[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Coming War with North Korea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 42

File: bf4-2016-05-06-19-33-02-60.jpg (288KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bf4-2016-05-06-19-33-02-60.jpg
288KB, 1920x1080px
Trump is meeting all 100 senate members for a meeting over North Korea. How would a war with NK go for both sides?

www.reuters.com%2Farticle%2Fus-northkorea-nuclear-usa-senate-idUSKBN17Q1LR
>>
>>33749823
Wrong link.
Reuters.com/article/idUSKBN17Q1LR
>>
>>33749823

>How would a war with NK go for both sides?

It would go well for us and poorly for them. It's an army of starved peasants with no way to maintain the fuel for the vehicles or supply routes for everything else.

Only thing is they use AK74s and our military's plates aren't rated for 5.45
>>
>>33749976
>north korea
>5.45
pick one homie
>>
>>33749823
The conventional phase would basically be Gulf War 2.0, maybe a little slower because the Korean terrain isn't as conducive to mechanized warfare. The occupation and eventual reunification would be a major headache depending on how stubborn the north korean holdouts are.
>>
>>33749823
RIP Seoul.
>>
>>33749994
lol this, NK was under the Soviet's radar by 1972-5 when 5.45 was being developed and adopted.

China didn't even really get into the program that much, they where busy with other shit.

Implying the Norks have weapons in AND supplies of 5.45 is a stretch.
>>
>>33750030
this tbqh
>>
>>33749823
We may eventually be victorious, but there will be no winners.
>>
>>33749823
Massive deaths on the north side, relatively high amount of death on south/US side. I was stationed for 2 tours in SK, and each building we had, had a designated amount of time they were supposed to survive/holdout in case the north came over. Spooky stuff. You could expect to see deaths in the lower 5 figure range and lower 7 figure range for the north.
>>
>>33749823
It would not be a good time for NATO, to say the least, and would be the end of days for the norks.
>>
>>33750008
The conventional phase will last a couple of days at the most since China will enter the fray and tell America to simmer the fuck down, then America will have to decided whether to resume curbstomping Best Korea back to the 19th century and risk WWIII or to step down and let China take over.
>>
>>33750062
What the fuck is this post. Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>33750073
I have a bunch of friends who were stationed in Germany, they had the same official life expectancies. I don't know if they were actually public at the time, but one of them now knows that he was expected to die 30 minutes after the border was crossed.
>>
Which branch is going to see the most action?

Mighty good time to get in on killing and bringing home waifus.
>>
Assuming China doesn't give North Korea everything they need through the back door, it will be over in three weeks at the most.
>>
File: Tom_Clancy's_Ghost_Recon_2.jpg (26KB, 256x310px) Image search: [Google]
Tom_Clancy's_Ghost_Recon_2.jpg
26KB, 256x310px
it aint me
>>
>>33750153
China could probably politically profit a lot by financing a anti-US and anti-Sork insurgency in Best Korea for decades to come.
>>
>>33750030
But there is photographic and video evidence showing AK74s in use in training exercises. What caliber are these weapons chambered in if not 5.45x39?
>>
>>33749823
It's going to be the Air Force's game.
The only way Seoul stays alive is if NK's ability to strike at it is removed in the first few hours of the war.
Massive simultaneous air strikes.
>>
>>33750153
Pretty sure the US will bomb all of their connectins with China within hours of it starting.
>>
>>33750153
>>33750180
China is finished with NK
Any US led attack will have the support of the Chinese
>>
>>33750190
riiiiiight, I'm sure the Chinese are thrilled to have their favorite buffer zone taken over by South Korea and replaced with a pro-US government. Not to mention the millions of refugees.
>>
>>33750212
Korea has historically been an ally of China, and removing NK would remove alot of US forces from the area and give the PRC room to expand their influence.
>>
>>33750212
Read the news, mate
China has said things that imply support

NK will one day fall
That is without a doubt
Better now than later
>>
>>33749976
5,45 has many different bullet designs, and more primitive of them won't give your plates any troubles (while also inflicting negligible blunt trauma when compared to 7.62х54).

More modern bullets like ugraded 7N10 and upwards are another story. But at least in Russia 7N10 was upgraded in 1993 and 7N22 was designed in 1998.

I think that 5,45 isn't better penetrator than 7,62x54 if both cartridges are loaded with equally sophisticated bullet designs.

>>33750182
Could you post a picture?
Can it be that they got their hands on Chinese 5,8-mm ammo?
>>
>>33749823
Norks get their shit pushed in but still rain hell on Seoul and other near the border cities. The one major thing the norks have is fuckloads of artillery and it's all pointed south right about now. Their supply limitations would probably win the war for us if it wasn't a straight up curb stomping from the start. They will still likely have the advantage at the start but it won't last long as their supply lines fail them and their outdated equipment starts getting blown up by the vastly superior equipment of the US or it's allies. The simple truth is you can't fight a modern war on an empty magazine.

Norkland is not near as unified as they want us to believe and much of the country would probably defect for simple bags of rice once the gun to their head is dealt with. They're not religious fanatics like the entire middle east so it's unlikely any but the most die hard norks would keep fighting after lil'Kim and his generals are killed or captured.

I would expect the South Koreans (duh), Japan, and the fucking kangaroos to be involved for sure.

The only issue is whether or not China decides to throw everything away for the biggest cause of tensions in the entire region. My bet is China is either going to sit out with a literal wall of men on the border just in case or straight up invade when the US and South Korea do. I don't know why the heck China would side with the norks when no norks means a lot less US presence and a lot less tension in the area. It'd be fantastic for them to not have some fat little shit threatening war every week. It would be incredibly stupid to fight on behalf of the norks.

>>33750212
I'm sure they love US trade a hell of a lot more than they tolerate their "buffer zone". I'm sure they'd also like the near guaranteed reduction of US forces in the area that comes with no more norkland too.
>>
>>33750225
>Implying the US would withdraw their forces
>>
>>33750319
All of the north's artilery would probably be obliterated the second the war starts tho.
>>
>>33750334
I don't think you appreciate how much artillery the Norks have.
>>
>>33750182
>when showing off their technical advancement for television they had ak74s!
>it's not like theyre a poor as fuck country that has barely any industry!
>it's not like they have a shit load of aks in 7.62! Obviously they sold them all and made 5.45 aks for everyone!
>and dragons and unicorns are real!
>>
> How would a war with NK go for both sides?

USN and USAF wasting their entire PGM arsenal knocking mountains and rocks in NK while a million of starving norks zergrush south and liberate K-pop stars on the ruins of burning Seoul.

There is no echeloned frontline waiting for them below the 38th.
No 300-400k dug in troops to hold anyone off.
I certainly don't see americans committing more than 15k marines to the largest SK exercises.
>>
>>33750319
China has some shit with artifical islands and territorial claims ongoing in the South China Sea. It's not like they are against any escalation and tension.
>>
>>33750334
The problem is though, that their declaration of war will be the gun's firing and that by that point the shells are flying so we can't do much by try and intercept or dodge.

Also the fact they have concrete hangers to retreat the guns into in between each volley, to avoid counter battery fire and anything that isn't a bunker buster or a very large explosive.
>>
Why is this a thing all of a sudden? Do the Nork elites who are living comfortably really want to go to war?
>>
>>33750334
Even when the US had vast amounts of forces in the Gulf, they couldn't stop Saddam's guns and rockets from firing. Ground forces took care of that.

That was against far fewer guns, with moving crews, in the desert with a great deal more opportunity to hit targets. The North Korean guns could potentially drain their ammunition before the US even confirms Seoul is being fired upon.
>>
>>33749976
Are you dumb? Both e sapis and x sapis are rated so far beyond what any ak can sling that it's not even funny.

Minimum NIJ rating for IV plates are 30.06 APM2 single hit. In function sapi rating is more robust than NIJ IV rating.
>>
>>33749823
I just hope the war gets good footage
i am done with arabs and their 360p quality
atleast isis is 1080
>>
>>33750334
I guess Yanks thought the same about the Japanese defenders of the Pacific islands. It's not that easy when they probably have a ton of bunkers, tunnels and dummy targets/fake positions. They are obsessed and had a lot of time to play that game.
>>
>>33750409
>>33750401

>>33750380
I guess I did. But I can't think a way the south would be on board with all this without some guarantee of safety, at least for Seoul.
>>
>>33750404
Kinda, their nuclear program is actually producing viable weapons now. Admittedly still worse than the shit the Americans had in the 1950's but enough to threaten a nuclear attack.

Then you have their rocketry efforts which are apparently able to hit as far as Australia.

Thus they are actually able to threaten US allies and shit in theory, beyond a conventional land war.

Others would argue it is because Trump is aggravating the region to draw criticism of his presidency away and onto more "important" issues. Plus this makes people rally to the flag so to speak.
>>
>>33750182
You really think they have more than like 30 of those?
>>
>>33750425
What choice do South have when Yanks can just provoke North at any moment by cruise missile strike, like they just did without warning in Syria, not asking South for permission? It's better for South to be included at least.
>>
>>33750425
True but that is because the SK government has a bunker waiting for them at all times and they probably are protected by at least seven blocks of tall buildings between them and the NK guns.

