[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post weapons/knives you're ashamed/embarassed that you bought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: Weeb knife.jpg (65KB, 695x600px) Image search: [Google]
Weeb knife.jpg
65KB, 695x600px
Post weapons/knives you're ashamed/embarassed that you bought

I paid like $20 or $30 for this at an anime convention years ago because I thought it looked cool, and the salesman did a heck of a job impressing me with it. Later I found out that I don't really carry a knife with me, and I wasted money on something I'll never use. To this day it's still sitting in my room, I've never taken it in public with me because I'm too embarrassed to brandish it, let alone use it. I mean, I do like anime/weeb looking stuff, but I never realized I'd be embarrassed to show it off in public.

Also for the record I'm pretty sure it's made of garbage steel, might be equal to a knife you could buy at a gas station for $10.
>>
>>33746611
Lol, I got the exact same knife when I was into edgy shit knives. I think it might have even been the first one I got. It was like 8 bux on amazon.
>>
>>33746624
I got this one when I was like 17 or some shit, I'm 24 now but I'm just embarrassed that I paid money for it. I don't know why I still have it, like I just don't want to throw it out because it's basically brand new. I just simply have better knives and don't want to use that one, frankly I'd give it away for free to someone if I had a friend or somebody who wanted it.
>>
File: mommy.jpg (16KB, 213x211px) Image search: [Google]
mommy.jpg
16KB, 213x211px
I guess this counts.

>be me
>be 12
>at gander mountain with parents
>getting first gun
>be poorfag family
>looking for a gun less than $150
>pass by a rack of guns on the store floor
>they are all the same kind of guns
>they are unlocked and just sitting there to be looked at
>i pick one up and point it at the ground
>mom says "Hey those look nice and they are only $90."
>dad being the gun nut of the family
>dad says "That aint no 22, thats too much rifle for the boy."
>finally settle on a marlin 922
>not a terrible rifle all in all
>be me 4 years later
>know way more about funs
>realize rack of guns were $89.99 hex receiver nuggets
>realize first rifle could have been hex receiver nugget
>mfw
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 741x555px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 741x555px
>>33746611
>MTech stiletto
>United cutlery karambit
>United cutlery push blades
>paid $80 for a half-serrated tanto Kershaw Blur
>first knife bought by myself- Smith & Wesson "special tactical" tanto folder
>thinking it was anything other than another chinese 440 steel folder

Getting to know the hard way what knives are good and which are shit is/was a good and bad thing.

Good because you learn what to look out for, bad that I had to spend money and use them to discover why there's a huge difference in cheap vs quality knives.

Knowing what I know now with a vastly more mature outlook on knives, I try to stay away from knife discussion with people who either A: Don't know their taste is shit, or B: Think their shit taste is good... I learned my lesson early, but there's no excuse for some.
>>
File: 1468302423360.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1468302423360.png
51KB, 657x527px
>>33746701
>paid $80 for a half-serrated tanto Kershaw Blur
I know that feel. Got that exact knife at walmart back in my early tacticool knife collecting days. I keep it as a reminder that impulse buying is bad.
>United cutlery push dagger
I.. I got that too
>>
File: Drugs are bad, mkay.gif (449KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Drugs are bad, mkay.gif
449KB, 480x360px
>>33746611

In college I took 6 hits of LSD, I watched Lord of the Rings and ended up buying a $90 Pakistani made pot metal claymore off of ebay.

Don't do drugs kids.
>>
>>33746733
I'm sort of glad I'm not the only one... That Kershaw (or really any half serrated tanto) is about the most useless blade profile/grind combo possible. Especially the earlier Blur model I got with the really aggressive serrations.

The only use I could see is for Solid Snake tier CQC where you hook clothing with the serrations... And if you're doing that kind of shit, you won't be using a Blur.

I love collecting knives, but I can't bring myself to buy anything gimmick-y anymore now that I've been exposed to "that world." Now I have to keep myself from buying $300+ knives on a regular basis.

Most (non-knife) people lose their shit when I say my edc (Benchmade contego) still retails for around $200... Then, of course, I end up having to explain why I don't carry some $15 gas station DRAGON SPECIAL TACTICAL knife instead.
>>
>>33746611
great big weak spot where that big hole is. Lucky you've never used it for real, it would be broken in two.
You should feel bad about giving it to someone, just put it in the bin ans send it on it's way. It will be good closure on your boyhood. Be a man and bin it...
>>
>>33746611
>might be
>>
>>33746701
>>33746733

Is the Kershaw Blur really that bad? I thought Kershaw made decent budget knives. Nothing too fancy, but practical, solid blades. I don't own any myself though.
>>
File: PolyGrenade.jpg (123KB, 529x406px) Image search: [Google]
PolyGrenade.jpg
123KB, 529x406px
>>33746611
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.