[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did the military stop being an honorable enterprise and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

File: Rappers-representin.jpg (49KB, 515x578px) Image search: [Google]
Rappers-representin.jpg
49KB, 515x578px
When did the military stop being an honorable enterprise and become a home for degenerates? Was it during/after Vietnam?
>>
>>33744740
>When did working at a factory stop being an honorable enterprise and become a home for degenerates? Was it during/after unionization?
>>
The enlisted men have always been of questionable morals.

Especially outside of combat arms.

11B and 0311 are disproportionately white and middle class, because nobody else is willing to get shot at.
>>
>>33744759
Noservice detected

03 fields have a shit-ton of poor retarded hispanics and strangely more asians than you'd expect

t. 0351 Marine
>>
>>
combination of ending the draft, GOP rebuilding the military into a constantly large standing professional military, boomer guilt over how they treated themselves coming home from vietnam, and fighting wars for "interests" instead of the defense of our nation and allies.

before all this. it wasn't normal for people to make a career of being enlisted. sure some got drafted and then made a career of it. though mostly you went in, did your time, and came home.
>>
>>33744740
>become a home for degenerates
Become? The military has always been a devil's deal between the state and its less savory elements.
>You're poor and aggressive? Come fight for us and we'll give you some cash
>>
>>33745168
>military
>nothing to do with weapons
stop being retarded
>>
>>33745155
Well yeah, it's easy to get into and you can get your citizenship through it. But then you've also got all the dumbasses like me who joined up for "duty" and "thinking it would be cool". Hell, probably the smartest people in the military I ever met were in the Infantry/SOF side of things.
>>
>>33745155
Asians are the most patriotic Americans.
>>
>>33745197
>Muh honor
>Weapon
Stop being retarded.
>>
>>33745155
<asians
you mean Filipinos, viets and the occasional Chinese dude?
>>
>>33745190
says the coward who never joined
>>
>>33745212
>obedient
>patriotic
Choose one.
>>
>>33744740

"A French army is composed very differently from ours. The conscription calls out a share of every class — no matter whether your son or my son — all must march; but our friends — I may say it in this room — are the very scum of the earth. People talk of their enlisting from their fine military feeling — all stuff — no such thing. Some of our men enlist from having got bastard children — some for minor offences — many more for drink; but you can hardly conceive such a set brought together, and it really is wonderful that we should have made them the fine fellows they are."
Notes for 11 November 1831.

Lord Wellington on the British Army

Nothing has really changed all that much. "the greatest generation" drank and whored and stole as much as any soldiers throughout history. Many of them deserted and lived as criminals in heavily armed bands of outlaws in occupied Europe. Hell, the OSS collaborated with the mafia. No one in war is a choir boy, and if they are, they don't last long.
>>
>>33744740
>when
>implying it has not always been full of shitheads
>>
>>33745240
>you mean Filipinos, viets and the occasional Chinese dude?

The majority of the asians in my unit were chinks, and there were a few that I could never remember if they were from the philipines or cambodia or wherever the fuck they come from
>>
>>33745249
So blacks are the most patriotic? Right.

>>33745260
>Many of them deserted and lived as criminals in heavily armed bands of outlaws in occupied Europe.
Sounds interesting. Any good sources to read about it?
>>
File: Smug Simpsons.jpg (200KB, 1198x778px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Simpsons.jpg
200KB, 1198x778px
>>33745241
Says the degenerate who did.
>>
>>33745215
Honor is inseperable from war.
>>
>>33745985

codfag detected
>>
>>33744740
government jobs, especially jobs that don't require working experience, are always going to be just another form of welfare.

only shitbirds and dumb patriots choose 11 or 03. otherwise it can vary widely by branch and how technically involved your MOS is.
>>
>>33744740
>being an honorable enterprise
You fell for the meme.
>>
>>33744756

Eh factory work became honorable because of the unions.

Though these days the companies tend to own the unions and the workers are getting fucked over again (though not nearly as hard as pre union)
>>
>>33745995
As much as bureaucrats attempt to sanitize the latter, the former remains.
>>
>>33745995

Eh the nips kinda destroyed the whole "honor in war" thing in WW2.

The sand people are right up savages... better to fight to the last bullet then use it on yourself then be taken captive by the dune coons.... or any of the Asian populations we have fought.

Fuck there was more decency in the great war where chemical weapons were used then the barbaric nature displayed by everyone not a 1st world nation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KHoVBK2EVE

Dont get me wrong though. war sucks and you only win them by killing the other side.
>>
>>33746096
War is hell and its Glory is all moonshine.
>>
File: Brains laughing.jpg (41KB, 500x388px) Image search: [Google]
Brains laughing.jpg
41KB, 500x388px
>>33745985
>>
File: 1298460244851.jpg (3KB, 114x126px) Image search: [Google]
1298460244851.jpg
3KB, 114x126px
>>33746239
It's as inseperable from it as shitheads committing atrocities and shitheads in general.
>>
>>33744740
April 12th, 1861
>>
>>33746096
>blames bureaucrats for removing something that never existed

you probably blame bureaucrats for the bennies lifestyle too
>>
>>33745155
Maybe 11s are diverse but 51s are mostly white. I've known maybe two black 51s and one red indian.

