[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does firing a gun without earpro sound like? whats it feel like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5

File: 1367924293480[1].png (889KB, 697x949px) Image search: [Google]
1367924293480[1].png
889KB, 697x949px
what does firing a gun without earpro sound like?
whats it feel like?
>>
>>33781645
Shot an M44 with no ear pro. You don't hear it so much as your feel your eardrum pop. Would not recommend
>>
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>33781663
>pop
like driving up a mountain? or flying
>>
first time it's startling, I guess.
however the more you fire, the more you become adjusted to it.
not recommended at all.
>>
>>33781679
Like a fucking 150+db explosion going off 2 feet from your ear. The kind of pop where your hear nothing but your own regret after
>>
>>33781665
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....forever. don't do it.
>>
Surprisingly quiet.
Mostly because you can't hear after the first millisecond.
>>
I still don't understand how they did it in ye olde times.
>>
>>33781645

Shot my friend's m39 without ear pro. Would not recommend. Felt sort of like someone clapping your ear with flat hand, but worse. It took about an hour for my hearing to get back to normal.

Honestly, I wouldnt even shoot my .22 without ear pro. It just isnt fun
>>
>>33781645
Startling at first, not quite as disastrous for your hearing as most of /k/ says. Definitely gives you a headache though, a major headache.
>>
okay, som im like. lets say. 65-70% deaf already on both ears. sign language the whole shebang, i can still "hear" people talking. things close to me.

is earpro worth it?
>>
>>33781645

Fired AKM, MG3, FN MAG, AK4, Colt 1911, HK G36, Glock 17 and few other weapons without earpro when I was young and stupid... My hearing is a bit fucked up now
>>
If you're talking about artillery....You ever heard vets say how arty shells make your skull shake and teeth rattle? It's not an exaggeration, you really do feel your bones vibrate from the shockwave and pressure involved, being part of a Fire Brigade would be fucking awesome if not for the fact that they end up completely deaf
>>
>>33781742
It's always worth it, and cheap. You might not have much hearing to lose but I'm certain that shit isn't healthy for your inner ear, it always gave me a headache, got dizzy from it once or twice as well.
>>
>>33781665
Lana! Lana! Lannnnnnnnnaaaaaaaa!!!!
>>
>>33781825
MWAP MWAAAAP MAAAAP MWAP
>>
It's really not that bad im not entirely sure what people say it hurts its never hurt it loud but that's about it wouldn't do it too much but I rarely use hearing protection when hunting or when I take a few shots from my back porch
>>
>>33781645
Shot a few SMAWs without earpro (Usually fall out). If you can help it don't let this happen to yoEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>33781696
Where do you think the "deaf old guy" meme came from?
>>
>>33781704
wtf? Won't shoot .22 without earpro? That shit is quiet as it gets. It's not bad in the slightest.
>>
>>33781984
This. Hunting or taking a pop shot or two isn't so bad. Going to the range without it is foolhardy though.
>>
>>33781984
Probably wouldn't shoot a shotgun without it regardless, though.
>>
>>33781665
SPBP
>>
I fired a Taurus Judge without ear pro once. It didn't sound "loud" as much as felt like I got punched on the inside of my ears. Followed by three days of EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I don't recommend.
>>
>>33781645
Honestly, sometimes I just wad up papertowel or napkin or w/e and stuff it in my ear. My EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE is gone now as far as I can tell
>>
>>33781645
I fired a 12 gauge without ear pro in middle school with my friend. His step dad took one set of head phones and left like a fucking dick, and my friend didn't want to give his up while I was shooting because the shot hurt his ears. I kinda thought he was just being a pussy because my previous experience was videogames and movies. This was about to be the first time I ever shot a gun, and even though I didn't think I would need ear pro, I was kinda annoyed that he didn't just plug his ears. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for like an hour.
>>
>>33782050
Probably because you do it all the time you ditz.
>>
>>33782235
.22 outside sounds quiet as fuck. If you drop a metal pipe on a concrete floor, that is more uncomfortable than a .22.
>>
>>33782255
its still 100+ Db
>>
File: Russian Shotgun 41.jpg (1MB, 3364x725px) Image search: [Google]
Russian Shotgun 41.jpg
1MB, 3364x725px
>>33781645
Fired a shotgun in a building without any hearing protection and I couldn't hear for only five minutes,however, my hearing did get noticeably worse.
>>
>>33782266
is it really, I guess I don't remember that well. It has been a while since I fired a .22 w/o earpro but I strictly remember it not being uncomfortable. Please excuse my autism.
>>
>>33782297
PPSH, heck of a shotgun.
>>
>>33782424
Fallout 3
>>
>>33782009
>Shot a few SMAWs without earpro

Fuck son, you know that shit can give you brain damage?
>>
>>33782298

Your surroundings and the barrel length of your gun make a big difference too.

