[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glock 9/40 and The Yankee Marshal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6605.jpg (123KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6605.jpg
123KB, 1360x768px
Recently saw one of his videos in which he said the Glock 22 was not made explicitly for the .40S&W but was a slightly modified G17. Is he full of s***? As you like to say here, what did he mean by this?
There are so many G22s available used now that I was thinking of getting a Gen3 for laughs.
>>
>>33751455
I really like The Yankee Marshal. What's cool too is that he lives in Washington and I see him on the Northwest Firearms board all the time.
>>
>>33751455
He is correct.
>>
The G22 is the entire genesis of the Glocknade meme.
>>
>>33751455
I bet he has huge anal warts.
>>
>>33751475
OP again:
Following up: he was saying the Glock wasn't made explicitly for .40. As if it will blow up in your hand (probable with orig. low-wall chamber AND reloads). But I'm now asking owners: Do you like your .40 Glocks? Would you recommend one to a stranger? Does someone own a G23 or G27? !is the recoil awful in a G7?
>>
Pretty much all .40S&W pistols are just (slightly) modified 9mms. The whole point of .40 is to trick people into believing they're getting superior stopping power without the necessary structural requirements being made. Yes, indeed, the Hebrews are likely involved.
>>
>>33751466
You must be his bf.
>>
>>33751455
YM is an obnoxious manchild but here he's correct. Glock just nigger rigged .40 into their Glock 17 and added a stronger spring. They even beat S&W to the market despite S&W designing the cartridge.

Virtually all .40 S&W pistols are the same as those in 9mm (and .357 SIG). The whole point is they all fit in the same guns. No need to roid up your handgun like with .45 Auto or 10mm.
>>
>>33751455
The real fuckup was you watching that tard.
>>
>>33751455
There are two variants of frames: large (G21 &20), or the full/compact small frame (G22/17 & G23/19. Yes you can swap slides between a shared frame. So is it built bottom up for the 40? No.
HK USP was designed for the 40s&w, they then modified the design to create 9mm/45 variants.
>>
>>33751455
He's fucking wrong.
It was designed from the ground up as a .40, unlike the models from other companies, and later versions of the 9mm were based on .40 design.
>>
>>33752085
Appreciate the comments. Has anyone had bad experiences w/their .40s? I owned a used G22 Gen2 yrs ago and didn't strip it down as I should have. Turns out the rear sight was way off and the insides were full of crud. Sold it.
I'm thinking of getting a Gen3 from Summit Gun or Sportsmen Outdoors Superstore online.
No .40SW Glock fans on /k/ tonight?
DUMB TRIVIA: Gen2 Glocks had caliber engraved on slide as ".40SW". Gen3 guns merely have ".40" as if Gaston's attorneys said, Don't mention that other gun company, like ".357 Auto" instead of .357 Sig.
>>
>>33752929
>I'm thinking of getting a Gen3 from Summit Gun or Sportsmen Outdoors Superstore online.

If you want one, now's the time. The market's flooded with used guns and police-tradeins since police are ditching the .40 en masse and the commercial market is following, albeit to a lesser degree. You can find used .40 Glock for dirt cheap.

Just don't buy a new one. That's dumb.

>No .40SW Glock fans on /k/ tonight?

I don't think there have ever been .40 fans on /k/. Even with the FBI and LE agencies universally agreed it better than 9mm, /k/ has always shit all over it as a meme bourne of ignorance. Now with the FBI denouncing it and switching to 9mm /k/ is more rabid than ever about .40 being shit.
>>
.40 isn't shit it's just not worth the compromises compared to 9mm for defense against humans.

10mm however, that's the end all be all of meme pistol calibers.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.