[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stuck in CA...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: 11812_6.jpg (7KB, 500x104px) Image search: [Google]
11812_6.jpg
7KB, 500x104px
I'm gonna be in California for who knows how long because of family and now a pretty good job. I need some CA legal suggestions. I live in a rural County that is pretty gun friendly but it is still CA. I've always wanted an M1a but fuck it would be expensive to buy and to shoot. I'm new to /k/ and I searched the archive and couldn't find any similar threads.
>>
>>33776708
Welcome behind enemy lines.

An AR is not out of the question as long as you are willing to jump though hoops. Also act now and then decide later if you are going to comply or not because I can only see prices going up.

An M1a would be a good choice and get you around the regulations but you are right in that they are expensive. If you like the garand action look into a Ruger mini14 or mini30.
>>
>>33776708
>Rural gun friendly county

ANOTHER JEFFERSON ANON?????

>SAI M1A
>Expensive to shoot
Nigga get some Tula. the M1A will eat it just fine
>>
>>33776708
Also while not semi auto you can have whatever levergun you want and the good ones are comparable in price to a lower end semiauto.
>>
File: DSC01498_Copy.jpg (387KB, 1066x800px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01498_Copy.jpg
387KB, 1066x800px
>>33776708
What exactly do you want the gun for, anon? Hunting? Home defense? SHTF? In the latter space, a fixed-magazine SKS, a Mini-14, or an Ares SCR (pic related) will be your best choice.
>>
File: IMG_4704.jpg (55KB, 584x622px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4704.jpg
55KB, 584x622px
Buy 15 semi automatic rifles and tape them together to make a Gatling gun.
>>
I own a 6920 that I've had for a long time (if leaving it and other guns in VA owning them). SHTF or home defense really is what I want it for but something fun to practice with and just a sweet ass rifle. I think a CA legal AR would just make me upset
>>
File: top.jpg (122KB, 1400x425px) Image search: [Google]
top.jpg
122KB, 1400x425px
>>33776708
the mini 14 is always a good choice for califags that aren't looking for a neutered looking featureless ar15

you don't need to bother with that fixed magazine bullshit either

maybe look into shotguns if you're just looking for effective home defense stuff
>>
>>33777084
The mini 14 is looking attractive had not really considered that. I'm just sad about having to leave all my nice shit behind. I will prolly get a shotgun too wish I had money I would buy a benelli m4 and be pleased as hell with that
>>
>>33776931
Thanks for the reply and suggestions the mini 14 isn't a bad idea
>>
>>33777122
>I'm just sad about having to leave all my nice shit behind.
What is it exactly that you have to leave behind? I'm not defending California's gun laws, but as bad as they are, they're still not as bad as people here make them out to be.
>>
>>33777194
Until 2018 and the ammo shit kicks in. Hopefully it's voted out or vetoed
>>
>>33777194
The 6920 is on the ban list and usp has a threaded barrel. Also tons of "high capacity" magazines for those. Figured I'd just leave those and my glocks safe with my brother so he could enjoy them for the time being
>>
I'll be damned if I'm gonna move here and register all of them in ca also
>>
>>33776708
>M1A
Shop around for a used one. I got a 1990s SAI with a USGI barrel for 1.3k and I've seen one that was a really early 4-digit S/N with all USGI parts for 1.6k. Those are the best of the Springfield Inc. guns.

You'd be surprised what you can find on Calguns. One of the /k/ommandos scored a 1990s bush carbine (18") with mostly TRW parts for around 1.1k. A screaming deal.
>expensive to buy and shoot
An alternative would be a 2nd gen Mini-14. Obtainable for about ~600-700 used and ~700-800 new. I advise replacing the rear sights with a tech sights unit right out the door, but besides that it's basically an M1A scaled down to 5.56 with an M1 carbine gas system. It's extremely reliable with any given ammunition, as long as you're using good quality magazines. Accuracy is only average at best, but it's a fun and handy little rifle in it's own right and can mostly hold it's own against a basic AR. If only it were as cheap.

Of course you can get an AR and simply Californicate it. Some grip wrap and a thread protector and wham-o, CA legal AR with normal magazine release.

Alternatively, there is the Aries SCR, but they are awfully hard to find.

Another option is the Kel-Tec SU-16. I don't particularly advise it however. It makes a great backpacking rifle due to the light weight, but it is hard to find and extremely flimsy.
>>
>>33777230
Threaded barrels are not in and of themselves illegal in California. Take your flash hider off and put on a muzzle brake instead, and you'll be good to go. The Glocks should be no problem here either.
>>
>>33777084
I'm gonna build a featureless AR after i get a new pistol grip and grip wrap for my AK
I'm not registering shit
>>
>>33777230
6920 is a no-go for sure.
USP, can you switch out the barrel for a non-threaded one? That would work. I know they are commonly available here otherwise.
As for mags, you COULD bring them and not tell anyone. Hypothetically of course.
>>
>>33777243
>I'll be damned if I'm gonna move here and register all of them in ca also
Register what, exactly?
>>
>>33777259
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the USP would be a no go with the threaded barrel. My AR is on the ban list by name. I brought my g26 but had to leave dozens of mags at home and just take the handful of 10 round mags. I don't want to buy a bunch of 10 Rd mags for the 19 when I have so many....
>>
Thanks for the replies everyone I need to sleep now tho. I'm looking forward to any other suggestions that maybe had not been touched on yet
>>
>>33777294
My biggest piece of advice would be to join the forums at calguns.net - it's a great community and you can get pretty much any question answered there.
>>
>>33776708
SKS
Alternatively, if you have dough, VZ58w/ a magazine lock. Feed it strippers. Czechpoint USA sells them with a lock installed. Not sure if they're in stock right now, I haven't czeched lately.
>>
File: hra3-12.jpg (680KB, 970x640px) Image search: [Google]
hra3-12.jpg
680KB, 970x640px
>>33776708
Get a Garand from the CMP.
>>
>>33776863
el dorado county reporting in
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.