[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

.308 mags

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: accurate mag vs aics.png (326KB, 966x476px) Image search: [Google]
accurate mag vs aics.png
326KB, 966x476px
Hey /k/,
I'm looking at some different .308 mags for my Howa 1500 that is having AICS compatible bottom metal installed.
So far my options are:
- Accurage Mag
- AICS branded
- Magpul PMAG 7.62

Maypul is about half the price, but I'm unsure of how it'll compare as plastic to the steel mags.

Can anyone comment? Would really appreciate it.
>>
>>33747315
Accurate mag will allow for the longest coal of the bunch and is a good mag.
AICS is a known standard, and you'll pay for it, but theyll work as intended.
Magpul is obviously cheaper, but they have thicker dimensions since they use polymer and not metal. As a result you have a much shorter coal for reloading purposes, and if my memory is correct its right at SAAMI spec and not much more.

If you're not loading ammo yourself then pick up the magpul and save some money, but if you are going to reload then take your pick from aics or accurate mag
>>
>>33747445
The difference between AICS and Accurate Mag is $10 (or $30 for the three I intend to buy, which is effectively nothing given they'll be used for a loooong time and can be used on other rifles).

Which would recommend between the two?
>>
File: 1440724206996.png (102KB, 280x246px) Image search: [Google]
1440724206996.png
102KB, 280x246px
>>33747445
>>33747475
anon don't leave me hangin'
>>
>>33747315
Are you me?
I just bought a Howa 1500 too.
I was looking into alpha mags.
>>
>>33747753
I heard Alpha mags are flimsy and/or require slight modification to feed reliably. Double check though
>>
>>33747785
Fug
Don't aics mags require some filing too?
https://youtu.be/KgFs3q1WRTw

I bought the 24" barrel and a mdt lss chassis.
>>
>>33747445
Is the shitty reviews for the 10rd accurate mags due to user error or are they justified?

http://www.brownells.com/magazines/rifle-magazines/magazines/short-action-aics-magazine-308-winchester-prod45250.aspx?avs%7cManufacturer_1=ACCURATE%2bMAG
>>
>>33747970
I've had to bend the foremost part of the lips up a little to make mine feed reliably (3 ten round magazines and one five round magazine), but it's no big deal after already having taken a Dremel to the stock to fit the bottom metal.
>>
>>33748034
Pics? I might have to do the same.
>>
File: IMG_0235.jpg (634KB, 2060x1721px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0235.jpg
634KB, 2060x1721px
>>33748069
Here you go. I'd get you a better picture, but on account of not having my computer around, I can't use a proper camera. Not much to see anyway, just carefully bend them out slightly with some pliers. If you have issues with the magazine feeding, of course.
I bought my bottom metal from Roedale Precision, and I fucking tell you never ever again I fuckin tell you what. 14 days delivery time they promised, fourteen weeks it took, and I had to file down the rear portion of the trigger guard so I could pull the trigger. Right bunch of wankers.
>>
>>33748489
Gotcha thanks. I'll post some pics when I finally get my hands on my Howa around may 9th.

For lube, I'm planning mixing hexagonal boton nitride (hBN) into slip2000.
Barricade as a protectant.
Hoppes 9 and 7.62 solvent for cleaning.

I bought a demo-A SWFA SS 3-15X42 scope off samplelist.com for 100 bucks off so I'm excited about that too.
>>
>>33747315
Magpul is generally really good. Much better value, and still very reliable.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.