[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Landlord issues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 2

File: received_869581573181722-1.jpg (280KB, 741x718px) Image search: [Google]
received_869581573181722-1.jpg
280KB, 741x718px
Sup /k/, I'm moving off campus, and apparently these leasers don't allow firearms, and refuse to store them at the desk for me.
What's the best way to sneak rifles into and out of an apartment? No illegal weapons obvs, those were lost in a boating accident.
Also, it was only outlined that weapons couldn't be discharged, not owned. Can I use this?
Thanks boos
>>
>>33779430
If theyve already told you no firearms on their property, that is it. Sneaking them in would be illegal and a breach of your contract.
>>
What they're trying to enforce is literally illegal.
>>
>>33779430
Take them to court for treading on your second amendment right, and make sure to call the NRA for help.
>>
>>33779463
>>33779491
it's their property and if they say no weapons then it's no weapons
>>
>>33779430
You will have to check the law of the state in which you are living.
Virginia, for example, specifically states that a rental agreement cannot prevent you from owning firearms within your dwelling:

ยง 55-248.9. Prohibited provisions in rental agreements.

A. A rental agreement shall not contain provisions that the tenant:
6. Agrees as a condition of tenancy in public housing to a prohibition or restriction of any lawful possession of a firearm within individual dwelling units unless required by federal law or regulation;
>>
>>33779463
No it isn't.
>>
>>33779507
/thread
>>
>>33779504

Nope.
When you lease property to someone, you no longer have a say in what (non-illegal) objects can be stored there, as long as they don't violate other normal conditions of a lease.
>>
>>33779430
>Sup /k/, I'm moving off campus, and apparently these leasers don't allow firearms, and refuse to store them at the desk for me.

>Also, it was only outlined that weapons couldn't be discharged, not owned. Can I use this?

Do they not allow firearms on their property, or not allowed to be discharged?
If
1) then bringing one onto THEIR property is a breach of contract, and you either find a different place for guns, different place for you, or try to find middleground
2) then you can store them in your room, I suppose?
>>
>>33779463
No its not fucktard. Its private property so therefore its their way or the highway.
>>
>>33779520
Thats not true. Since you dont actually own the property. The landlord has the right to enforce whatever rules they want and evict you if they see fit.
>>
>>33779537

>The landlord has the right to enforce whatever rules they want and evict you if they see fit.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>33779430
>>33779507
What state are you living it?
That is the only way we can give you a definitive answer of whether or not what they are doing is illegal. If it is, then cite the relevant statute and threaten to take them to court unless they remove the clause. And when they do remove the clause, take them to court anyway as a big "fuck you" to the anti-gun pieces of shit that they are.
>>
>>33779552
Or better yet, don't have them remove the clause. Sign the lease anyway, bring your guns, and if they try to evict you, then you take them to court citing the relevant statute.
>>
OP here, I'm going to the office this afternoon but I checked it pretty thoroughly and there was NO provision about firearms OWNERSHIP, just discharging the weapon inside the apartment.
>>
>>33779537
This is by far the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Being a landlord is literally the gayest fucking occupation in the world. It is almost impossible to evict tenants in almost any place. Even more so in bigger cities. It can take many months of delinquent payments before you can even start threatening to kick them out in some more liberal cities.

>>33779430
If you are signing a lease a landlord has no legal ability to infringe on your rights as that place is no your home. You may not own it but it is your home and you can do anything legal in there.

If a landlord says you cannot bring guns into the apartment sue his fucking ass off and make a shit ton of money, just be prepared to never have anything fixed at your place so long as you live there.
>>
>>33779552
OP is from Jew York, sadly.
>>
>>33779569
Well duh you fucking retard.

Get USCCA insurance so if you have to get in a defensive shooting you're covered. Living in an apartment is risky for gun defense.

Get something pistol caliber and hollow point for your castle gun.
>>
>>33779576
Be prepared to buy a house, because nobody will ever rent to you again.
>>
>>33779504
>>33779510
>>33779528
They're not allowed to infringe on rights even if it says so on the contract. If you live there, it's your home.
>>
>>33779641
Post more statute and less shit

Not all states are the same
>>
>private property matters
>but only when the people who own it do things i like
>>
>>33779579
It's not for defense ( ;) ) it's for marksmanship boi
>>
>>33779641
>They're not allowed to infringe on rights even if it says so on the contract.
Sure, they are. The Bill of Rights protects you from the government. It doesn't protect you from other citizens, and certainly not on private property.

lrn2law, retard.
>>
>>33779454
BUT the only thing that would happen here is eviction, and depending on state you'll have plenty of time to find a better place.
My parents own two trailer parks, we just got done evicting some woman who had like 7 cata when her contract said 2, that's a big problem because cats make messes. Guns don't though.. Just don't cry and complain when/if you are being evicted
It is a breech, but it's not like it's property endangering
>>
>>33779537
Not if they take Federal money.

