[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the colt woodsman is a hella underrated handgun. Anyone agree?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: colt-woodsman-target-sexyaf.jpg (17KB, 401x190px) Image search: [Google]
colt-woodsman-target-sexyaf.jpg
17KB, 401x190px
the colt woodsman is a hella underrated handgun. Anyone agree?
>>
>>33785984
Yes, but I like the old pencil barrel better.
>>
>>33785984
I don't think it's underrated at all. It's pretty damned well established to be a great piece.
>>
>>33786041
Me too, but god I would do some unnholy things for a mint target grade woodsman
>>
>>33786041
A friend of mines father had one when I was young. I used to shoot it all the time when my friend and I would go off into the woods. I always thought it was just some junky little 22 pistol. Now I wish I could have bought it off him when I was old enough.
>>
What do you guys think of the High Standard .22LR pistols? What about Ruger Mk III/IV? This seems like a decent place to ask because they appear to be somewhat similar pistols and I want to get a qt little .22 autoloader but I don't know which one.
>>
>>33785984
My grandpa gave me a beautiful Targetsman in amazing condition for Christmas when I was 13. It was my first pistol and I never appreciated it. I ran a few mags through it and then lost the magazine somewhere along the way. I never got around to ordering a replacement because they were kind of expensive and I thought of a dinky little classic-style .22 as "uncool".

I ended up trading it for an AR. Now that I've been in the gun world for a minute and I'm a little older, my taste in guns has matured and I honestly prefer old school wood and steel to tacticool plastic.

My grandpa just died a month ago. My deepest regret in probably my entire life was that I traded that beautiful little woodsman away. I never gave it the appreciation it deserved. I'm gonna be getting Grandpa's beautifully preserved Hi-Power, and I won't be making the same mistakes that I did before.
>>
>>33787844
use that hi power to blow your brains out
>>
>>33787844
Them feels, man. Please don't trade any heirloom firearms like that away again. If my grandpa gave me a fucking hi-point and expected me to be happy he gave it to me, I'd fucking treasure it because he gave it to me. Cherish that stuff, bro.
>>
>>33787884
I certainly learned my lesson with that whole thing. I may or may not get a few more heirlooms coming my way, all of them are going to be cherished. I'm also gonna start creating a few heirlooms of my own.
>>
>>33786994
the issue with the highstandard and other old discontinued quality pistols is the complete lack of support. it will be a nice gun but you are fucked the second you want a spare mag or a spring or other part wears out. for an occasional shooter its fine but if you want to go out and plink you need something modern.
>>
>>33785984
saw one at a pawn shop for 900$
>>
File: IMG_1228.jpg (117KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1228.jpg
117KB, 600x600px
I've wanted one for ages because of pic related.
>>
>>33786994
I'm looking to get a Ruger MK IV since it's easy to disassemble and clean (.22lr is dirty), unlike, I hear, the MK III and the browning buckmark
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.