Ablative layers of civilian buildings, a reinforced structure over your offices and a basement-cum-vault.

You're survival is guaranteed and your family probably lives outside the city in some nice mansion, so they are fine too.

Thus the only people who lose are the people you don't know, Politicans have been throwing them under the bus for centuries. That ain't changing now.
>>
>>33750334
Not immediately, but relatively quickly. The guns would be firing only sporadically after a few hours. The real safety net is the fact that the longest ranged guns can only hit the northern 1/3 of Seoul. Organized evacuation will mitigate casualties handily, hopefully with Patriot and SM-3 backing them up against scud copy strikes.
>>
>post a fleet of ICBM subs off NK coast
>tell Kim that all ofNK is glass within 5 min of attack
>Kim goes back to eating 3 tons of cake while his people starve.

Real talk, China won't do shit. They go to war with us and their economy collapses. US would never have to pay back debt. Think they are gonna throw that away for some 1970's ideology they have watched fail several times and are even turning away from themselves. Git real kiddos.
>>
Pretty positive most men in the nork army would probably join the south koreans if they do manage to get in NK, and then you will have Trump dragging Kim out by himself.
>>
>>33750320
Without the constant threats of war on it's allies they probably would to a degree. The US will still have bases there because allies but it won't have near as much of a reason to keep a large force there anymore.

I don't expect China is going to start threatening to invade everyone in fat boy's place, they have major economic reasons not to start shit. The very last thing they want is to lose even a portion of the massive amounts of trade they have and serious belligerency is a fantastic way to make "Made in India" explode. The potential losses of seriously picking a fight with the US and friends could probably put them back decades.

>>33750334
They have FUCKLOADS of arty. I don't think we could seriously wipe it out before they rained shells and rockets on the south. We could certainly blow up a lot of it but I don't think there's enough tomahawks in the region to wipe it out before they unleash.
>>
>>33750532
I would be kind of disappointed if the south has not parked hidden C-RAM systems all over the city's rooftops. Seems like it would be a smart thing to do.
>>
>>33750533
I bet the antifa commies will probably defect to NK to fight with the peasants.
>>
>>33750560
Please let this happen. God this would be amazing. Get rid of them and the norks in one go.
>>
>>33750180
They won't profit shit when they're blamed for not maintaining their backyard and their later and inevitable refusal to step up and responsibly deal with the millions of unskilled cultist refugees that will show at their border.
>>
>>33750272
>Can it be that they got their hands on Chinese 5,8-mm ammo?
probably this
>>
>>33750587
What am i kidding, the antifa are all mainly college kids, they won't do shit, all they will do is defend their retarded beliefs.
>>
>>33750263
Trump talked a hard game with China but he and Xi are getting buddy buddy. Trump is going to push for a China reset.
>>
>>33750118
the difference between the Norks and the Ossies is that the Ossies actually had the potential to really fuck your shit up.
>>
>>33750621
isis is mostly college kids too. People now-a-days are fucking stupid, and those kids probably want to die fighting for something they 'believe' in.
>>
>>33750668
It's kinda like feminist converting to islam, it makes no sense, and isn't it mainly liberal kids or whatever doing this?
>>
Someone post the paper showing how 25% of nork arty shells are duds please.
>>
>>33750689
Anti-fa is extreme progressives. Probably not a single actual for realsies liberal among them.
>>
>>33750703
they probably have lots of non-functioning or dummy equipment out just for show
>>
>>33749823
US - 20-50k dead
South Korea - 100-250k dead.
North Korea 500k-1 million dead.
>>
>>33750757
I think it was based on research following the nork shelling of that border-island
>>
Any thoughts on how South Koreans may feel toward America if war comes. Undoubtedly, South Korean civilians will die. Will worst korea blame us?
>>
File: dprk-nuclear-packs-675x360[1].jpg (61KB, 675x360px) Image search: [Google]
dprk-nuclear-packs-675x360[1].jpg
61KB, 675x360px
>>33750703
I bet these bombs they are wearing are duds as well.
>>
>>33750703
http://nautilus.org/napsnet/napsnet-special-reports/mind-the-gap-between-rhetoric-and-reality/
>>
>>33750780
You're retarded.
>>
>>33750394
>There is no echeloned frontline waiting for them below the 38th
Isn't there? I remember some versions of OPLAN 5027 envisioned three of them, FEBA Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie to counter a Soviet style mechanized blitz towards Seoul.
>>
We should honestly invade North Korean now if we're ever going to do it.

>fucked up prisons that resemble anotha shoah
>public execution for minor crimes
>mass famine, starvation, shitty living conditions
Most importantly:
>Will be able to manufacture nukes in a few years.

If the North and South are ever going to be reunited it's going to be now. At the very least, we should strike their Nuclear facilities and maybe their artillery on the DMZ.
>>
>>33750837
An actual war on the Korean peninsula would almost certainly be the bloodiest America has fought since Vietnam—possibly since World War II. In recent years Pentagon experts have estimated that the first ninety days of such a conflict might produce 300,000 to 500,000 South Korean and American military casualties, along with hundreds of thousands of civilian deaths. The damage to South Korea alone would rock the global economy.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2005/07/north-korea-the-war-game/304029/

Yes, from 2005, but the facts on the ground have not changed, we would win, but they would take out a lot of people with them.
>>
>>33750020

Seoul's northern outskirts would get shelled for a few hours. Sucks for the people living there but it's not like the city will be leveled.
>>
>>33750867
People were predicting the US would suffer horrid casualties before the Gulf War kicked off, and look at what a curbstomp that turned out to be.
>>
>>33749976
>Only thing is they use AK74s and our military's plates aren't rated for 5.45

ITT, people who have no fucking clue what they are talking about.
>>
>>33750863
I think our best bet is to state that any further nuclear tests will see their nuclear infrastructure bombed. Then, assuming they do it anyway (very likely) keep an extremely close eye on their artillery in case they escalate even more. Basically each step would be their fault and China won't have much room to bitch.
>>
File: 0cae1cce6bbd46d27177527ffe59e02e.jpg (257KB, 1013x595px) Image search: [Google]
0cae1cce6bbd46d27177527ffe59e02e.jpg
257KB, 1013x595px
Are you ready /k/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28owOOPt1Gs
>>
>>33750100

>America will have to decided whether to resume curbstomping Best Korea back to the 19th century and risk WWIII or to step down and let China take over

>America holds their gains in the south
>China takes over the north
>South Korea doesn't push for reunification because it would just fuck their economy up
>Now there is a North North Korea and a South North Korea
>>
rollin'
>>
>>33750893
I think the bigger issue is that if they ever manage to develop nuclear arms, an invasion of the country will become next to impossible. Nobody would be willing to take the risk the Seoul could get nuked with hundreds of thousands of casualties.
>>
>>33749823
who /wantstolootdeadgookweapons/ here?
>>
Marines easily
>>
>>33750901
looks aesthetic desu
>>
>>33750867
>The damage to South Korea alone would rock the global economy.
All factories are in Taiwan you have nothing to worry about.
>>
>>33750901

>have power armor
>still using M4
>>
>>33750883
I realize it starting to get to summer, but look up any simulation, North Korea would fall apart, but they will take out at least 100,000 with them.

Hell, Even the "It not that bad due to dud rate" paper clearly states that 65,000 South Koreans would die in the first day around the capital even if North Korea just shells Seoul and does not use chemical weapons. The first volley is expected to kill ~30,000 people if it aimed at cities.
>>
>>33750938
We're gonna be curbstomping niggas on Proxima Centari with the AR platform, its never going out of service.
>>
>>33749994
the norks do have homemade AK-74s in very limited quantity, those top-folding AKs with the drum mags are 74s
>>
>>33750938
We might be switching to the M110A1 soon. Now that we can carry a fuck ton of stuff, why not use a battle rifle?

http://soldiersystems.net/2017/04/05/us-army-considers-7-62-interim-battle-rifle/
>>
Norks have tunnels and Trump still has a dozen or so MOABs that go bad in a year.

I see no reason to not just get this over with and destroy every potential stronghold and leave them to starve in the rubble with China taking refugees in the north and SK and USA in the South.
>>
>>33750944
I wonder if a large scale evacuation of northern Seoul could be pulled off without the public/media alerting NK.

loose lips sink ships
>>
>>33750867
There is no source there on that bold claim. The "pentagon experts" are also probably a random think tank if anyone actually even said that.

