[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 39

File: UnsungDiligentIberianlynx.webm (484KB, 580x1080px) Image search: [Google]
UnsungDiligentIberianlynx.webm
484KB, 580x1080px
Old thread's nearing it's limit. Long live the new thread.

I made the mistake of firing my godfather's G19 Gen 2 side by side with my G19 Gen 4. The trigger on his gun feels a little shorter in takeup, noticeably lighter, and has a much shorter reset.

Is there anything I can do to my modern Block that makes the trigger that good? I mean apart from investing $150 in some tacticool trigger kit. All I really want to do is shorten the reset to the same point as a Gen 2.
>>
File: 1489634635539.png (942KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
1489634635539.png
942KB, 1334x750px
can anyone get an ID on this pistol?
it looks like a BB gun but I want to be sure
>>
>>33752069
P226 maybe

Could be one of sigs pellet pistols, they're almost identical
>>
File: 270351_02_browning_bdm_9mm_640.jpg (73KB, 640x489px) Image search: [Google]
270351_02_browning_bdm_9mm_640.jpg
73KB, 640x489px
>>33752069
Oh shit nigger is that a Browning BDM? Just saw one at Cabela's yesterday.

If that screenshot's from a show check IMFDB.
>>
>>33752061
>Is there anything I can do to my modern Block that makes the trigger that good?
yeah shoot it for a few decades to smooth everything else out.
>All I really want to do is shorten the reset to the same point as a Gen 2.
try other backstraps on your gun. changing where you finger sits will effect things. its not going to actually change the reset but will change the feel. think the medium backstrap mimics the grip size of the older glocks
>>
>>33752098
its from pic related, which I recommend. Very atmospheric and creepy

this is the only part where they show the gun and its seen for like half a second. I assumed it was a BDM but wasnt sure if they just used a bb gun as a stand in
>>
File: Sig_Sauer_P226.jpg (224KB, 2000x1237px) Image search: [Google]
Sig_Sauer_P226.jpg
224KB, 2000x1237px
>>33752088
>p226 maybe

are you fucking serious? Its most likely a BDM browning like that other anon said
>>
Is there a place where I can get novelty kilt pins?
I would like a gun kilt pin but don't know where to look
>>
I'm sure this question has been beat to hell but here goes. Quad rail, key mod, or m-lok?
>>
>>33753914
M-Lok
>>
>>33753938
From what I've seen of M-Lok, it's basically held on by a cam that turns 90 degrees. Any chance that recoil causes it to loosen itself?
>>
>>33753990
M-lok was recently evaluated by Crane and approved over keymod, with some gains over even picatinny. Don't be surprised if you start seeing mlok rails being issued to special forces. It is for certain good to go.
>>
>>33753990
That's what the thread locker is for.
>>
>>33753990
Partially >>33754052, which is to keep it from rattling apart. The other reason M-Lok isn't going to loosen under recoil is that it has support for the accessory on all sides, whereas keymod only really supports accessories in one direction.
>>
>>33752061
If his gun is stock, then it's probably just from firing a million rounds through it over the years.
Try a 25ยข trigger job.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XJxltxvAo4
Note: I do not endorse installing a speed hole connector; they have been known to break in half at the worst possible times and can also prevent the trigger from resetting reliably. They are competition-only shit.

>>33752219
>the medium backstrap mimics the grip size of the older glocks
Yes.
>>
two questions:
>1)
Recently bought a winchester 1897 made in 1907, searching online to see if it can handle modern ammo lead to a lot of people saying the chamber rand forcing cone are too short for modern star-crimped 2 3/4" shells and the crimp will extend into the bore, causing just enough of a pressure spike to slowly beat the gun to death.
The apparent solution to this is to have the chamber reamed slightly longer, and to have the forcing cone extended.
Is what I've read true, or is it fuddlore? I'd really like to be able to shoot it with cheap shells, but I don't want to damage the gun.

>2)
$550 for a ruger blackhawk in .357, with a 9mm cylinder to.
Is this a fair price?
Would this be okay for a first pistol?
It'd basically be a range toy and plinking gun, so being single-action doesn't count against it to me.
>>
>>33754557
>2
That's an acceptable price if it's in decent shape.
I'd question its utility as a first gun; .357 Magnum is a bit expensive and not the softest-shooting cartridge in the world, and .357-9mm conversions tend not to be especially accurate past a few yards, both of which will limit your enjoyment and the development of your handgun marksmanship skills.
>>
>>33754557
It depends. Very early '97's had the 2 9/16" 12 gauge chamber, but only the early ones. A 1907 doesn't.

Any shotgun gunsmith worth his salt will have a forcing cone reamer for 12 gauge. He can easily recut your forcing cone, which will make the gun recoil slightly less, and likely pattern better.

If you end up with a 2 9/16" chamber it can be recut as well. Not a problem.

A friend of mine used to buy '97 parts and piece together working shotguns out of them. He never recut the forcing cones, and shot 2 /34" magnum buckshot out of them. The fragility of '97's is overstated. It's a slightly klunky, but completely useful shotgun design. I'd own one, and I'd use one as a home defense piece without a worry.

I'd pick up a Norinco as well- that seems to work well once they're broken in.
>>
>>33754705
I mean, if I were gonna chop the barrel I'd use it for HD but since it's still on the original barrel and it's in surprisingly good shape fro being as old as it is I want to leave it original.
Besides, any gun I'd use for self defense I'd want to be something I wouldn't feel bad never seeing again.

And I'm just a bit paranoid about reaming the chamber/forcing cone because I was dumb enough to listen to a gun store clerk who implied it'd be absolutely fine and raming the chamber would be tantamount to turning it into a wallhanger ,but then again he insisted I meant reaming it out to take 3' shells despite me saying that wasn't the case.
>>
>>33754861
Leave the barrel length alone then.

You have to decide what you want: A shooter or a collector. There are lots of 97's out there still.

Don't listen to gunstore type(or internet gunsmiths, for that matter..). Call Coyote Cap and ask them about 97's. Nobody out there knows more about heavy-use 97's.
http://coyotecap.com/shotgun_work.htm
>>
>>33754949
>A shooter or a collector
That's ultimately where I'm torn.
Part of me wants to be as gnetle as I can with it because it's a beautiful antique, and by the time I have grandkids to pass it down to who knows how few will be left in decent shape, but part of me wants to make it my general purpose scattergun because a gun's purpose is to be shot and buying a gun for it to be a safe queen is stupid.
>>
are side charging AR uppers just a meme
>>
>>33755116
You're a meme.
>>
>>33755128
nou
>>
>>33752897
http://boldblades.com/html/kilt_pins.html
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gun-And-Gunbelt-P-Scottish-kilt-pin-Scarf-or-Brooch-pin-pewter-emblem-3-7-5-cm-/221887649596?
http://www.rainnea.com/custom-made-kilt-pins.htm
>>
>>33755116
They're great if you're in a shooting sport that involves single-feeding 80+gr bullets through the ejection port, but if you get one for normal use you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>33755211
Makes sense, thanks mate
>>
>>33752061
Anyone know of a gun in similar size and stopping power to the FK BRNO? every gun besides revolvers are to fucking small and make my hands cramp up
>>
>>33755259
Pistol* not gun. sorry tired asf
>>
>>33755211
Why? Left hand charging just makes more sense.
>>
>>33755259
giant autos? deagles, 44 automag
>>
>>33755259
buy something with replaceable grips then get large or thick grips.
>>
>>33755314
Anything with a nice length though?
>>
>>33755259

