[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shooting Accidents & General Gun Mishaps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: 1426650220853.gif (387KB, 269x270px) Image search: [Google]
1426650220853.gif
387KB, 269x270px
Please comfort me /k/.

So a little back story, I live on a small farm, (10 acres) and I basically can shoot whenever. So today, I set my targets up on my shitty makeshift range, made sure it was clear. I was shooting down hill and into nothing but 300 ft of dirt. So I'm plinking away with my WASR, just firing every few shots and adjusting the sight as necessary. Suddenly, a white pick up truck pull into my driveway and a neighbor gets out and tells me that bullets are flying past his house. I profusely apologize and ask if any one is hurt/ any damage. Then immediately pack up and stop for the day once he leaves.

Here's what troubles me. The neighbor lives almost a half a mile away( I know rounds can fly farther) and I was shooting into nothing but dirt, downhill. So how the hell did rounds ricochet upwards over his house?

>mfw I'm still worried something bad happened and I might lose my funs
>>
>>33751183
Caliber? also set up a proper bullet catcher
>>
>>33751183
Are you shooting into a berm or just flat dirt?
>>
>>33751183
Maybe he heard the gun shots and wanted it to stop
>>
I'm willing to bet your neighbor is just pissed at the gunfire and is making shit up to stop it
>>
>>33751213
Nice idea.
OP try firing in another direction besides him if he comes over to say their are bullets flying past you know he is bullshitting.
>>
>>33751196
7.62x39
>>
>>33751208
Flat dirt, but curved at the end of the bottom of the hill. Still down hill
>>
>>33751183
what anime is she from again?
i forgot
>>
>>33751213
>>33751230
>>33751232

I honestly hope that is the reason. I shoot pretty often and I'm sure it pisses some of my neighbors off. Not as bad as the other neighbor with full auto, but still pretty often.
>>
>>33751265
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
>>
>>33751277
thanks anon :)
>>
>>33751247
No way a deflection is going hlaf a mile at that caliber try firing a FUCK ton of rounds in another dirrection with a louder gun see if he comes back.
>>
>>33751183
Don't second-guess yourself OP. If you were shooting safely then your neighbor is full of shit.
>>
>>33751183
depending on the type of dirt you could very well have been skipping rounds off of it, all these folks are pretty quick to call your neighbor a liar.
>>
You fucked up op. Your neighbor hates you shooting in your back yard so he tries to scare you by telling you bullets are flying past his house. You apologizing just fucked you over. Next time you shoot this is what happens
>instead of the neighbor coming over, the police show up
>cop tells you the neighbor is pushing charges against you for shooting at his house
>cop asks you if you have ever shot over there before or if you might have on accident
>no matter what you say it's the wrong thing
>the neighbor has already been over and you practically admitted to him that you were firing at his house when you apologized
>you lose your gun rights and the neighbor sues you
>>
>>33751670
Or OP can get some blanks, shoot a bit and see what happens. if his neighbor shows up he knows the neighbor is bullshitting.
>>
My brother shot out our internet cable...twice
>>
>>33751687
Your brother's a dipshit.
>>
>>33751196

>WASR
>"what caliber"

back2reddit
>>
>>33751686
>be op
>shoot blanks to bait in neighbor
>police show up
>say your neighbor is worried you are shooting at their house
>n-no o-officer they were just blanks
>so you are saying you were shooting blanks in the direction of their house?
>n-no I was just seeing if they would s-say I was shooting towards them
>ok anon, here is what's going to happen. We are putting you under arrest for "x" crimes and are going to search your house
>anon goes to booking and police find live ammo and other guns/dragon dildo
>your rights are gone. You do time. Even if you had mags loaded with blanks where you were shooting, if they find one live round they can use it against you.
>>
>>33751708
I was honestly impressed
>>
>>33751753
Shot an aerial cable right?

>>33751735
I want to argue against that point... but the problem is I could totally see that happening...
>>
>>33751183
You could do the unspeakable and actually talk to your neighbor and see if the it's just the noise that bothers him or if you were actually shooting at his house (something that's totaly possible with the situation you described). And as for everyone saying that he's making up the story, how would he know what direction you are shooting, if he didn't have any proof you were aiming his direction making up that story is retarded.
>>
>>33751814
Here's an argument that completely deflates that one;
He's a 4chan user and he's full of shit. Don't take his word. Shoot in the other direction. And by that, I mean upend your entire range. Turn everything a flat 180 degrees into the hill, which is now your berm. Take pictures of it, leave timestamps on. Wait a week. Shoot. Wait for cops to show up (severely doubtful this will happen; any reaction a 4chan user says someone will have to something should be knocked down several magnitudes as they have no experience dealing with real human beings in person), then explain;
>Yeah I used to shoot the other way but that guy said the bullets were ricocheting towards his house, so I spun everything around a week or two ago. If he still says bullets are going by his house, I don't think he was telling the truth in the first place.
The cops will then go
>Well shit, sounds like he might just not like you. Go ahead and shut it down for today but we're gonna go have a word with him.

