[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /k/ hate lasers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: C5L_R[1].jpg (21KB, 548x375px) Image search: [Google]
C5L_R[1].jpg
21KB, 548x375px
Why does /k/ hate lasers?
>>
>>33787812
we can't afford them
>>
They give away your position for an aiming gimmick that you would only use at ranges you can use instinct.
>>
They're even worse than weapon lights in terms of giving away your position. They're not usefully precise outside a very short range of trajectory. For strictly CQB they're pointless, as if you're at indoor distances anyway why the hell do you need a laser to aim with? They're toys. The exception is infrared illumination lasers combined with NV gear. In that application they're great.
>>
>>33787812
4chan is a no fun hipster website, anything useful and popular is hated here.
>>
>>33787812
Get a laser and try tracking something that's moving irregularly with it. It's fucking hard.
>>
>>33787902
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAfJG1PMjbY
>>
>>33787812
Fookin laser sights.
>>
>>33787937

What's he using?
>>
>>33787959
Beats me man I was just shitposting but it says 00 buck and they are spotting them using thermal monoculars before they drive in
>>
>>33787980

To think that a smaller number of pigs than that killed those ISIS faggots.
>>
>>33787937
Good counterexample, but do you suppose that gun is mounted or braced? I think that'd make a huge difference.
>>
>>33787812
we don't. They have their place just like 90% of all gun stuff.
>>
>>33787812
Because they're pointless now that we have good micro red dots.
>>
I hate lasers because I have one, I've shot with it, and it sucks for me. Trying to put that jiggly little dot on a target doesn't work nearly as well as just putting my front sight on target. Other people may have a different experience, and that's cool with me.
>>
>>33787812
Why would /k/ have one opinion?
>>
>>33787812
>builds a reliance on a battery operated tool as opposed to learning to aim with iron sights.
I don't hate them, I'm even thinking of getting a flashlight/laser for my next AR build, I just prefer people learn the basics, too many people would get over reliant on it
>>
I slapped a cheapo airsoft laser on my pistol and added SS guide rod to make it nose heavy.

I never use the laser, that and SS is just to cut muzzle flip and add some oz.
>>
>>33788367
>because most of us have pistols with TOP rails
retard
>>
>>33788513
Why are old lasers so much cooler?
>>
>>33787949
relax, I'm just muckin about
>>
Personally I think theyre fine

lets you feel better about shooting from hip I guess

might help on a pistol

who cares
>>
>>33788709
Well poorfags will as poorfags do. It's not that hard to get a gunsmith to cut your pistol for an RMR or similar
>>
>>33787819
They only give away your position if its foggy.
>>
Nothing says "I don't know what I'm doing" like a laser
>>
>>33788709
>thinks micro dots go on rails
pleb
>>
>>33787902
Ever use a laser pointer to play with a cat? Same principle but instead of 'not getting caught' you're the one doing the chasing. Does /k/ just have shit coordination or what?
>>
It's good for when you're fighting mongs who don't into military in areas in which retards who don't into military live in (aka urban terrain), because it gives you retard-proof hipfire while not giving you any actual drawbacks. Against trained soldiers who know what light discipline at night is supposed to be, very bad idea.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.