Here's an article a actually remotely close to reality: http://nautilus.org/napsnet/napsnet-special-reports/mind-the-gap-between-rhetoric-and-reality/

Pushing 300,000 to 500,000 would even be hard even with NK nuking SK. So, is your position that North Korea would attack (and be successful) against South Korea with nuclear weapons?
>>
>>33750949

They should just go right up to .338 Norma Magnum.
>>
>>33750560

>Convince them to go fight for the last true bastion of Communism fighting against capitalist aggression.
>They get put in labor camps and worked to near death for attempted espionage
>See what communism actually looks like

Win win
>>
>>33750959
http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/national/2017/04/23/0301000000AEN20170423001300315.html?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EBB%204.24.2017&utm_term=Editorial%20-%20Early%20Bird%20Brief
>>
>>33750965
overkill
>>
>>33750970

They'll die of exhaustion, starvation, or a bullet to the back of the head thinking "it's not real communism".
>>
So, how would everyone feel about a hypothetical war between the US/SK vs NK?

Would you support it?
>>
>>33750977

At the very least, the marksman rifle should use something with a little better long-range performance than .308. It's better than .223 for sure, but really mediocre for a full sized cartridge.
>>
>>33750984
yes
>>
>>33750413
This
>>
>>33750714
Actual for realsies Liberals are technically conservative now thanks to how far the "Progressive" (read: Neo-Marxist) shitstains have pushed the envelope.

Which really grinds my gears because I hate being in the same category as the christfags and climate change deniers, but I hate gun control and Marxism more.
>>
>>33750984

Absolutely.
>>
>>33750987
The goal is to later convert the battle rifles to an intermediate cartridge with superior long range capability like .264 USA.
>>
>>33750984

Yeah.....probably
>>
>>33750961
That is focused solely on shelling using conventional arms, and it still comes up with 100k South Korean deaths in the Seoul area. I am speaking of the whole war effort.

http://thediplomat.com/2017/04/what-would-the-second-korean-war-look-like/

A quick summary.
>>
>>33751000
desu we really should've just adopted .280 British when we had the chance

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.280_British
>>
File: 1487917112042.jpg (1MB, 2887x1844px) Image search: [Google]
1487917112042.jpg
1MB, 2887x1844px
>>33750996
>>33750989
Good to know we aint got no fagbois on here.

I'm ready for the curbstomping to commence.
>>
>>33750949
>Now that we can carry a fuck ton of stuff, why not use a battle rifle?
Because it's pointless and we could just carry *even more* stuff instead? Face it old man, battle rifles are a product of bass-ackwards 19th century romanticism. They're never coming back.
>>
>Current Year
>Buying into the Seoul is gonna be a see of fire meme

http://nautilus.org/napsnet/napsnet-special-reports/mind-the-gap-between-rhetoric-and-reality/

Honestly /k/ do a little research.
>>
>>33750992
I know that feeling man. Fucking assholes have been hijacking the term "liberal" for way too long.
>>
>>33750952
>with China machinegunning refugees in the north and SK and USA in the South.
>>
>>33751022
Acting as if there will be no problem because there's some duds is fucking stupid. What about the rest of them that actually work?
>>
>>33751020

They're talking about if power armor enters military service. If that happens they'd probably return to battle rifles because two of the reasons for intermediate cartridges (light weight and low recoil) are rendered irrelevant, and they'd have to be ready to fight an enemy in power armor.
>>
>>33751020
I'd personally rather stick with the AR15 in 5.56 and adopt MK262 as standard issue, and also upgrade all the M4s to free floated hand guards.
>>
>>33751042
>cables exposed
They are asking for faliure
>>
>>33749823
My brother deployed in Japan right now, I hope he bring home some nork guns.
>>
>>33751043
>Acting as if there will be no problem

He did no such thing.

your wrong, deal with it.
>>
>>33751031
It's a bunch of upper middle class faggaloons who took Gender Studies instead of History and don't know what they're talking about. They think Liberal means "generic left-wing", and that "communism isn't so bad, it just hasn't been done right".

At least the Yurofags still largely use Liberal to mean socially permissive and fiscally responsible, which is what it actually means.
>>
Is it even likely that ANYTHING at all will be done about that jumped-up fat little faggot? Inb4 edgelord, but I would love nothing more than seeing that slope manchild beg for his life on global television before being fed to the pigs.
>>
>>33750424
Actually it was well understood that fighting in the Pacific would turn into a slog, which is why the US just island hopped. However, everyone assumes the way wars are fought havnt changed which is of course not true. Precision munitions and powerful sensors among other advanced technologies mean the conventional defense of bunkers and tunnel networks won't be as effective as it was in the past. Afghanistan is a good example of how this is not always the case, but even then it's not a strategy that can be relied upon for defense in a full scale invasion.
>>
>>33751000
Then build a fucking platform for it as well (AR-13? Because 12 should be reserved for AR-based Saiga-like shotgun). It's pure idiocy to discuss the benefits of 6.5 mm caliber while trying to cram it into AR-15 or chambering overweight AR-10 in it.
>>
>>33751080

I wonder if a MOAB with its concussion effects would just fuck the entire NK line in range of Seoul....
>>
>>33751051
I agree. Free-float handguards, getting rid of the stupid 3-shot burst mode, and cutting unnecessary features like the forward assist would turn the M4 into pretty much the perfect combat rifle.
>>
>>33751089
AR is the old Armalite designation.
>>
>>33751106
M27 IAR anyone?
>>
>>33751089
I know, man, just kidding.
>>
>>33751043
The dud rate is only one factor out of six that the report talks about.

Range: The distance between Seoul and the DMZ is actually pushing the max range of NK's guns. This means there's only a limited area they can hit and it makes their firing positions extremely predictable.

Numbers: NK most likely won't deploy ALL of their artillery to target Seoul. They need to keep others in reserve to protect their borders or support attacks.

Protection: Seoul has been living under the threat of NK attack for fifty years and they've already taken massive precautions against it, not the least of which is enough shelters to house a good majority of the 20mil population.

Dud Rate: 25% is an extremely high failure rate. Would you want a gun that has a 1 in 4 chance of jamming every time you pull the trigger?

Counter Battery: US and SK artillery aren't going to be sitting still during all of this. They'll already have pre-planned targets on known NK artillery positions, in addition to radar guided CB systems that are predicted to reduce NK artillery effectiveness by 1% every hour. That's a quarter of NK artillery gone after just the first day of hostilities.

Logistics: All those guns need to be supplied with ammo and need to be moved around to avoid CB fire and airstrikes. That means lots and lots of unarmored trucks and logistic vehicles, and the USAF has gotten VERY good at spotting and taking those out.
>>
>>33750938
Imagine the day when we can legit run around with a select fire rifle chambered in .50BMG with a backpack magazine linked to it.

>>33751072
Pretty much.

To be fair on the communism thing though, they are right. The thing is we can't actually do it right because we're humans with emotions not stupid worker drones. Communism is for ants.
>>
>>33751114
>overpriced HK crap
>pointless piston system that has no real benefit and causes the gun to wear out faster
>longer and heavier than the M4
>uses non-standard parts

The M27 was a mistake.
>>
>>33751129
This does not mean it's perfectly safe and they can't be hit by massed arty which is probably just sitting there pre-aimed already. Won't be near as bad as it could be but it would be singing flowers and unicorn farts either.
>>
File: 1484502977231.jpg (157KB, 908x1021px) Image search: [Google]
1484502977231.jpg
157KB, 908x1021px
>>33751138
b-but it's easier to clean...
>>
>>33751011
For one, this isn't the fucking 1970's, SK troops aren't just gonna bum rush some random jungle.

And for two, that paper says NK going KPA primarily counter-force route is 64,000 first day (majority in first three hours)~ 80,000 one week. Batteries destroyed by direct, indirect and counter-battery fire at about 1%/hour. Unrealistic assumption of unlimited ammunition and 100% maintenance rate.

Them going civilian route obviously leads to more initial civilian casualties but counter batteries are more free to do their job.

These numbers are for the campaign itself not just Seoul. The most realistic scenario for a NK SHTFO situation is 120ishk SK for the entire war. The vast amount of casualties would be in the first day fast leveling off to something like US in Iraq.
>>
>>33751152
Yeah, they'll still do damage, but it's not going to be the "OMG SEOUL WILL BE WIPED OFF THE MAP" that NK likes to claim and the uninformed take at face value.
>>
>>33750404
North Korean elites saw what happened to Gaddafi after he gave up his nuke program and decided that nuclear deterrence is the only way for their regime to survive.
>>
>>33751169
Which is why we should invade now instead of later.
>>
>>33751167
Of course, but it's silly to imply it's not a serious threat to areas that are in range.
>>
File: 1481449959272.jpg (58KB, 850x578px) Image search: [Google]
1481449959272.jpg
58KB, 850x578px
>>33750272
Here's a picture from their special forces exercise. It's not the best picture, but it's clearly not 7.62x39. Said exercise involved storming a mockup of the Blue House, as if that's a strategically relevant target at all. It was a propaganda exercise for one of their four TV channels and nothing more. I'm willing to bet, though, that the night vision they're carrying is legit stuff given the North Korean government's known skill at smuggling everything from computers to kidnapped Thai masseurs into the country and everything from AKs and meth into foreign countries.
>>33750392
I'm sure they do have a shitload of Type 58 and Type 68 rifles in stock, but the person I replied to was arguing that they don't have AK74s. They definitely do (locally manufactured as Type 88). I'm sure the Type 58s and 68s are still used in large numbers too, but it can't really be argued
>>33750444
The Soviet Union was still paying the bills when they adopted them (which is what allowed them to allocate most domestic resources to military spending and why they fell into famine shortly after the breakup of the USSR). It's been 30 years since then, and even though North Korea is poor as fuck, I think it's safe to say that they probably have a decent amount of them in stockpiles. As many as they have Type 58s and Type 68s? Probably not, but they still likely have a decent amount of them on hand based on what we've seen come out of the country.
>>
>>33750560
>join azov styled volunteer brigade in SK
>east front 2: electric boogaloo