LAR Grizzly .44 Magnum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvDKtBc7ops

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LAR_Grizzly_Win_Mag

I'd go with a 10mm if I wanted a really hot semiauto pistol; but if you insist on something even more powerful here you go.
>>
>>33755341
Im in love thank you Anon.
>>
>>33755341

It also comes in .50 African Eliminator if .44 magnum isn't enough for you.
>>
>>33755351
I just came.
>>
Whats a good place to get some Scho ka kola in the states?
>>
File: WP_20170419_001.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170419_001.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
>>33755578
Varusteleka.com
>>
>>33755578
Varusteleka
https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/scho-ka-kola-100-g-tin-can-dark-10-pcs-box-red/21606
Yes, they're technically Finnish, but they do flat-rate shipping and have a lot of other cool stuff for your to pad out your order with if you like.
>>
>>33755656
>>33755674
Thanks
>>
>>33752219
I don't like the feel of his Gen 2 grip at all, I just want the short trigger reset. I've already played around with the backstraps and found the large one puts the pad of my finger right where it needs to be. Doesn't change he the reset, though.

>>33752219
>>33754506
I get back firing it a lot will smooth the trigger out more, but it won't shorten the reset. That's really all I want.
>>
File: 421099.jpg (67KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
421099.jpg
67KB, 880x660px
>>33755910
Install a NY1 trigger spring.
It only increases the trigger weight by 2.5 lbs and because it pushes the trigger bar up instead of pulling it down like the normal trigger spring does it'll push your finger out to/past the reset point after each shot, making the reset feel shorter.
It'll also make the trigger more consistent along its travel, with less stacking and no wall at the end.
It's only $2 and really easy to install; I highly recommend it.
>>
File: cartridge-comparison.jpg (116KB, 840x595px) Image search: [Google]
cartridge-comparison.jpg
116KB, 840x595px
>>33752061
Is 357 SIG a meme Round, or does it actually have some advantages over 9mm/40 S&W for practical self defense usage?

Is there any reason to consider it for a CCW?
>>
How do I do the standard kneeling position without feeling like my toes are on the verge of breaking? Am I fucking something up here, or is this just another downside to having size 15 feet?
>>
>>33756299
The prevailing theory is that the dramatic muzzle blast/flash associated with the .357 SIG enhances the likelihood of a psychologically-induced one-shot stop.
No law enforcement agency that's adopted the .357 SIG has switched to anything else, so it must be doing something right.
It guves you the same magazine capacity as .40 S&W in the same gun, and the recoil impulse is snappy but manageable, so if it floats your boat, go for it.
>>
What do soldiers do about cracking/popping joints when they're on a mission that requires them to be silent? I mean, it just can't be helped sometimes and they can be loud as fuck.
>>
>>33756597
probably the same thing snipers do about having the hiccups
>>
>>33752061

My AR won't feed correctly from Aluminum mags. I have 7 Aluminum D&H magazines filled with 30 rounds each. I've already tried loading down to 28 rounds per mag and it made no difference. I've tried racking the charging handle and letting and letting the bolt go and I've tried releasing the bolt after it was held open.

The first round never feeds correctly, it gets caught half way. In the event the round does feed, the bolt will not close all the way even when I try using the forward assist. The rounds won't extract either.

The BCG is just a regular milspec M16 BCG. I have no pmags to test with. Think this is a mag issue or is my rifle fucked in some way?
>>
>>33756872
Did you buy your AR, or build it?

>this is a mag issue
Usually; mags have always been the AR's biggest weakness.
It would definitely eliminate a variable if you got a good magazine like a PMAG or a Lancer AWM and tried it out.
>>
>>33756892

Built the lower, bought the upper.

This one actually, from these guys. It's not a brand name upper, it was built by whoever runs this site.

https://www.tntesales.com/m-16-4150-1-8-qpq-upper/

Faxon Firearms Barrel with m4 feed ramps, Matrix Aero upper receiver. Ammo is IMI M193 5.56x45.

This is my first AR and I'm pretty inexperienced with them. I'll try to get some Pmags or something to test with as well.
>>
>>33756872
Tighten your mag release. The magazines may be drooping slightly if they don't have a solid lock up, causing the bolt to catch the round too high and nosedive it below the chamber.
>>
>>33756937

Now that you mentioned it, there is quite a bit of play in the mags. I'll see if that helps, though the mags don't seem to be drooping and most of the rounds seem to be shoved too far upwards at and angle rather than down.
>>
>>33756892
>>33756937

Tried three of my mags after each full rotation of the Mag release and it made little difference. I even tightened it to the point that the little threaded pin hold it in place was jutting out of the mag release button itself.

I did notice that you were right about the drooping, it's barely noticeable but it makes a difference I suppose.

I'm chalking it up to bad mags at the moment, but if the Pmags I get have the same issue, I'm not sure where to go from there.

Lower receiver is from Spike's Tactical.
>>
Hunting related question. Wasn't sure whether to ask it here or in /sp/.

I'm writing a monster based small horror story. Characters are in an isolated place, your typical cabin in the woods setting. One of them mentions the monster is probably not real since people having been hunting in the area for decades (or more) and there was never a sighting, so it must be a myth.

Question: does it make sense for people to hunt around an area where people live (the cabin)? Or are hunting areas legally delimited and far apart from where people live?

Thanks
>>
>>33757284
depends if the lands private property or not. if its your land or you have permission rented the area you can hunt on it. if its public owned land where anyone can hunt theres not going to be a cabin on it.

if it was somebodies privately owned cabin everyone hunting near it would be trespassing
>>
>>33757314
I see. Thanks a lot
>>
>>33757035
If you tightened it up and your magazine is still drooping you probably have an out of spec magazine catch. Think about where the nose of the round would impact if it was two low and how this would push it. It will hit the feed ramp and try to rotate from tension in the bolt. The round will try to point straight up, being caught against the receiver. Either way, mags or gun, the bullets are too low when they're trying to chamber.
>>
I've heard heavier projectiles handle the transition from supersonic to subsonic better, which is why 175-178gr projectiles are better for .308.
Is this the cases?
If so, why do people use less than that projectile weight?
Could it be they don't intend to use it as far and just want the extra feet per second?
>>
>>33755189
Thank you
>>
>>33752061
Get an adjustable trigger block ($30 on lonewolf's website) a Glock brand 3.5 disconnect, a 6lbs trigger return spring, and a Glock brand smooth trigger from a gen 3($13.95 at midway), and then polish the shit out of everything with some mag polish and a dremel tool. Clean it and start dry firing it at least 100 times a day, and shoot it as much as possible. It'll clean up and be a lot like that gen 2.
>>
Just picked up a 229 and I'm curious, can I shoot hotter loads than +p? Is there any reason to want to? It's in 9mm if that matters
>>
File: Screenshot_20170424-124228.png (4MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170424-124228.png
4MB, 1440x2560px
Can anyone tell me what real gun is most similar to this?
>>
File: EAA Witness Hunter 10mm.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
EAA Witness Hunter 10mm.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Thoughts on the EAA Witness 10mm?

