: 1482619114605.png (282KB, 485x351px) Image search: [Google]
1482619114605.png
282KB, 485x351px
>>33795219
>US and USSR are in both European and Pacific theaters
>USSR couldn't be fucked to fight the Weebs and got their shit pushed in so hard in China that they just fucked on off for the rest of the war and had to brute force their way towards Hitler to even stand a chance
>Literally couldn't go blow for blow, so they just decided to overwhelm
>Meanwhile the US and UK took Africa, Italy, the entire Pacific and showed up in Europe all while supplying the USSR
>B-B-But muh edgy version of history
>>
>>33795615
nobody is disputing America's contribution, you sperg. Pacific theater was very important and was all US. and although the whole liberation of Europe would have happened anyway, American role in that definitely sped up the process and helped to mitigate the losses the rest would have suffered.

the discussion is about Eastern front and who faced and defeated the main brunt of the Nazi forces. It isn't a contrarian position to say Russians won the main bulk of the war and the main conflict with Hitler's forces, it's the fucking historical fact that any history professor or even a barely educated college freshman will not dispute.
your whole "everyone did their part, everyone is special" is the retarded uneducated redditor position, you are the faggy contrarian you dummy
>>
File: 1463797908448.jpg (47KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
1463797908448.jpg
47KB, 600x580px
>>33795615
>France did a lot of shit in WWII

On the contrary, their most significant contributions were from their colonial troops; even the Dutch (a country with a fraction of France's industrial capacity or manpower) at least had their navy fight back to the bitter end and their air force did a decent job in the Pacific. The French were much like the one guy you have in a group project that claims he did a third of the work while he actually did nothing really but slap his name on the project. The French still have a massive complex about being blown the fuck out three times by the Germans and only bailed out twice by foreign intervention.
>>
>>33795755
Hey, in WW1 they were actually the backbone of the allies.
>>
File: flags.jpg (158KB, 400x612px) Image search: [Google]
flags.jpg
158KB, 400x612px
>>33795654
>but muh revisionist details and technicalities
US waited too long and didn't get to fight the main boss, joined the coop when its health bar was already below 10%
deal with it
>>
>>33795779
And were entirely bailed out by British involvement. Without the Royal Navy to starve Germany during WWI, the French would have folded. By 1917 they were breaking.
>>
>>33795685
>no one's saying the Russians did everything
>"Liberation of Europe would have happened anyway"
>America only sped things up
>"all of the major turning point battles have happened"
>You're just some reddit faggy contrarian

Sure thing, sperg.

Do you really think things would have played out the same had America not been supplying UK and USSR with war changing materials and equipment? What about if the UK didn't revolutionize unconventional warfare and utilize commando units so effectively? What about if France and Poland never sabotaged the German army from within? You think the USSR could've just dealt with it on their own given the fact that they were starting to lose the Armor Doctrine war they had started, had the US and UK not shown up with their superior artillery and aircraft support and constricted Germany's resources to the point that their equipment, as great as it was, was now made of rusted dogshit?

But then again
>It isn't a contrarian position to say Russians won the main bulk of the war and the main conflict with Hitler's forces, it's the fucking historical fact that any history professor or even a barely educated college freshman will not dispute.
You're unable to see the forest for the trees. I'm not saying all factions had an equal part, that's assumption on your part. But pointing at the USSR's high casualty rate and length of wartime does not inherently mean they were responsible for the downfall of Germany in WW2. Not every army was the same.
>>
>>33795685
"Sped up the process and helped to mitigate the losses" seems like an understatement when you consider that Operations Torch, Husky, Avalanche, and Overlord all pulled valuable resources away from Germany's Eastern front so they could do for Italy what the US and UK had to do for France.

Also:
>implying a Europe "liberated" by Soviet forces would be any better than one occupied by Nazis.
>>
>>33794519
Why don't we make a game where you play as part of a crew on a lend-lease convoy, since we want to talk about the people who won the war as Russia is concerned.
>>
>>33794447
I want my CoD Korea. Imagine trying to hold the Chosin Reservoir against a billion screaming Chinamen.
>>
>>33795446
>actually wanting all these god-awful BF1942 abortions to keep spawning
>>
>>33793557
Check out Generation War, from the German side, 2 soldiers, a jew that goes bandit in Poland, field nurse, And a German singer
>>
>>33795813
>US was sending grain to the Russian while they fought off the main Nazi force
>equally responsible for defeating the Nazis
whichever way you slice it (as long as you want to debate who did more to win the war instead of looking at it in a purely technical way), the Ruskies take the 1st place in WW2, when you bring everything to the bottom line. the rest is just counting the trees and pretending the forest isn't there, to use your own analogy
>American mythology will always make the main bad guy their enemy and themselves as the main good guy -- Japs are just not as sexy as Nazis
>WW2 movies and games will always technically be "the last year of WW2" so Americans can win against Nazis