Who's in?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J0p-egT5vek
>>
>>33751373
>fighting a war without any kind support and getting obliterated by artillery
no thanks
>>
>>33751022
80k dead
not a issue
>>
>>33750118
I remember going to briefings on how we would seize everyone cars to evacuate non-combat persons so we could keep the military vehicles for their actual use. We were supposed to make copies of lease/registration etc to compensate later lol. Anything north of Seoul was pretty much screwed because we were supposed to delay advance for everything down south, families and medical stuff etc.
>>
File: IMG_2600.jpg (88KB, 465x650px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2600.jpg
88KB, 465x650px
>>33751373
Yeah, I'll join
>>
File: emp_attack.jpg (145KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
emp_attack.jpg
145KB, 600x600px
NK's satellite emps floating over the us in space will deter any immediate action. Also remember those odd attacks on a power station a few years ago that was never solved.

The first step is to secure our electrical grid nation wide... harden it against emp, cyber, and physical attack. Then we can deal with these insane little fuckers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4R0S1mq0yM
>>
>>33750334
Official figure say 1% of Nork arty destroyed per hour
>>
>meeting apparently scheduled for Wednesday
I can only be blueballed for so long. Either defuse the situation or blow shit up. I'm not even trying to be edgy, this has been happening my entire life and I want it to end.
>>
>>33751598
Just the other day the San Francisco power grid was attacked.
>>
File: 1466744903280.gif (108KB, 450x480px) Image search: [Google]
1466744903280.gif
108KB, 450x480px
>>33751373
With ya
>>
>>33750122
Army and Air Force push from the south against the DMZ. Navy and Muhreens pinch amphibiously from the north
>>
>>33751598
>NK's satellite emps floating over the us in space will deter any immediate action.
I'm not sure if this is /x/ or /pol/. Surely not both?!
>>
File: 1478435252758.png (11KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
1478435252758.png
11KB, 800x500px
>>33751598
>NK's satellite emps floating over the us in space will deter any immediate action.
>>
>>33751632
There you have it. What would a smaller, weaker, insane nation do to bring down a larger, stronger, predictable nation? Disrupt or destroy the power grid. Traffic lights off, nuclear power plant cooling off, water treatment off, elevators off, traffic control off, refrigerators fucking off, electronic funds cut fucking off.

A simultaneous attack with low yield high gama ray nukes, launched from tankers near any coast or a satellite, massive cyber attacks against the grid, and physical attacks by snipers or planted bombs on power stations would shut the US down.

You wouldn't recognize this country within a few weeks if large portions of the grid were taken down... or the whole damn thing.
>>
>>33751205
Hello CTR
>>
>>33751598
What's next, NK intercontinental AB lazers? Holy shit, who let /x/ out?
>>
>>33751685
Definitely a concern, but I think people underestimate just how fast we would get the grid back up and running.
>>
File: space-teriyaki048_900.jpg (323KB, 900x626px) Image search: [Google]
space-teriyaki048_900.jpg
323KB, 900x626px
>>33751666
>>33751684
A low yield nuke can be designed to put most of it's energy into gamma rays vs badaboom. This is what causes large emps. What was NKs recent response to the US? They put up another satellite. What was that odd coordinated attack on a power station in CA a few years ago by snipers? What just happened in SF? Why couldn't NK just launch a missile with an emp nuke from a tanker ship just off the coast? What about cyber attacks on the grid too?

Why not do all of these at the same time?

Why is the US's grid so wide fucking open today when all these threats are possible? Anything that can happen will happen given enough time.

Who gives a fuck about what bullets, planes, or tanks they use. There more effective weapons out there to take down large countries.

This shit is /x/ /pol/ and /k/ fuck yea
>>
Nothing is going to happen.

Want to know why? The markets have been completely normal, if there was even a sniff of a war, we would've seen changes weeks ago.
>>
>>33750182

>exhibit A
>>
>>33751725
>supporting (Trump's) potential plans to invade another country makes me a Hillary shill
I want /pol/ to leave.

I also want to see the USAF fuck a commie airforce into the stone age.
>>
>>33751746
Markets can't predict everything.
>>
>>33749994

What the fuck are these, then? Go back to COD faggot.
>>
File: 1492488595434.jpg (138KB, 1024x791px) Image search: [Google]
1492488595434.jpg
138KB, 1024x791px
>>33751763
>I also want to see the USAF fuck a commie airforce into the stone age.
this
>>
>>33750780
what do you base this on?
>>
>>33751746
If war is going to happen, I don't expect it to happen for a month or two. Sounds like Trump wants an actual declaration.
>>
>>33751763
Yes
>>
>>33751745
>>33751598
Coordinated sniper attack on power grid. Never solved.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/02/snipers-coordinated-an-attack-on-the-power-grid-but-why/283620/

NK ship traveling from Cuba through the Panama Canal found to contain surface to air missiles under hundreds of pounds of sugar.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/north-korean-ship-carrying-hidden-missile-equipment-detained-after-leaving-f6C10647045
>>
>>33751763
Yes goyim, let us invade and regime change a country that's not attacking us, don't worry about how we'll pay for it, just upvote like and subscribe, that'll show those libcucks
>>
>>33751745
You're now doubling down on your North Korean nuke EMP satellite claim. Nice.

If you aren't a /x/ retard already you should try it out, you'd fit right in.
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 236x369px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 236x369px
>>33751763
I need 1080p gun cam footage of old shitting MiGs and prop planes melting under a sea of cannon and missiles. Like fucking yesterday
>>
>>33751782
And we got F-22s and F-35s now. It will be a turkey shoot.
>>
>>33751824
Yeah I have an imagination... got me! You're ignoring the sniper attack and what just happened in LA and SF recently. Keep jacking off about rifles, jets, and aircraft carriers. Sorry there are more potent nation killers out there champ.
>>

Barring china jumping in, it would go existentially poorly for Best korea, shitty for Worst Korea, and aside from the US's bases there getting fucked up at the start, the US would probably clean house.

if China decides to fight the us, as opposed to just annexing North Korea itself before anyone else gets the chance, then we'd be in for some shit.
>>
>>33749823
Probably would end up being a race to whoever gets a puppet state going in NK.
>>
>>33751823
>not attacking us

Nigga

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROKS_Cheonan_sinking
>>
>>33750410
>tell that to the dead soldiers in the middle east
>>
>>33751685
Are you that same guy from a few months ago who went on about "eggheads" and how it was supposedly easy to take down the electrical grid?
Protip: It's not
Other protip: EMPs are massively overhyped
>>
>>33751875
Newfriend here.

I have a hard time believing that the second some shit popped off that we or our allies wouldn't erase these satellites from existence. These people can barley(I'm using that term lightly) get missiles off the ground and you expect me to believe that they are able to maintain satellites? For all we know they put up a cardboard box with crayon and a stick for an antenna.
>>
File: 1427237374579.gif (2MB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
1427237374579.gif
2MB, 659x609px
>>33751851

like the GW1 Iraqi highway slaughter but over their entire military infrastructure
>>
File: ASM-135_ASAT_5.jpg (1MB, 2400x2977px) Image search: [Google]
ASM-135_ASAT_5.jpg
1MB, 2400x2977px
>>33751960
We can take out satellites with F-15s if we have to, never mind our secret space planes.
>>
>>33750008
I think once N Koreans are exposed to the real world (food, electricity, etc) they will give up Grand Leader immediately.

I don't believe they are actual fanatics, just slaves.
>>
>>33750938
Rifle is fine
>>
File: 1364929711938.jpg (117KB, 459x303px) Image search: [Google]
1364929711938.jpg
117KB, 459x303px
>>33751827
*insert brrrrrrt here*
>>
File: 1430525320956.jpg (16KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1430525320956.jpg
16KB, 306x306px
>>33750947
you know it

>>33750938
dats raciss!
>>
>>33749823

I wanna be drafted to fight in Vietnork.
>>
>>33751936
>ROKS Cheonan
>ROKS
Not our ship, not our war, not our problem. If South Korea wants a war, let them fight it and let them pay for it. Our military is a disaster, our economy is a disaster, a war would be a disaster, believe me, bigly. We need to focus on our coal miners and the poor Syrian babies, those beautiful babies
>>
File: 1402004671807.jpg (37KB, 396x382px) Image search: [Google]
1402004671807.jpg
37KB, 396x382px
Someone with more skills than I should make a Nork-US war thread bingo
>>
>>33750790
It's known with reasonable certainty that N Korea cannot miniaturize their nuclear weapons. They don't have small warheads and they definitely don't have suitcase nukes

They're still in the big bomb phase. Most, if not all, of their nuclear tests are static; i.e., the bomb is placed into position and then detonated, not launched or dropped.
>>
>>33750944
You're missing his point. All predictions and simulations of the Gulf War predicted 10,000 American casualties or more. It was supposed to be bloody. All the rhetoric was there. They promised elite brigades fighting to the death.

