[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guns that don't exist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: FUCKING PROP BULLSHIT.jpg (21KB, 600x298px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING PROP BULLSHIT.jpg
21KB, 600x298px
Anyone else have a gun that they want but actually doesn't exist?

Pic related, Vash the Stampede's .45 Long Colt Revolver from Trigun. Only thing I would change would be the addition of .45 ACP like in the Governor

If I had the money, I would pay to have one of these designed and produced, even if I was the only person who wanted one
>>
>>33789556
Making it 45 acp would ruin the whole point of that guy
>>
>>33789575
The Governor can fire .45 LC, .410 shells, and .45 ACP, which means the technology exists to retrofit it to this design
>>
>>33789584
You can't retrofit features onto a design that doesn't functionally exist.
>>
>>33789597
It sort of does, to a degree.

It's basically an cross between a Schofield and a Mateba, both of which are functional.

I have no doubt it could be made, but whether or not anyone would buy it... probably not
>>
>>33789634
You couldn't make it take .410 shells without changing the look. They're too long. You need one of the retardedly long cylinders like the judge and governor
>>
>>33789634
Show me a fully functioning example of Vash's gun, not vauge hypotheticals based on guns with analogous features.
>>
>>33789666
Well, I'm not too concerned with it being 100% accurate, it's not like I'm going to go show it off to cosplayers.

I always thought that the ability to be able to easily to break the revolver with one hand (which is not easy on Schofields) and be able to quickly reload, as well as having the lower bore axis like on the Mateba or a Rhino would be a pretty sweet revolver
>>
>>33789556
That's stupid and so is your homosexual anime.
>>
>>33789694
>it's not like I'm going to go show it off to cosplayers
Wait, you're actually trying to build this?!
>>
>>33789718
Like I said, if had the money and the know-how, I would make a valiant attempt

>>33789687
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=175335

This looks like the closest anyone has ever gotten to actually making one

>>33789699
Your concerns have been noted
>>
>>33789738
>using airshit as an example
>>
File: Personal_Railgun.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Personal_Railgun.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
>>33789761
You dense motherfucker

Why would I make the thread of "Guns that don't exist" if there was a goddamn functional model out on the market?

Jesus Christ people, it's just a fucking revolver. You'd think I posted a goddamn handheld rail gun and said "Oh yeah, that's totally doable"
>>
>>33789796
You're the one claiming that it "sort of" functionally exists. >>33789634
The fact that the break action and 6 o'clock barrel functionally exist in their respective designs does not signify functionality when these features are transplanted to an entirely foreign design. Its either a functional design or not, no middle ground.
>>
>>33790066
Is it honestly that hard to imagine the inner workings of a break action that fires from the 6 o'clock? You're being a faggot for no reason. Someone with some reasonable knowledge of how a firearm actually functions would be able to sketch up a design.
>>
File: wcpro_soldout_01.jpg (512KB, 729x1148px) Image search: [Google]
wcpro_soldout_01.jpg
512KB, 729x1148px
>>33789556
The revolver from Blade Runner. I'd like to imagine somebody could take one of those really well done replicas like in pic related and give it some .38 internals.
>>
>>33790105
That's basically who I've been waiting for in this thread

I've already showed this gun to actual gunsmiths and a few said it could be done, again, with a lot of time, money, and research but none of them were really willing to look any further into it, just like a "Huh, that's unique" kind of novelty.

Meanwhile, faggots like anon above just keep yammering on "JUST BECAUSE THEY WORK IN OTHER GUNS DOESN'T MEAN THEY'LL WORK IN THIS ONE!"
>>
>>33790123
It's honestly pretty unreasonable to expect the average /k/ user to be able to design something from the ground up as complicated and intricate as a firearm. It is reasonable, however, to expect someone to be able to apply different parts of already existing firearms to a new design.

Also, I would recommend you reference the chiappa rhino in place of any of Mateba's earlier designs, especially the Unica, considering just how unreasonably complex it is. The Rhino is pretty simple and I think it utilizes a faux hammer, which is what I imagine your weebshit gun would use.
>>
>>33790163
I was correct, the hammer you see on the Rhino is only used to cock the internal hammer.
>>
>>33790117
This gun made one that fired .44 mag, so while it's not mass produced, they do exist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cOeqD80gzY
>>
>>33790117
You just need a Charter Arms bulldog a Steyr 222 Remington bolt-action in some other small parts for the detailing

People have made replicas that fire
>>
>>33790163
Oh hell man, I wasn't expecting /k/ to design a weapon, it would never get done. I was just curious if anyone else had any fictional weapons that they wanted that were somewhat grounded in reality
>>
I just want a rhino in .44 mag or .454 casull with a solid vent rib.
>>
>>33790289
Now that you mention it, that's another gun that I would like to see on the market, a semi-auto chambered in .454 casull.

Yeah, another weebshit gun, whatever, but that would be a bad motherfucker
>>
>>33790222
I wasn't talking about you, I was referring to the other guy in the thread pressing you for full fucking schematics on some made up anime gun.
>>
Making Vash's gun would best be drawn from the plans of the MP412 Rex, which was never made/imported. (Hard)

From there, you'd need to figure out how to adapt it to the lower chamber arrangement of the mateba (Moderate)

Then you could make some prototypes, and figure out how to make it better (easy, but pricy)
>>
File: 44001.jpg (134KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
44001.jpg
134KB, 1024x768px
>>33789556
I want a production model of this. Ruger 44 Carbine with a removable box magazine. This one's a home gunsmith special that was retrofitted to run with AutoMag magazines. The tube mag takes 4 rounds, and they also made a 4 round rotary mag model, but it wasn't as aesthetic as the original, it had a huge piece of flimsy plastic on top, and the mags were expensive.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7KB, 389x129px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7KB, 389x129px
>>33791639
I just can't do a rotary; I need 30 Hornady LeveRevolution rounds in a double stack.
>>
>>33789556
lazgun
>>
File: lazgun.png (37KB, 1291x735px) Image search: [Google]
lazgun.png
37KB, 1291x735px
>>33792800
forgot pic
>>
>>33789687
>>33790066

>Be 1700s
>THERE'S NO WAY YOU CAN MAKE A SELF PROPELLED HORSE CARRIAGE THAT RUNS ON PETROLEUM
>OH YEAH YOU SAY IT'S POSSIBLE SHOW ME ONE THEN FAGGOT

Christ, cut it out, man
>>
>>33790344
Ah yes, the return of the why-boner...
>WITH A VENGEANCE
>>
>>33792809
We already have flashlights.
>>
>>33792952
right, but I want the flashlight that specifically shines the light of the Emperor and his most blessed son directly where it's needed most.
>>
File: bullpup lasgun.jpg (14KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
bullpup lasgun.jpg
14KB, 900x506px
>>33792809
also, dat bullpup
>>
>>33792862
This
Nobody did nothin by agreeing that it was impossible
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.