[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Bren truly superior to the Spandau?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: lindybeige.jpg (64KB, 349x320px) Image search: [Google]
lindybeige.jpg
64KB, 349x320px
>>
File: lindybellend.jpg (61KB, 612x459px) Image search: [Google]
lindybellend.jpg
61KB, 612x459px
>>33776072
I'm asking for a friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgfBL1hz_zw
>>
wtf is a spandau? never heard of it before.
>>
>>33776072
>be me
>lindybeige
>"shpandow"
>>
>>33776072
No, not at all.

The MG-42 is a vastly superior machinegun in nearly all aspects.

The Bren is a WWII IAR only slightly less shit than the BAR.
>>
>>33776072
Isn't 'Spandau' British slang for any German machine gun at the time?
>>
God I hate british people so fucking much.
>>
>>33776138
they are two completely different firearms made for two different purposes. not comparable.
>>
File: g3-sturmgewehr-heckler-koch.jpg (47KB, 1300x731px) Image search: [Google]
g3-sturmgewehr-heckler-koch.jpg
47KB, 1300x731px
>>33776072
Hey guys, i'm thinking about buying an Oberndorf am Neckar.
Any recomendations or alternatives?
Maybe a Herstal or a Springfield?
>>
>taking lindybeige seriously
He's a homeless looking dipshit who doesn't know anything about firearms in any capacity.
>>
>>33778580
this
>>
File: images (63).jpg (31KB, 469x314px) Image search: [Google]
images (63).jpg
31KB, 469x314px
>>33776072
Dunno, maybe we should ask this guy?
>>
I watched two videos of his, the ones that got linked on /k/, and have decided that this person is retarded.
>>
>>33776072
He's a moron.
>>
>>33777926
Personally, I'm quite partial to the Izhevsk.
>>
>>33778580
Does he know anything about anything? In one of his videos he said only something like 20% of all combatants in WW2 even shot in the general direction of the enemy, and only like 2% were shooting to hit anything, and half of those guys were socio/psychopaths.

Sounded like so made up bullshit.
>>
File: ThisIsASpandauLBaTard.png (577KB, 1437x529px) Image search: [Google]
ThisIsASpandauLBaTard.png
577KB, 1437x529px
As a machine gun? Not significantly. The passage of time did lead to some advances over old vickers and maxim machine guns (essentially the same design as the MG08 "spandau", so called for the manufacturer), But some units (notably the SAS) are said to have preferred vicker's designs for their higher rate of fire.

As far as I know though, most actual spandau machineguns had been phased out by the start of WW2, in favor of the superior MG 34.
>>
>>33778699
>As far as I know though, most actual spandau machineguns had been phased out by the start of WW2, in favor of the superior MG 34.
It's little bit different.

You see, Germany couldn't make machineguns after Versailles treaty was signed.

They still worked on weapons quietly, of course and MG34 was a result of this work.

What's important is that as they've lacked machineguns of all kind, they needed something that could replace all of them, which gave birth to GPMG. As you can see it's one of few situations where treaty restrictions resulted in something that was actually useful. Had Germans be able to make machineguns in the interwar period and they'd have classic MMG/LMG setup going on.
>>
>>33776072
Of course not.

Lindybeiege's parrochialism blinds him to reason.
>>
File: lol16.png (18KB, 833x551px) Image search: [Google]
lol16.png
18KB, 833x551px
>>33776072

I like how all you autistic morons think he actually said that anywhere in the video.
All he said was that in defense, the Spandau was better, but in attack, the Bren was at least as good.
>>
>>33776072
Niether is superior or infirior, because they are entire different class of weapons.
"""Spandau""" is GPMG
Bren is LMG
Both work well in their intended roles. """Spandau""" variants and derivatives are still used around the world.
Bren was removed from service only 2 decades ago.

Only thing that you could hold against Bren is that it uses top feed mag, when NATO doctrine prefers belt-fed.
>>
>>33776102
>Ian has the top comment

heh
>>
File: 1492272051417.jpg (81KB, 839x423px) Image search: [Google]
1492272051417.jpg
81KB, 839x423px
glorious brens were made deep in the mountain forges of Snowdonia. Folded 1000 times the Bren was able to easily cut through the armour of a Panzer IV
>>
>>33781889
I thought that was the Boys.
>>
>>33778685
Lindybeige is retarded when it comes to almost anything, and the few things he does get right you can learn from better channels.

He basically speaks about shit he knows nothing about with enough confidence that people who don't know jack shit about the subject think he knows what he's talking about.
>>
>>33782305
That's me.
>>
>>33777337
lol no.
>>
>>33776138
I wasn't aware you could calmly walk while firing a MG42 with sustained fire?
Or accurately pick off a single man without wasting half your ammo?
>>
>>33777921
As I recall, this is almost exactly what Lindy said himself at the end of the infamous video, but everybody on /k/ conveniently forgets that part because S P A N D A U B A L L E T
>>
>>33776138
You obviously know nothing about a Bren. The BAR is complete shit. The Bren was great in its time.
>>
File: art-alphin.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
art-alphin.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>33785749
> BAR > Spandau > Bren > M16
Checkmate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyJs6expvT8
>>
>>33785774
I remember going through this guy's videos while tripping balls on [spoiler]DUDE LMAO[/spoiler] shrooms, one of the weirdest yet entertaining night of my life, I was completely entranced

sorry for blog but I highly recommend
>>
>>33785836
I watched Apocalypse Now Redux on 200ug of acid once
it was... and interesting experience
>>
>>33776072
>Not a Spatha.

Get a load of this barbarian.
>>
>>33785335
>I wasn't aware you could calmly walk while firing a MG42 with sustained fire?
>Or accurately pick off a single man without wasting half your ammo?
Why wouldn't you be able to do that? Its all about the gunner.
>>
>>33778726
>As you can see it's one of few situations where treaty restrictions resulted in something that was actually useful.
The treaty restriction was one of the main reasons why the Wehrmacht was so effective.

While other nations got to keep their ww1 shit Germany had to modernize, innovate new tactics, figure out how to do less with more. If you have restriction on how much equipment you can have you obviously get rid of the worst equipment first, if you have a restriction on how many professional soldiers you can have you obviously get rid of the worst ones frist. They also got pretty good at avionics because they experimented a lot with gliders.

So

Germany basically got rid of a bunch of stuffy old officers that where trained to fight the last war while the other countries got to keep them.
>>
>>33782305
>Lindybeige is retarded when it comes to almost anything
He is pretty funny though and he does know a lot about history. As long as you don't take him to seriously.
>>
>>33785774
>hurr durr not single man portable
>untrained plebs manning it
I never used the mg 34 but i've used the FN MAG and there is absolutely no problem for one man to carry that gun and use it alone. It might be more effective combined with a loader/spotter but the same goes for the BAR or any other MG.
>>
File: 20170318_022404.jpg (2MB, 1727x1764px) Image search: [Google]
20170318_022404.jpg
2MB, 1727x1764px
>>33777926
I prefer my Brescia
>>
>>33776102
>>33779638
>Ian absolutely wrecks Lindy
Nice
>>
>>33789318
>gliders
oh no, we don't have an airforce, we just have a glider club in every town and a strong culture of civilian general aviation
>>
>>33789338
I've handled a deact/dummy MG34
you can get it up to the shoulder for a few seconds at a time, and I'm pretty out of shape
lugging it around by one man would suck, but it is doable
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.