What was the final American casualty count before surrender? A few hundred?
>>
>>33751875
>Yeah I have an imagination
That and you're delusional. Those two go together more often than not. Enjoy your North Korean stealth EMP geostationary nuclear satellite fantasies, Mr. /x/ kiddo.
>>
>>33750225
We have a winner.
>>
File: 8hyfpfy.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
8hyfpfy.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>33751598
>>33751745
>>33751875

How's your idea complete bullshit? Lets count the ways.

1) You don't have an imagination. You stole your idea from pic related. Whats next? Is best Korea gonna stage amphibious assaults from converted cargo containers?

2) North Korea has only launched 5 orbital rockets thusfar. Out of those, only two satellites successfully made it into orbit.

3) The two satellites in orbit are no more than Sputnik-sized boxes with solar panels slapped to them. Even if they were super secret high speed EMP bombs, they are too small to create a pulse that would wipe out large swath's of the country's power grid.

4) The US and the rest of the world have been tracking their positions since they entered orbit. If we go to war with North Korea and they all of a sudden change orbit and make a beeline towards the US, we'd know. And they're at a low enough orbit that leaves them vulnerable to any ASAT weaponry we can throw at them.

go back to /x/ and/or /pol/
>>
>>33752143
>What was the final American casualty count before surrender? A few hundred?
While I agree that what you suggest may be possible, I have to say it will be, without doubt, bloodier than 1991. It is worthwhile to mention the following:
Kuwait didn't feature:
>terrain which funnels all advances, supply convoys and reinforcements through a very limited number of possible paths, all of which are planned and cited with artillery they've had 60+ years to dig in
>terrain and climate which makes fast, violent manuever warfare far, far more difficult and complicated
>60+ years to dig in, plan and supply defense in depth positions across the entire country
>direct, close borders with two other very significant military powers who will both want a piece of the resource and political pie in any reunification without having to deal with any rebuilding or refugees
>>
File: 1413208623436.jpg (31KB, 396x382px) Image search: [Google]
1413208623436.jpg
31KB, 396x382px
Someone with more skills than I should make a Nork-US war thread bingo
>>
File: IS FINE COMRADE.jpg (141KB, 570x760px) Image search: [Google]
IS FINE COMRADE.jpg
141KB, 570x760px
>>33752032
>>
South Korea and her allies, including the United States, have every advantage in the medium-long term and will eventually 'win' the conflict. However, in the short term North Korea can likely inflict heavy casualties on the South Korean civilian population in Seoul. Tens of thousands or more.
>>
>>33749823

Initially a blood bath as we try to push across the DMZ only to realize to our horror that they are dug in like ticks with thousands of miles of tunnels and basically an underground Ho Chi Minh trail. Hidden artillery pieces all perfectly zeroed to every major road juncture rain death down on our troops for weeks on end. Eventually China gets involved just like last time claiming that it's a humanitarian issue and begin slipping in arms among the food shipments leading to further escalation. We bomb a supply train coming from China killing the crew causing China to begin openly supporting North Korea with air strikes. Congrats America WW3 has just started.
>>
>>33752274

Which is why everyone in their right mind is hoping that North Korea will capitulate on its nuclear ambitions and accept the protection of China's security umbrella.
>>
>>33752274
Note: the North Koreans have nukes but have yet to display the capability to deliver them.
>>
>>33750883
Because they had months to build up, wage an uncontested air campaign, and had tons of flat land to execute the greatest offensive strike the world has ever seen with a military that had been built up over for over a decade and build around conventional warfare.

North Korea won't be Iraq, it'll be Okinawa and Iwo Jima with brutal winters and a starving population to care for and protect, assuming they don't commit mass suicide or fight to the bitter end.
>>
What I don't know is how South Korean public opinion and government feel about reunification. Is it supported? Something they'd advocate for? Or avoid?
>>
>tfw comfy full ride college student wanting to become a doctor
>US war with Nork is a possibility
>want to enlist for my own personal taste of hell if things go to shit in the event that China intervenes directly
Maybe I should sign up for ROTC
>>
>>33752328
The US still enjoys dramatic overmatch for any air campaign. The smart thing to do is destroy Kim's toys and tell him that we can suffer his regime, but we cannot suffer his regime to possess nuclear weapons and the means to deliver them. After we've done that, we beg them not to make us go back.
>>
Any attack on the Norks would be a violation of the armistice. Once that first shot is fired, the US and China are technically and by international law at war. Not that they couldn't make a seperate peace within seconds, but still.
>>
>>33752206
>Free space: Nothing Happens
>"It's actually happening this time!"
>NK Sabre rattling
>US show of force
>Random radio chatter taken out of context
>NK missile testing
>Norks kills a couple South Korean
>Norks """""allegedly""""" kill a couple South Koreans
>"NK DMZ artillery will wipe out the entirety of South Korea"
>/k/ommandos begging for another war
>A retarded NK military exercise that is clearly propaganda

All I could think of, load up MS Paint and go to town nigger it's not that hard.
>>
>>33752349
It would be the equivalent of suddenly receiving 25 million homeless, starving retards that you now have to take care of
It would be disastrous and nobody wants it
>>
>>33752296
I wouldn't put it past the Norks to nuke themselves in the even of a US invasion.
>>
>>33752274

Yes South Korea and America do have the edge in a longer drawn out conflict and would probably win. In any short term conflict North Korea could be way more prepared than anyone could imagine having 64 years to prepare. They crater Seoul with conventional artillery pieces alone saving their nuclear weapons for any SK or American counter attack.
>>
>>33752385

Better to die on ones feet than to live on ones knees.
>>
>>33751782
Okay, who was the ass that lost an F-16?
>>
>>33752395

I don't get why people say this as if the South Korean military has been built for any other purpose than defeating North Korea.
>>
>>33752354

Or the Chinese could take this opportunity to eliminate their single greatest competitor for global supremacy.
>>
>>33752353
And they invade the Republic of Korea because they have to save face. Their entire way of life revolves around the idea that they suffer to protect themselves from us. If we just fucked with them and walked away it would reveal how impotent the government really is.
>>
>>33752395
I've had amerifags tell me that in the event of a war, US airpower will lead with a decapitation strike, taking out all of the NK CnC elements. With the NKs being a Soviet system, and having no-one in charge any more, will utterly lack any form of initiative, and so will either surrender, or be so ineffective as to be a total non-issue.
>>
File: C-NVuYZXYAEl5Kq.jpg large.jpg (188KB, 1242x1145px) Image search: [Google]
C-NVuYZXYAEl5Kq.jpg large.jpg
188KB, 1242x1145px
>Operation Gotham Shield begins today
>Meeting with entire senate in two days
>Minute man test in two days
You're missing the point.
>>
>>33752431
Why would China fuck with Russia?
>>
>>33752430
Because the strategy in Korea has always been to delay until reinforcements from the US arrive.
>>
>>33752431
>Chinese
>take out the U.S.

Them and what force projection?
>>
>>33752431
>China
>Militarily defeat the US
Okay Xi, you can stop posting now
>>
>>33752437
More likely you'll get holdouts who hide in the mountains for thirty years.
>>
>>33752445
I'm actually a part of Gotham Shield. We do scenarios like this pretty often, this is just one of those times where it's been highly publicized.
>>
File: bizon.png (115KB, 324x926px) Image search: [Google]
bizon.png
115KB, 324x926px
>>33751771
What the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>33752429
Just found this in wikipedia

>Afghanistan claimed to have shot down one Pakistani F-16A during an encounter on 29 April 1987; the pilot ejected safely and landed in Pakistani territory. Pakistani authorities admitted to having lost a fighter jet to enemy fighters, but suggested that it may have been either an F-16 or an F-6 and insisted it was attacked over Pakistani territory.[65] Subsequently, Pakistani officials confirmed that the loss was an F-16, but asserted it was accidentally shot down in a friendly fire incident during a dogfight with enemy aircraft over Pakistani territory. According to this claim, Flight Lieutenant Shahid Sikandar Khan’s F-16 was hit by an AIM-9 missile fired by another F-16 piloted by Squadron Leader Amjad Javed.[66]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Dynamics_F-16_Fighting_Falcon_operational_history
>>
File: EndWar_JSF.jpg (211KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
EndWar_JSF.jpg
211KB, 1280x720px
>>33750901
>>33750949

