[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are gun shows like in states with waiting periods?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5801.jpg (142KB, 330x330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5801.jpg
142KB, 330x330px
What is a gun show like in a state like California or Massachusetts?

States with waiting periods and no private sale exemptions (and mandatory FFL transfers)

I can't imagine this being any fun
>>
Here's the setup in California:

Somewhere in among the vendor tables, a local FFL will have a table set up. He'll have a couple of laptops and will have arranged an internet connection. Once you buy your gun from a vendor, he'll walk it over to the FFL's table with you. You'll sit down, fill out the paperwork (in California it's a 4473 for the feds and a DROS for the state), pay the FFL his fee (last time I was at Crossroads of the West at the Cow Palace, Todd Setterman of Setterarms was doing the FFL stuff, and he was charging $60, which includes the state-mandated DROS fee of $25), and leave your gun with him. Ten days later, once your waiting period is up, you go see the FFL at his shop, and pick up your gun.
>>
>>33744998
seems like a good set up,ya know, glad I live in a free state with no waiting period.
>>
>>33744998

It's not legal to charge any more than $35 for a PPT.
>>
>>33745084
>>33745084
>It's not legal to charge any more than $35 for a PPT.
Yeah, this is California - we don't really have the "gun show loophole" here. You can't just buy a vendor a table at a gun show, offer guns for sale to the general public, and say that it's a PPT to cut down on paperwork and/or fees. You especially can't do that if you're from out of state, which a lot of the vendors at gun shows here are.
>>
File: 1439608571114.jpg (218KB, 926x771px) Image search: [Google]
1439608571114.jpg
218KB, 926x771px
>>33744924
Were not allowed to have gun shows here.

Pray for me.
>>
>>33745441
you aint missing much anon
>>
>>33745468
But I want jerky, overpriced milsurp, and fake nazi memerobilia.
>>
>>33745475
Then stop by one in PA. It isn't like any part of NJ is a prohibitive distance from any gun show in PA.
>>
>>33745475
>overpriced milsurp
Every now and then, ive found a gem
>>
>>33744924
Largely nonexistent.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.