[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is 0311 or 11b as peacetime, no bullshit memes or anything aside.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_8562.jpg (183KB, 699x552px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8562.jpg
183KB, 699x552px
How is 0311 or 11b as peacetime, no bullshit memes or anything aside.
>>
>>33747879
It sucks. For the first 2 years of my enlistment, it wasn't fully peacetime. I got to go to Afghanistan so I was lucky. The last 4 years of my enlistment were hell. MEUs, fort Pickett, 29 palms, uniform inspections, dog and pony shows. I do not reccomend
>>
File: 151024-M-CJ278-001.jpg (917KB, 3872x2178px) Image search: [Google]
151024-M-CJ278-001.jpg
917KB, 3872x2178px
The USMC is in a good place right now as far as having to maintain MEUs and like 2 rotational forces in addition to the shit going on in Norway and a lot more exchange programs. With the size of the USMC that means you have a very high chance of actually doing something besides hang out in the barracks.

Peacetime marine corps isnt that much different than wartime marine corps contrary to what spoiled manchild terminal lance corporals will tell you. You train, you clean things, you PT. Same shit.
>>
>>33747899
Spotted the retard. Wartime marine corps doesn't have nearly as much bullshit to wade through
>>
>>33747898
>joining the marines and complaining about MEUs

are you dumb?
>>
>>33747898
>fort Pickett
Fuck that place.
>>
>>33747910
Well MEUS suck. The workuo for a MEU is retardedly long, then you go sit in kuiwait for a few months. It was pretty gay pal
>>
>>33747907
I saw both sides you cum guzzler. Yes there are more uniform inspections, yes there are more formations.

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT IN THE MILITARY YOU HAD TO HAVE INSPECTIONS DEAR GOD HELL ON EARTH.

kill yourself.
>>
>>33747918
Workup*>>33747921
>>
>>33747918
Id much rather go on a MEU than sit in my barracks room.

MEU workups also let you experience different training, not just LOL INTERACT WITH SOME FUCKHEAD ROLE PLAYERS for a few months.

The MEU is what makes the USMC. To complain about being an amphibious force in readiness is dumb.
>>
>>33747921
CGRI inspections suck, I've only ever done them in peace time. Therefore I draw the conclusion that peacetime marine corps is gay. You can't say with a straight face that the amount of unnecessary shit that happens in peace time is ok.
>Let's have a 2 day brief on the the topic of beach safety!

I'm going to take a guess and say your a Manley Sgt, that can do 20 push-ups, and kicks hip pocket classes while standing around waiting to get off work.
>>
As an infantryman, I signed up back in August of 2013 and got to go to Afghanistan in November of 2014 with the 101st but since it was peace time we only got to do gate guard at Kandahar airfield for only 5 months

I wouldn't do it if you're looking for action but if you're looking for the suck then be prepared for constant fuck fuck games at garrison
>>
>>33747941
Nigger I did one of those in 2011 a month after an afghan deployment.

Safety briefs happened too. I bet you're one of those idiots who throws PFC's off second deck and then complains about how the command is "gay" and doesn't treat you like an adult.

You are seriously complaining about absolutely nothing.
>>
>>33747958
I'm not complaining. The guy asked for opinions between peacetime and wartime for an 0311. Seeing as we both have experience at both of those times, we each offered different opinions. It's ok to be different Sgt. You are obviously the high fade motivator god intended you to be, but leave the unbiased opinions about the marine corps to yourself. You are too far gone already to offer any real advice.
>>
>>33747921
You're a stupid fuckface, you know that right?

I saw both sides, too.

Wartime was fucking great. You did your workup, only wore chucks when you had duty, and didn't get NJPd when you looked at a boot the wrong way.

Peactime was nothing but duty, working parties, chucks on Fridays, formations, and your boots could gangrape your girlfirend and there was nothing you could do about it.

Fuck off, POG bitch.
>>
>>33748000
Exactly right. I was in 2010-2016,and the difference was night and day. I never wore chucks in the fleet until about 2013, then it was every fucking Friday we weren't in the field.
>>
>>33748000
Again another person crying about having to do military things in the military.

WAHH I HAD TO WEAR SLACKS AND A BUTTON UP SHIRT. I HAD TO STAND IN A BOX WAHH.

Its absolutely nothing.

I agree about the hazing stuff, although that was written on the wall in 2010, with that being said, If you cant control your boots without having to beat the shit out of them you are a terrible leader. The whole reason why they cracked down was idiots who thought they were salty kept doing dumb shit to junior marines. At the same time crucifying sergeants for making boots carry a rock in their pocket isnt the answer.
>>
>>33748088
This is how I know your a POG. Bitching about shit is the most steadfast pastime in the Marines. Go slay a dragon Sgt.
>>
Lol you guys are gay

T. Coast guard
>>
>>33747958
when were you in? Did you go on any real deployments or are you saying your 2011 deployment was a good example of wartime usmc and are drawing conclusions from that. Honest question, it would explain a lot.
>>
>>33748193
but every marine is a rifleman. Don't you know boot? hes just like you but better. Hes actually like special forces tier b/c he does both without even having to train for the other.
>>
>>33748332
>All the skills of a rifleman can be learned in MCT
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 600x468px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 600x468px
>>33747898
>fort Pickett
>in the winter time
Good fucking damn it. Fuck that place to hell
>>
>>33748339
exactly. These dumb grunts think they do something special. All I needed was MCT and 3 years later, I bet I buddy rush better than them because everyone is too stupid to do it properly as a grunt.

