[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remington 870?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_2048.jpg (38KB, 432x591px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2048.jpg
38KB, 432x591px
So guy I have a question to ask, what's the deal with the new 870? I've been thinking about picking up one but I've looked around and people say the new ones are shit. I've always shot one of my fathers (870 wing master) and I have been wanting to pick one up of my own. I've always enjoy the platform and have never had a problem with the gun but I have some concerns, but if the new one are really as bad as I've heard I'll keep clear and try and find a old used one.
Also what the difference in the models?
>>
>>33762070
Not much difference besides aesthetics. Pawnshop a pre '08 one and you're set. I got a used marine magnum for $300. Check online for police trade ins too.
>>
Southern Ohio Gun
Has used police 870's
I bought two for around $270 each and they were immaculate
>>
File: IMG_2051.jpg (106KB, 800x732px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2051.jpg
106KB, 800x732px
>>33762092
>>33762362
Thanks guy I appreciate it, I'll look more into police trade ins. I'll just have to get a longer barrel since I'm a avid bird hunter/clay sporter
>>
What the hell is with all the shotgun threads lately? There's like 4 a day.
>>
The old wingmasters are fantastic. A new wingmaster will also be solid but Remington's QC has been in a steady decline. The real problem with the 870's are the basic and budget models. Most of the talent and effort is reserved for the expensive models and the Express went from a good budget choice to a POS.
>>
File: photo11.jpg (66KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
photo11.jpg
66KB, 1024x768px
>>33762070
Never, EVER get a new 870. Ever.

See that little piece of shit spring steel wire ejector? That little bitch is RIVETED to the receiver, and then the outside is ground flat before the finishing.

Oh yes little nigga. When you get that fucker home, it's COUNTDOWN TO FAILURE time, and when it does fail, you can enjoy having to drill out that old rivet, install a new one (with a new spring shit ejector that will also break), and then REFINISH THE OUTSIDE OF YOUR FUCKING RECIEVER WHERE YOU HAD TO DRILL IT OUT. And that bullshit is on EVERY NEW MADE 870, REGARDLESS OF GRADE.

Never. Ever. Ever. Get. A. New. Remington. 870. Period.
>>
File: remington870_extractor_mim.jpg (23KB, 400x271px) Image search: [Google]
remington870_extractor_mim.jpg
23KB, 400x271px
>>33765543
And that's just ONE of the problems with the new 870s. Don't even get me started on the Hot Wheels metal injection-molded extractors.

tl;dr - they break. to no one's suprise.
>>
File: CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS.jpg (278KB, 1200x721px) Image search: [Google]
CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS.jpg
278KB, 1200x721px
>>33765143
Scattergats are cool.
>>
>>33765543
You're assumption is based on the premise that one would bother drilling out and re-riveting the ejector.
Personally, if I ever had one break, I would drill a blind hole, tap it, and then affix the ejector with some binding or pan head machine screws. Then if it ever breaks again, just remove the screws and install the new ejector.
Maybe next time you could think outside the box a little bit.
>>
>>33765750
Or you could buy a mossman 500, which has dual ejectors that are beefier as well as being easier to replace.
>>
>>33765543
>>33765578
Do Maverick 88s and Mossberg 500s have better extractors?
>>
>>33765822
see>>33765785
>>
File: 870 a shit.png (1MB, 1023x580px) Image search: [Google]
870 a shit.png
1MB, 1023x580px
>>33765750
>I would drill a blind hole, tap it...
And you would have the old rivet fall out, leaving a hole in your reciever, which would have some random screw then sticking out... and even if you filed it flush there would be a big white-steel flag of your bubbadry for all to see. Even if you cold-blued the end, it would still stick out like a sore thumb.

If you want to think outside the box, it helps to know how the thing works to begin with.
>>
File: proportions.gif (66KB, 761x533px) Image search: [Google]
proportions.gif
66KB, 761x533px
>>33765843
>drill a blind hole in the existing rivet
Gosh, it's like you're trying to be a mechanical idiot.
You leave the rivet, you cut the extractor, you shorten the replacement, and you possibly mill away part of the guide before installing the screwed version.

And guess what sonny, a blind hole doesn't leave a "random screw sticking out", that is why it is a blind hole. See pic related; educate yourself.
>>
>>33765915
>I don't know how rivets work!
>Are they like, welded or something?
>This should work perfectly!

wewlad
>>
File: mechanics.jpg (214KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
mechanics.jpg
214KB, 1024x768px
>>33765989
Wow, each time you post, your comments get dumber and dumber.

If I don't drill out a rivet, then how will it fall out?

Since you are a mechanical idiot, here is a picture spelling it out for you with arrows and words. Try, even just a little, to not be a fucking retard.
>>
File: laughing at computer.gif (1MB, 295x255px) Image search: [Google]
laughing at computer.gif
1MB, 295x255px
>>33766071
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Please, PLEASE do this and post a pic of your work. /k/ hasn't had a good comedy thread in a while.
>>
>>33766071
oh wow you really dont want a working gun do you
>>
File: ejector.png (1MB, 922x692px) Image search: [Google]
ejector.png
1MB, 922x692px
While Anon is trying to figure out a way to remove his shitty broken spring ejector and modifuck a new one with screw and tap, I'll tell you all how to avoid a shitty 870:

Buy an OLD one.

How can you tell you have an old one?
Look at the ejector. Back when Remington was good, they used honest, straight steel ejectors. Yes, they were also riveted to the reciever. That's because they COULD be, because a straight steel ejector isn't going to snap or bend like the thin spring steel shit they're putting in there now.

You open an 870 and see this, buy it and you'll have a nice shotgun. Or you can be like Anon with his screws and taps and interminable replacement parts... and that's just his ejector.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.