T. Texan that shoots with cops
>>
>>33751753
No in the ground (we have a sand hill in back that its buiried under.) ....Twice
Ill try and find a picture
>>
>>33751732
You realize the WASR comes in 4 calibers right?
>>
>>33751895
Ok... that's less impressive.

>>33751886
The reason I didn't consider that was because in my thought process, reversing his range setup would probably have him shooting at his own house.
>>
File: 1480106177166.png (54KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1480106177166.png
54KB, 300x300px
>>33751735
>>33751670

So scale of 1/10 how fucked am I? I do know that my neighbor is running an illegal business out of his house so I don't think the cops will be called. But still, I'm spooked I'll lose all my funs.
>>
>>33751183
Stop shooting at your neighbors house.
>>
>>33751886
>>33751914

The best I can do is turn my house 90 degrees. At 180 I'd be shooting at another neighbors house and a highway + interstate.
>>
>>33751915
3/10 unlikely anything would happen this time, but keep shooting at his house and he gets proof, 10/10 fucked. Just change some things up and maybe build a proper backstop rather then a little mound of sand
>>
>>33751915
>>33751937
adjust your direction of shooting so that there aren't any houses or traffic in your line of fire and build a berm.
>>
>>33751915
You're not fucked. Stop panicking. Continue to shoot as normal, if the police show up they can try to charge you with something but unless they can provide proof you cannot be charged with anything.
I don't know what cuck country that guy lives in.
>>
>>33751937
>turn my house 90 degrees

...you mean your range... or is your house built on a turntable?
>>
>>33751975

We live in this weird mix of subdivision and straight up cornfields. It's upper middle class.
>>
>>33751886
You're retarded. The situation I laid out is much more realistic. Cops don't obey the law. I have seen a lot of farmers lose their gun rights for similar shit like op. Timestamp all you want. unless you have cameras recording everything you shoot you're fucked.
t.grew up in a rural area in Ohio with transferred big city cops that couldn't understand simple rights and laws of landowners.
>>
>>33751975
>>33752017
or, you know, change what you're doing because lead is ending up where you don't want it.
>>
OP another idea is fire a FUCK ton of blank rounds if he complains show him what ou were firing then shoot him cause castle law.
>>
>>33751670
What is hearsay?
>>
>>33751183

Years ago i seen a thread on ARFcom where a guy had a 7.62x39mm come though his front door. Go though his living room into his kitchen and through a cabinet door. There was a guy shooting from quite a ways off and he had no idea his bullets were hitting houses. The guy could be telling the truth, thats why i hate being a flat lander shooting can be dangerous as fuck.
>>
File: giphy.gif (465KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
465KB, 500x278px
>Be at range.
>shooting AR.
>pull trigger.
>Brrrrt.
>mfw
>trigger walked out, disconnecter slipped below bolt.
>Range owner comes over.
>I'm freaking.
>He sees missing pin.
>open rifle.
>Timney came loose.
>tighten hex.
>gtg.
I got saved by based range owner.
>>
>>33754908
TFW you are a leaf and you have only shot semi auto and bolt action all your life.
>>
>>33754972
Unless you go into the military, and I bet they have a class about "full auto tramua".
>>
>>33755024
I am going into the military I have the basic qualification in 2 days.
>>
File: Crystal Clear Trijicon Glass.jpg (321KB, 1168x778px) Image search: [Google]
Crystal Clear Trijicon Glass.jpg
321KB, 1168x778px
>>33751183
time to have a pond dug and keep the dirt in a big pile

It's much bigger up close.
>>
File: 30 rounds of 545.jpg (207KB, 1382x778px) Image search: [Google]
30 rounds of 545.jpg
207KB, 1382x778px
>>33751183
Should have bought a '74
>>
>>33755157
Just too bad Russian corruption got the ATF around the time of the Ukraine thing. Suddenly, us peasants can't buy 7N6 from Ukraine anymore because it's " "AP" "
>>
>>33751183
So bullets were flying "over" his house?

So he has no evidence?
>>
>>33755080
Don't worry about it, you'll never use auto on the range. It seems you guys only shoot to 300M. I can hit targets out to 500M no problem.
>USMC Retired.
>>
>>33751915
>anonymously tip police off about neighbor's illegal dealings
>shoot at his vacant house all day every day
>>
File: pepe kepi hat civil war.jpg (33KB, 231x244px) Image search: [Google]
pepe kepi hat civil war.jpg
33KB, 231x244px
OP, you're an idiot for not following one of the four rules of gun safety: KNOW YOUR TARGET AND WHAT'S BEHIND IT.

Even though you're an idiot, that's ok, most of us on /k/ are as well. What you need to do is rent a backhoe and dig a berm to shoot into, then you won't have to worry about where your rounds go.
>>
Your neighbor heard gunshots in the distance and decided to lie about it.

Happens pretty often.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.