>Power armor
>7.62

WE ENDWAR NOW
>>
File: 1488335603253.jpg (14KB, 700x510px) Image search: [Google]
1488335603253.jpg
14KB, 700x510px
Can't wait.
The f35 need live targets
>>
>>33750020
I have no idea why you would decide to build the largest population center and capital of south korea within range of north korean artillery and a few minutes drive from the border, the north will be stopped before they can occupy the majority of the city but why build it there in the first place, seems like a really big oversight.
>>
>>33752430

Are you shitting me man? The SK army will fight a delaying action hoping and praying the Americans come to the rescue just like last time. The NK army is built to zerg rush and push to Busan and if they aren't they are stupid. All they need to do it take Busan and they can force a peace that we might not like but the only alternative is a D-Day style invasion. Cause you can be damn sure China isn't going to let us use their territory as a jumping off point.
>>
File: 1489617070052.jpg (67KB, 552x800px) Image search: [Google]
1489617070052.jpg
67KB, 552x800px
>>33749823

My main concern is Russia and China

Will they try to pull a fast one and support NK or will they back up the US

the thought of the us russia and China working together militarily makes my dick hard
>>
File: IMG_8360.png (531KB, 550x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8360.png
531KB, 550x384px
>>33752452
>Nobody talking about the real big dog
INDIA STRONK
SUPERPOWER BY 2030
PREPARE FOR THE CURRY THUNDER
>>
>>33752516
What happened to superpower by 2020?
>>
File: MEKA.png (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
MEKA.png
33KB, 300x300px
>>33752494
How long before SK weaponizes their Starcraft players?
>>
>>33752492
>>33752429
or this

>Turkish Defence Minister İsmet Yılmaz stated that Turkish F-16D Block40 (s/n 91-0023) of 192 Filo was shot down by a Greek Mirage 2000 with a R.550 Magic II missile on 8 October 1996 after violating Greek airspace near Chios island
>>
>>33752523
Efficient Indian bureaucracy
>>
>>33752511
My theory is that if it went nuclear, or got close to it, China would turn NK into an irradiated wasteland to avoid a refugee crisis. Who the fuck is gonna say anything?
>>
>>33752499
>The SK army will fight a delaying action hoping and praying the Americans come to the rescue just like last time. The NK army is built to zerg rush and push to Busan and if they aren't they are stupid
Yeah, this isn't the 80s anymore, South Korea has eclipsed the North considerably in conventional capabilities. It'd be like if the Soviet Union survived but remained stuck somewhere in the mid 70s while the US just kept advancing and went balls deep into its planned 90s procurement like assault breaker.
>>
>>33752533
Japan, South Korea, the entire rest of the fucking world
>>
File: 1449100632766.webm (3MB, 422x236px) Image search: [Google]
1449100632766.webm
3MB, 422x236px
>>33752523
>>33752516

INDIA IS THE MOST BEST ARMED FORCES IN ASIA! CHINA AND PIG PAKI GOT NOTHING ON GREAT INDIA
JAI HIND!
INDIA ZINZABAD!
>>
>>33752511

I'd love to see Russia, China, and North Korea decide to ally themselves against America. Red Dawn here we come!
>>
>>33749976

Korea... Korea... wasnt there something like that already?

Remind me again how did that one go?
>>
>>33752588
A draw.
>>
File: nuclearbingo.png (146KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
nuclearbingo.png
146KB, 800x800px
Benis :DDD
>>
>>33752588

North Korea BTFO, ended in a tie thanks to intervention from a very different and far more hostile China than the one that exists today.
>>
>>33752516
Had some curry thunder after the last time I went to the local indian place
>>
>>33752366
Working on it
>>
>>33752588
>comparing early 50s NK to now is fair and makes perfect sense
Wanna tell me how much support the Soviets and Mao are gonna give them now?
>>
>>33749823
Seoul and the South side of the DMZ will get fucked by artillery unless we have preemptive missile/nuclear strikes on their literal millions of artillery pieces aimed at the South. In this case, NK's primitive weaponry is to their advantage. You can shoot down a missile or at least blow it up in midair, but artillery is coming down either way. After that NK will have their mad gook cousins assfucking them at the DMZ with American equipment, and missiles U.S. fleet and a shit ton of CAS turning what little military infrastructure they have into rubble within a couple hours. Considering they can't consistently launch missiles successfully even under test conditions, I doubt they will have any of those available. The entire regime would crumble within a couple days, and any militias would be starving within a week or so. There would be maybe around 10k SK civilian casualties from artillery, a couple thousand military casualties, a couple hundred to around a thousand U.S. casualties, plus a couple dozen thousand military and civilian casualties for the North plus twenty million refugees at best (Would probably end up in China).
>>
>>33752576
What exactly would North Korea be expected to contribute to such an alliance? Cannon fodder?
>>
>>33752498
As stupid as it sounds, it's for two reasons: it's the old capital of Goreyo, the pre-korea kingdom, and secondly, the reason they didn't move it post war is because the capital city needs "mountains, rivers, and fields" to be considered a true ruling city.
>>
>>33752555

Again zerg rush man doesn't matter how advanced your weapons are if they start driving and don't stop till we're pushed into the sea we lose. They have vastly more troops and artillery pieces then the SK and Americans have on their side of the border. A Cold War era artillery piece still kills you just as good as a precision guided bomb dropped from 25k feet.
>>
>>33752632
Tradition, in other words.
>>
>>33752624

Of course man troops all armed with modern AK-74's and modern weapons that don't date to the 1950s'. Come on it'll be fun.
>>
>>33752642
A zerg rush still has to pass through heavily defended choke points, no matter how many bodies they throw at the problem.
>>
>>33751745
Your NK satellite EMP claim is literally impossible. No technology on Earth can make that feasible.

I don't care to explain why and I have no interest in discussing this with you. You're too far gone.
>>
>>33752677

I don't think you realize just how fanatical they were in the first Korean war the little fuckers didn't stop for anything and just pushed. It was so bad the Americans always made sure they had an escape route as surrender wasn't an option.
>>
>>33752677
They more than likely already have infiltrators on standby, just as they always have.
>>
>>33752490
Not him but the rifles in his picture are obviously not bizons

>calling someone else a cod fagggot and then calling all ak variants ak-fourtysevensss.
>>
>>33752490
You're a fucking retard
>>
>>33752490
Those aren't Bizons, those are helical ak mags on type 88s which are 5.45.
>>
File: 1485471865588.jpg (757KB, 1137x951px) Image search: [Google]
1485471865588.jpg
757KB, 1137x951px
>>33752642
>>33752642
>>33752642
>>33752642

Zerg doesn't feel
Zerg doesn't think

North Koreans are famished poor little human beings. Who at the first sign of salvation will drop their munitions and surrender themselves.
>>
>>33752714
The M-16 and related developments all descended from lessons learned in World War 2 and Korea; automatic service rifles would help - nevermind our no-conscript army and modern sights.
>>
>>33752744

You don't get just how brainwashed the folks up there are do you?
>>
>>33749976
>>33749994
NK's standard rifle is a 74 clone
>>
>>33752791
>>33752791
>>33752791
>>33752791
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQnVluC2kEI
>>
>>33752642
>Again zerg rush man doesn't matter how advanced your weapons are if they start driving and don't stop till we're pushed into the sea we lose
There's a reason the Gulf War made the Chinese freak out and abandon this approach. PGMs aren't a meme, they're not the be-all end-all of warfare either but the Soviets could see the writing on the wall as early as the 70s.
>>
>>33752516
India is impossible to invade, good luck trying to drive tanks through poo fields
>>
>>33752622
>literal millions of artillery pieces
These claims get wilder and wilder. First NK has nuclear EMP satellites, now NK has "millions of artillery pieces".

I expected more from /k/, I don't know.
>>
>>33752744
The problem is that we have only one conflict to base Nork behavior off of. They were completely batshit during it, but the country is so closed and so much has happened in the intervening years that we have no idea what to do with that lonely data point. I have no idea how their soldiers will react to being shot at and I don't trust anyone here who says they do.
>>
>>33752871
Lets not forget that South Korea has over 1000 M109s.
>>
>>33752490
This:
>>33751771
Is clearly not a bizon, note the differences in barrel length, gas system, magazine dimensions, etc.
>>
>>33752873

+1 they could all be just as fanatical as last time in which case SK and the Americans there are fucked. I'd actually could see China jumping in at the last minute for that last push on Busan as the NK troops execute any remaining Americans at the docks. They would have nothing to lose as any post war peace would be negotiated.
>>
>>33752873
I am certain the North Koreans have several thousand, if not couple hundred thousand, die-hard fanatics. But I just can't imagine their entire armed forces being as fanatical as they are made out to be.

But then again, Japan has certainly showed that an entire military of a nation can be fanatical to the point of suicide.

It's an interesting subject, and one I have been dying to see unfold for quite some time.

In my observation I believe the majority of North Koreans would welcome liberation.
>>
>>33750992
Face it: you're a Libertarian.
>>
>>33749823
We will wreck their shit, but make no mistake. People will die. A lot of people.