I've heard that Tanfoglio is a decent company and this seems to be the closest thing to a Bren 10 on the market today.
>>
File: Smith and Wesson 638 bodyguard.jpg (52KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Smith and Wesson 638 bodyguard.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
>>33758092

Yeah, that's a Smith and Wesson 638 colloquially known as the Bodyguard.

Tubbs used one in Miami Vice.
>>
>>33758108

If you're wondering the back of it looks like it does so that it partially shrouds the hammer so it won't snag on things when you're concealing things; but can still be manually cocked for a more precise single action trigger pull unlike a revolver with a completely shrouded hammer which can only be fired with a heavier double action trigger pull.
>>
>>33758092
The real gun most similar to it is the one in my mind.

You can't see it.
>>
>>33756299
One reason I like it is it's really good out of short barrels. Out of a 3.5" barrels like a Glock 33 it matches or beats a 2" snub .357 Mag revolver, with less recoil, flash, and noise. Even out of a full size pistol it's more powerful than 9mm, .45 Auto, and even .40 S&W. Recoil is not very pleasant not but it has great penetration in tissue and against barriers.
>>
File: 15315121_1.jpg (100KB, 1200x1046px) Image search: [Google]
15315121_1.jpg
100KB, 1200x1046px
>>33758092
>>33758108
It's an S&W style revolver with an exposed hammer with what looks like a Colt shroud over it. Old Colt revolvers had these as an option from the factory to make them functionally identical to S&W Bodyguard revolvers.
>>
>>33758157
>>33758108
Thanks guys. The fact that Tubbs used one makes it even cooler. Didn't know what the shroud was either.
>>
Where can I download/torrent the Ar/k/?
>>
>>33752061
how would a larping scutum made of fibre glass compare to the traditional wooden version weight and strength wise ?
Could 2 grown men bash into each other in a game of "shield wall sumo" without them breaking ?
>>
>>33758816

Lighter and very breakable, that's not what fiberglass is made for. Fiberglass also has a tendency to break into very sharp points.

A metal pole wrapped in something soft, like foam or duct tape would be a better idea.
>>
>>33758872
So making it from traditional larping materials would make a more durable then making it from fibreglass ?
Would using polycarbonate like in riot shields be hard to do ? Can normal people even get the materials required to mimic it ? I'd still cover it in foam but a sturdy foundation would be nice.
>>
>>33759061
Why not just make it out of wood like they did back in the day?
Surely something that ancient Romans could do would be easier than fucking around with polycarb.
How hard can it be?
>>
>>33759160
That could be, it's my understanding it's just plywood with a leather cover.

When I get some time I'll google some wood bending tricks from back in the day.
>>
>>33758663
plz help /k/
i was just going to get the do/k/ument but no one is seeding
>>
File: BernierWave.jpg (187KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
BernierWave.jpg
187KB, 2048x1152px
Hey all, I've been offered a job in Maryland (I'm from canuckistan) and I might take it, since my country is getting fucked by our drama teacher PM.

What are the fun laws like in Maryland? Obviously better than Ontario, but how do they stack up against the rest of the US?

Pic mostly unrelated. Last hope for Canada.
>>
File: pardini spe.jpg (197KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
pardini spe.jpg
197KB, 1000x750px
>browsing LGS
>see this ugly piece of shit

What the fuck is this thing and do I want it for $300?
>>
>>33759322
They're among the worst in the country.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Maryland
>>
>>33759338
Looks like an older model of
https://www.pardiniguns.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=1_8&products_id=945
$300 is a steal, if bullseye shooting interests you.
>>
>>33759338
Are you being silly? Accurate as hell, sweet grip, $300 is maybe 1/6th of actual value.
>>
Is there a pastebin for tactical lights for handguns in particular?
>>
>>33756649
... And that is?
>>
>>33759061
you can get polycarbonate rods but glass filled nylon rod is tougher. a solid piece of aluminum pipe is going to be plenty sturdy though.
>>
Why can't I find saami drawings for 5.7?
>>
>>33759746
classified
>>
>>33755982
This plus - disconnector is bretty nice. Makes a rolling tringer instead of 2 stage'ish.
>>
>>33759927
There's a CIP drawing on Wikipedia.
Is there a reason you want SAAMI specifically?
They should be practically identical.
>>
>>33759994
>Is there a reason you want SAAMI specifically?
Only place I knew where to get drawings from.
>>
>>33759532
https://pastebin.com/R6Hz3whk
>>
>>33760054
Heh
>>
>>33755116

I like mine
>>
>>33755289
Because in order to have a lefthand charging ar, you either need a lefthand ejecting ar to start with or you end up ruining the design of the ar.

Imagine drilling a hole through the piston heads in your car's engine. Sure you could do it in a way that basic functionality is maintained, but you have seriously compromised the performance of the engine.
>>
File: 200_s (1).gif (64KB, 412x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s (1).gif
64KB, 412x200px
>>33759340
That is a real fuckin bummer, man...

Had the opportunity to go work in Arizona 3 years back and didn't take it. Really regretting that now.
>>
Should I buy AR parts or a 10/22 this weekend
>>
>>33760316
If you don't have any semi-auto, then a 10/22.
If you already have a semi-auto and an ar, but no 10/22, then buy a 10/22.
If you already have a semi-auto and a 10/22, then buy ar parts.
>>
Hi guys, new shooter here. My SKS's gas piston is very tight in the gas tube. It's not stuck but I need to tap it with a hammer for it to move back and forth. It doesn't slide smoothly like in tutorial videos.

I plan to take it to the range for the first time tomorrow and don't want the gun to explode in my face should the piston refuse to budge from the gas. Should I be worried?
>>
what's the point of fox and coyote hunting? do people eat them or just get the skin for some reason or what? or do they just shoot them and leave them where they are?
>>
>>33761029
it won't explode, it just won't cycle, but it sounds like it's been improperly reassembled.
>>
>>33761500
They are overpopulated pests and taste like shit.
>>
>>33761029
Your gun won't blow up.
Many gas-operated guns have a setting that disables the piston entirely for launching rifle grenades.
The recoil might be a bit harsher than expected and it might not cycle, but it'll be totally safe.

