[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guns in England

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: corbyn.png (906KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
corbyn.png
906KB, 1000x563px
Is anyone here English?

Looking for advice on joining a shooting club, I'd like to learn how to target shoot and get my own rifle down the line
>>
>>33768834
Google your local range then give them a phone call, its as easy as that. If you cannot even be arsed to do that then call your nearest gunshop and ask them for the number.
>>
>>33768834

IMO if you're too stupid to just google it you shouldn't be allowed to own a rifle in the first place.
>>
Seek club and contact them.

Consider joining the Reserve in some capacity. You'll basically get paid for extra range time and you'll get to know other shooters.

I have no idea if they still let you keep private guns in the armoury (guys who lived in apartments and council houses used to) but regardless it's worth considering.
>>
>>33768834
>Looking for advice on joining a shooting club
Be warned that most gun clubs will be full of old fudds and they can be very snooty with new members, keep your political opinions to yourself until you get a feel for the atmosphere.
>>
Move to US

Buy gunz

Simple
>>
>>33769432
No, it is far from simple.
>>
>>33768834

do internet search m8

gun range england

lots of websites to help
>>
>>33769439
Actually it is. I've done it
>>
>>33769439
It's expensive, but I know a guy from Poland who owns guns. He actually owned them before he even became a citizen.
>>
>>33769489
Married an American? Thats the easiest way to get in but then you are stuck with her.
>>
>>33769515
Maybe it varies by state but in FL it's not expensive. I'm not a citizen nor do I have a green card. You need:

State id or driving license
Current valid I-94
Hunting license.

Pay your background check fee, wait for the result. Then wait three days depending on the county if you don't have a green card and you're done.
>>
>tfw Yurop
>tfw handguns require 2 years of shooting hobby to purchase
>tfw only ranges nearby are indoor ones so no point in a long gun
>tfw reservist shooting and hunting would require a car
>only option to rent at the pistol range
>>
>>33768834
Get on google, google the local range, asks them about clubs, also join the reserves, you'll get extra time on range, get taught to shoot by people that know what they're doing and there's the possibility of leaving your gun in the unit armory

>tfw you can't go shooting because the CO borrowed your shotgun without asking
>>
>>33768834
Only contact a gun club about membership if you are actually going to buy a gun, otherwise a lot of them may not be interested going through the effort of putting you through, make sure you know the police aren't going to reject your firearms license (i.e you have depression or other mental illness on record) because you have to buy the gun THEN apply for a firearms license (the gun club/store will keep it for you while you apply)

>>33769350
Also this, most gun clubs are gonna have mostly over 50's who are pretty conservative, still decent folk though.
>>
>>33771430
>>33771430
I don't think they will let you leave your gun in the unit armoury, a UK police based gun club got shot down because service ammo and weapons were getting mixed up with personal ones.
>>
>>33769439
>sell things until you have enough for a plane ticket to Wisconsin
>get a taxi to a bar
>???
>move to US, obtain green card, obtain funs
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.