[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"""Background Fee"""

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: 1493018880449.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1493018880449.gif
2MB, 480x360px
No.

I was trying to do an FFL to FFL transfer... WTF is a "background fee?" Are they seriously charging $10 extra on every firearm just because? Fucking bullshit!
>>
Yes, let us force all honest business owners to undercut their own products by allowing you to purchase firearms at lower prices online and ship them to THEIR door then have THEM do the work of running the background check for you, keep all of your paper work properly filed, retain it for the ATF, then have to deal with the mess of having to track goods they didn't even technically sell because it's used in a shooting, legal or not. 10 dollars is chump change compared to the work they're doing just so you can undercut their business, you're lucky they provide the service at all.
>>
>>33767332
This, it's $10 man. I mean if they charged you like $30 on some cheap gun, then yeah. But you're going to complain about $10?
>>
>>33767332
maybe if they stocked anything they wouldn't get undercut, you could order a gun in the fucking MAIL before '68. why the fuck shouldn't it be like that again? Are they worried the public will see what the cancer of "multiculturalism" has done to the public more than they already refuse to if nogs can order in the mail?
>>
>>33767274

STFU poor.
>>
>>33767361

Your thinly veiled /pol/ post has been noted. 2 reichmarks have been depositied into your account.
>>
>>33767332
Not blaming the business but that sounds like a systematic issue. couldn't all that be avoided by hiring some more ATF agents and allowing people to call in NICS checks? Or better yet just treat firearms like any other commodity
>>
>>33767274
>This business won't provide me with service for free!
>What fucking jews they are!

Hmmmm
>>
File: grin.jpg (21KB, 271x400px) Image search: [Google]
grin.jpg
21KB, 271x400px
>>33767371
"veiled?" There's no vail here. Nig nogs getting their guns illegally don't buy firsthand anyway, and people who commit crimes with guns getting them firsthand anyway is anomalous statistically speaking, so why the fuck should I not be able to just get them shipped to my front door or delivered by certified mail? Background checks don't work anyway, so again, I ask WHY we are subjected to this continuous and extraneous expense when it's proven to be for naught? But since it's a /pol/ post. let me rephrase that for you.

>Are they worried the goyim will see what the cancer of "multiculturalism" has done to the public more than they already refuse to if nogs can order in the mail?

Thanks for the reichsmarks, by the by.
>>
>>33767372
Guns being treated as a commodity will not happen in our life time. If the aft upscaled to the point that joe dick and Harry could call in a background check any time they wanted, how would they pay for it? They're a government agency paid for with tax dollars. Do you think wealthy white liberals would support a tax hike or reducing funding to schools to pay for evil gun owners? No, there would be a direct "sin" tax on ALL firearm related purchases. There's already a ten dollar fee paid to the aft for every back ground check. If your gun store isn't adding this onto the bill then they're adjusting costs of goods to eat that fee. If you're ONLY paying that base 10 dollars for an outside the stor purchase, be thankful. The only place that does FFL transfers here for less than 60 dollars is a shady pawn shop that smells like mold and old power tools rusting in a corner.
>>
>>33767397
Back ground checks FORCE criminals to buy their equipment illegally, exposing them to risk at every step of their endeavor. This is why you don't see Jamal shooting up the hood with ar15's, that shit gets expensive on the black market. Are you saying you would RATHER live in a world where any banger could drop ship a crate full of Sks's to his door for under $1000 and have rifle rounds zipping through dry wall constantly?
>>
>>33767361
The more a brick and mortar store keeps in stock, the higher their over head. The higher their overhead, the more expensive their product gets, the more expensive their product gets, the more that they get undercut by online auction sites and stores that have no physical front and therefore reduce overhead. This is basic, level 1, entry level business sense.

Look at it this way. Gun shop stocks EVERYTHING. You want it, we got it. Only, we sell things at 150% because rent on this massive building is high and our insurance costs are nuts. We don't charge for background checks though!
So now you go online and see something they're selling for 1000 dollars and you can get it for 750. There's no cost to go that route and shipping is a maximum of 20 dollars.

