[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Browning Hi-Power

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11

File: browning hi power.jpg (13KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
browning hi power.jpg
13KB, 275x183px
So, since this is the gun section, i thought i'd come forward with something a little unique, something you don't see around every day.
The Browning Hi Power is a single-action, semi-automatic handgun available in 9mm and .40 S&W calibers. It is based on a design by American firearms inventor John Browning, and completed by Dieudonné Saive at Fabrique Nationale (FN) of Herstal, Belgium. Browning died in 1926, several years before the design was finalized. The Hi-Power is one of the most widely used military pistols in history,[3] having been used by the armed forces of over 50 countries.[1]

The Hi Power name alludes to the 13-round magazine capacity, almost twice that of contemporary designs such as the Luger or Colt M1911. The pistol is often referred to as an HP (for "Hi-Power" or "High-Power")[4] or as a GP (for the French term, "Grande Puissance"). The terms P-35 and HP-35 are also used, based on the introduction of the pistol in 1935. It is most often called the "Hi Power", even in Belgium. Other names include BAP (Browning Automatic Pistol), particularly in Irish Army service, or BHP (Browning High-Power). copied straight from wikipedia
>>
How many fedoras do you own?
>>
File: CZC hipower.jpg (123KB, 960x669px) Image search: [Google]
CZC hipower.jpg
123KB, 960x669px
>>33762819
The best Hi-Powers are CZs
>>
>>33763150
CZ 75 is a Hi-Power clone.
>>
>>33763399
I think you may have missed the point, grandpa.
>>
>>33763150
HERESY
>>
>>33762819
Highpowers are pretty sexy
WW2 Rating(erotic guns):
1.P38
2.HP
2.Webley
3.C96 Schnellfeuer
4.Luger
5.M1911
>>
>>33762819
Peanut Butter !
>>
>>33762819
What a garbage thread for a good gun.
>>
File: 20170124_152544-1.jpg (2MB, 2143x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170124_152544-1.jpg
2MB, 2143x1440px
Weird thread, but I'll post mine. Nazi-occupied Belgian WaA140.
>>
>>33763150
In that it's a metal tilting barrel hammer fired double stack. That's it. So I guess the 5906 and P226 are clones as well.
>>
File: hh.jpg (568KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
hh.jpg
568KB, 3264x2448px
>>
File: 05(2).jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
05(2).jpg
36KB, 640x480px
We have threads on the HP a couple times a month. Nobody mentions the FM guns, the Novaks, the C&Ss, the HRT or the Garthwaite HPs though since they aren't israeli surplus.
>>
>>33765072
The CZ is almost literally high power mark 2
The ergo's and design philosophy are literally
>What if we made a high power
>But made it less old
>>
Widely used by Rhodesian military
>>
>>33765142
>The CZ is almost literally high power mark 2
Except the current iteration of the hi power is literally named the Mark 3.
>>
>>33765346
You know what I meant you autist
>>
>>33765360
I mean, its a shitty argument and you made it shittily.

Considering almost every modern handgun using a browning lockup and tilting linkless barrel you cant say its old.

Slapping a DA trigger and overbuilding the frame to make up for shitty metallurgy and QC dosent make it any better in the CZ either.
>>
>>33765124
Gosh I want an FM Detective model. Do they still make them?

And what about the HRT? Did they use special Hi Powers? I knew they used them, I thought they just had stock HPs.
>>
File: refinished belgian hp.png (134KB, 959x258px) Image search: [Google]
refinished belgian hp.png
134KB, 959x258px
is it worth it?
>>
What are some good places to shop for surplus hi powers?
>>
>>33765745
FN Browning makes one with that grip and an epoxy finish that looks more or less like that. But the polished blued one with the walnut grips is sooooo much prettier, plus that grip is kind of uncomfortable, at least it was for me.
>>
>>33765420
Thank you, I have never understood this line that gets parroted in *every single damn* Hi Power thread ever
>CZ is just a modern/updated Hi Power!

What exactly do they mean by that? What specifically was changed?

Double action? Most folks agree that mostly comes down to preference.
Inverted rails? So why doesn't the Glock, or any other "new" design, have inverted rails?

I swear I'm not a hater, I like CZs honestly, but I just *do not* understand this memery that the Hi Power is just vaguely "too old" or "out dated".

If you want to make that argument, go whole hog and say that metal-framed, hammer-fired pistols altogether are outdated/outclassed by poly striker pistols.
>>
>>33765765

Fuck man, I would. But I don't know what these usually go for.
>>
>>33765850
too fucking much normally

fuck Browning for making me pay 1k for their sexy-ass Hi Power Standards
>>
>>33762819

I picked up an Argentine Hi Power from "FM" years ago and loved shooting that gun. I just got stupid and bored and traded it and when I went to get another one I found it to be a complete piece of shit. Turned out the first one I had was a good one and I've never been able to find another.

