[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military Career

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: is04-2015-0015-001.jpg (501KB, 2048x1307px) Image search: [Google]
is04-2015-0015-001.jpg
501KB, 2048x1307px
How high can I go if I join the military and refuse to be a grunt or actually be deployed?
>>
>>33780518
bump
>>
File: Sage spice.png (176KB, 247x442px) Image search: [Google]
Sage spice.png
176KB, 247x442px
>>33780518
Go to the general you dumbass newfag.
>>
File: 120789922.jpg (15KB, 310x206px) Image search: [Google]
120789922.jpg
15KB, 310x206px
>>33780640
fuck you I'm looking for opinions
>>
You'll get chaptered out. Thats all you'll get.
>>
File: The Sage Pokemon.png (182KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
The Sage Pokemon.png
182KB, 500x500px
>>33780709
So go to the thread that's made for this you dumb faggot, it's not like I told you to leave /k/. Would it seriously kill people to check the catalog before making new threads?
>>
>>33780518
E1 your entire career assuming they don't just kick your ass out. You don't get a choice. You're expected to follow orders. Not following lawful orders will get you into shit.

Don't want to follow orders? Don't join the military.
>>
>>33780782
That's the Can army, pretty sure you can leave whenever you want
>>
>>33780518
If you refuse to be deployed they can throw your ass in jail before throwing you out the Army with a DD, everyone will hate you for refusing to do your job.
>>
If your smart you can avoid being deployed, refusing isn't a valid option.

Guessing by deployed and grunt you mean you don't want to be getting shot or blown up in a desert shithole, so join the Navy, only sand you'll see are beaches.
>>
>>33781216
what about if I wanted to be the guy who sits in a room with a laptop and flys a drone?
>>
>>33780518
pick a super pog job, work up to e5 then be a massive stickler for regulation and continually try to fuck soldiers for minor fuckups. Try to get stationed at NCO academies as an instructor. Stay in TRADOC as long as possible. Do minimum operational time for each grade, then go back.

The commandant of the Sergeants Major academy a few years ago was a female 42a if i recall correctly, and had never deployed once in 25 years of service that ran through gulf storm, OEF, and OIF. She literally made sure paperwork was filled out correctly for her entire career.

She was universally hated.
>>
>>33781847
correction: commandant of the drill sergeant school

CSM King
>>
>>33781847
forgot to mention im canadian, does this change much?
>>
>>33781897
It translates. Be admin geek. Be competent at admin stuff. Become an NCO. Be a massive asshole. Work in the schoolhouses. try to make more assholes. Play political fuck-fuck games to stay in the training side of the army. Be despised by everyone who actually has to practice the bullshit you preach.
>>
Another Canadian anon here.
Quick question, I am about to finish a bachelor and I am conflicted on what I want to do after my degree.
Should I join the army as an enlisted officer (idk lets say intelligence)
Or join the federal police?
>>
>>33781988
>>33780518
Go to /meg/ you stupid fucks
>>
>>33782013
too intimidating
>>
>>33780518
You can go all the way to the brig, dumbass. In the military you can't just refuse. Get a job in fast food, that's probably all the potential you have.
>>
File: hold the fuck up.jpg (35KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
hold the fuck up.jpg
35KB, 640x628px
>>33780518
is it possible/wise to do the following
>join the army after college
>go for rangers and somehow get into the regiment
>do a few years with them and finish my contract
>switch from active to reserves, and go from rangers to a 25v series in the reserves

I was talking to a recruiter and we discussed this plan, he said it was possible provided there was an opening for me to do it,I could be cross trained and my contract for whatever I do in active goes through. Im going to college for communications now, ill be done in about 2 years. Ive always wanted to be in the military, particularly the rangers but I dont want to make a career out of it either. Is any of that possible or was I swindled?
>>
>>33780518
>There's no other jobs besides combat arms
>What is a non-deployable unit

Well, here's the thing. If you refuse to do something, that's article 92 of the UCMJ, and you'll hopefully get NJP'd or you could get sent to the brig.

Not sure why you'd join an organization of obedience and not do what you're told, but you do you buddy.
>>
File: 1492234361384s.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1492234361384s.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>33784659
I want to be in the military but I don't want to die or get shot, how achievable is this?
>>
>>33781052
Nope, that's reserves
Contracts of 3+ years, might be 4. Then you can leave.
>>
>>33787009
It's called being a POG and it's easier than you think.
>>
>>33787100
is becoming an MP a viable career path?
>>
>>33781749
That will never happen to some neet posting on a Pakistani bookkeeping website.
>>
>>33787082
Yeah, shortest "real" contract is 4 years, then any number. I know a guy who signed a 10 year last winter.
>>
>>33780518
Pick a job that even while deployed still works at the far back lines.

Like officer.
Or jag.
>>
>>33780782
>E1 your entire career assuming they don't just kick your ass out.

How would you even do this without being barred from reenlistment? At least in the US AFAIK every branch has a maximum tenure for junior enlisted ranks.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.