[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Revolver general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: model 65-4.jpg (46KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
model 65-4.jpg
46KB, 640x360px
Anyone got experience with these, or K frames in general? Are they good all around guns?
>>
File: 20170422_200756.jpg (2MB, 2486x966px) Image search: [Google]
20170422_200756.jpg
2MB, 2486x966px
>>33779873
Fuck yes they are good
>>
Just buy a pre hillary hole one.
>>
>Model 65

Yeah, it's sweet. It's a stainless version of the Model 13, which was the FBI revolver for years and years, and is a wonderful do-all revolver.

One problem it has, however--and this applies to all of the K-frames--is that it does not hold up well to shooting full power magnum ammunition constantly. When the Border Patrol conducted some tests on revolver service life using 125 grain Magnums, they found that none of the K-frames could make it to even 1500 rounds without major problems like a cracked forcing cone, stretched or cracked frame, etc. This is because, while the gun has the ability to shoot Magnums, it was intended that Magnums be used only sparingly in it. On the other hand, if you stick with .38 +P like the FBI did, the gun will be perfectly fine and last you a long time.
>>
>>33779966
Fuck. I was planning on shooting a shit ton of magnum out of it. I'm buying one with a bull barrel, would that make a difference?
>>
>>33780198
No, a bull barrel would not help you. The problems that K-frames have with Magnums has to do with their forcing cones and frames, not their barrels. Have you already sealed the deal on it?
>>
File: shifter.webm (3MB, 544x960px) Image search: [Google]
shifter.webm
3MB, 544x960px
>>33779873
How can I open carry a revolver without looking like a fudd?
>>
>>33780236
Yeah, I mean I'm not too angry about it. From what I'm reading the issue comes with lighter performance loads. I was planning on using 158 grain loads for protection out when hiking. (Want better foliage penetration/lessened affect on the round). Really I doubt it's an issue, but I was hoping to keep it around as a hand-me-down gun for my son. Guess I should just keep a tracker for the number of times I put magnum loads through it.
>>
>>33780263
You really can't. Pretty much anyone open carrying is gonna look like a fudd, no matter the gun.
>>
File: 1468268923615.png (4MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1468268923615.png
4MB, 2048x1365px
>>33780276
What if I wear grayman 5.11 clothing? Then you might then i'm an operator instead of a farmer.
>>
File: image.jpg (961KB, 2999x1457px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
961KB, 2999x1457px
I bought a Dan Wesson model 15 with a 6" barrel for like $275. Great gun.
>>
>>33780267
If you use it as it was intended (carry with Magnums, practice with .38 Special), you should be able to pass it down someday.

Also, for reference, the Ruger Six series is the same size and does not have the durability problems previously mentioned, because they were designed from the ground up to hold up to constant magnum use. They are the size of a K-frame, but have the durability of an L-frame or better. They can sometimes be found in the $300 to $400 range, and are one of the best deals out there on revolvers.
>>
>>33780282
Only if you use a MR73.
>>
>>33780282
Then you'll look like a tryhard Brinks driver.

Bonus points if you're morbidly obese and don't know how to groom yourself, because it seems like most of them are.
>>
Anyone know a good place to pick a up a reliable revolver for under 400? I don't care if it's used.
>>
>>33780366
Pretty much every single LGS that handles pistols should have a Ruger SP101, GP100, or [something] Six for well under that used or around that new (obv. not for the Six series).

You can frequently find Charter Arms pistols lightly used for under $300, they're a step up from Taurus but not Ruger-tier undeadable.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.