[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I into a Ka-bar, or the Ka-bar serrated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: KA-1250-52.jpg (16KB, 333x189px) Image search: [Google]
KA-1250-52.jpg
16KB, 333x189px
Should I into a Ka-bar, or the Ka-bar serrated?
>>
>>33750745
Definitely not serrated. What do you want it for? To use or for larping?
>>
Serrated is sharper.
>>
>>33750801
Just self-defense, I live in the Bronx and I need it because guns are illegal here.

>>33750809
Now much sharper?
>>
>>33750827
It' like A LOT sharper, dude.
>>
>>33750848
Can it cut through bone with one swipe?
>>
Straight edge. Serrations on almost any knife take up the most useful part of the blade and render it awkward and borderline unusable unless you're a rock climber, sailor, or bondage rigger or some other dude who'd need to cut rope often, and even then a very sharp knife does the same job just as well. Your KABAR will end up in a drawer or box in your closet, only seeing the light every now and again when you want to play Hamburger Hill, but if you get one with serrations you're certainly relegating it to a sad, useless life where you won't even use it to cut open bags of chips to look cool for your friends.

t. Kabar owner who greatly prefers his Rat-5 as his go-to big knife, and even then usually just uses his BK11.
>>
>>33750891
Ehhh.... You sure know a lot.

Is the kabar heavy?
Would you recommend the Rat-5 to me?
>>
>>33750745
Serrations are meant to take abuse that would mess up a fine edge, other than that they won't do anything that a fine edge won't. Considering that your purpose is self-defense you'd have no use for serrations.
>>
>>33750942

The KABAR is not heavy, but I don't trust the rat tang for anything but light work and fighting, the latter of which I'll likely never do. I know I'm just suckling the meme titty, but if it's not a quarter inch thick with a tang that bisects the scales, I wouldn't use it for anything heavier duty than fruit tray preparation. Now the RAT-5... That's a knife. I'd trust it to chop up small timber and I can't imagine it wouldn't find a place defending your supple young buttocks from inner city youth. Of course, I think you'd be better served with a small, easily concealable fixed blade like the Becker Necker or the BK11. Then again, I don't think of knives as weapons. They're tools in my book, but if you absolutely cannot legally obtain a firearm for self defense, and you can make like a rat and flee the sinking ships that are U.S. metropilae, then find yourself a fixed blade pocket knife with the largest legal blade, no serrations, and
embrace the mindset that it's better to be in jail than in the ground, because if you defend yourself with a knife you're gonna have a hard time getting out of that one. Not saying that it isn't possible, but if you're trying to preserve the elasticity of your ass, you're kind of at an impass.

TL;DR, move to Vermont.
>>
How about you freaks actually buy a serious knife for once instead of your spyder, kabar, usmc crap. Anything from Bark River, since they actually put effort into every design aspect of a knife which is tailored to your needs.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.