[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why in some pistols, the barrel is kinda tilted upwards?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 31194-1439683426.jpg (260KB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
31194-1439683426.jpg
260KB, 2656x1494px
Is this some sort of compensation for the arc the bullet does?
>>
What a horribly shit thread. SAGE.
>>
>>33753474
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/06/17/operating-mechanisms-201-tilting-barrel-locking/
>>
>>33753474
go to gunstore and ask mr. gunstore man to feel his guns
if you pass the speech check, begin pulling back slides and wiggling barrels until your question is solve.
>>
just in case you're actually retarded and not trolling, it's because most pistols use what is called a Browning action, wherein the barrel tilts as the slide reciprocates back. it doesn't compensate for anything ballistically, it's just how the mechanics work.
>>
>>33753474
because it uses a variation of the browning locked breech autoloading system.

see >>33753521
>>
>>33753534
>>33753550
That is true. The reason it tilts is to angle the chamber downward to make it easier for the round coming out the ammo to line up to and enter the chamber.
>>
>>33753814

This.
Don't worry, OP. Before I owned a handgun, I used to wonder the same thing.
>>
>>33753474
Because when John Moses Browning made his action he knew you faggots would aim low, so he went ahead and made the gun shoot high.
>>
>>33753485
Sage doesnt do anything you dumb fuck. What is it that you think it does?
>>
>>33753855
Found the newfag
>>
>>33753855
>>33753868
>t. newfags
>>
>>33753868
Yeah that will show me
>>
>>33753855
How new r u?
>>
it is a compensating system for the sights that are set so that you aim slightly down. the front sight is slightly higher than the rear sight, which makes you aim down, so the barrel points up slightly to compensate for that.
>>
>>33753814
>>33753828
>That is true. The reason it tilts is to angle the chamber downward to make it easier for the round coming out the ammo to line up to and enter the chamber.

No. All it does is unlock the action. That a moving barrel/chamber somehow makes it easier to feed cartridges is a stupid myth.
>>
>>33753890
>>33753878
>>33753868
Do you retards think its a downvote? It hasnt done anything for years. It used to not bump threads when you replied. Thats all it did.
>>
>>33753909
>Thats all it did.
that's what it still does. granted that doesn't mean anything other than getting closer to bump limit
>>
>>33753909
it still does
never hasn't
>>
File: IMG_0234.jpg (209KB, 638x477px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0234.jpg
209KB, 638x477px
>>33753909
It's a psychological downvote. If you receive too many you'll get butthurt and leave.
>>
>>33753964
unfortunately it's against the rules to say you're saging a thread
>>
>>33753983
Didn't even sage you bro
>>
File: IMG_2180.jpg (562KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2180.jpg
562KB, 1280x960px
>>33753474
Fun fact, this gun's barrel tilts upwards when the slide is back, too.
>>
>>33754004
oh I'm not OP I was just chiming in sorry
>>
>>33753909
>Do you retards think its a downvote?
This is what you call projection.
>>
>>33754020
how are you linking the RAMI anon?
Did you work on painting the front sight yet?
>>
>>33754200
Oh hey look I successfully summoned you.
Trigger return spring broke a couple weeks ago, stock replacements are nowhere to be found. So I had to get a reduced pull spring from Cajun; I don't like it as much, the trigger is awkward to use with even 2 pounds less resistance. But HEY at least I can fire more than 1 shot in a row now again. Also replaced the recoil spring since it was cheap from Cajun, did you ever do that?
And no I haven't gotten to the sight yet, I really should. I'm just bad at getting around to things I can live without (I mostly shoot at white targets at an indoor range).
>>
>>33754270
Sorry to hear about your troubles, no I never replaced the main spring. CZ doesn't offer retroactive support?
>>
>>33753909

It lets me call you and OP faggots without bumping OP's faggoty thread.
>>
>>33754361
I mean, they technically sell replacement return springs, but they're sold out with no ETA. Cajun carries two options — their own custom spring & the OEM one (sourced from CZ, so sold out too). The actual replacement was reasonably straightforward. And the main spring wasn't really necessary, but it did noticeably change how the gun handles.
So I'll just swap back in a stock trigger spring when I can get one and then everything will be gr8.
>>
>>33754444
honestly just buy multiple trigger return springs and expect them to break. its a weakpoint in the 75 design. even a stock ones going to shit itself
>>
>>33754444

Dang well I would have loved to hear that everything was gravy, but it sounds like you have a handle on everything.

Small parts failures are never fun, but at least it's just wear and tear stuff and not a real fatality.

What about the lighter cajun part makes it harder to control out of curiosity?
>>
>>33754556
My finger slips down and wedges against the bottom of the trigger just a little more, so it starts digging in after the first shot. I can't keep my finger properly positioned because the 2 lbs less resistance, or it least that's what it feels like. I'll either figure out a slightly different grip or just get used to it.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.