>>33761500
They sell the skins, but it's mostly just about the pleasure of killing.
>>
>>33759990
That sounds nice, but doesn't the minus connector make the reset weaker?
>>
I want to get a .308 rifle for shooting targets and learning how to hunt. Is the ruger american a good bet and should I get an 18" or 22" barrel?
>>
>>33761666
NY1/- is a Glock-approved combo that Certified Glock Armorers are allowed to voice approval for, but some have reported issues w/ it.
That's one of the reasons I always shill for the NY1 alone (the other is that the - connector is $25).
The NY1's 8lb pull is basically the same as a shitty DA revolver trigger (which was, after all, the point) and is quite manageable by able-bodied shooters.
>>
>>33761756
Get a Sako 85, the shorter the better.
>>
Does anyone have the story of the homeless anon with the pt1911?
>>
why do so many people spray paint their guns? doesn't it decrease the resell value by a lot?
>>
>>33761928
>spray paint is permanent
>worrying about resale when you're most likely keeping it for life until you give it to your kid or a friends kid or get burried with it sarah connor style to help your grandchildren overthrow the machines
>>
>>33761948
i've seen videos where they sand the gun down before they paint it though. even if you get the paint off it's still all fucked up from the sandpaper. iraqveteran8888 did it to a gun with a $10000 scope on it
>>
>>33761982
That's cerakote. Duracoat you just spray on for shits and giggles and whenever you want to remove it grab a can of paint thinner. As for cerakoting, you can remove it and change the color too. Dumb people will always buy dumb shit (e.g. franken guns fucked with by bubba)
>>
>>33761756
The Ruger's fine. I'd go for the shorter barrel if you'll be carrying it all day, but make sure the stock fits you if it's a youth or a compact model.
>>
Wanna buy my gf a .22 to teach her fundamentals, what's the best route to go?
>>
>>33762559
Start by renting one so she can be underwhelmed and not care to put any more money into it. Beretta Neos is aesthetically pleasing and can do direct chamber loading.
>>
>>33762559
S&W M&P15-22, Ruger 10-22, S&W 617, depending on her interests (modern rifle/fudd rifle/handgun, respectively)
>>
>>33762559
Does she want to learn or are you teaching her because she should know.

If she wants to learn, take her to the store and help her pick her gun. Get home and show her how to break it down and put it back together. Have her do it and ask questions. Then just go shooting.

If you are teaching someone who doesn't really want to learn... get good ear protection, and a 10/22 and go out inna woods. Do some shooting have a picnic and go home. No ringing ears, no /k/ommandos mag dumping next to you, no negative associations at all. Just a good time in nature. Repeat, shoot at close targets to start, then keep moving the bar. Shooting a 22 at paper gets old quick, so maybe bring your favorite gun along and be impressed when she likes the more substantial feel of firing something bigger. Now, go back to the top of this post...
>>
Okay so I sighted in my iron sights at 50 yards with the small aperture on my Danial defense a1.5 rear. If I switch to the large aperture, what change will there be in poi? What about at short range like 25 yards in?
>>
Umm. Am I retarded? Why is it way easier to load my glock mag without the speed loader? What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>33762608
>>33762648
>>33762697
Thanks for the feedback. she's showed interest and enjoys it. just thinks guns are too heavy and didn't like shooting shotguns and my AR because of it. I'll take her to a place with rentals to have her try shit out.
>>
>>33762891
the large apeture is for night time. the darkness is heavier on the bullet and slows it down more than when theres light outside so if u shoot with the night time sight during daytime the bullet will land slightly higher than where u aim
>>
>>33763060
Come on dude be cereal.

I have heard that the impact would be lower, but how much lower is the question.

I heard somewhere that the 25/300 meter zero with the small aperture will become a 200 meter zero when you switch to the large aperture, but what will it be with a 50/200 yard zero with the small aperture when you switch to the large?
>>
>>33763166
Old military rifles shoot high as a rule. I can't answer your question though. Night time sites will probably lower the poi for obvious reasons if I had to guess.
>>
What's the best place to get custom grips? I just got a p938 and need to add pepe to fuel my tism
>>
>>33755116
If you don't care about full ambi they make the worse part of an AR good. Far easier and safer to manipulate
>>
>>33760185
What about right handed, reciprocating?
>>
Looking for a truck gun/general purpose carbine.

Can't decide between Tavor X95 or 11.5" AR pistol with shockwave.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>33764077
get a sawed off shotgun like the one on mad max
>>
>>33762891
Don't switch to the large aperture, it sucks.
Just use a weaponlight to illuminate your target and shoot with the normal aperture all the time.
>>
>>33764077
Stoeger coach gun and a belt-mounted 2-shell carrier such as https://www.midwayusa.com/product/558654 with slugs.
Legal in every state, superb stopping power on dangerous two- and four-legged animals, usable out to 150 yards, easy to use, reliable af.
>>
>>33764044
just get an AK or a SCAR you autist
>>
>>33762906
Glock mags are generally pretty easy to load by hand.
I only use the loading tool on the last round since it can be uncooperative sometimes.
>>
Redpill me on 6.5 Creedmoore. What's it good for, and why it over .308 or similar?
>>
What's the most effective gun for murdering police officers?
>>
>>33764883
I have to look this up. The last load is a bit of a bitch this is true but anything after the first seems impossible to load with the speed loader. I'm either doing something very wrong or I'm doing something wrong. I feel so retarded right now.
>>
>>33764907
It's good for having the same trajectory as .300 Win Mag but with less recoil and less gun weight because it works in .308 Win guns with just a barrel swap.
If you're shooting long range, that should be justification enough to go for it over .308, which is not actually very good for long-range precision work.
>>
File: IMG_3133.png (289KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3133.png
289KB, 1136x640px
>>33764910
You don't need a gun. You can do it by hand anon. I recommend you call 911 and practice a bit before you get the hang of it though.
>>
Why didn't the American 180 take off? In theory it sounds like a really good idea
>>
>>33764969
86 machine gun ban
>>
>>33764914
Put the loading tool on top of the magazine with the opening pointed forward.
Push the ammo in the mag down with the loading tool; it may be helpful to brace the magazine against a hard surface.
While holding the loading tool down, slide the next round into the space under the feed lips created by the loading tool.
Maintain rearward pressure on the round to be loaded while lifting the loading tool out of the way so the round slides into place.
Repeat.
>>
>>33764914
are you using 10 rounders? not glock 26 mags the 17/19 mags that are blocked to 10. those are a bitch to load compared to normal glock mags
>>
>>33764910
Glock 40 problem solver loaded with Black Talon cop killer bullets
>>
>>33764969
>>33764999
that and .22 doesn't burrow through armor in volume as intended.
>>
>>>33764999
>that and .22 doesn't burrow through armor in volume as intended.
Couldn't .22 be swapped for another small pistol round? .17 25 acp ect
>>
>>33764951
Thanks, I'm a handguns kind of guy shopping around for rifles, and I'm still learning what all I'm getting in to.
>>
>>33765153
>American 180 but in 5.7ร—28mm instead of .22LR
>Belgian 180, really
>>
File: 1491656174335.png (266KB, 701x783px) Image search: [Google]
1491656174335.png
266KB, 701x783px
>>33756373
Please respond
>>
>>33752300
That was a good fucking book
>>
>>33765399
Are you sure you're kneeling right? They have youtube videos that can help you with this. Are you sure you're wearing appropriate footwear? They have youtube videos that can help you with this.
>>
>>33765488
>>33765399
>99
>88
Nice
>>
>>33764741
I'm sure that it would be fine for a bump in the night though. Like do you really need the added precision when the target is down the hall? If it is half a second faster to get lined up wouldn't it be better?
>>
>>33765296
177 rounds of 5.7, gone in shear seconds.
Everything in front of you has lots of little holes that go very very deep
You pic up a second job for the new mortgage taken out of your house
>>
>>33754052
>mlok so ineffective you have to literally glue your shit to it so it doesn't fall off

