[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A question about manifacturing, economics, and guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Alright here is an idea I have: Do you know what will sell? I think that I know something that will sell? Something that meets the following criteria:
1.Is gun
2.Will fire
3.Is as cheap to make as possible
How would I go about making this a reality and what would it look like?
>>
>>33777336
cheap striker fired guns and ARs tailored to the newguns demographic are the best selling guns in America
>>
>>33777336
Change your name to George Jennings, build cheapshit for Jose and Tyrone.
>>
>>33777336
>How would I go about making this a reality and what would it look like?
start making shitty AR parts with a fancy name/logo and it will sell
>>
>>33777336
Well you need some sort of supplier for the materials, some sort of production to manufacture your guns, and a market for said guns. If you advertise it well, you can create a good market for it.

That said, it doesn't hurt to have a good PR and QC to maintain optimal sales, as well as predicting political course. Currently it is the cold season. Political times generally when guns sales spike.
>>
>>33777336
>pepe liberator
>>
>>33777336

You basically just described Cobray, and they went out of business, so....

They pretty much did the cheap bullet hose thing exactly right, they just were really stupid about advertising. Naming a gun "streetsweeper" or "terminator" is a fucking bad idea, especially during the first throes of the assault weapon ban craze.

but they designed guns just like you describe, mostly stamped parts, simple as fuck design. cheap, reliable, readily available calibers.
>>
>>33777336
Here you go, OP - a good lesson in firearms history:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uiz7upuiGk
>>
File: 1492450418254.jpg (77KB, 777x728px) Image search: [Google]
1492450418254.jpg
77KB, 777x728px
>>33777350
>>33777369
You people underestimate my cheapness. I was thinking of something like a .22lr single shot pistol. It's no Glawk 4-tay, but it will solve problems.
>>33777397
So all I have to do is not hire an autist as my PR guy? All I have to do is to have a social circle that isn't exclusively comprised of autists?

...Well in that case I'm fucked.
>>
>>33777467

Mostly you just need to produce guns that aren't advertised as "negro erasing device"

The streetsweeper logo literally looks like a kroger brand SS logo... and the ad campaign that went with it wasn't much better
>>
>>33777483
>Mostly you just need to produce guns that aren't advertised as "negro erasing device"
Funny, that's what I call my AR.
>>
File: 1448609733218.gif (3MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1448609733218.gif
3MB, 500x282px
Protip: A lot of methods for accomplishing #3 were made illegal. The ones that aren't still require low margins ("cheap as possible", remember?) and huge economies of scale. You aren't going to convince a bank to lend you money to build a big-ass factory, especially when that factory is 1) guns, and 2) intentionally unprofitable guns.

There are also people who had your genius idea 50+ years ago. They already have big-ass factories, and if their factories are larger than yours, their costs will be lower. That means your cheap shit won't actually be that cheap, especially considering you still have to pay the bank back.

In the unlikely event you actually manage to produce—and even sell—some firearms, you'll probably go bankrupt paying lawyers to defend you from the dozens of lawsuits filed by blue-voting cities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_night_special
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorcin_Engineering_Company
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davis_Industries
>>
Also, seriously, is $150 for a Hi-Point just too rich for your blood?
>>
>>33777530
I think this faggot wants to sell $60 single shot .22 pistols with a break action and every possible part being made out of molded plastic. Bitch doesn't even want to trim off moldlines.
>>
>>33777336
The Hi Point
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.