[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In your opinion, what country has consistently made extremely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Sam_Hyde.jpg (15KB, 233x267px) Image search: [Google]
Sam_Hyde.jpg
15KB, 233x267px
In your opinion, what country has consistently made extremely viable firearms?
>>
Belgium
Some might say the Germans, but they've made their fair share of stupid junk over the years
>>
I would say America, Germany and Russia in no particular order.

America: made the revolver practical, more or less invented the lever action, came up with the modern Simi auto pistol

Germany: very high quality and sophisticated designs as far back as the match lock, first mass-produced breach loader, invented the modern bolt action, the first assault rifle, and roller delayed blowback

Russia: questionable quality but most of their design are solid and reliable.
>>
Balgium > Germany > Austria(Hungary) > US.A. > France / U.K.
>>
JMB
>in before "but OP said country!"
>>
The UK should be up there for the Vickers and the Enfield alone, along with their O/U and double rifle efforts. If we're talking about firearms in general, USA or Russia/USSR.

Belgium and Austria take the per capita award.
>>
>>33769021
The Vickers gun was based on the Maxim gun which was designed by an American, and Lee immigrated to America
>>
Czechs, Belgians
>>
>>33769060
>moving to the usa makes you american
>moving to the uk and taking citizenship doesn't make you british

choose one
>>
>>33769004
Don't forget Hiram Maxim. Aside from the occasional spurt of genius coming from Europe, the USA has defined practical military firearms since at least 1900. The only reason I don't say 1850 is the needle/bolt rifle. Very few others have bothered to innovate since the rifled musket.
>>
>>33769021
>Vickers
A good gun but the UK kind of losses point on it, because it was heavily based on the American maxium gun.
>>
>>33768938
It's easier to name countries with poor manufacturing than those with good. Yes, I'm talking about you, Brazil.
>>
>>33769074
>moving to a country cause they are making rich as fuck
>leaving a country cause it sucks ass
Also American nationality has much more to do with immigration than British
>>
>>33769141
This
>>
>>33769076
>1900
Aside from Browning'spistol and machine gun design I can't think of anything out of America that saw widespread use until the mid 1900's.

If we limit ourselves to rifles and submachine guns the first practical all American designs when until the m1 and m3 respectively
>>
File: Dare-in-Brocca.jpg (245KB, 925x463px) Image search: [Google]
Dare-in-Brocca.jpg
245KB, 925x463px
>Founded in the 16th century, Beretta is the oldest active manufacturer of firearm components in the world.
>>
>>33769071
this
>>
>>33769178
>extremely viable
>>
>>33769071
winrar
>>
>>33769171
Maxim only moved to England in is forties.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.