No thanks, gonna "stick" with keymod on this one
>>
>>33765617
>firing at unknown targets in the dark
That's how you accidentally murder your wife, anon.
Positive target ID saves lives.
>>
>>33765488
Appropriate footwear?
I'm assuming I need like, actual boots
>>
>>33765707
Obviously you don't just shoot into the dark. I meant with proper illumination why not use the large aperture? It is definitely faster on target than the small one.
>>
>>33765818
It's probably marginally faster, but even at close range it's really hard to use effectively, and if you've got enough light to use the normal one anyway...
>>
does .308 have a lot of recoil? is it more than a 30-06?
>>
>>33766549
It has more than 5.56 and other intermediate cartridges, but on semi-auto any able-bodied person can handle it with good technique.
.308 is ballistically nigh-identical to M2 ball, but has less energy than modern .30-06 sporting ammunition.
>>
>>33766629
how many rounds could i expect to shoot before my shoulder gets tired? i'm looking for a bolt action for deer hunting and target shooting, and my dad said he bought a 30-06 for target shooting once and he couldn't do more than about 10 rounds before he was gritting his teeth
>>
>>33766685
Depends on how tight you hold it in your shoulder and how much of a pussy you are.
>>
How often should you change the follower springs in a regularly/continually charged magazine? Say, hypothetically, a G21.
>>
>>33766706
Never; springs wear out from repeated compression/decompression.
If they wore out from just being in one state for an extended period, you'd have to regularly change out the shocks in your car just from having it sit in your driveway.
>>
>>33766730

Interesting. I've read advice (I know, LOLinternetFunzExpertz) that says you should alternate magazines for a gun that sits at the ready for long periods.

Any idea how many compression/decompression cycles is a typical lifetime for a follower spring (a Glock in this case)?
>>
Why do so many gun folks have a strong dislike of plastic composite when it's good enough for power tools that get manhandled every day?
>>
>>33767156
because closet fudds
>>
>>33752061
Did anyone ever make a vertical foregrip for the hk91/g3? Specifically for wide handguards?
>>
Are glocks actually bad or is it just a meme? I've been looking for .45 pistols and kinda gravitating towards glock21
>>
File: photo 1 (1).jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
photo 1 (1).jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
would building a target rifle in 6.5 swede on a ross m10 action be worth it for the keks?
>>
I've always shot long guns with my face pressed up against the side of the stock and my buddy told me that he's never seen anyone do that before. Who's right here
>>
Does anyone know a good place to find a stainless barrel for an M9?
>>
>>33757411
Pls respond, I don't wanna fuck up my new gun. I didn't see anything in the manual about it
>>
>>33758098
Looked jnt tanfoglio a while back, I was thinking of getting a 9mm witness as a cheap cz clone ($330 at lgs) I heard the 10mm and .40s had issuses with the barrels not being able to take the pressure and cracking. Look into it a bit before you decide. Gun feels great in the hand though.
>>
>>33765772
Preferably something with a semisolid sole. So that instead of folding over with your toes and pinching them due to the soft sole (e.g. flip flops, tennis shoes, bare feet) folding over.
>>
Is http://www.geoffrey-kolbe.com/drag.htm any good?

And what would happen if you made a .223/5.56 case straightwalled and stuck a 9mm round in it?
>>
>>33768282
Don't do that.
+P+ isn't SAAMI-defined and your gun isn't designed for it.
Your gun probably won't explode, but component wear will be dramatically accelerated and your warranty will be void as fuck.
>>
>>33765475
Good movie too. Christopher Lloyd is excellent.
>>
>>33752061
Check your trigger bar. With the gen4 Glock put a dimple on it so it sits more centered on the firing pin block, but it also causes mechanical resistance with the trigger.

Sand off the dimple or replace the trigger bar.
>>
>>33767735
Glocks are lightweight, accurate, and reliable.
They're also ubiquitous and easy to do armorer-level work on, so if you have a problem you can typically google it and fix it yourself instead of sending it back the the factory for weeks.
Finally, they maintain resale value well, so if you decide you don't like it, you'll typically be able to sell it for very nearly what you paid for it originally.
>>
>>33768936
Thanks m8. I figured it wasn't a great idea, but some people make a big deal about being able to do it.
>>
How many people here have weapon lights on their carry guns? How do you like it? For those of you who don't use em do you carry a flashlight? What are some good techniques for holding a handgun and flashlight at the same time?
>>
>>33769040
Or maybe don't modify your gun to make it less safe and just learn to live with a slightly worse trigger.
>>
>>33768203
Do whatever makes you the most accurate
>>
>>33753990
It also has recoil lugs, so no.
>>
>>33757284
Most places have a minimum distance you have to be from occupied dwellings/roads to shoot, but it's short (100-300 yards most places, as short as 50 feet in a few, not miles and miles). If it's your own land you can do whatever up to and including shooting from inside.

So yeah, makes sense.
>>
I tried making a thread about this yesterday, but nobody answered and I figured that I should just wait for one of these to come along to ask.

Has anyone here fired a .460 Rowland handgun? Is it worth the few hundred dollars for the conversion kit and the cost of ammunition? I'm considering buying some handgun and getting a conversion kit for it, because the idea of .44 magnum power in an automatic is wonderful to me.
>>
File: IMG_0338.jpg (283KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0338.jpg
283KB, 1440x1080px
>>33769200
I've never had to draw on somebody, but I like the idea of being able to handle my weapon normally while having illumination options.
It's a little extra weight, but if you're already carrying a gun big enough to accommodate a weaponlight, you're obviously not one of those people who just HAS to have the smallest, lightest carry gun possible, and with a polymer service auto like a Glock 19 you're still talking about a system that weighs less loaded than a 1911 does empty.
I carry a flashlight (Surefire P2X Intellibeam) in addition to my weaponlight, because there are many occasions where I need to see in the dark but pulling out my gun would be inappropriate.
>>
>>33769428
Awesome, thanks for the detailed reply amigo. Which weapon light would you recommend?
>>
File: IMG_20170426_130437.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170426_130437.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
Holy shit. Why do they actually make these?
>>
Does anyone here use those dental pick tools for gun cleaning? Could anyone recommend a good place to get em? Just bought an Otis kit that's supposed to be good for everything from .17 to .50 cal but it didn't have anything like that
>>
>>33769666
I like the Surefire X300U-B because it's push for momentary and up/down for constant on both sides and because it's anecdotally tougher and more reliable than its competitors.
People complain about how expensive it is, but hey, buy once cry once.
>>
>>33770113
Dental picks are for your teeth.
No gun needs to be that clean unless it's being inspected by your drill instructor or unit armorer.
https://www.amazon.com/Prepared-Threaders-Toothpicks-Instruments-Stainless/dp/B01ACOE0KE
>>
>>33770264
Sounds solid. I just picked up a 229 legion so I suppose I could get the one from the legion store, though it's probably more expensive than a regular one
>>
>>33770113
Wal-Mart, Ebay, the Internet.
>>
>>33770290
So I should be fine with just the stuff in the kit?
>>
>>33770290
>no guns need to be that clean
Everyone south of the Mason-Dixon says "Hi"
>>
>>33770297
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/637859
They're on sale for $225 at MidwayUSA right now.
Does the Legion one have special markings or something?
Accessorizing is fine if it makes you feel good about your gun.
>>
>>33770312
Yes.
>>
>>33770374
It's got the legion symbol on it but I don't think that makes it worth the extra 75 bones honestly.
>>
>>33770390
Cool beans, thanks man.
>>
are there any advantages of a single blade edc knife like the buck 110 over a triple blade knife like the case xx?
>>
>>33770610
Depends on what you use it for. Most trapper knives have a skinning blade that you'll probably, no, that you'll never use.
>>
Im gonna throw Talon grips on my LCP that I occasionally pocket carry.