>>33795814
>"implying a Europe "liberated" by Soviet forces would be any better than one occupied by Nazis."
probably worse, just look at fucking East Germany when it was finally allowed to reunify
>>
File: 1458433397201.jpg (26KB, 350x449px) Image search: [Google]
1458433397201.jpg
26KB, 350x449px
>>33795925
>implying any sensible person wouldn't trade BF3, BF4 and BF1 for BF1942 done in a modern engine
>implying all of the above wouldn't be traded for an updated Bad Company 2 and Vietnam DLC in a heartbeat
>>
>>33795801
As was Germany. France suffered the heaviest casualties on the entente side, manpower is what they were lacking, not spirit.
>>
>>33795941
>America only sent over grain
What is the Lend-Lease program?
>$11 billion in materials
>over 400,000 jeeps and trucks
>12,000 armored vehicles
>11,400 aircraft
>1.75 million tons of food
>just grain

Nigga, get some facts.
>>
>>33795971
I just want MoH: Rising Sun, European Assault, Frontlines redone....and CoD: Finest Hour/Big Red One
>>
>>33791450
Get fucked Activision viral marketer.
>>
>>33795971
Keep them

Battlefield is shit
>>
>>33795941
You do realize that the US and Britain send a combined over $40 billion in supplies to the Russia, and the Russia turned around and downplayed receiving any help because they were afraid it would hurt their political propaganda and cause their citizenry to view the Communist party as weak, right?

>literally falling for 60 year old propaganda
I'm lmaoing at your life
>>
>>33794447
>Call of Duty: The Silver Osprey follows a young member of the Selous Scouts as he defends his homeland, the breadbasket of Africa, from communist uprising. Steal enemy vehicles, capture and turn insurgent forces to your side, ride Alouette helicopters into frozen zones and keep the red menace at bay.
>>
>>33795941
>Implying Americans shouldn't make the games Americans want to play.

Look buddy, when Russia manages to develop their own game industry past making broken MMOs and awful indie horror games, you can bitch and whine about it. Even then, all their games will be about Americans, because we're the ones buying the fucking games you stupid vodkanigger.
>>
File: 1468573939597.jpg (61KB, 625x468px) Image search: [Google]
1468573939597.jpg
61KB, 625x468px
>>33794447
>tfw no CoD: Korean War with secret co-op mode that pits you and 3 friends against oncoming waves of LA Rioters trying to burn and pillage your family store
>>
>>33795219
>>33795791
USSR desperately needed
>American guns
>American planes
>American tanks
>American trucks
The US saved the British, the French, the Soviets, the Australians, and the Chinese...all without the aid of the Soviets.

Get fucked.
>>
File: free shrugs.jpg (75KB, 449x613px) Image search: [Google]
free shrugs.jpg
75KB, 449x613px
>>33795991
>I lent some money to the boxer, so I won the fight
>>
>>33796130
>I have nothing so I'll just keep trying to downplay it all.
See >>33796028
>>
File: yes yes yes.jpg (2KB, 125x86px) Image search: [Google]
yes yes yes.jpg
2KB, 125x86px
>>33796069
Zombies: Rooftop Edition
>>
>>33796130
>I gave the boxer the money to enter the fight and the gloves to fight it with so maybe the boxer should stop being such a fucking bitch.

ftfy
>>
>>33796167
>not equating military contribution to economic contribution is downplaying it
ok, you win the argument and WW2
>>
File: rogan.jpg (38KB, 514x518px) Image search: [Google]
rogan.jpg
38KB, 514x518px
>>33796069
fucking kek i would play the fuck out of this
>>
>>33796190
>What is all of Africa, all of Italy, all of the Pacific theater (b-b-but muh Operation August Storm) and all of the Western Front all while relying on themselves
There's a reason the US and UK are best of bros
>>
>>33796186
We also paid for the boxer's nutrition regime, training regime and even paid off the cops to overlook his steroid injections and his abusive sex life.
>>
File: 512x288-naked-gun.jpg (116KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
512x288-naked-gun.jpg
116KB, 512x288px
>>33796186
>without my help the boxer probably wouldn't win the fight, but I concede that the boxer is the one who won the fight
sure, not disputing any of it
>>
File: 1461445230242.jpg (92KB, 850x604px) Image search: [Google]
1461445230242.jpg
92KB, 850x604px
>>33796130
That's got to be the stupidest goddamn analogy I've ever read
>>
>>33796280
>probably
>Implying
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.