[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /K/ I just joined the US Army this month and I ship out to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: download (1).jpg (14KB, 195x258px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
14KB, 195x258px
Hey /K/ I just joined the US Army this month and I ship out to basic this June and I was wondering what should i expect from Basic training. Tell me some of your basic training stories
>>
>>33751752
Ha ha get fucked. Read a book boot.
>>
>>33751752
Congrats. I just got out of the Army. Say "Roger, Drill Sergeant," "No, Drill Sergeant," act like an adult and have fun. It's super easy if you treat it like a game and play well. Good luck, anon
>>
>>33751752
Why didn't you join the marines you pussy? What'chu score less than a 45 on the asvab?
>>
>>33751752
Don't call the DS sir
>>
>>33751835
OP here I scored a 76 on the ASVAB and my MOS is 14G
>>
>>33751868
But how many pullups can you do?
>>
OP read this

http://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs/browse-career-and-job-categories/combat/air-defense-battle-management-system-operator.html

Thats your job in a basic run down.

Get ready to get broken down and formed back up over and over while in the army its part of the conditioning. Once you are out of basic and AIT it'll be like a regular 9-5 job and weekends off.

Someone will always fuck it up for everyone else. Everyone in the army is a thief and theres always one guy trying to get hi shit back.

keep up the PT score.
>>
File: stifledlaughter.jpg (166KB, 767x1024px) Image search: [Google]
stifledlaughter.jpg
166KB, 767x1024px
>>33751752
You fucked up.
>>
>>33751752
OP Imma give you the best tidbit you can ever use if you get in trouble with the drill sergeant
"No excuse, Drill Sergeant!"
it's better than giving some half assed excuse or trying to explain yourself
>>
>>33751868
>76
Jesus OP, did you get high before you went int?

>14G
Have fun at Ft. Sill and prepared to be bored out of your skull for the next couple of months.

Noting in basic is hard or challenging, everything is a game, and 80% of the stress you'll feel is caused by the bumbling used up prison fuck boys that make up your platoon. Sucks to suck nerd.
>>
>>33751752
Get ready for a mouth fucking while you sleep.
>>
>>33751752
Have fun
>>
>>33751752
Its full of bullshit EO and SHARP. I have Transgender Training next week.
>>
>>33752016
>transgender training
What? Bullshit.

I just went to BLC- after they threatened to take my 5- and we didn't even cover that shit.
>>
>>33752074
I just got a notice of training for my next mday and the training schedule indicates "1300-1400 Transgender Training". Shittt I can't go 5 minutes in the Army without them doing some silly shit.
>>
just remember when you're all pissed because the blacks formed a gang and broke into the conex with the mre's and then stole the candy and started selling them. its all going to be a distant memory and its not worth getting pissed over stupid shit. also if you're smart become an officer.
>>
>>33751996
Can confirm, just got back from 11B OSUT at Benning. While at 30th a guy in C co blew a nut into a sleeping guy's mouth while on fireguard. And thus the "charlie 1-2" jokes began for the whole cycle. Crazy stupid shit is gonna happen
>>
>>33751752

Here's a heads up, pal. They probably never told you about reception, so here's the skinny.

There's like a week (or 10 days or what-ever-the-fuck) where you're stuck in pre-basic limbo waiting for the next training cycle to pick up. This is where you're getting your uniforms, admin and medical bullshit resolved. Reception blows fucking ass for many reasons, many reasons. You think a boot is a scum-sucking worm on the totem pole? Imagine being a fucking PRE-BOOT. You're gonna wake up every morning and feel like a fucking faggot because you're gonna play fuck fuck games and you're not even doing Army stuff yet.

It's all cleverly designed, though, to assist in weakening recruits as much as possible before they actually even get to basic, so they fucking crumble into cookie powder for reassembly by the drill sergeants.

>There's no physical activity whatsoever.
So get ready to feel like your body is atrophying. A lot of guys also make the mistake of going ham at the chow hall and picking up a few lbs, which not only makes kicking off basic more miserable, but also instills bad habits (like assuming in basic you can take more than a single container of peanut butter or that you're allowed to use toasters or what-have-you)

>You get introduced to the concept of "hurry up and wait".
Which means after getting your teeth cleaned at 10 AM and completing the day's tasks, you'll spend the next 6 hours (with a break for lunch) sitting in an auditorium expected to study the soldier's handbook. Predictably a lot of guys fall asleep in their desks (because how the fuck can you not?) so my advice, after learning the material you need to learn, is to cultivate a rich inner life and daydream. Either way your morale is gonna tank because, like I said, you've got a day that is at most 35% scheduled tasks and then, back to the ol' auditorium to see 20 year old "inspirational" videos loop on the TVs.
>>
>>33752258
My 10 days at reception can confirm, worst time of all of BCT was goddamn reception
>>
>>33752280
>>33752258
I was only at Leonard Woods reception for 3
>>
>>33751752
>>33752258

>fuck fuck games
Depending on whoever is in charge of you gaggle of fucks, you may get a prelude of what's to come in basic. Our NCO was a big fan of making us play dress up whenever we fucked something up. So, y'know, wearing one PT shoe and one boot, PT shorts, a fleece jacket and the cold weather gloves on the wrong hands. It's just very wearying because you want to actually start doing the training and all you're doing is sexual harassment workshops and arguing with government employees about what cap size you are.