Do you like the rubber or the skateboard griptape ones better?
Ive never felt them up and really cant decide.
>>
What does it mean when a bullet is ยซbondedยป?
>>
>>33770753
Takes about 5 seconds in google. Have fun.
>>
>>33770753
It means its an old shitty HP technology
>>
>>33761500
Fox is probably different, but in AZ in a lot of areas there's a big overpopulation of coyotes.

Currently where I live there are almost zero rabbits because coyotes are so rampant. You'll hear packs of like 35+ howling. I used to live in the mountains of AZ growing up, and we had nowhere near as many coyotes and rabbits and a lot of other critters all over the place.

Every year since I've moved to the Phoenix area I've noticed more and more coyotes. It wasn't even uncommon to see them like walking along the side walk a solid 10 miles from any desert terrain and skulking around people's 'yards' between visiting different golf courses at nights.
>>
Should I Consider getting a T/C Contender g2 pistol? Looks interesting, and pretty handy.
>>
>>33771089
my dad has one with a rifle stock and a short heavy barrel. it's pretty cool
>>
File: IMG_5679.jpg (27KB, 682x383px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5679.jpg
27KB, 682x383px
What is a fair price for a Lee Enfield in very good condition in the New England area.

I hear they are cheep in other places and countries but wanna buy local.
>>
how much improvement to accuracy and precision will putting a moist nuggest into an archangel stock?
>>
>>33772053
none
>>
>>33772053
It will not affect the mechanical accuracy as it's not free float, but if it feels better in your hands then you might get better shot groupings, or you might not.
>>
Is the hi point c9 really that bad of a handgun? Just want the cheapest thing to carry at work, I'm not a queer that complains about the weight of a weapon. I know the c9 has a heavy as fuck slide, and I think I would like that.

Why do the rounds tend to nose dive with this gun? Shit magazines?
>>
>>33772125
it's a meme dude the hi point is one of the most reliable guns you can get. check out the torture tests on military arms channel and iraqveteran8888. it beat the sig p226 and glock and tons of other way more expensive guns
>>
Is a mosin actually worth buying at current prices? I want a bolt-action, preferably one with history, so
>>
>>33772347
You can often find Swiss 1911 rifles and carbines for similar money, which are (obviously) dramatically nicer than the garbage rod.
>>
>>33767311
nope, you need some rails, then you can mount a $75 hk vfg.

>>33768203
cheek weld is pretty standard.

>>33768219
dunno about good, but in stock
http://www.capitolarmory.com/silencerco-beretta-92fs-m9-threaded-barrel.html

>>33768803
something like a .300 whisper i imagine

>>33769998
you know who buys them
>>
>>33772125
They're better than you'd expect, but worse than you'd hope.
The magazines are incredibly finicky and need constant TLC to keep them from causing all manner of malfunctions.
The gun is far heavier than it has any right to be because it's a straight blowback 9mm.
Disassembly for cleaning requires use of tools, which anyone with sense will find unacceptable.
The slide is made of pot metal and can be cut with a knife and will break if you shoot too much +P ammo.
The sights and trigger are bad and there's no good way to fix them because for the price of a C9 and literally any accessory you could buy an actually good gun.
Speaking of which, there are a variety of mediocre-but-functional guns that only cost a hundred or so more than a C9, so unless you literally cannot save up for something better because you only have $100 and your abusive ex-boyfriend is going to try and murder you tomorrow, you should save up for something better, like a SCCY or a Makarov.
>>
File: 1491788666658.jpg (44KB, 613x635px) Image search: [Google]
1491788666658.jpg
44KB, 613x635px
Alright guys, I need some advice.

I ordered a stainless Mark IV almost a month and a half ago at this point and it still hasn't shipped. Needless to say I'm getting more than a little impatient.

I'm also seeing that Browning has 10% off rebate coupons on buckmark pistols right now.

Am I better off just cancelling the Ruger and buying a Browning for almost half the price? I want to go fucking shoot, I've missed so many nice days out at the range because this fucking gun still hasn't shipped, and every time I call I get the runaround on why it hasn't shipped yet. They haven't charged my card yet so if I absolutely had to I could just have my bank refuse any charge from the retailer.

My other problem is I already have 3 magazines for the ruger that I ordered from another retailer when I ordered the gun, thinking I'd get them both around the same time. Buckmark mags are almost twice the price of Ruger ones, so that kind of eats into the savings a little bit.
>>
>>33773390
Cancel the Ruger and buy it from someone else; your gunstore sucks.
>>
>>33773428
That's an option too, but these guys already have an FFL I like on file, which is why I originally went to them. Stupid reason I know, but whatever. Now at this point I think I'm going to ask for them to knock a little bit off the price or something because it's getting ridiculous. Looking around I'm already finding identical mark ivs for less.

You would stick with the ruger over the browning though?
>>
>>33773443
By all accounts it's a very good gun, while the Buckmark has always seemed like a bit of an also-ran to me.
>>
File: 1488157346651.png (280KB, 1111x1648px) Image search: [Google]
1488157346651.png
280KB, 1111x1648px
So theres a guy in my area selling an HK USC 45 carbine for $1799. Is this a decent deal? Should i pounce on this?
>>
New shooter here, how often do I have to clean my gun if I'm not shooting corrosive? Can I go one or two shooting sessions without cleaning?
>>
>>33773881
That's pretty good; they typically go for ~$2000.
>>
>>33773949
Basically never; you can do it every few thousand rounds if you want to or if your gun starts having function issues.
.22LRs should be cleaned a bit more often since the ammo typically runs a lot dirtier.
In general it's more important to keep guns lubricated than clean.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 274x184px
Yeah? I cant seem to locate any on gunbroker to compare, and to be quite frank, ive never even heard of them.
>>
>>33774003
If you're the USC guy:
https://gunwatcher.com/hk-usc-for-sale-in-stock/guns-best-price-link
The USC is the castrated-for-export-to-lowly-civilians version of the UMP.
Be advised that once you get it you'll face constant temptation to spend $$$$ to get it converted to UMP-spec.
http://www.hdps.org/htm/5-3-1.htm
>>
>>33773881
what girl is this
>>
If I wanna go about owning a SBR, where should I go to register and get my tax stamp for it?
>>
how much money would i be looking at to set up a little range in my back yard like hickok45's
>>
>>33775391
atf.gov
>>
>>33775441
https://www.challengetargets.com/SFNT.html
$$$-$$$$$, depending on how nuts you want to go
>>
Alright, I've run into some trouble, not with the law or anything but with my own life, I got accepted into the engineering school I always wanted to but because of my own stupidity can not afford it. I was going to get loans but my step mother refuses to assist me in any of the process because she says I'm not her responsibility, legally or otherwise. My father wants to help but can only do so much. Because I am probably not going to college I have to get a full time job (or else my stepmother will kick me out), this isn't really a problem but I would have to live at home and that is a problem, I don't want to live with her. I know gun smithing, mechanical engineering and electronic engineering as I elected to go to a trade school for high school so I have a bit of useful knowledge.