The store makes NO money because they've priced themselves so high above competition no one will buy their goods. They shut down. Every store that uses this model shuts down.

The only stores that survive are in areas where EVERY gun store kept overhead cost low and use prohibitive background check fees to prevent online sales. These ar ether kind of shops you see way out in the sticks, places where the Internet connection is rivaled by 90's era AOL and no one has seen a computer capable of running anything more intensive than doom. The kind of place that you have to drive 3 hours to find.

Congrats, you now have to drive 3.5 hours, wasting time money and gas to buy a gun at an even higher price with an even more expensive fee because you don't know how to shop.
>>
>>33767418
I'd rather live in a world where Jamal isn't in my country and his degenerate cousins to the north aren't raping my ethnic homeland, but since I don't have a time machine nor the influence to wake up europe to the cucking they're experiencing, I'll have to settle for the fact that most Jamal's aren't using on paper accounts like the digital ones required to order items over the internet if they're into criminal activity, nor do I think they'd go for the more expensive option of buying from a manufacturer or supplier who has money in those guns comparable to an upmarking of cost and need to make a profit when they can buy from tyrone biggums, who's selling the semi auto AR's for $300 a pop or less, because he stole them and needs the cash to convert to cocaine, since drug dealers are not known for their bartering practices, and as such want the standard medium of trade rather than the items which are valued on that medium. IE, they want the cash, not the gun because they then have to move the gun to extract the value.
>>
>>33767492
Kek, so you're saying you DONT want bangers to be able to buy what ever they want? Are you honestly saying that if firearms were COMPLETELY unregulated you wouldn't see a price plummet on hardware the likes has never been seen? Since none of it would be tracked, Jamal could just go to gun store and buy what ever he wanted. Your argument holds no water because it being illegal for bangers to buy what they want is exactly what keeps them from buying what ever they want.

Food for thought, if it was as easy to sling guns to undesirables as it was to sling drugs, do you think more petty gangs would use that as their primary income?
>>
>op participating in one of the most expensive recreational hobbies you can have
>complaining about ten American funbux
The whole champagne tastes / beer budget adage comes to mind.
>>
>>33767561

He's a poor. Poors are always crying about a couple bucks. Because a couple bucks is all they have. Yet, here they are, instead of trying to better their situation and playing the long game, they want instant gratification to dull the pain of being who they are.
>>
>>33767485
in other words, the physical store front for a gunstore has to take steps to make competing and superior methods of shopping for guns either impossible or prohibitively expensive to the point of being deliberately un-competitive or branching out to other stores to make some fuck headed and questionably legal arrangements on handling business, kinda like price fixing. I just had an idea for a model, but I know this would fail

>our gun shop stocks NOTHING. we order to order. Customer comes, asks about ordering from X manufacturer
>order that shit, take his number and call him when it gets in.