I have a 10/22 with a 24" barrel and it's not too bad to fire without ear pro. A pistol though? Much louder.
>>
It ain't all that bad long as you got a suppressor.
>>
>>33781645
distracting
>>
>>33781645
WHAT?
>>
>>33782050
You should be wearing some sort of hearing protection even with .22LR, because it still goes above the safe levels of noise that your ears can tolerate. Continuously loud noise isn't as damaging as brief spikes of loud noises
>>
>>33781645
>BAAMMKRAAACH - EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>*stabbing pain in the ears*
>>
>>33781645
Whaaaaaaaat do you say? I caaaan not heaaaaar yooou!
>>
>>33781645
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4
Unfortunately not like the Sound of Silence... It sounds more like REGREEEEEET
>>
>>33781645
Fired a .308 and a .410 while hunting without earpro, its like firecracker going off right next to your head in terms of sound
>>
>>33781663
if you open up your mouth when you shoot it won't do shit. pressures will be equalized.
>>
>>33782499
When I was a kid (30 yrs ago) we got our marksmanship merit badge in the boy scouts with a .22lr. No one wore hearing protection. It wasn't that loud.
We also would go out to BFE and shoot. I would shoot my dads 30/30, 12 gauge and 38 special. Also with no ear protection. It never bothered us.
>>
On a hunting trip i shot 7 times in a row with my M39 without earpro, first 4 rounds i shot when standing on a tall rock so the pressure wave didn't reflect from the ground and it was surprisingly quiet and didn't hurt at all, 3 last rounds i shot on ground level and sound was noticeable louder. Minor earpain and tinnitus lasted only like a day, after 6 months i haven't noticed any permanent damage or hear loss. Still definitely wouldn't recommend
>>
Just wear proper earpro and shut up, better to be safe than sorry, hearing is one of the things you miss the most once you lose it. Almost as much as your eyes.
>>
>>33781645
Huh?
>>
>>33781645
I've ND'd several times in relatively confined spaces and you don't really hear it. I mean the sound is over before your brain starts to register it. Now if you're expecting it or there are multiple shots then it can be painful.
>>
>dad never shot with earpro
>didn't like shooting very much because of it
>we only shot like once a year anyway
>got into shooting myself
>bought earpro
>enjoy shooting now

I have shot at animals without earpro and the adrenaline kind of blocks out the sound, I don't really feel or hear my .308 if I'm shooting at a deer.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (32KB, 780x335px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
32KB, 780x335px
horrifying, menacing and very very loud
>>
>>33782449
STAINED CABBAGE?
>>
>>33783370
>I've ND'd several times
Dude...
>>
File: IMG_0269.jpg (89KB, 669x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0269.jpg
89KB, 669x1000px
>>33783640
YFW following 2 or 3 of the 4 gun safety rules is actually good enough.
>>
This is why the nfa and suppressor rules piss me off. Even with earpro you're doing damage over time and the government won't fucking make it easy to get suppressors so you can use them with earpro and negate all damage.

It's fucking criminal.
>>
>>33781645
was at a gun show at a range/club and they let people try guns for like, 50 cents a bullet. I went to try some handguns, had my muffs up over one of my ears because I was trying to listen to the guy telling me shit, and the other guy next to me shoots a round from a 9mm.

felt like getting smacked in the ears with a hammer made of air. Like a foam cushion hit my eardrum. Sucks all the sound out of the air for a second or two, and then you hear the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for a bit. It went away after maybe 20-30 seconds.

and yes, kinda like when you drive up a mountain, but in the span of an instant rather than slowly over a few minutes.
>>
>>33783819
also the guy that said it's like when someone slaps your ear is accurate.
>>
It injures your ears immediately, so it sounds like a muffled pop followed by EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If you're the only person in the area with a gun, it's not a confined space, and you're holding the muzzle straight ahead of you, I'm told it's not as loud as you might be accustomed to from guys shooting next to you at the range, but that's because generally most of the gas and thus the sound is moving forward away from you. I don't know exactly how loud it is.
>>
>>33781679
imagie someone clapping ince very loudly next to both ears at the same time, but instead of your hearing instantly returning, you hear nothing for a second, then.....EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...for a while depending on the caliber/boom size.

and sometimes its accompanied by physical pain
>>
File: 1475702076684.jpg (33KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1475702076684.jpg
33KB, 625x626px
>>33782754
>>
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>33781645
Why is it only when I shoot my .22 or K98k without hearing protection not that loud without hearing protection?

The loudest gun for me was my AR for some reason, must be the velocity. I couldn't hear right for a day, and the ringing was insane.
>>
POP POP Pop pop click eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
Shot a 16" barreled ar indoors without earpro and it was very loud.
Just a lound "pop" followed by the feeling of plugged ears like on an airplane and everything was quiter for a bit.
>>
>>33783415

>Go to popular shooting spot innawoods, no RSO
>See a guy shooting with his wife and INFANT
>Guy magdumps his AR a few times and then they pack up
>After they leave, friend leans over to me and says "That baby didn't have any fucking earpro."

Fucking why
>>
>>33781681
>first time it's startling, I guess.
>however the more you fire, the more you become deaf
>not recommended at all.

ftfy
>>
>Nah it's not very loud
>It's a pop and then everything is quiet, no loud noises
It worries me that people think that being deafened by a gunshot means that it's not loud.
>>
>>33783482
WHAT? WHAT'S A "MAIMED GRABBAGE?"
>>
>>33782858
>It never bothered us.
Thats what you think. Reality is that you all got permanent ear damage, some of it.
>>
.22LR isn't bad out of a rifle in the woods, but that's about it. My buddy has property and we shoot out there. I only started wearing earpro when we got the shotguns out, and even then a couple slipped past me while I had the muffs up. We shot 9mm, 12ga, 20ga, 410, etc, but what hurt the most was standing next to another of my buddies while he shot his Neos without earpro. It's like your eardrum suddenly catches on fire while you have a someone punch you in the ear. Suffice to say, when he surprised everyone by shooting his 9mm while we were walking back, we were sick of his shit.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.