North Korea still has a huge army and a heavily indoctrinated population, we won't just erase them from the face of the earth without a problem.
A US-NK war, or any war on NK soil will also create a MASSIVE humanitarian crisis.
>>
>>33752871
Anything from a mortar to a Paris gun is an "artillery piece". The norms have enormous amounts of old shit the USSR and PRC dropped on them when they moved mainly to rocket artillery. I don't know about millions, but hundreds of thousands isn't too farfetched
>>
>>33752962
>they could all be just as fanatical as last time in which case SK and the Americans there are fucked
You mean when they faced a severely underequipped and unprepared ROK army and a token, almost insignificant American force? Neither the SKs or Task Force Smith even had weapons capable of taking out North Korean tanks, that paradigm has been massively reversed these days to say the least. It doesn't matter how fanatical you are when the enemy might as well be using space magic and PGMs are striking deep behind your lines, decapitating your leadership, disrupting your communications and raping any follow on forces.
>>
>>33750190
This.

>>33750212
Sure, they won't allow the US to have a stronger military presence there for a longer time, but even they have grown tired of NK.
>>
>>33750263
>NK will one day fall
>That is without a doubt
>Better now than later
Basically this.

It would be better to eradicate the NKn regime now, they they apparently still haven't fully figured out their ICBM and nuke capabilities and/or are massively susceptible to cyber warfare.
>>
File: 1456954246273.jpg (21KB, 312x345px) Image search: [Google]
1456954246273.jpg
21KB, 312x345px
>mfw far away from the coasts so if NK manages to strike US mainland with something I'll be good
>>
File: barack-obama-smile.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
barack-obama-smile.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>33753145
>mfw european, so super irrelevant in any of this.
>>
>>33752873
>http://newfocusintl.com/secret-item-found-in-every-north-korean-home/
The country isn't as closed as you think. To I'm sure the glorious leaders dismay, not everyone is a diehard un fanatic bullet catcher at home.

Hopefully, if war ever breaks out I'd hope we'd respond hard at fast. Breaking the peoples will to fight is paramount.

Now that I think about it.... I'd like to know if SK and the US has a pretty good idea where the regimes most loyal soldiers/civilians are distributed. Surely Kim's personal guard etc?
>>
>>33752622
That seems awfully optimistic.
>>
>>33752616

About 10,000 nukes and 1 billion people.

American expansionism will be stopped somewhere, just like the UN tried to stop Communism back in the 20th century.

The Eastern bloc wont watch forever.
>>
>>33753228
>About 10,000 nukes
AHAHAHAHa no, try 260.
>>
>all the /pol/ack traitors ITT going 'nuh muh isolationism fuck drumpf'

If Trump pulls this off and leads us into a curbstomp war against the Norks, I think I might actually vote for him in '20.
>>
>>33752328
>because they curb stomped the opposition

Is what you meant to say. Uncontested air war was because they targeted and destroyed saddam's supposedly sophisticated ADN right off the bat. They had all that flat land from which to mount an offensive by routing every defender that occupied it and turning back every counter attack. And while the US was building up forces to prevent Saddam from expanding his power, Saddam was building up 'in order' to expand his power. You may as well say the Iraq war was a curb stomp only because it was so well executed. Even the Russians were forced to take a step back and reevaluate their ability to mount an effective defense against NATO. In fact, the Iraq war is precisely what prompted the Chinese to abandon their doctorine of cheap and plentiful and start developing a more technologically advanced military
>>
>>33753259
Russian won't give a shit btw.
>>
>>33753281
Trump won't play any part in an eventual war. It would be the generals and mattis doing all the work, while Trump raves about his ratings and his electoral college win.
>>
>>33750185
Yeah, the US would probably turn everything near the nork-china border to ash
>>
>>33753299
And? Who cares? The important thing is that him and his administration are leading us into a war and putting us back on top as the ones with that you don't fuck with, after 8 years of jack fucking shit and letting China take over the world.

Fuck off with your isolationist bullshit you commie chink sympathizer.
>>
>>33753299

Thank god for that.

>>33753309

If you can remember from 5 months ago, Trump himself was pushing an isolationist stance with his "America First" policy.
>>
>>33753343
>america first
Means nothing. Campaign promises don't mean jack shit. What means shit is action, and right now? Right now the action is towards pushing in a bunch of commie chinks shit.
Now stop flailing your propaganda around you jewish fuckpuppet.
>>
>>33750905
kek
>>
>>33753309
there, there, please don't cry. I didn't mean to trigger you.

Trump is the stupidest, most unfit president we ever had and anything smart that that administration does comes from the real government or Mattis. Just making sure you know that.

>b...b...but her emails!
>>
>>33753381
>t. buttmad alt-right jew puppet sad that the president isn't playing along with his genocidal fantasies
>>
File: North Korean Bingo.png (3MB, 2740x2592px) Image search: [Google]
North Korean Bingo.png
3MB, 2740x2592px
>>33749823
My shit contribution
>>
>>33753343
>America First
This doesn't mean what you think it does. He has said multiple times that he is not an isolationist.
>>
>>33753343
Was "bomb them and take their oil" part of his isolationist stance, dingbat? I'd imagine protecting American interests coincides with any supposed "America First" policy.
>>
>>33753400
that's not a bingo board
>>
>>33753393
lol, hell no.

Alt-righters can go die for all I care.
>>
>>33749823
real shitty for us and south korea when we have to bring a country made of glass stuck in the 1970s to the 2010s
>>
>>33753419
Think of it as day /k/ bingo
>>
>>33750263
>China has said things that imply support
China says all sorts of things, they're never going to accept US troops on their borders.

>NK will one day fall
They completely understand that but they want to control the process, because of both the inevitable refugee tide on their border as well as the US troops.

>>33750319
>I would expect the South Koreans (duh), Japan, and the fucking kangaroos to be involved for sure.
Japan would have very limited involvement, they're not popular in Worst Korea. Maybe their Not-Really-A-Navy might get involved at sea though, supporting the US CSG would be good experience for them.

>>33750482
>the SK government has a bunker waiting for them at all times
Very likely but to be fair, Seoul probably has bunkers for the same purpose. Lots of cities have civilian bomb shelters and it's not like Seoul doesn't know about this danger. You'd assume they have plans.

>>33750537
>They have FUCKLOADS of arty. I don't think we could seriously wipe it out before they rained shells and rockets on the south
You can reasonably assume that the ROK has its own arty set for counter-battery fire at all times, they're just as prepared as Best Korea but they have way more money and technology to be prepared with.

>>33750560
>I bet the antifa commies will probably defect to NK to fight with the peasants.
/pol/tard wishful thinking. The left sympathises with peasants, not human-rights violating dictators.

>>33750714
>Anti-fa is extreme progressives. Probably not a single actual for realsies liberal among them.
You know, you're irl correct but '4chan wrong'. When anons on 4chan say liberal they just showing that they're a moron who thinks anyone they hate is a liberal. They're using the word like Rorschach does "intellectuals, smooth-talkers, liberals', to mean people smarter than them who disagree with them.

Liberals are neither left or right exactly since both extremes are authoritarian but they fit a little better with the soft-left.
>>
>>33753381
>we ever had
Stop LARPing Euronigger.
>>
>>33753451
Great post. Although Japan has the 4th biggest Navy in the world, so...yeah.
>>
>>33752490
Are you blind?
>>
>>33752616
Jack shit, you idiots give the slavs too much credit in their capability. The chinks may or may not do something probably nothing more than last time and just put enough of a fight to keep from having a western nation on their border. Mainly the chinks do not want nork refugees so they will be at the border to shoot/turn them around.
>>
>>33753459
>You don't like the inept idiot I voted for, who had a car accident of a First 100 days.

>e....e....eurocuck!!!!!!!!
>>
>>33753451
>The left sympathises with peasants, not human-rights violating dictators
Though I'll agree that only the most contrarian leftists nowadays unironically support the Kims, that never stopped much of the 60s left from heaping adulation on Mao.
>>
>>33751948
Bet most americans got hit by 7.62x54r and DAKKA.
>>
>>33753524
>>>/pol/
>>
>>33751055
>They are asking for faliure
It's some sort of sentry shotgun from memory. Capable of auto-kill too

The exposed cables do look a little weird but I'd have to assume that it's been tested for rain, even if those look like stock coax jacks, maybe they're still waterproof?

>>33751072
>It's a bunch of upper middle class faggaloons who took Gender Studies instead of History and don't know what they're talking about. They think Liberal means "generic left-wing", and that "communism isn't so bad, it just hasn't been done right".
It's not just the left corrupting it, conservatives like labeling liberals as marxists since not getting up tight about premarital sex is obviously cultural marxism, right?

Being hated by the same people tends to push people together too.