31s, from what I've seen, only come in two types: tall and jacked or short and jacked. They have transcended race.
>>
>>33746103
>the nips kinda destroyed the whole "honor in war" thing in WW2
>brits invented concentration camps
>europeans and americans spent three hundred years genociding the native american population

myopic much?
>>
>>33745272
The majority of Asians in the world are chinks.
>>
>>33746487
Bureaucrats can't remove it because it'll keep motivating people and actions.
>>
>>33746103
>The sand people are right up savages... better to fight to the last bullet then use it on yourself then be taken captive by the dune coons

>When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains,
And the women come out to cut up what remains,
Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.

t. R. Kipling, The Young British Soldier, 1892
>>
>>33746054
but muh unions are bad, muh give employers the possibility to pay 1 dollar per hour or you're taking away their freedumbs
>>
>>33744740
>become a home for degenerates?

Traditionally in Europe until the 19th century a common soldier was generally considered a degenerate. That only changed with national standing armies. The professional officers of the time were not considered vermin but the e.g average redcoat private certainly was. Even the professional officer class tended to be political exiles or otherwise prevented from being respectable landowners e.g second sons. Privates were literally the scrapings of the streets and considered in need of regular flogging to even act as basic soldiery.
>>
>>33747137
>Even the professional officer class tended to be political exiles or otherwise prevented from being respectable landowners e.g second sons.
If those guys were the outcasts than the colonial officers must have seemed like they came from a different planet.
>>
>>33744740
>When did the military stop being an honorable enterprise

When was it ever?
>>
>>33745985
trolling is a art
>>
>>33745241
I have a doctor's note!
>>
>>33747151
This. First son would inherit the estate, second would be expected to fuck off to the church or military. If they did, Navy would be seen as far more honorable and suited to the upper class than the Army.
>>
>>33746054
Hahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha

If you think unions are in it for anything other than their bosses you are a retard and deserve to be fucked by them.
>>
>>33747212
>Navy would be seen as far more honorable and suited to the upper class than the Army.
Depends. The two most aristocratic branches of the British military during their empire were the cavalry and the navy. Horsemanship was generally a luxury hobby and what better way to apply it than the calvary. You don't have to walk or deal with the unpleasantness of the standard grunt. If you were just some infantry LT schmuck then you were either really trying to move up in the world or pissed away your inheritance and wore down the patience of your family. That's just the forces kept to fight wars in Europe.

The guys that volunteered to travel thousands of miles away from home to lead colonists and/or the natives in combat were a special breed of strange that really had to scratch the itch for adventure.
>>
>>33744740

>>europeans and americans spent three hundred years genociding the native american population

It's only a genocide if you get wafflestomped.

Otherwise it's just conquest
>>
>>33747236
Nice ideology, did you learn it from your indoctrination video at Walmart?
>>
>>33744756

beginning reply is the most sensible reply

modern "nationalist" military forces are multinational corporate/banker mercenaries

and it will get more obvious as time goes by.
>>
>>33744740

The military has always been a catchment basin for people who would otherwise have ended up sawing the catalytic converter put from under your car at 3 in the morning.
>>
>>33747703

Western "civilization"has gone through a massive hijacking most simple joes have no clue about.
>>
>>33747528

It's genocide is you continue killing after the war for conquest is already finished, if the idea is to wholly replace the native population rather than making them subjects/residents.
>>
>>33745985
For an officer 100 years ago or delusional guys straight out of west point sure
>>
File: nobleman.jpg (155KB, 960x850px) Image search: [Google]
nobleman.jpg
155KB, 960x850px
>>33747299
>tfw I'm going into the Royal Lancers
>>
File: 1488282899862.jpg (46KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
1488282899862.jpg
46KB, 640x627px
>>33745155
Shiet another 51? Noice. In Battalion all the assaultmen are white except myself and my section leader. Plenty of Hispanics and stuff in the rest of the O3XX field though
>>
>>33744740
Armies have always been made up of a lot of scum with no where else to belong
>>
>>33747984
Navies too for that matter
Bring back press ganging
>>
>>33746594
>how do i maximize bennies and scam the system
>no no you can't do that

damn bureaucrats
>>
>>33745210
No you stupid motherfucker you can't enlist unless you have at least a green card, and then they just accelerate your citinzenship application FOR WHICH YOU WERE ALREADY ELIGIBLE TO BEGIN WITH.
>>
it's threads like these that make me wonder why i ever come to /k/.
>>
It was during the civil war.
>>
>>33746017
>government jobs, especially jobs that don't require working experience, are always going to be just another form of welfare.

Jesus Christ, sometimes you just come across posts that actually make you facepalm. Unfuck yourself.
>>
>>33749220

he is right though
>>
>>33745190
Is this what liberals really believe?
>>
>>33749256
Nope.
>>
>>33749271
The truth? Proabably.
>>
>>33745240
>asians
>you mean Filipinos, viets and the occasional Chinese dude?

Last I checked they were all asians
>>
>>33749333
Filipinos aren't asian.
>>
>>33749281

Yep.
>>
>>33745272
I'm a chinese guy who went infantry. It let me get out a lot rage and do more exciting shit than I could in civvie life, also met some pretty cool people. Honestly I was the happiest and most stress free I had ever been in a long time. When I tell people this, they think I'm crazy, and maybe I am.
>>
>>33750876
pro-tip: substituting one authoritarian, repressive culture for another to vent "rage" is not really venting and is not healthy in the mid/long-term
>>
ITT: Retarded individuals think that bored, adolescent males that get shit on every time they turn around doing stupid shit is a recent development. The reality is that stupid shit used to be considered much more acceptable and the Internet shines lights in many places the public never really saw. Just how autistic are you people?
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.