[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (177KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177KB, 800x600px
What went wrong?
>>
>Seasprite Part II : Tiger Boogaloo
>>
>>33789646
Yeah I saw a comparison being made in an article about it being phased out

Sea Sprite is pretty obvious what went wrong: they were old airframes that were simply never going to be able to be properly returned to service, plus they shouldn't have even of got them in the first place but signed the contract when they were originally going to get a much smaller ship with Malaysia
>>
>Hellfire range is 8km
>Roof mounted sight range is only 4km
>still can't operate from ships
>expensive to run
>rockets firing with no prompt from the pilot
>Isn't an Apache

Eurocopter = Low energy
>>
We didn't deploy any to Iraq or Afghanistan, thanks Murica...
>>
>>33789636
>French supplying parts
>>
>>33789668
French Tigers operated from ships against Libya

Canberra class weren't active til this year for them to try to operate them from, could it have flown from the Kanimbla and Manurah? Or better yet, could it have flown?
>>33789698
I don't think it was an American decision. Germany has deployed Tigers to their force in Afghanistan, Britain have Apache Longbows.
>>33789709
French-German
>>
>>33789709
We are getting our new submarine from them so don't even joke about that
>>
>>33789741
>French Tigers operated from ships against Libya

Didn't know that, I was referring specifically to the Oz Tigers anyway

I still think Tigers are sexy as fuck desu
>>
File: image.jpg (389KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
389KB, 1600x1064px
>>33789819
>>
>>33789753
Didn't learn your lesson with the tigers, did you m8?
>>
File: image.jpg (160KB, 920x595px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160KB, 920x595px
>>33789842
>French Navy BPC Mistral carrying Gazelle, Tiger and Puma helicopters during 2011
>>
>>33789847
Or they did learn their lesson, that the French pay well under the table.
>>
>>33789636

>Roof mounted sight with bad range, has to reveal itself and close to short ranges to function
>Gun carries very little munitions
>Overall munitions payload is low
>Fucking awful reliability and performance in hot climates
>Many times too expensive
>Shit tier spare parts availability
>Glacial upgrade speeds, it's only just recently gotten guided ATGMs on their leading user

And not a single user of it in the world has a fully capable one. France lacks rotor mounted sights and is only just starting to get ATGMs (Apache has had them for decades), Germans lack a gun, Australians have the best equipped one but are treated like shit by France for parts so they can barely fly

Buy Apache. Buy Rooivalk. Buy Mangusta. Buy Ka-50.

Buy literally anything but a Tiger.
>>
>>33791581
This
>>
>>33789636
>Orders top of the line helos from the other side of the world
>Insist on locally sourced electronic components
>said component are of appaling quality and spontaneously combust at random
>unsufficient maintenance budget, leading to both low spare parts stocks and poor training of the maintenance crews leading terrible disponibility and sortie rate
>unsufficient training hours for pilots
>risk adverse and lackluster doctrine preventing the helo to show its capabilties in afghanistan.

Somehow it's all the helicopter's fault.
Have you seen their two LHD being stuck at dock? Apparently the navy said, "we changed the oil just fine it's the ships automotive components that had poor QA."
Yeah, right. Still believes they could have mounted from the start decent dust filters instead of the frogs retrofitting them in an emergency when they discovered sand ate the turbine blades. And the Germans who just discovered the very same problem in Mali right now instead of taking a hint from their neighbors.

>>33791581
>Buy Rooivalk
>Buying an overpriced Cougar with a bodykit to look like an attack helo.
South african ATGMs look great, though, I give them that.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.