[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who do you think will be the next country to build nukes? Are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3

File: WarheadsGraphic_170201.png (161KB, 1552x800px) Image search: [Google]
WarheadsGraphic_170201.png
161KB, 1552x800px
Who do you think will be the next country to build nukes?

Are there any countries that have the missiles, have the civil nuclear reactors and have the scientific knowledge to build nukes practically overnight?
>>
>>33783652
Brazil. Their sheer hue factor irradiates everything with cancer, so they must have some sort of isotopes to make bombs with.
>>
>>33783652
Not overnight, but Iran and then the Saudis are probably next
>>
>>33783652
Ukraine.
>>
>>33783652
Japan, if pushed hard enough. Right now they are happy go lucky with the US having their back so they dont need to worry outside the Defense Force. If though the US were to leave or scale back to a level that could threaten their safety, they would do it at an Israel secret type level.
>>
>>33783770

Would it be subs or land based ICBMs?
>>
>>33783770
Seconding this. I doubt Japan has nukes given the whole stigma but technologically, they could whip some up in what amounts to an afternoon.
>>
>Are there any countries that have the missiles, have the civil nuclear reactors and have the scientific knowledge to build nukes practically overnight?
Plenty, there's even a term for it, although it escapes me. Australia and Japan are two such countries.
>>
>>33783925

Australia has next to zero civil nuclear plants and hardly any ways to deliver a warhead if they did make one.
>>
>>33783723
Probably followed by basically everyone else in the middle east. That armsrace is going to be an absolute shitshow.
>>
>>33783880
Land, they would keep them hidden as best they can from the public (if they arent doing already). Where the US used obvious underground silos to scare or confuse the Russians on the numbers, they would be more hidden like a grain silo, etc.
>>
>>33783925
>Nuclear latency is the condition of a country possessing the technology to quickly build nuclear weapons, without having actually yet done so
>Along with Japan, Canada, Germany, Australia, South Korea, and to a lesser extent the Netherlands are also noted as "nuclear capable powers".
>>
Cuba
>>
>>33783951
>the Netherlands

Kek
>>
>>33783924
Is there really that much of a stigma with nukes in Japan (yes, I know my history). Like, do the Japan's fear nuclear weapons in the same way that Germans view any indication of national pride or strength?
>>
India. Superpower by 2020.
>>
>>33783968
Cuba is reusing vehicles from the 60s. No, they are the one country currently without nukes that know they wont be touched.

They are on the US coast, Even with our might we didnt fully invade. The CIA gave a half ass attempt. As long as Cuba is nuke/chemical/biological weapons free it knows it is safe.
>>
>>33783980
well, i think the theory is based on the fact that they have a nuclear powerplant and it is a technically advanced country
although i believe the plant isnt actually in working order these days
>>
>>33783992
not fear, just a strong dislike for that kind of warfare. Added to they were only one hit with atomic weapons is a stain against their pride as a people. To have their own nukes may show as being weak as the enemy that used them. etc. It is hard to explain honestly.
>>
Germany a decade ago
>>
>>33783951
>Canada
When do we get our Tactical McNuke?

We have all this Uranium dammit lets put it to use
>>
>>33784045
Makes sense. Thanks Anon
>>
>>33783770
They have a ton of nuclear plants and saved every drop of plutonium they could.

I read (forgot where) they could whip up 800 nukes with the stockpile they have now in a few months.
>>
>>33783994
Fuck my life.
>>
>>33783992
Generally they make Aussies and Kiwis look moderate on nuclear weapons. An entire sector of their literature, entertainment and social consciousness is devoted to both overt and subtle responses to being nuked, even today. Why do you think Godzilla was so immediately popular and enduring?
>>
>>33783994
>pooper power
>>
>>33784128
>Why do you think Godzilla was so immediately popular and enduring?
Because it was a giant awesome lizard who smashed buildings and spat fire?
>>
>>33784158
That's why Americans love him. But not why he's so enduring, popular and important in Japanese culture.
>>
>>33783652
Iran or Saudi Arabia. Both, if they work together.
>>
>>33783940
Power reactors are completely useless at making weaponised plutonium anyway, so that's irrelevant.

And we have plenty of ways to delivers a warheads. We had F/A-18s, cruise missiles, and were instrumental in several British and US ballistic missile programs.
>>
>>33784195
They hate eachother, so no.
>>
>>33784246
>were instrumental in several British and US ballistic missile programs.
wot
>>
>>33784287
I know the bongs at least did a bit of their testing in the outback, but "instrumental" is pushing it
>>
>>33784195
Saudis would just buy the secrets from the pakis, if they haven't already.
>>
>>33783994
>Indian engineers secretly add 10 tons of shit collected from shitting streets
>Target area is covered in incinerated, half-digested curry
>becomes uninhabitable for the next 300 years

I see no problems with this
>>
>>33784045
>just a strong dislike for that kind of warfare
Are they at ALL familiar with anything they've done militarily in the past 200 years?

Not exactly humane shit.
>>
>>33784747
>Are they at ALL familiar with anything they've done militarily in the past 200 years?
Japan pre- and post-1945 are socially and military two very, very different things. I don't think it's possible to over state the weirdness of how completely they were changed in some specific ways while staying almost exactly the same in other specific ways.

Socially, I don't even think the changes in Germany after 1945 were more pronounced. Germany, at least, had cultural direction and contact with all the near neighbors on both sides of the wall to help stabilize and normalize her society and bring it back to a baseline more in tune with near neighbors.