>>33767535
You make a good point, though I don't think the price plummet would be very meaningful given that you don't cut out the cost of machining or investment in the gun before it gets to you. A gun made from a $300 barrel, $500 of machined aluminum and a bunch of small parts is still going to cost $1,200 to pay the machinists/CNC operators for operating the machine and taking down quality control inspection sheets to make sure the part isn't defective. IE, labor still gets into the equation and machining is still a time consuming process when dealing with CNC machines. Just the time is spent on setup and making sure the edge is found properly. Though it's probably more like a $60 blank machined into the barrel for about $7 in labor hours and $6 for tooling cost and then $250 of aluminum and steel for the receiver and the FCG.
>>
>>33767561
Pretty much. Anybody who's that butthurt about a $10 fee in this hobby should take up embroidery instead. Then again, /k/ is full of cheapskates who will tell you that you're an idiot for buying anything other than a $400 AR and a brick of Tula steel-case .223
>>
>>33767274
Becoming a licensed dealer and processing 4473's is expensive, you're not entitled to free services from an FFL until firearm ownership becomes nationalized.
>>
>>33767578
I have a local store that functions very much like this. I believe they're semi franchised and have an offsight warehouse they keep stock at that they order in from. Works really well, they have great prices and they make most of their money on ammo and accessories.
>>
I grew up in Norway for 11 years. We move here to the US and we buy 2 homes, one in metroAtlanta and one in Godknowswhereville next to a bunch of rednecks and middle class people, weird area.
My first day in the summer house I go out to see what there is to do with a couple of brothers and a sister of mine. We get to the end of the driveway and there's a bunch of rednecks talking with a bunch of guys who look like they've just got out of a business meeting about a bank's investment future. They're just standing there next to a couple of trucks and a camry and one of them sees us 4. They ask us who we are and why we're on Dr. Frank's property. We tell him that we bought the place 2 weeks ago and it's our second home now. They all come across the road and introduce themselves and shake our hands and ask if they can meet our parents. We go back and get everyone, all 14, and go back. The parents get to talking and my dad sees that one of the guys is packing a sidearm. Asks him what it is and the guy pulls out a 1911 and just hands it to him. I did not know that my dad knew guns. Go figure.
They invite us to a big get together on the coming Saturday where we can meet a bunch of people and stuff. I met a lot of people there that I still talk to today. I bought an older guy a $3500 Winchester for his 50th anniversary.
Anyway, what I'm getting at here, OP, as that you are just a cheap faggot. It's 10 dollars. This is an expensive hobby.
>>
>>33767680
Kek southern hospitality man
>14
Kids or parents included?
>Winchester
That's a pretty broad category.
>>
>>33767274
$10 is a pretty good deal on a transfer fee. Probably brings a lot of people in their doors that otherwise wouldn't come.
Think of it this way, they don't make money on the sale, it takes up the company's time, and they subject themselves to risk in doing so. Possibly doing so as often as not for the privilege of being undercut by larger volume sellers.

Sage for /pol/bait thread.
>captcha escape hebe
Cannot make this shit up.
>>
>>33767485
My issue is gun shops can't get what I want.
They wanted $900 to order a CZ 2075
Shipped a $540 2075 to them out of spite.
What do they fucking expect?
>>
>>33767693
12 kids, 2 parents
1950something Model 70 in .3t Remington, retriggered, new stock, and a decent scope.
>>
>>33767696
They expect to either make back their overhead through mark up or to make the money for their time from a background check fee. They don't care if you order in if they're making an equivalent ratio of work to income over the ordeal.
>>
>>33767706
Damn, your parents got busy.
Also damn, you got a guy a pre64 Model 70? Must have been some family friend.
>>
>>33767719
Him and my dad were the two biggest factors into getting me into guns. He (family friend) actually got me a pair of 1911s for my wedding present. Amazing guns.
>>
I get the end processing fee. But I had one add tax on an in state transfer after I paid the seller tax.

That was pretty shady.
>>
>>33767485
>The more a brick and mortar store keeps in stock, the higher their over head

Basic law of supply and demand friendo. Higher supply of something *lowers* the cost.
>>
>>33767673
>>33767578
There's a guy in my area who does something like this. He has an FFL and charges $15 to do background checks in his living room. At $5 profit per transfer, his license probably pays for itself and he gets to order firearms straight to his door at dealer discount prices.
>>
This wouldn't be a thing if the unconstitutional ffl requirement didnt exist.
>>
>>33767885
That....that is no where near what supply and demand is referring to. Is this a troll post or are you actually retarded?
>>
>>33767887
Kitchen table FFL's are a pretty awesome thing. Couple years back the ATF tried to crack down on them, added some extra hoops to jump through to get an FFL. Make sure you tell that guy thank you and maybe buy him some beers. Those are going to go away in the next five years or so.
>>
>>33767933
>tfw don't have a kitchen table ffl but get free ffl's from employer
>tfw /pol/tard complains about a $10 fee from his FFL
I always thought kitchen table FFL's were put out of business by mom's demand action, not butthurt dipshits that don't understand the 4473 process.
>>
>>33767274

duh try a different store ?

here some places charge $20 others $35
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.