[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Clays

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_3548.jpg (19KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3548.jpg
19KB, 600x400px
Got invited to shoot clays as a work function but it's byo-gun and all I have is a Maverick 88 with a 18.5 inch barrel and breaching/standoff device (pic related)

Should I drop $200 to get a longer barrel with a choke or just not give a fuck and Use my HD set up to defend against clay nignogs?
>>
Fuck it man show them what happens on Bring Your Gun To Work Day
>>
You can still hit with it, provided you have a stock. Your spread will be huge, which makes the skeet guys all pissy because it isn't very fair. It only really takes one pellet out of birdshot to break a clay. Somebody at work will probably be disgusted enough to loan you a hunting shotgun after your first round.
>>
>>33739452
Why not go out and buy a proper shotgun for the event?
>>
File: tmp_20759-1749521433064111.jpg (104KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_20759-1749521433064111.jpg
104KB, 880x660px
>>33739452
Get an OEM stock and wildly improve all your shotgun. It is $57 new, and I expect that any local fudd shack will have spare stocks for sale.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/174952/mossberg-buttstock-field-synthetic-mossberg-500-590-835-88-12-gauge-black
>>
>>33739452
Just bring it as-is. You will do terribly but it will be fun and your coworkers will likely get a hoot out of it.

Or you could buy another shotgun, which given your current setup is not a bad idea.

>>33739519
>It only really takes one pellet out of birdshot to break a clay.

Not true.
>>
>>33739811
I have an adjustable M4 style stock on it right now so my gf can use it but it came with the basic stock and I can put it back on easy enough.

For those telling me to get another gun, I thought the mav88 made it pretty plain I'm a poorfag
>>
>>33739452
What type of clays? Trap? Skeet? Sporting Clays?

In trap, you'll probably be at a disadvantage because jesus fucking christ, your spread. You'll have to shoot pretty quickly when the clay comes out if you want your spread to be to your advantage.

For skeet, you're probably ok. The target is at a constant distance and you can take a bit of your time.

It's worth noting that some places prohibit barrels under a certain length for skeet/trap shooting, so make sure you're playing by the rules.
>>
>>33739764
Not everyone is made of money..or maybe he just wants to keep his HD shotgun and doesnt want anther
>>
>>33739452
are they using their own clay thrower or are they going to a range?

if it's at a range some of them won't allow you to shoot clays with an 18" barrel

you would need to buy a longer barrel in that case
>>
>>33740225
Don't go on the trip then or tell them he just wants to watch?
>>
>>33740258
or he cant make them all angry by using is HD shotgun as a clay shotgun. The faces people make when you use "tactical" gun on clays and whatnot is usually worth the trip alone.
>>
>>33740361
Yeah, if he wants to act like a tool that's his own business.
>>
Take it, be sure to come back and tell us about how it went!
>>
>>33739452
For $200 you can get a new 28" barrel Maverick.
>>
File: IMG_2953.png (75KB, 198x198px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2953.png
75KB, 198x198px
>>33740361
>The faces people make when you use "tactical" gun on clays and whatnot is usually worth the trip alone.
I suddenly wanna take the Saiga with drum skeet shooting.
>>
Went ahead and ordered a 28" barrel with accu-chokes.
Ended up at 200 with faster shipping

Probably could have got a used barrel for 50-75 if I had time to search but I need it by Thursday
Going to bring my gun to the range as I have it now to see if I get some looks then I can change the barrel in a few seconds
>>
>>33740641
did that once
shit was cash
>>
File: IMG_3524.jpg (1MB, 2143x3216px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3524.jpg
1MB, 2143x3216px
>>33741408
If only there was one of those ranges near me...
>>
>>33740241
>if it's at a range some of them won't allow you to shoot clays with an 18" barrel
What? Why
>>
File: IMG_3524.jpg (1MB, 3216x2143px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3524.jpg
1MB, 3216x2143px
>>33743840
>try to compensate for 4chan flipping photos
>it doesn't flip them for once
Why God?
>>
>>33743853
no idea

I've been at at least one range where they didn't let me use my 18" shotgun

they didn't offer an explanation
>>
>>33741367
The nice thing about the Maverick is that exactly, it takes like three seconds to go from skeet to HD lengths.

>>33743853
I don't understand this, if it was competitive then sure, whatever, but if you're going to buy some pigeons and fire it into the air for your own amusement why the fuck does it matter what you bring to do it with? Even if you don't hit shit they still get their money.

I've never been skeet shooting at a range before so I suppose I wouldn't know entirely how it works. I have too many woods to roam around instead.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.