[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

utah

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: utah.jpg (281KB, 1200x633px) Image search: [Google]
utah.jpg
281KB, 1200x633px
why are Mormons so good with firearms and firearms related technology (ie, ammunition)?

example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wW5KR1pDxs
>>
>>33757367
because they're not libtards in a hug box that expect the state to solve their problems

that plus for very good reasons, they were forcibly moved to the middle of nowhere. more than once.
>>
>>33757367
because they're white
>>
File: utah 2.jpg (267KB, 1024x678px) Image search: [Google]
utah 2.jpg
267KB, 1024x678px
>>33757379

the french are pretty good with firearms though and they're not white though
>>
>>33757367
I don't know if Cody is actually Mormon though.

That being said, I child have sworn he was sitting behind me one day at a red light.

I'll probably run into him at some point
>>
>>33757809

everyone in utah is mormon

that's the point of utah
>>
They're essentially a white American version of Israel. They will forcefully defend their cult-land if they have to
>>
>>33757367
Pretty sure Brigham and Co fought and won against the continental army following the civil war. They have a history of being the niggers of the West and having to defend their way of life.
>>
Because drinking coffee is a sin but shooting people to defend your god given right to have multiple wives is not
>>
>>33757907
I'm in Utah and not Mormon. At least i think I'm not Mormon...
>>
Dat boy needs mas agua. Looking a little dark. As for the KNO3 harvesting, gotta think more assembly line and less menial. Rucking gallon(s) of pee to a remote petri is fine when you have twenty rugrats with nothing to do all day, but for the rest of us...
>>
I keep trying to convince my girlfriend to move out there with me. We want to live in the country somewhere, and utah just seems so damn nice. I have an mech eng degree so I'm sure I could find work where ever.

Are mormons hard to deal with or do they mostly live and let live?
>>
>>33758139
If you live in Utah and are not a Mormon you will be treated as an untouchable. If you are a Mormon you gain instant networks and are treated as a first class citizen. If you are a Mormon, in any Mormon minority area outside of Utah you will be viewed with suspicion.

Do not move to Utah as a non-Mormon. I'd advise the northern part of Idaho instead.
>>
>>33758185
Thank you for your insight!
>>
>>33758139
Of all the mormons I know, couldn't say they're any harder to deal with than any other believer. That being said, possible they may have a militant strain like all the others...
>>
>>33758139
They're not hard to deal with, but as the other anon said, If you're not moron you probably won't get preference for anything. I'm in southern Idaho, which is basically northern Utah. They literally (tried to) move independence day because it fell on a sunday here.
>>
>>33758185
As a recent transplant to n Utah, I've not noticed hostile Mormon. The people here have been nothing but friendly and helpful.
>>
>>33758048
They're probably making you into a Mormon, and you just haven't noticed yet. Have you found yourself holding doors for people more often, and saying please and thank you a lot? That's how it starts. Before you know it, you're drinking milk instead of coffee, and the only alcohol in your prep stash is there for medicine and barter.
>>
>>33758594
I've always held doors for people. I've always said please and thank you. I'm drinking coffee right now, and I have a fridge full of beer and mead for personal consumption.
>>
>>33758139
They're nice people, decent folk. However, they are basically an independent nation that subtly resents the fact that they got conquered by the Fed and fully intends to survive that (like Dixie, but moreso, and with actual social cohesion.)

If you plan to have any family out there with land then at some point they may have to make the decision to either bend a knee to New Deseret or start walking.
>>
>>33757367
Their religion says they can't drink, have any coffee, or have sex outside of marriage, but they can shoot shit all day if they want. If you had those restrictions on your available ways to have fun, wouldn't you get really, *really* good at shooting?
>>
File: IMG_20170425_114833256.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170425_114833256.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33757367
Utah's pretty nice. I don't really get why people act like Mormons are some Illuminati tier cult that will burn a picture of Joseph Smith in your front lawn. The younger generation of Mormons seem way less stringent than older ones, like most religions. I've lived here close to a decade and nobody really cares if you're Mormon. If they ask just make up some shit. Other than that we do have a kick-ass air Force museum at Hill and the mountains look great in the spring/fall. Pic related, my window atm
>>
>>33757367
>>33759703
Also this anon, consider that Nutnfancy lives in Utah and is probably mormon.
>>
>>33757367
People have been making gunpowder from urine since medieval times.
>>
>>33758185
Do you drink alcohol? If yes, don't live in Mormonland.
>>
File: IMAG0067[1].jpg (2MB, 4208x2368px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0067[1].jpg
2MB, 4208x2368px
>>33759703
I'm loving it here. I certainly don't see my self going back where I came from. If I do leave, it will be to Northern Idaho or Montana.

Mormon's haven't bothered me either. No one has even asked me. They've all been friendly, and helpful. I've felt nothing but welcomed here in the Salt Lake valley.

>>33759752
I was pretty sure that Nutnfancy lived in Idaho, not Utah. He almost certainly is Mormon.
>>
Utah is actually surprisingly nice. LDS produces some of the warmest friendliest people I've ever met. it's also indredibly annoying. you pretty much cant leave your home without hearing directly or overhearing someone's life story about why they left the church. they all think they're so special but it's the same story every time. also because Mormons are so strict they rebel harder and drink and abuse drugs purely out of spite. I've heard stories about mormons getting special treatment in the workplace but I've never witnessed it. only stories.
>>33759703
my fiancé was raised in a Mormon-based polygamy cult and every once in a while you hear about a similar story so that stuff is still going on unfortunately.
>>
>>33757809
he's not mormon, he gets asked all the time
>>
File: Dry counties.gif (56KB, 624x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dry counties.gif
56KB, 624x400px
>>33759814
>Do you drink alcohol?
I wish this meme would end.
>>
>>33757367
They're the right kind of spergy for it
>>
>>33757377
The later bit is more true of natives. Mormons pretty muched ceased being an "opressed" people when they finally ditched polygamy.
>>
>>33760166
Utah is still pretty autistic when it comes to laws around alcohol but it's not like you can't go to the gas station and buy a 30 pack.

I remember I went with my sister once so she could get some beer, but they wanted to card me too just because I was with her, I wasn't even buying it. All we did was have her go in alone next time. They are like guns laws, who the fuck is gonna follow the stupid ones?
>>
>>33760166
wtf is going on in Georgia
>>
>>33760503
They basically gave a big middle finger to the ATF when asked for stats.
>>
>>33757377
Utahn here. Its because mormons are conservative AF, typical of christian societies. Dont forget John Moses Browning was a mormon.
>>
>>33760166
Makes sense. Most christian denominations view drunkness as bad, but booze as not verboten. This leads to texas tier shit where people vote to impose their morality on all.

As a strict sect with alcohol outright banned, I could see at worst some blue laws, maybe higher prices but generally if the sin is for unbelievers, they'll allow it pretty much untouched and deal with drinking mormons via the church itself.
>>
>>33758606
dude, we should hang out.
>>
>>33760166
This makes Ohio look shit tier for drinking. It's not. "partial restrictions" are on a voting precinct by precinct basis. If you are in a dry precinct, you can walk to a wet one.
>>
>>33760540
So, Christianity is worse than Shariah then.
>>
>>33761988
Exactly, that's why the US is a festering shit-hole and the entire middle east is a bastion of civilization and enlightenment.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.