Not if the conditions are unreasonable for the kind and type of property.

Not if there is not a justifiable need for a rule.

>>33779569
OP you are a faggot. If that is all it says then take it with you and call it a day.
>>
>>33779667
>;)
HAHAHAHA BECAUSE YOU MEANT IT WAS

Jesus christ fuck off. Just plan ahead and quit being obtuse. Be an adult.
>>
>>33779537
>real life is the same as my ancap fantasies
>>
>>33779576
This is so wrong. It takes 30 fucking days if you own the place.
If you don't own the place (like a trailer in a trailer court) it was like 60 or 90.. Can't recall that part, but that's a fucking rare circumstance

Yes, a landlord can limit your guns. It's just like some store saying no guns, it's their fucking property.
Only exception is that law some anon posted
>>
>>33779542
google: tenants bill of rights "my state"
>>
>>33779685
Right, that's why they can ban internet connections too since free speech doesn't apply to private property.
>>
>>33779607
This is also wrong, believe it or not landlords aren't in some cult, marking on a list who not to rent to
>>
OP's first mistake was asking the landlord this question in the first place. Read the contract nigger, then be discrete.

Many places can't straight up evict you for owning guns, but they sure can put you on an unofficial blacklist/shitlist and make you miserable until you leave, or find/cite any other smallest bullshit reason to not renogotiate the lease with you when it expires.
>>
>>33779430
the only terms they can enforce are the ones on the lease. If the lease says "NO GUNS" you are out of luck, and have to find someplace else to store them. If the lease does not contain such a clause, you can bring your guns in.

Of course, be prepared to find a new place when your lease expires, because they sure as hell won't rent to you again.
>>
>>33779430
>and refuse to store them at the desk for me

lmao so you told them you have guns? dun goofed
>>
>>33779743
They'll check your credit, work, rental, and criminal history if there is one. Some will root around in your social network presence. If there is anything like taking a previous rental owner to court, suing the fuck out of them and winning, all future property managers will find it. Nothing is private anymore dude.
>>
>>33779743
>This is also wrong, believe it or not landlords aren't in some cult, marking on a list who not to rent to
Landlords will ask for a reference from the last landlord you rented from. If that guy says you're a dumb asshole that had to be evicted, guess what?
>>
>>33779697
It doesn't matter who's money they take lol
So many uninformed on /k/
>>
>>33779771
>>33779780
That's why you don't be a dumb asshole when you do get evicted
Unless t those particular landlords are fuck faces they'll say that it was a breech of contract, shit didn't work out.

It'll make you look less honest .. But everyone wants money.

Mfw $875 for two bed one bath trailer.
>>
>>33779760
Didn't say name while I was on the phone woopsie.
>>
>>33779780
Section 8 housing will still rent to people with recent evictions, because its a term of taking the state's housing bux.

Have fun owning your guns there, they'll be stolen the second one of your neighbors figure out they're in your apartment.
>>
>>33779809
>It'll make you look less honest .. But everyone wants money.
>trailer

You deal with slumlords, not normal landlords.
>>
Just sneak them in the middle of the night during an especially dark night. Put em under your bed in a duffle or get cases for em.
>>
I live in an apt in a major metropolitan area. My lease soecifically does not limit ownership, but does stipulate that open display is not allowed. Nig fucking deal. I CC anyway, not one of those open carry autists, and if I'm taking my rifles out they go in cases that aren't all marked up with tacticool decals and stickers.

Shit isn't hard if you're not autistic about it. Pick your fights.
>>
As long as you're not hanging outside in front of your place cleaning them and eyeing down your neighbors I doubt you'll have issues. Put them inside something to move them in and out of your car or whatever.
>>
>>33779832
>Nig fucking deal
Kek

*big
>>
>>33779792
Yes it does. Who you take money from limits what you can and cannot do with property.

Local courts can also limit you from what terms you can impose on the property.

