[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spanish Civil War/Francoist Spain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

Alright, I'm curious as to the hardware the Spaniards used post civil war. I know they were using a Mauser variant during the 40's, but did they have any sort of stop-gap before the CETME was introduced?

Also, general Spanish military discussion thread.
>>
File: MWys5PF.jpg (170KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
MWys5PF.jpg
170KB, 1600x800px
SANTIAGO Y CIERRA, ESPAÑA
>>
And btw, answering OPs question.

No, there was no stop-gap rifle. We went straight from civil war era equipment to the CETME Model B in '58.
>>
>>33768143
Wasn't the FR7 and the FR8 used as a stopgap when there weren't enough CETMEs to pass around early in production? I know they were definitely used as training rifles and issued to the Civil Guard.
>>
>>33768162
Nope. They were developed and "manufactured" concurrently with the CETME, and only as training rifles. After all, both the FR7 and FR8 were just refittings of the Mausers the army had, rechambered for 7.62 NATO and shortened barrel.

Anyways, they came just after the first CETMEs were issued, and were never intented to be used in combat. So I wouldn't call them stop-gap rifles, because in case of combat in the 50's we would've used the old Mausers along with the newer CETMEs.
>>
>>33768143
Damn, I didn't think they would've sat around on Mausers so long. What about sub guns/LMGs/GPMGs?
>>
File: division azul.jpg (176KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
division azul.jpg
176KB, 900x900px
>>
For how long are the g36 gonna be around?
>>
Many of the Civil War-era M1916 Mausers were rechambered for 7.62 after the war. J&G Sales was recently offering these as surplus for $199, and you can still get the 7x57mm versions there for $179 - I have one, and while it's in kinda rough shape cosmetically, it's fine mechanically. Someday I'm going to get around to doing a full restoration on it like this guy did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA-1uf4SB6Y
>>
File: 1491372654668.jpg (54KB, 700x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1491372654668.jpg
54KB, 700x1200px
>>
>>33771115
Oh baby.
>>
File: 1492736034370.jpg (146KB, 900x630px) Image search: [Google]
1492736034370.jpg
146KB, 900x630px
>>33771115
I definitely wanna get one in 7mm. Might even drive to Prescott to look at them before getting one myself.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CASA_2.111
>>
File: PCWq4pa.jpg (71KB, 599x595px) Image search: [Google]
PCWq4pa.jpg
71KB, 599x595px
Death to communists
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.