[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Glock trigger is absolutely atrocious! Why would anybody

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: glock trigger.jpg (632KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
glock trigger.jpg
632KB, 3000x2000px
The Glock trigger is absolutely atrocious! Why would anybody who knows anything about shooting buy a gun with a trigger like that?
>>
>>33761459
Because it works.
>>
>>33761459
because its adequate enough. bitch all you want but if you cant learn to shoot a glock trigger you just suck.
>>
>>33761459
Maybe you andswered your own question.
See, Glawhk was the first center-fired gun I had my hands on, so the rubber trigger ment nothing to me, It was not an issue.
Actually, it was a problem for me to learn to shoot properly from normal, 2-stage triggers of other guns.
Off course, I now feel more safe & comfortable with normal triggers, but Glawkh trigger does not bother me.
>>
>>33761491
>>>33761459 (OP)
>Maybe you andswered your own question.
>See, Glawhk was the first center-fired gun I had my hands on, so the rubber trigger ment nothing to me, It was not an issue.
*Because I had no idea how triggers should work, I ment to say.
>>
>>33761482
A jalopy with piss poor steering, acceleration, and brakes that still manages to get down the road also works.
>>33761484
If you can't learn to run track with a 20 weight on your back, you just suck at running.
>>
>>33761459
>Why isn't the steering on a cheap utility truck as responsive as a fine sedan!

The Glock costs $80 in materials and is sold in bulk to institutions for $300-$350 along with free armorer's training. It's designed to fill police and military holsters with a rugged, easy to repair bullet thrower, not be a masterpiece of aesthetics and ergonomics. Civilian buyers that fall for it have only themselves to blame
>>
>>33761459
It has the best reset of any strker fired pistol
>>
>>33761523
Again it works, if you need a lot of extra bells and whistles to compensate for your own lack of skill that's on you.
>>
>>33761459
I am quite knowledgeable on firearms and a very experienced shooter, and I really like the glock trigger.
>>
There are waaaay worse triggers in other striker fired pistols. For me the Glock trigger is baseline for adequate
>>
>>33761622
wut no. It doesn't even have the best reset of striker fired pistols of roughly the same age and price point.
>>
>>33761713
t. Hickok45
>>
>trigger snobs
>>
>>33761622
Who cares? The trigger takes 6 pounds of force and has an inch of creep.
>>33761640
No, a good trigger doesn't compensate for lack of skill. Rather, a bad trigger is an impediment to skillful shooting. A bad trigger is an obstacle to be overcome.
>>33761813
And proud of it.
>>
Yes, it's bad. Guess what? I still love mine. It just werks.

Thank God I'm not shooting competition, huh?
Although that imaginary forcefield that stops me from buying other guns if you own a Glock is kind of annoying. Ohh wait, that doesn't exist...
>>
>>33761622
The Walther PPQ and CZ P10-C have much better trigger and reset.
>>
>>33761459

Because it werks and is fairly affordable.
>>
>>33761622
>hasnt fired p320 yet
>>
>>33761459
I own a Taurus Curve. Trust me. If I can use that trigger anything is perfectly fine.
>>
File: Hyper-Fire.jpg (469KB, 1652x1214px) Image search: [Google]
Hyper-Fire.jpg
469KB, 1652x1214px
On flywheel blasters, do you prefer a two-stage trigger like Buzz Bee does, or a separate priming trigger?
>>
>>33761459
Because they work and can easily be modified. It's been said here a thousand times, Glock is the Honda Civic of handguns. Anyway, the trigger is one of the cheapest parts to upgrade.

>why not just buy something that's perfect right out of the box?

Because I'm not an operator, I'm a hobbiest*, and Glock gives me something to futz with. Everything I buy gets compulsively torn down, upgraded, and put back together again. After it's perfect, boredom sets in and I move on to the next project.
*And on the spectrum, I'm sure.
>>
File: 1488016396365.jpg (28KB, 435x326px) Image search: [Google]
1488016396365.jpg
28KB, 435x326px
>WAGHHH
>I NEED A SUPER 3.5LB SUPER MCGUCCI INSTAGRAM SPECIAL TRIGGER ON MUH GLAWK
>OH IT BREAKS SO WIERD AND OHH
>OHH THE SERRATED TRIGGER IT'S MAKING ME YANK SHOTS LOW AND TO THE LEFT
>OHHH!!!! THIS IS H O R R I B L E

These are subtle hints indicating that you suck dick at shooting. God fucking damn, trigger snobs are absolutely pig fucking disgusting. If you want to whine about how Glock triggers are shit, stop using striker guns and actually use something like DA/SA. Oh wait, managing a 10lb double action pull is difficult for your suck ass self.
>>
I tried out a glock a few weeks ago and I don't see why people shit their pants about "bad trigger raaaaaah". The real problem with it is the factory sights.
>>
>>33763135
>Because I'm not an operator, I'm a hobbiest*, and Glock gives me something to futz with. Everything I buy gets compulsively torn down, upgraded, and put back together again. After it's perfect, boredom sets in and I move on to the next project.
That sounds like a tremendous waste of money compared to buying something that works WELL out of the box.
>>
>>33763196
I don't use striker fired guns, precisely because the triggers are uniformly bad. The only good triggers I have found on handguns are single action hammer fired.
>>
G26+
Shaved hump on trigger guard+
Stippled frame+
Ghost 3.5 connector+
Smooth face trigger+
Xs big dot sight+
Pmag 12 gl9=

Perfection (as a edc gun)
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.