Reception was the only time during ANY training I did that the thought "Man, what the fuck am I doing here? Holy shit this was a huge goddamn error." came into my head.
>>
>>33752309
I came in january 3rd, right after the base was on christmas leave or whatever. The whole place was backed up as they tried to run 3 companies through at once. It was a fuckin nightmare
>>
>>33752351
RIP. I got there with 240 other IETS and first 140 of us (Males) shipped to C Co 2-10.
>>
>>33752309

Don't know how the experience at Leonard Woods was, but 3 days for all that stuff, I can at least get behind. I was 11C going through OSUT at Benning, and it seemed like every combat arms guy I met throughout my career spent at least a week going through 30th AG.
>>
>>33752379
It was pretty stressful to be honest. They rushed us through real fast and I swear to god I thought my pay was fucked up. Ended up being A-Ok but it was definitely stressful.
>>
>>33752419

Shit. So I guess you're either going through at a snail's pace or you're rushed to high-hell. I guess I'd rather take the quick approach, like a bandage, and be done with it. I was very crestfallen that my time at 30th AG was basically the starting line BEFORE the starting line of my military contract. I came in with some college and qualified for E-3, but I was given E-2 insignia. All the paperwork showed I was an E-2. But then I went to finance and found out I was being paid as an E-3 anyway. It was just a huge clusterfuck.
>>
>>33752258
Reception really is the worst. There's nothing redeeming about it and it's 100% demoralizing.

I got stuck in reception during an inprocessing recycle break and had to spend two weeks with the chapter company- all the people who got kicked out of basic and were still waiting on paperwork to get out of the Army- literal scum of the earth. And they all thought they were experts because they'd been stuck there for a couple of weeks. Retards to the last. Most of the day was spent in bunks with nothing to do and you couldn't sleep.

Even getting stuck as a recycle in Ranger School during a cycle break wasn't as bad. At least there we had some books, board games, and could sleep almost as much as we wanted.
>>
>>33752485
SAME FOR ME. I was a PV2 and I knew I was supposed to be a PFC. Got to reception they gave me PV2 insig then told me that they had no paperwork stating I was a PFC. Went to the NG liaison and told them. Turns out my promotion hadn't been sent up even though it had been signed a month prior. Ended up getting it corrected. Didn't matter anyhow cause I got E-5 the whole BCT. That was the ONLY perk of being a CDT going to BCT.
>>
Don't volunteer for shit.
>>
Do whatever you can to not get sick. Take vitamin C starting now, probiotics, whatever to get your immune system stronger. Getting sick at boot is misery.
t. my whole platoon at parris island had pneumonia
>>
>>33752655
This isn't always true but if you volunteer for some stuff that gets you NOTICED then when you are on a list to goto schools or whatever its more likely command will take you.
>>
>>33752225
>blacks
You mean Puerto Ricans. We only had 5 blacks.
>>
Warm up that shot they give you as best you can before they jab it into your asscheek.
Don't take shit from anyone and make sure your shit is locked up.
Don't be one of the dumbshits who uses the hot m16 barrel to burn your wrist as a "badge of honor", you'll just look autistic.
>>
File: 1360714885780.gif (487KB, 349x199px) Image search: [Google]
1360714885780.gif
487KB, 349x199px
>>33751868
>14G

Hahaha your going from shit to the shitter. Ever since fuckers keep AWOLing in mass from B/2-6 & 3-6 they've turned ADA AIT into prison camp. Then you'll get sent to E/6-52 in Area I Korea because they're sending every fucker they can there. Every fucker, no matter how salty, goes fucking insane there. They won't give soldiers ammo in Area I except to qualify, even when sent out to QRF, because they are terrified soldiers will turn on their chain of command because of the abuse and fuckery, go psycho against the Koreans for them trying to run you over so many times or an heroing. That's how bad that place is. Even if you manage to escape with your rank and sanity, you'll be stationed at Sill your whole career. Enjoy Lawton, one of the finest shitholes in the country. Your fucking fucked, motherfucker! Go punch your recruiter in the balls for raping your life.
>>
>>33753166
Redpill me on the korean deploymeny wise one
> i have been interested in enlisting and hopefully sent to korea to kick in the shit of commie gooks
>>
>>33753099
>using a hot M16 barrel to burn your wrist as a badge of honor
#justpogthings
>>
>>33753166
>qrf
>no ammo
What are they going to do? Yell bang bang at the Norks?
>>
I had a female at my unit 4 days before graduation use her M4 as a bat. She grabbed it by the stock and hit another female smack across the head with the barrel. Knocked her the fuck out. It was gr8
>>
>>33751949
>>33752258
>>33752655
>>33752702
All good advice

