[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How difficult is it to import Guns legally in the US

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: jezailllvariety.jpg (49KB, 739x350px) Image search: [Google]
jezailllvariety.jpg
49KB, 739x350px
For example, what are the hoops someone would have to go through to bring home a bunch of Jezails?
>>
>>33782264
None. They are black powder.

Just put them in the mail.
>>
>>33782264
Antique back powder firearms aren't regulated.
>>
File: tumblr_njjgk1OaJa1u9heyso1_500.jpg (84KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njjgk1OaJa1u9heyso1_500.jpg
84KB, 500x375px
>>33782264
Or let's say a bunch of vintage WW2 guns from Lybia or Iraq?
>>
>>33782289
Impossible. They once were full auto and can't be registered anymore.
Hopefully Trump and the republican Congress fixes this BS, but who knows.
>>
>>33782264
>what are the hoops someone would have to go through to bring home a bunch of Jezails?
>>33782277
>>33782280

Pretty much all the ones sold in afghan are recent made fakes anon and worthless except as decoratives. Best chance for a real Jezail is a UK or Ireland country house auction

equally don't get ripped off with fake gemstones
>>
File: tumblr_nkfxwdaznO1u9heyso1_1280.jpg (54KB, 609x479px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkfxwdaznO1u9heyso1_1280.jpg
54KB, 609x479px
>>33782660
>all the ones sold in afghan are recent made fakes
They're called reproductions. I gave Jezails as an example because they look cool.

I'm really thinking about those vintage guns you see used in shitholes around the world. There's a lot of them around and many could be saved if it was economically viable to resell them to Western gun nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBjrZULxlQk
>>
>>33782277
This. A friend brought back several while in the navy. They care more about the powder than one of those guns.
>>
>>33782289
If they are machine guns (i.e. assault rifles, submachine guns, light machine guns etc.) then their receivers and barrels must be torch cut and destroyed to be legally imported to the U.S.
>>
>>33782842
>>all the ones sold in afghan are recent made fakesThey're called reproductions. I gave Jezails as an example because they look cool.

>>33782974

Reproductions/fakes whatever. They are azzed up to fake the real deal and are over decorated crap but the afghans still incorrectly copy the lock marking on them.

They are shit and worthless.

A real one does not cost much. This is just nasty fake shit. Reproduction my ass.

Rule one

Anything an afghan wants to sell you is worthless and fake. Gems. Fake. Guns Fake. Knives fake, rugs fake.

Rule two
Don't buy it.

Don't be an idiot.
>>
What about parts kits? Are they regulated in any way?
>>
>>33783018
as long as the reciver and (typically) the barrle are torch cut, you should be solid. You then just re-weld them once you are back home. also no full auto lol
>>
>>33782264
When I was 16 I bought a muzzle loading firearm in France and mailed it back to myself with a bunch of other stuff in the US. I just named it as "toy gun" on the form. I didn't even think that I might be in violation of some import laws or something. I was able to do it just fine, so I'm thinking it might not be too hard if you don't do it large scale.
>>
>>33782264
There are companies like SimpsonLTD that specialize in importing firearms for individuals, so I'd talk to them if you are serious (and have a source). It's expensive though. People in other countries that move to the US will use these companies to import the guns they owned in their old country.
>>
What would I have to do to take a firearm purchased in Mexico to the US? I'm entertaining exercising my constitutional rights here and going through the paperwork with the secretary of defense to buy a handgun. Once I move to the US would getting it registered over there be relatively easy or should I not even bother?
>>
You also have to worry about the country you are buying it from.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.