I want to leave for another state, preferably one that's gun friendly as I am a gun owner and one with industry. It also would be nice if it was a warm place too as I don't handle cold well.

I can't join the military because I'm too underweight and have history of self harm.

I'm 18 and only have a bike and $1000.

Any advice for course of action?
>>
>>33775790
>I know gun smithing, mechanical engineering and electronic engineering
build a gun-toting robot to rob banks for you
>>
File: IMG_5698.jpg (88KB, 750x587px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5698.jpg
88KB, 750x587px
>>33775790
Crap, forgot location.
>>
>>33775807
https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=%28%22mechanical+engineer%22+OR+%22mechanical+engineering%22+OR+%22bsme%22+OR+%22msme%22+OR+%22electronics+engineer%22+OR+%22electronics+engineering%22+OR+%22electronic+engineer%22+OR+%22electronic+engineering%22%29&l=vermont
>>
>>33775790
move to mississippi, alabama, or tennessee and join a church. tell them your predicament and ask if they know of any jobs in the area. they'll find you something even if it's just odd jobs
>>
>>33775870
Just because I know things on a subject doesn't mean shit without a degree. Thanks for the information at least.
>>
>>33775960
I think they have churches in Vermont, too.
>>
>>33775967
yea but it's cold there and not gun friendly or a different state which is what you wanted
>>
>>33775960
That's an acceptable idea, thanks anon, I know at least God has care for me.
>>
>>33772347
Mosins suck dick.

The only reason the garbage rods were fun was because you could get the gun and a thousand rounds for 200 bucks.

If you're set on historical bolt guns get a Mauser 98k; it's the only one worth a fuck in modern context.
>>
>>33775986
When did Vermont stop being gun-friendly?
>>
>>33775962
lie about having a degree
engineering can't be that hard, you can figure it out on the job
>>
>>33776216
That's worth a try too, but really risky, in the old days that was possible because computers weren't everywhere and things don't follow you until death like they do now. My problem is that there is still a lot I have to learn, I was told that completing a trade at the school was equivalent to about 2 years of college, which is half of what is needed to get the degree, and that is just for courses related to the major, not math, science, and English. (Although it looks like I'll be able to skip a few semesters of calculus and english because of high AP test scores)
>>
>>33752061
good starting pistol to get into shooting with the family with?
>>
File: ejector collar stop pin.jpg (34KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
ejector collar stop pin.jpg
34KB, 500x375px
Will parts off a Browning 92 work in a pre64 Win 92?
>>
>>33776313
ruger mk iii/iv
>>
are the firing pins from a russian and chinese sks interchangeable?
>>
>>33776313
S&W 617
Not having to care about duds and underpowered ammo is godlike; I can't even imagine buying a .22LR semi-auto handgun.
>>
>>33776313
.44 magum.

oh WITH the family? go for a .22
>>
there's a winchester model 70 lightweight .308 at my lgs for a little under $500. anyone know anything about these guns? from what i understand they were only made from 1984 to the early 90s and have a push feed action. is it worth it or should i just get a tikka t3 or something?
>>
>>33776583
Push feed gets memed on a lot because it's not as reliable as controlled feed, but that only really matters if you're hunting dangerous game while hanging upside-down.
Some Models 70 are push-feed, some aren't, depending on when they were made.
You should get the T3 regardless because they're very well-made and feature-rich and generally blow out of the water older bolt guns that you can get used at that price point.
>>
File: picture1.jpg (25KB, 640x160px) Image search: [Google]
picture1.jpg
25KB, 640x160px
>>33776726
thanks. i just liked it because it had a wood stock and most of the other guns in my price range come with synthetic
>>
File: Screenshot_20170427-104344.png (106KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170427-104344.png
106KB, 1080x1920px
Which one first?
>>
>>33779749
Trump isn't going to repeal the NFA, so the Sterling SMG and Stinger are only going to increase in value, and the Sterling will be a lot more fun.
>>
>>33779772
Stinger is non NFA brosef
>>
>>33779934
Must've gotten it confused with the kind of pen gun that can be fired while it still looks like a pen.
Also, even if it were the AOW kind of pen gun, the registry for those is open, so they don't appreciate like machine guns do.
Doesn't actually change anything, though; if >>33779749 is looking for a range toy the Sterling SMG is the best option.
>>
>>33779772
Sterling would be semi, closed bolt conversion by wiselite. Can't or rather don't want to afford a MG. Would be SBRing it though.
>>
>>33758092
nice cropping you fucking tool
>>
File: zt3Aw98.jpg (197KB, 1500x503px) Image search: [Google]
zt3Aw98.jpg
197KB, 1500x503px
>>33780108
Gross. CX4 it is, then.
>>
>>33772347
>preferably one with history
Buy the gun, not the story.
>>
>>33780192
Would a Cx4 w/o stock handle like an obnoxiously long handgun?
>>
>>33780192
>liking battlestar over star wars
To each their own.
>>
>>33780212
Can't see any reason why not.

>>33780214
n.b. >>33780199
>>
>>33780199
That's shitty advice. Some people like the story.
>>
File: IMG_6730.jpg (44KB, 768x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6730.jpg
44KB, 768x700px
>>33780289
how'd you like Hitler's personal PPK that he offed himself with?
a steal at $10,000, just for you, my friend
>>
>>33780991
If that were certified and actually true, hell yes I'd buy it.
>>
File: SavageHH_01 (1).jpg (103KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
SavageHH_01 (1).jpg
103KB, 900x675px
i want a cheapish sniper rifle/dmr type bolt action to fuck around with. is the savage hog hunter any good and is there a gun with similar features that has a detachable box magazine and a longer barrel?
>>
>>33782201
Any current-production bolt gun that costs at least $500 will meet your needs.
>>
>>33782251
i was hoping to find one that came with a threaded heavy barrel and a 10 round detachable box magazine.

just did some googling and found the savage model 10 FCP-SR comes with that so i will probably go with it
>>
>>33782685
>10 FCP-SR
>24" bbl
That thing's gonna be a totally unwieldy fencepost when you put a can on it.
Might as well get one without a threaded barrel and save the money to have ADCO or whoever cut it down to a more reasonable length and thread and recrown it once your Form 4 clears.
>>
>>33782767
i might not put a can on it at all if the hearing protection act doesn't pass. i'd just like to have the option and i figured i could get a cheap muzzle brake or something. what barrel length should i go for? i'm just getting into guns and i'm still in college so i'm kinda on a budget. this will be my first rifle
>>
>>33782900
Shorter the better; I've read positive reports from countries without SBR laws about .308s with barrels as short as 14", and you're still doing measurably better than .300 BLK all the way down to 8".
>>
>>33782943
thanks. the fcp-sr has a 20" barrel option too so i will probably go with it
>>
>>33782685
Tikka T3x CTR
You are welcome.
>>
GA Anon here. Pawnshop wouldn't sell me a Tapco'd out Norinco SKS I planned on Un-Bubba'ing cause I wasn't 21. Whats the deal with that?
>>
>>33783309
They're retarded or lying; the age limit for rifles and shotguns is 18.
>>
>>33783309
try not looking like a school shooter next time
>>
>>33784559
roasted
>>
>>33784230
Seems like they're retarded/lying.
>>
File: Tyrese.png (726KB, 1914x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Tyrese.png
726KB, 1914x2000px
When you carry a full sized pistol do you guys prefer 4 o'clock with a right handed holster or 5-6 with a left handed?