Only us smart people with high IQs sign our life a way to be practically a civilian with low pay shit treatment, and gain no interesting life experiences. I can LARP as a soldier when its convenient too like when in class and the teacher asks if theres any vets. I shoot my hand straight up and yell "Aye Sir". Then I smuggly look around class while all the sweet pussy eyeballs me thinking I was some bad ass. Lol they don't even know I LARP and have never been in a firefight. I still make my time seem like it was hell and essentially act like some stolen valor faggot without the repercussions b/c "all members of the military are equal and its immature and childish to nitpick differences", unless of course we are making fun you you grunt faggots for being dumb.
>>
File: IMG_4166.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4166.png
1MB, 750x1334px
Hopefully the Marine Corps will get to fuck some shit up sometime within the next two years. Only people doing anything right now are the arty fags and special forces
>>
>>33748377
Lol.. buddy rushing is never actually what we do. I saw Motor T doing MOUT a couple months ago, shit was pathetic
>>
File: image.jpg (158KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158KB, 1334x750px
>>33748390
Bro... Boots are back on the ground in Helmand and leatherneck/bastion is ours again
It was announced like 2 days ago
Fucking supped I rejoined when I did. Maybe I won't have to do some shitty ass fucking work up and they send me out RQ
>I just wanna go back to lashkar gar and sangin and Dick around with IED's all day
I'm popping a slight moto/masochist boner rn
>>
>>33748390
>>33748430
Article right here
https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/articles/marines-afghanistan-taliban-task-force
>>
>>33748403
So I'm larping as a pog, are you larping as a dumb grunt? Because that post might have went over your head if not.
>>
>>33748446
Nah, you're just a pussy.
>>
>>33747879
Might as well be a janitor
>>
>>33747936

>MEU is what makes the Marine Corps

Kill yourself
>>
File: 1488058219979.jpg (85KB, 1024x769px) Image search: [Google]
1488058219979.jpg
85KB, 1024x769px
>>33748430

I was a sniper in Sangin 2010/11 and again in 2012. Always confuses me when guys say they want to go back and "hook and jab." For what purpose? To step on a pressure plate? To get shot at and fire at every rustling leaf? That place will not be pacified unless every dead space is covered with American eyeballs, ISR and reticles, and the moment we turn around the ANA stops patrolling and it's the same it was before we got there but with more craters and destroyed young Marines.

Also, occupying Bastion/leatherneck is fine, it's a very safe logistical hub providing a jumping off point for the young and hopeless ANA to be trucked out to die in Helmand, but don't kid yourself into thinking the re-occupation of the airfield means you younger guys are going to get to live out the YouTube videos you masturbate to. If you want no Shit combat with no ROEs, get out and volunteer to fight with the pesh. Otherwise, continue to live through the post-Amos arbitrary and asinine time wasting bullshit, and be blissfully unaware of how not fun it is to patrol an area the day after your friends were killed or maimed, knowing that if you catch a bullet, misstep off a swept trail- or not, your actions will be completely inconsequential less than a year later when you rotate out and nothing on the ground has made any difference.
>>
>>33748377

>thinks you buddy rush outside of SOI
>thinks he can grunt better than grunts

Sorry man, I've seen POGs try to grunt. It's fucking sad.

If every marine truly was a rifleman they'd cut the marine corps down to just combat arms MOSs, get all the admin they needed from the Navy like they already do for chaps and docs, and stop letting bitches enlist, call themselves a marine, and only touch a rifle once a year to qual on the range. Tell me how hard you MOS really is when you can pick up as soon as you rate a score.

If the marine corps is going to survive we have to lose the dead weight, starting without POGs. Fuck you disgust me.
>>
>>33750087
It actually blows my mind how people enlist in the United State Marine Corps and choose something other than infantry.

My recruiter saw my ASVAB score and told me I could do anything I wanted to.

I chose infantry. Why? It's the quintessential experience. There is being a Marine, and then there's being the other people who wear cammies and serve the Marines.

Granted, there are exceptions. Engineers, some of the Arty attachments, Corpsmen, etc are honorary infantry, but the rest are laughably not.

I know I sound like a mo-tard, but it's the fucking truth.
>>
It's been a long time since peace time and it ain't peace time now. I joined the Corps in 1998-2006. Peacetime was boredom, lots of training and bullshit safety briefs and tons of bullshit walllocker inspections.

Best fun time was invasion of Iraq. Liberal ROE. Garrison mentality hadn't broken out yet.
Pray for War.
>>
>>33750186

I agree. Go join Air Force and be a pogue and live better than pogue Marines.
>>
File: he's right you know.jpg (72KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
he's right you know.jpg
72KB, 800x598px
>>33748193
>>33748193
lol I remember hearing something similar from a Korean War Marine

>if you ain't bitchin, you ain't a Marine

The crusty bastard probably beat communist chinks to death with e-tools and ammo cans so I'll take his word for it

There's two type of Marines in this world, the kind with a million salty sea stories or the one who never wants to talk about it, I would know, Im the one whose enlistment was more like Fear and Loathing in SE Asia with a little bit of Jarhead sprinkled in
>>
>>33750186

I had a similar experience when enlisting. Fuck yeah I chose infantry, for all the same reasons as you. My ASVAB got me selected for 51s and that was pretty dope, too.
>>
>>33750087
>Cool we wuz grunts now!
>*takes sniper fire*
>HOLY FUCKING SHIT CALL FOR AIR SUPPORT NOW!!!
>I'm sorry but since you decided to cut the Marine Corps to just riflemen you'll have to make do.
>*2 hours later*
>WE CAN'T FIND HIM! HE KEEPS SHOOTING US PLEASE HELP!!
There's a reason you're not in charge of anything LCPL.
>>
>>33747879
Great if you like PTing all day when stateside and taking rounds and flak when deployed. Sucks if you want some kind of normal life and don't want to be a merc when you are done or the Marines are done with you.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.