Being a landlord doesn't mean you can do what you want with the property once it enters interstate commerce. Courts have ruled on this time and time again.
>>
>>33779836
If you have a patio, put up those bamboo roller sun blinds. They ostensibly block sun from cooking your apartment, but also prying autist neighbor eyes from watching you clean guns outside. Make sure you have permission to put them up first.
>>
>>33779862
Guns will vary from state to state, but if I'm telling you not to have a goldfish, and your signing the contract handing me American Benjamin's, no goldfish for you.
If you get a goldfish after that youre breaking the contract

>>33779819
I Am the slumlords.
The only way to get money back from the welfare. Oh and we absolutely check a tenate out on Facebook before renting to them
>>
>>33779819
And when I said that everYone wants money, I meant other slum lords that don't even care If you're growing in there

We reject more people than we accept over here, but every good home is filled
>>
Just get the paladin press "how to hide anything", build some hidden compartments into furniture, fake pipes etc. Enjoy gunz, Profit?
>>
>>33779430
Snowboard bag lined with 2x4 and pillows.
>>
>>33779577
Jew yorker here, just checked our laws and we have nothing established either way, so if there is an issue it will have to go to court.
>>
>>33779780

You could take them to court over it? Thinking someone is a dumb asshole is an opinion. It's just like job history. If you were a fuck up they'll just say you were employed from X date to Y date and nothing more. If you were a good employee they will say nothing but praises. Same for renting. No way is any smart land lord going to potentially slander someone as open themselves up to a lawsuit.
>>
>>33780119
>>33780916
It's some institute called American Campus Institute. A corporation that probably has a lot more lawer money than me or my associates.
>>
>>33779537

> I have never rented an apartment: the post
>>
>>33779685

so I can evict a tenant because he's black? good to know.
>>
>>33779537
>Renters have no rights
Not how it works, buddy.
>>
Leave. Don't give money to people like that.
>>
>>33782341
>What is the civil rights act
>>
>>33779759
And many states have laws that protect the tenant's right to keep firearms in their home regardless of what the lease says.
>>
>>33779430
Just get a guitar bag or other similar bags/cases that can be locked. Better tried by 12 than carried by 6.
>>
>>33782406
Does Florida have this?
>>
>>33782444
google will find out for you
>>
>>33782444
Does not look like this.

>Minnesota always votes blue, One of the first to pass shall-issue, has long protected tenant's right to keep firearms, and 2 years ago dropped the supressor ban
Get your shit together, other states.
>>
>>33779430

They can't mandate no gunz. They don't have that right. Called renters laws, they are there to protect both you and the land owner. Read up on em.
>>
File: Snapchat-63972306.jpg (707KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-63972306.jpg
707KB, 1080x1920px
What can actually be approved usually.
>>
>>33782413
Do this.

I have a hardside guitar case that I lined with eggcrate foam, and a soft Yamaha keyboard case that I put two sheets of plywood into to make it stiff, and also lined with eggcrate foam. Slapped on some band patches for good measure.
They look exactly like any other instrument case out there.

My only concern is that somebody might want to start chatting me up about guitars and ask to see it, so I think going for a keyboard case is a bit wiser.
Some higher end synths come in nice Pelican-style cases. Honestly, you could probably take a rifle case in the right size and just slap some Korg or Moog decals and band stickers on it and it'd look convincing.
>>
>>33779430

btw which state do you live in, for example PA has no law on books that would allow a landlord to stipulate such a condition.
>>
>>33779685
>I say no gays or blacks, and it's my property, so no gays or blacks
>>
>>33779430
Snowboarding bag, thing could fit a bazooka
>>
>>33783697
>What is the 14th amendment
>>
>>33779569
DON'T GO TO THE OFFICE
don't tell them you have guns
just have them and keep your mouth goddamn shut
if you're worried about it, move your guns in and out in instrument cases
easy, done
>>
>>33779569
If they don't explicitly ban keeping firearms in the building in the contract, don't even bother asking, because they'll probably try to make you agree to things that weren't in the original contract. Just leave it. If you're actually involved in a defensive shooting, the "no discharge" policy won't affect you at all. Just don't be a retard and ND in the building.
>>
>>33779537
So no conversion to Islam while living on their property, right?
>>
>>33784663
Easy, just schmooze up to a bunch of the other tenants and find out if they keep weapons in their apartments. If they're a different race than you and management knows they have weapons but does nothing, you actually have a case for discrimination when management brings the hammer down on you for doing the same thing.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.