Go on /pol/ and post about being liberal and see what names they call you.
>>
>>33753524
Thanks for admitting to it, anon. LARPing as an American isn't required to state your dismay for Trump. Feel better now?
>>
>>33753562
Oh I hate the /pol/acks too. Both sides are retarded assholes. The Tradcons are just less of an immediate threat than Marxism.
>>
>>33753586
Well, yeah, but there's literally no chance of Marxism right now, whole Tradcons are bending over backwards for or have been completely absorbed by the tea party.
>>
>>33751129
>They'll already have pre-planned targets on known NK artillery positions
Not to mention that SK has high-res satellite imagery and NK probably only has google maps. The ROK arty is working off way better intelligence than NK.

>>33751169
>North Korean elites saw what happened to Gaddafi after he gave up his nuke program and decided that nuclear deterrence is the only way for their regime to survive.
That's definitely true, though it's an all-in gambit since it makes conflict way more likely in the meantime.

>>33751294
>the night vision they're carrying is legit stuff given the North Korean government's known skill at smuggling
They just buy it from China. You think China can't make NVG? It could even be civilian models though military quality is probably obtainable in China. There's nothing really stopping an NK agent from going to China with a briefcase of money and paying a factory to make a consignment of NVG to high specs. It's just business inside of China and no reason why China would stop it happening, even if they actually knew it was going on at the time.

>>33751734
>Definitely a concern, but I think people underestimate just how fast we would get the grid back up and running.
desu, the unregulated energy market does more damage to the power grid than an actual opfor could. Capitalism has hardened the repair systems out of necessity.

>>33751725
>/pol/tardery
Fuck off
>>
>>33751782
Why is the mig 23 such junk?
>>
>>33753494
>Japan has the 4th biggest Navy in the world
Really? I didn't know. I actually meant that according to their constitution, they really have the 4th biggest coast-guard in the world or something like that. I didn't mean that it was shit because I'm sure it's not.

>>33753208
>Breaking the peoples will to fight is paramount
Non-existent. They just have a will not to be shot as unpatriotic traitors. Protect them from the political officers and they'll go back to their farms.

>>33752328
>Because they had months to build up
The USA has been in SK for decades, they're nicely built up there already. Actual battalions could be flown over there very quickly too, it's close and has first-rate airports and all the deployment plans have been written up decades ago and updated constantly.
>>
>>33753281

I hope youll be the first to sign up.
>>
>>33751898
>Barring china jumping in
They would though, they'd play brinksman-ship to dare USA to bomb their troops. Which the USA wouldn't because fuck WWIII.

Here's my prediction:
Shit happens, USAF goes to town, fast movers all over NK except the Chinese border.
Zergs in the DMZ are blown to fuck by the Fulda-gap level of preplanned defenses, there WERE nuclear landmines placed there but they're probably just conventional stuff now.

Seoul has a bad day but probably not as bad as everyone thinks, they're expecting it, they have bunkers and shit.

ROK counter-battery arty degrades NK arty and gradually controls that situation. USAF helps a lot with this. NK AF is mostly kept in bunkers because it would just get shot down anyway, some of it defects to China or is just sent there for safe-keeping.

When it comes to ROK troops crossing the border, China masses it's own troops at their own border.
When USA troops move over, China enters from the north 'as an ally' of NK.

China enters and 'defends' Pyongyang before USA gets that far north. USA conventional troops stop in the south while China finds and takes lil' Kim into protective custody. USA SOF are probably already at the nuke facilities guiding PGNs and MOABs and eventually moving in on foot to secure intel, extract materials and blow shit up. This might include the first hostile use of a backpack nuke as the SOF could use a nuclear demolition charge to collapse the mountain facilities. They could probably land a big enough demo on a helo and wheel it into place too though.

Some shit-talking goes on internationally and then USA says that they've succeeded in terminating the NK aggression "Mission Accomplished" and accept China's stewardship of the NK situation.

China puts a puppet NK general in power who promptly has lil' Kim executed. The whole Juche thing gets toned down but it's basically business as usual without the nukes and maybe they move gradually closer to reunification.
>>
China will get involved because of NK tried to start start anything, they would get ass raped. China doesn't want The US to station any defensive hardware at their border.
>>
>>33754001
Splitting NK would make reunification inevitable. Because in no situation will ground gained in a US and SK push be forfeited to China.

West and East Germany all over again, seems extremely counter productive in my opinion. If China is still so autistic about muh buffer zone they should be trying harder to defuse the situation.
>>
>>33753079
>MASSIVE humanitarian crisis.

communists aren't human
>>
>>33754085

+1 everyone says no way China gets directly involved which I call bullshit for this exact reason. China wants North Korea they need North Korea as a buffer to a capitalistic and democratic state in the south. They may also face ~25 million starving North Koreans deciding they would still rather live under a quasi communist regime than join the capitalist pigs.
>>
>>33754001

This is probably the most plausible thing I've heard in a long time regarding the current situation and a possible outcome.
>>
File: IMG_6531.jpg (437KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6531.jpg
437KB, 768x1024px
>>33752192
Had to tend to shit, I'm back. I'm sure the Romans looked down on the barbarians too. It's not my idea, it's based on what I heard from this guy in the interview I provided >>33751598 Here's an up to date quote from his bio:

"Dr. Peter Vincent Pry is Executive Director of the Task Force on National and Homeland Security, a congressional advisory board dedicated to achieving protection of the United States from electromagnetic pulse (EMP) and other threats on an accelerated basis. Dr. Pry also is Director of the United States Nuclear Strategy Forum, an advisory body to Congress on policies to counter Weapons of Mass Destruction."

Holy shit he might know what he's talking about. Aaaand he was involve in Able Archer 83 exercises:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Able_Archer_83

What he talks about in the interview is based on the fact that NK has done multiple low yield nuke tests since 2004. We sit back and go "lol look how whimpy their little bomb was" While an EMP specific device would have a low yield.

Then they start launching satellites and we go: "haha! it's just a cardboard box with a few solar panels! Weak!" But we really have no idea what the fuck is in those things, could be an small EMP nuke. Or is that impossible?

Article about the satellites and guy I mentioned earlier. They travel over the US already, no need to change orbit. And they have the option to detonate them preemptively, before we could take them down.

http://www.wnd.com/2016/04/emp-alert-2-n-korean-satellites-now-orbit-over-u-s/

Once again it's not my idea, it's coming from a source who's trying to get fuckers on board to harden our electronic grid infrastructure.

Oh, and you didn't address the sniper attacks on the power station a few years back that was never solved. No motive or gunman discovered. Also the recent power outages in major cites on the west coast.

I'll make it a special task to put more of this out there, after witnessing the silly resistance
>>
>>33754528

Man I'd love to see something like this happen massive EMP attack on the continental United States. I work in IT so no work for me for a few years at least while we get basic services back up. But after that nothing but work for decades while we rebuild the entire internet. Maybe correcting some of the mistakes we made in the initial design.
>>
File: 1491095913743.jpg (152KB, 818x503px) Image search: [Google]
1491095913743.jpg
152KB, 818x503px
>>33754528
Please just stop. It's getting sad.
>>
>>33754277
>If China is still so autistic about muh buffer zone they should be trying harder to defuse the situation
To a degree, NK acting out benefits them because it makes USA turn to China to control them.

China needs to have a say in reunification because they need to make sure that the USA loses its bases in the reunified Korea. Of course, USA doesn't want to give up a base so close to China so it's constant shit-talking from both sides.

>>33754277
>Splitting NK would make reunification inevitable
Everyone agrees that it probably is anyway, just a matter of pacing and what causes it. It could be a way to do it very gracefully. Like how there is currently a shared industrial complex, gradually incorporating NK villages into SK and umm, I guess you can actually call it an uplift, the gap is so large. Basically as an aid program, the SK could incorporate a certain number of villages each year until they get to Pyongyang.

It would take a compliant/cooperative regime in Best Korea but post-war, China could ensure that one is installed. However a key requirement would be that the USA base would have to go and that's a hard one to get USA to agree to.
>>
>>33754528
>muh barbarians

Except the "barbarians" were on par with the Romans when it came to military equipment and tactics. No matter how much you sperg over North Korea destroy the power grid in the ultimate upset, the fact is that they're a country stuck in the 70s who presence in space are two cardboard boxes. Even if they had the technology to make those minaturized EMP bombs, there is no way for them to cover the whole of the US or avoid the fact that the US will be keeping very close eye on them in case they do something funny.
>>
>>33750182
.22lr
>>
>>33752200
>Terrain funneling the advance
Bring the Marines and fuck the terrain - Korea is a peninsula.
Pic related Incheon amphibious assault.
>>
>>33755513
While certainly a viable idea with enough air and naval bombardment to clear a path if things stagnate too much at the 38th, you also have to consider that the entire country is designed for defense in depth. It's not as if their planners are unaware of our amphibious capabilities or the events of the first conflict, so most planners assume that their own approaches to viable mass landing points are similarly well cited for hardened artillery bunkers. There is also the expediency of mass naval mines and all those shitty little diesel subs they have getting lucky. As the number of possible places suitable for mass landing on either side of the peninsula are limited, they'd have to be very daft indeed to not have considered and planned for the eventuality.

It would probably succeed, but again I don't believe it would be Desert Storm levels of bloodless.
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.