[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bear Attacks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Bear Spray.jpg (156KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Bear Spray.jpg
156KB, 800x1200px
So unless you have a 10mm is it better to just use Bear Spray?

What if you have a .40, .45, or 9mm Glock brand Glock with da extendo? What would these do to a bear? Would bear spray do better?

I assume a rifle (or shotgun?) is the most effective, what caliburs would be the best? Could you use something compact like a Draco?
>>
>>33754248
.45 All Contacts Pacified should be more than enough to do the trick.
>>
>>33754248
Rule #1 applies for guns.
SHIT PLACEMENT.

Rifles? Hell, M855 will kill a bear dead as fuck, .308 7.62x54R .300 Win Mag just do it better. And 12g slugs work good too.
>>
>>33754299
*SHOT* GODDAMN NIGGER AUTOCORRECT EDITS SHIT AFTER I POST.
>>
>>33754299
Where should I place my shit anon? I usually just dig a hole 50+ feet away from my campsite.
>>
>>33754316
It edited shit into shot?
>>
>>33754299
>killing bears with tactical shit placement
Just what level of operating is this?
>>
>>33754327
Yep.
>>
>>33754321
>>33754636
>eat prunes.
>go to where Chad and his sluts are camped.
>SHIT EVERYWHERE.
>Bears smell shit, come and kill Chad.
>Fuck Chad.
>Bears go after pussy.
>Show up with nugget.
>remove Yogi.
>Girls see this.
>get gratitude pussy.
Get on my level anons.
>>
>>33754248
Pic related what happens when you try 2 whole cans of bear spray on the same bear.

Fucker had a grizz charge him from 60 meters and he chose bear spray, to no effect, he went to the fetal position and that might be the only thing that saved him. After the bear broke his arm, dislocated the other sliced and up the back of his head and back, it left. He got up and started walking 3 miles back to his car and the same bear stalked him and attacked him again. After another whole can of bear spray (Who carries 2 fucking cans of bear spray) it knocked him down again and fucked him up again.

The kicker is after the second attack he thought to use the scoped hunting revolver in a shoulder harness he had the entire fucking time, only to find it had gotten torn off during one of the 2 attacks.

What a massive fuckup.
>>
>>33754248

I am aware that the plural of anecdote is not data. However, there is that video of the guy who JUST got mauled, twice, after using bear spray and the bear giving literally zero fucks.

Here is how I see it. I could package my own piss in a can and call it Turbo Bear Repellant Super Extreme 1,000,000™ and who the fuck would call me out? I could make some videos like Cold Steel where I spray it on some actors who just scream and writhe on the ground shitting themselves, and who would really know the difference?

Even of you buy some legit shit who is to say the can isn't a bad batch? Or the pressure has leaked out? You have to have your fire extinguisher inspected every so often, is a fucking can of bear spray really that much more reliable than a fire extinguisher?

Whereas a firearm, I objectively know it will work. I can go out and test it hundreds of times and little bits of lead fly out very quickly. Even if you are the unluckiest fucker in history and have a misfire you can still rack, tap, bang. Of your can of bear spray does fuck all the bear will just mail you.

I'd rather have 9mm than nothing. Bears are still organic creatures, magdump into one and it might still be coming but at least you gave it more than a runny nose.
>>
>>33754837
see>>33754768
>>
Im no Hunter nor firearms expert but I don't think I'd trust my life against a bear with any caliber handgun. From what I've seen and read about bears, they are fucking monsters, alot harder to kill than people. From what I've also read is that handguns generally suck at killing people.
I'd probably tote around a semi auto x39 or x 51 in a rifle. Something that really packs a punch but you can get comfortable follow up shots with because bears are quick fuckers and theres no garuntee that the first shot will kill it unless you make it fall apart.
>>
>>33754837
Does he answer to the name of "Lucky"?
>>
File: 1474732184213.jpg (58KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1474732184213.jpg
58KB, 500x750px
>10mm
>.40, .45, or 9mm

Why don't you be a man and buy a revolver you can pass down to your son. buy .357 and up (.44 if you're going to be around lots of large animals) 4" barrel minimum.
Revolvers are also a lot cooler to open carry and they wont get other hikers as worked up as a HIGH CAPACITY ASSAULT Semi

regardless of caliber, you should use the bear spray first as a deterrent; have the gun on the ready but there's really no need to kill any animal on trails unless they pose an immediate and direct threat. but that's why bear spray exists and sells -- it generally works really well.
>>
>>33754248
Are we talking about black bears or brown bears? I wouldn't take anything short of a rifle into brown bear country, I've chased a black bear out of my yard with a shovel.
>>
>>33754248
You could squeeze off a couple rounds of .22 in the general direction of a bear and it would run away as fast as its fat legs could carry it. Bears are pussies.
>>
>>33755023
F U D D
U
D
D
>>
File: image.jpg (645KB, 1687x1241px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
645KB, 1687x1241px
I'll probably have bear spray and all but I'm still bringing these fuckers when I go up north.
>>
>>33755076
Instead of meme spouting have you stopped to consider that the man realizes that Firearms are like any other tool and that a certain tool might do better at a certain job then until that is not meant for it and that modern conventional handgun boolits are are more meant for man to man combat
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.