Japan, being so solitary among Asian nations plus having such an isolate and self-reliant social/national ideal, especially after WWII for obvious reasons, really reacted in some strange, wonderful and sometimes scary ways.
>>
>>33784941
Care to give some examples?
>>
>>33783652
>China
>260
Kek, chinks btfo

>Palestine
>80
Hi many given by US?

>UK
>215
Weeew
>>
>>33785021
Anon, I can spend the next 8 hours shitting out wall after wall of text, or you can do a little googling about prewar, restoration and shogunate Japanese history.

The fact that you're on an image board initially dedicated to some aspects of modern Japanese culture suggests that you might be at least slightly familiar with current trends.

Either way, start here for a very basic overview:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1746-1049.1969.tb00533.x/pdf

And as you continue to read, make sure you get perspectives from both inside and outside Japan, as Japanese scholarship and social examination especially has some very strange and pervasive blind spots about WWII, especially during some decades. Just like if you were looking at the evolution of culture in the USSR/Russia after WWII, you would read Soviet sources, but also external observers and especially sources from after 1991 on both sides.
>>
File: Nuke.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Nuke.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
OPpenheimer, I summon you!
>>
>>33785021
Japan is the only nation in the world, which built realistic infrastructure around its "capital".
And to the same extent: Other big cities.

I am also not sure how i would describe the "American changes" the nation was exposed to, due losing the war. There is a lot of them.
>>
File: 1454263161916.jpg (253KB, 1080x1283px) Image search: [Google]
1454263161916.jpg
253KB, 1080x1283px
>>33784093
>saved every drop of plutonium they could.

Pu-239 from commercial powerplants isn't pure enough for bomb making

making Supergrade Plutonium is like cooking scalops: you have to get the timing just right and if you overcook them in a Pressurised War Reactor they are worthless
>>
>>33783729
They HAD nukes.
>1991
>Have 60% of USSR nuclear weapons.
>Russia "can I haz back plz?"
>Ukraine "Ok but you no invade right?"
>Russia "OK promise."
>Curb your Enthusiasm starts
>>
>>33783980
>*Kanker
>>
>>33783652

Nearly any first-world country has a breakout time of just one or two years if they really, really wanted to develop an independent nuclear capability. Building ICBMs would be harder but most of them could develop warheads.
>>
>>33785501

no country can bring a breeder reactor from foundation to criticality 1 to 2 years let alone come up a practical small implosion warhead from scratch

talking bollocks lad
>>
>>33785538
>from scratch
Thats very naive. Nobody will do that.
>>
>>33785538

Much of the first world operates nuclear reactors and the rest has the means to procure fissile material if they really wanted it. Most of them have the technical expertise and resource base to do the rest from there.

http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/Nwfaq/Nfaq7-5.html

>Virtually any industrialized nation today has the technical capability to develop nuclear weapons within several years if the decision to do so were made. Nations already possessing substantial nuclear technology and arms industries could do so in no more than a year or two.
>>
>>33785646
Japan would take less than two weeks. Probably less than a single week.
>>
>>33784013
>As long as Cuba is nuke/chemical/biological weapons free it knows it is safe.
Honestly this, they know they won't be militarily invaded since any country that does so would be viewed in a bad light.
>>
>>33785646
>Much of the first world operates nuclear reactors

which means nothing in terms of making weapons grade plutonium

fissile plutonium 239 from a PWR or BWR's fuel cycle has too many impurities that cannot by removed by reprossessing.

you need a very specific graphite moderated reactor with a easily accessible loading face so you can neutron bombard metallic U-238 for a very short period of time before taking it out of the reactor

no NATO nation has produced any new Pu-239 for weapons production since the 90s and only the US, UK and France, Russia and China have any to give
>>
>>33783992
Thing is, they are the only country in the world who got nuked.

They kinda have an unique mindset on the whole deal.
>>
>>33785646
I mean it makes sense, its the all powerful weapon that stopped true war between empires and "modern" countries.

Shit you can't even really do anything with them because if you go and start waving yours about everyone goes "Go ahead, kill yourself faggot." waving theirs.
>>
>>33785903
Do you honestly think, that when the U.S. was able to make plutonium in the 1940's with 1940's era technology, that NOBODY in the first world can quickly and easily do it now? That is absurd.
>>
>>33783652
>Are there any countries that have the missiles, have the civil nuclear reactors and have the scientific knowledge to build nukes practically overnight?

Nukes and indigenous delivery system:
South Korea.

Just nukes:
Germany
Japan
>>
>>33786146

not quickly

for example it took the UK around 3 years to build their first hanford style reactor and in the 8 years following they produced only 58 weapons with 2 reactor piles hashing out nothing but plutonium
>>
>>33785903
HEU bombs are a thing.

No Pu needed.
>>
>>33783994
>He doesn't know about Smiling Buddha
>>
Iran: they'll declare it as soon as the "nuclear deal" expires

Saudi Arabia: Will get them as soon as Iran does. Likely shared with UAE, Kuwait, Egypt, etc..

Turkey: As soon as their split with NATO is complete
>>
>>33783652
Canada. Germany. Sweden. South Korea. Japan.

These are the "Big 5" that could conceivably build a nuke over a long weekend.
>>
>>33786322

useful for a south africa type deal where you just want a big boom boom to drop on black people

not so hot(lel) if you can a 100kt+ yield weapon or one that can be mounted on a missile
>>
>>33786462
>Canada
Fucking implying that shithole can do anything lol
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.