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>33785264
>5-6 with a left handed
What? No, that's retarded. You'd have to put yourself in an armlock every time you draw and if you slip and fall on your back you'll break your spine.
Don't do that.
>>
>>33785264
Appendix carry u lil bish
>>
>>33785264
i get off work at 3 so im normally home by 4
>>
>>33752061
I saw a movie that I heard of here, and I fucking LOVED it. It was about some russian military dudes, and one of the iconic scenes was a sergeant(drill instructor maybe?) crying in a field of roses.

Can anyone give me a title? I want to watch it again right now.
>>
is the remington 700 as bad as reddit says it is?
>>
>>33785951
Dunno how bad reddit says it is, but probably not.
>>
>>33785396

Doesn't seem that bad, just a little bit of extra motion compared to 4 o'clock for extra concealibilty. Comfort was more what I thought would suck.

>>33785425
I like my dick though.

>>33785467
Nice, I usually don't get in til after 5.
>>
>>33786010
Unless you've made a terrible belt-, holster-, or shirt-related decision you should not need to engage in SOB carry to conceal a normal-sized gun.
Carrying at 3- or 4-o'clock like a normal person should be totally fine.
>>
>>33785951
Newer ones are, older ones aren't. Remington has gone to shit in recent years.
>>
Is it true that even if you miss someone with a .50 cal that the "sonic boom/whatever the fuck" can still pink mist someone?

My buddy is an army pog and keeps telling me that you can lose a limb if a .50 cal bullet just passes near you.

>I'm a noguns fucktard but this sounds like bullshit to me
>>
>>33786137

Yeah, it's bullshit. You might get something like localized windburn at the very worst.
>>
>>33786137
it's bullshit. you can shoot a .50 bmg through a house of cards and it wont knock them over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrHpe5Z93wM
>>
>>33786156
>>33786192
Thanks

now is there any difference between a .50 cal from a machine gun doing this and a .50 cal from whatever kinda .50 cal sniper rifle?
>>
>>33786249
no they use the same bullets
>>
>>33786249

What you're thinking of, no. They're both .50 BMG.

There are other .50 rounds out there, but they are odd things like .50 AE for Desert Eagles or .50 Beowulf (spelling?) for odd AR builds.
>>
File: 38564-DEFAULT-l.jpg (96KB, 1350x700px) Image search: [Google]
38564-DEFAULT-l.jpg
96KB, 1350x700px
>>33752061
Do you guys think one of these would be a good deal for a beater shotgun? I can't be sure, but these look like they're older 870s, and they're only $219.99 shipped.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/163865/870wingmasterused6/remington-870-wingmaster-12-ga-police-trades
>>
>>33786412
it says theyre old 870 wingmasters. anyone know if these have the screw in chokes? i might buy one too
>>
>>33786412
posurp wingmasters are the best

>>33786451
pretty sure cop guns generally have fixed chokes
>>
Anyone ever have a moment when you step back and look at your lifestyle from a normie point of view and realize out of the context of /k/ it's really fucking weird?

I had that earlier when my roommate told me he'd been chatting with his coworkers and told them about an HMTD synthesis I was doing for some blasting caps, that he found foaming a little while I was at work, got concerned, and put in the fridge to cool it down, and they all responded, "You live with this guy?! And there are high explosives in the refrigerator?!"

After a while of limited contact with the outside world you just kinda forget that shit's weird. Anyone else feel that way?
>>
>>33786629
Since I live around a bunch of other rednecks, no, not at all.

Being into guns is only really weird when you live in a more urban/suburban area with a high concentration of liberals. Every other guy around here is into guns.
>>
>>33786412
Picked up one of these last week in a store for $259. Not bad I would say. I put a box of 3" shells through it with no problems, I think I need to replace the extractor, but then again the shells were only getting stuck with Hornady Black Buckshot. Mine came with a modified choke, so I don't know if it was a potrade or not, but yea, I'd say it's a good deal.
TL;DR: Yea, probs a good deal for a beater/truck gun
>>
>>33786674
Everyone around here are fudds, so guns are fine but explosives are a little strange. Apparently they got really freaked out. Also slavaboo shit and gasmasks doesn't help
>>
>>33786723
>>33786598
>>33786451
Thanks guys. These seem like a terrific deal and the cheapest way to get a pre-freedom group 870.
>>
What's the legality of modifying a rifle stock into a pistol arm brace? Asking for a friend.
>>
File: ATF-shoestring-machine-gun-2004.jpg (95KB, 800x1035px) Image search: [Google]
ATF-shoestring-machine-gun-2004.jpg
95KB, 800x1035px
>>33786872
Generally, once a firearm is made into a rifle, it stays a rifle forever.
For exceptions, your friend needs to describe in detail what he's planning on doing in a letter to the ATF's Firearms Technology Branch and get their opinion.
>>
File: AK sale2.jpg (3MB, 3328x2496px) Image search: [Google]
AK sale2.jpg
3MB, 3328x2496px
Thinking of selling pic related, but not sure how to price it.

>Saiga .223, <1000rds fired
>Good bore
>Including 7 magazine and POSP 3-9x
>Noticeably canted front sight (have been using POSP since I got it)
>Shitty paint job that works for me but probably wouldn't be a selling point. Can easily be removed, it's just rattlecan.
>New handguard in stock Saiga configuration. Mounting rails on each side
>Stable rail on top (have been playing with quick detach scopes and redots). Attaches firmly onto the stock screw.

Suggestions? Legitimately no idea how much to charge, or if I reaaaally want to sell it at all. It's basically just a project rifle that I got bored with.
>>
>>33788878

Less insanely compressed picture. My phone decided everything needed to be maximum size for whatever reason.
>>
>>33786872
illegal.
all the armbraces currently sold were approved by the atf.
you would have to make a protype mail it to the atf and pray.
>>
File: children and firearm safety.jpg (52KB, 618x472px) Image search: [Google]
children and firearm safety.jpg
52KB, 618x472px
Rather silly. If I was to visit America, is there a place where I can drive and shoot shit in a tank? Would love to try that.

Same goes with a Pak 40? Or anywhere in the world in general. I know Vietnam has plenty of opportunities to fire assault rifles and throw grenades etc...
>>
>>33788986
If anywhere had tanks, I'd guess Vegas. For shooting full auto, it's surprising how many rinky-dink little ranges here have full auto guns for (supervised) rent. It is expensive because they make you use range ammo though.

To be honest full auto doesn't hold much appeal to me. If you come to the US and want to go tacticool, look for a place doing a tactically oriented 2 or 3 gun competition and rent some guns to participate. Running through a killhouse is way more fun than standing on a line shooting full auto for a few seconds.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.