Really miss that gun.
>>
>>33762819
>So, since this is the gun section, i thought i'd come forward with something a little unique, something you don't see around every day.
>Browning HP
Are you fucking kidding me? Do you also make threads on /o/ about the super obscure Honda Civic? Or threads on /mu/ about the unknown underground band Maroon 5?
>>
>>33765803
The Detective model by FM (Argentina) was a "Commander style" Hi Power clone with a short barrel and slide.

I think they were still made/imported as recently as the late 90's/early aughts but I don't know if they still are.

I wish to God FN-Herstal made them like that.

FN does know how to do an awesome bluing job.
>>
Just picked a pristine Belgian Hi-power with its original box, tools and mags for 580€. Feels good to be European sometimes.
>>
>>33765800
Oh man, thank you anon. I have had a shit fucking day but this really made me smile.
>>
>>33765142
The cz is a heavy as shit fat ass gun with a comically tiny slide with the shittest grooves ro rack with. Goodaym8
>>
>>33765765
>>33765850

No, gunbroker. Cdi sales. Thank me later faggots. They have some with their wear and some that have been refinished, that shit is probably parked which looks kinda shit. Buy a decent one and have it reblued .
>>
>>33767396
I don't get the people that bitch and whine about CZ75's et al being too hard to rack the slide. I wonder if it's related to the people that feel the need to stipple the shit out of every inch of plastic on their guns. Do these people secrete butter or something? I've never had a grip issue on a frame or slide in my life.
>>
>>33765008
Those wobbly serials are triggering me
>>
File: IMG_2177.jpg (46KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2177.jpg
46KB, 400x400px
So this is "high power" 9mm pistol?

That sounds dangerous!

I've heard it's the preferred weapon of Nazis everywhere.
>>
File: top aesthetic blued pistols.jpg (36KB, 585x482px) Image search: [Google]
top aesthetic blued pistols.jpg
36KB, 585x482px
>>33764525
I'd agree with that ranking, the Radom Vis' rear end is kind of an eyesore.

Why are current production HPs so fucking expensive? They're about the price of a Springer or DW 1911 but with no where near the workmanship.
>>
redpill me
I'm stuck between c75b omega and Magnum research baby DE 3
>>
>>33765142
Except it's not. It's as much a clone as any "inspired by a true story" movie
>>
>>33765827
They're vaguely similar looking and the recoil so that's where it went out of control
>>
>>33767476
Neither have i. It can suck if you have sweaty palms but at worst all anyone has to do is clamp their hand over the slide and use the rear sights. It's a full size gun, the recoil strong isn't that heavy

>>33767547
Because FN is the only company still producing AND importing them and there isn't enough demand for them to lower the price or for competition to crop up. Plus it's a pretty basic SAO gun. The SFS was neat

>>33768208
Redpill you on something not related to this thread that you could actually look into on your own via dedicated forums
>>
>>33767476
It's because some people don't have manlet hands, and the shroud that covers half the slide leaves too little available for gripping
>>
>>33765800
Because your picture is funny as hell, go to Aimsurplus used guns section to find >>33765765 which may not be *amazing*, but isn't a fucking thousand dollars.
>>
>>33763150
>double-action/single-action
>inverted slide-rails
>no magazine disconnect
If the Cz75 is a Hi-Power clone then the Ruger P85 is a- oh wait, someone already made that comparison.

It's not a Hi-Power clone.
The FEG P9R is literally designed to have a Hi-Power aesthetic and it's not a Hi-Power clone.

>>33765251
And a substantial amount of NATO countries during the Cold War.
>>
>>33765765
Didn't someone buy a refurbed Israeli Hi-Power for $600 in "decent condition" and the bore was pitted to hell?
>>
>>33768547
I have big hands and it doesn't bother me.

But then I don't powerstroke any and all times I rack a slide.
>>
File: f22C1mC.png (3MB, 1304x1808px) Image search: [Google]
f22C1mC.png
3MB, 1304x1808px
>>33769551
one faggot bought one gun off of CDI sales and didnt look at the bore pic that CDI sales puts up with every gun and didnt look up what the NRA pistol ratings CDIsales uses actually means and then complained when the bore wasent good. If you dont look at the pictures you shouldnt complain you got a gun with pitting. Its called doing your reasearch before spending your money.
Play stupid games win stupid prizes

Meanwhile, I did l did look at the pictures, and got the gun on top for 375 from CDIsales on GB, perfect bore and everything else a year ago, (Cdisales had the overall as good and the bore as very good) and then a month ago I bought bottom pic that isnt surplus for ~590 for mach1arsenal on GB.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.