>>33752485
>So I guess you're either going through at a snail's pace or you're rushed to high-hell

They actually do their best to combine the two, it is pretty much all in the name, "hurry up and wait" as previous anon said. The worst of this is in BCT, but it continues as long as you serve.

My advice would be is get yourself up to speed first and foremost, but then help the guys in your platoon get unfucked. A lesson I learned too late was that we really suffer collectively, and helping your buddies prevents personal pain.

There is a lot of boring day time, where you aren't allowed to sleep even though you really want. Sleep in shifts with two on watch, or there is always the crap-nap.

Otherwise, BCT/OSUT whatever is actually pretty easy in retrospect. At least when I went through, it was practically idiot proof, and that is saying something.

Good luck OP.
>>
>>33751752
Keep a low profile. My drill sergeants didn't even know my name by the time we graduated. Volunteer for nothing or volunteer for everything. Do some extra pt. It's not hard. It just blows. Sometimes it can be fun but it mostly blows
>>
File: 1492969601986.jpg (142KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1492969601986.jpg
142KB, 500x375px
>>33751868

I just looked at the job "overview" on the goarmy site for that

>The air defense battle management system operator operates with equipment systems that guard against aerial and space attack. They play an important role in the Army’s air defense artillery team.
>that guard against aerial and space attack
>space attack
>>
>>33751868
I scored 92 and am a 09R so basically I'm a piece of shit.
>>
Everything will be fucked up for the first month, even when it's right. So don't sweat it, it's a game.

That being said, square yourself away so you're not the idiot getting everybody scuffed up. The rest of your platoon doesn't realize it's a game and will get mad at the guy who does fuck up.
>>
>>33751752
Remember:
5 minutes before 5 minutes before, and standby to standby

Basically get used to rushing your arse off to wait 10 minutes. It builds character. Also dont fidget when standing at ease, those bastards check.
>>
File: 1383695855120.gif (1MB, 320x234px) Image search: [Google]
1383695855120.gif
1MB, 320x234px
>>33753239
>>33753203
Gentlemen, Area I is a huge joke. 2ID CO will tell you straight up in his inbrief that we are all speedbumps(literally his word) to buy the politicians in Seoul time to egress and we all have 3 minutes to live when things cook off. Then you'll get to your unit, find out every damn vehicle in your MP is deadlined, your chain of command is all under investigation, all the ammo in your AHA is expired and you can't leave post ever because of civil unrest.

Your CSM literally has Alzheimer's, doesnt know where he is or what year it is, just wanders around fucking with everyone, screaming incoherently and nobody has the balls to force the old guy before a med board. GO1 99% of the time, no passes allowed ever because your battles before you fucked it up by raping little kids or mugging cab drivers, the most nightmarish convoys ever that make you wish you were still downrange getting shot at and blown up and just nonstop fuckery from BN, BDE, 2ID and 8th Army raining down upon your heads because every level refuses to communicate cause all they hate each other. You learn the true meaning of toxic leadership.

Outside of Area I, Korea is sweet tho. So I've heard.
>>
>>33753418
Area 1 is the DMZ right? Did they have you guys walking around garrison in IOTVs and shit? I haven't done a Korea deployment but I swore I heard somebody talking about doing dumb shit like that.
>>
>>33753418
What would be the best station in korea?
>>
>>33753547
Area I is basically everything above Seoul. Yes, you'll be in 'Full Warrior Standard' most of the time. When I was there they required E6 and below to have battle buddies, even on post for some of the time, to go anywhere. Barrack space was so hard up, even PSGs had to double up. Every kind of dumb shit imaginable the good idea fairy ever came up with is in full effect. And in turn, this drives everyone fucking insane so they go out and do the dumbest fucking shit imaginable like drive around doing drive bys on civilians with an illegal pellet gun while drunk. Which in turn makes them twist the knot even harder which makes joes do even dumber shit.

>>33753730
Osan with Aviation or the Airforce. Hell that goes for any station in Army really. Farther away you are from HQ or infantry country, the better.
>>
>>33753776
Jfc, i wanna go to korea and still potentially get some action im not in it for asian pussy and from what i hear about korea i probably wouldnt anyways since its sjw the country
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.