[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I just ordered a HK flat bending jig. Trying to decide on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20170422-153507.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170422-153507.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
So, I just ordered a HK flat bending jig.

Trying to decide on what to build first. Kinda thinking about build a 91 first, but is was also looking at doing an mp5.

BTW, wtf are with mp5 kit prices? I sat down, made a list of all the individual parts, and added them up. It's about $600 cheap to get all the parts individually then to get the kit for an mp5.
>>
>>33738525
Walk me through this: with that kit you have pictured, all you need to do is bend the receiver, finish it, then add the parts? Outside of a press, what tools are required?

Sorry for the questions if they're dumb, I don't really know much about Hk's roller guns.
>>
>>33738638
Gotta be able to weld mainly
>>
>>33738525
maek 93. Because I think 5.56 roller guns are cool.
>>
>>33738638
Press(harbor freight 20ton works), flat bending jig, welder, time and patience. There are some other tools.that make the assembly easier, but, not ENTIRELY necessary. Such as the barrel pinning jig and the front sight post press block. But there is a decent amount of welding(receiver, trunnion to recover, rear sight base, cocking tube, and the batfe legal shelf).
>>
File: 20170417_180622.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170417_180622.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
A 12 ton press will suffice for pressing the barrel into the trunnion. A small MIG welder will do for the welding if you practice a bit.

Pick related. I just built my own.
>>
>>33739237
I was wondering about the welder. I have access to a MIG and I've rewelded the cocking tube on my CAI Cetme, but I wasn't sure about doing the receiver with the MIG.
>>
>>33739678
it's thin sheet metal, MIG will work great, TIG will give you more control, but MIG will be fine
>>
File: Women In Charge of Survival.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
Women In Charge of Survival.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>33738525
Going to be a beautiful gun, OP. I'm jealous.
>>
>>33738525
hkparts is still up? i thought that guy went to jail? i wouldnt order from a dude who turned over everything happily to the ATF without even putting up a court fight
>>
Everything I've read says TIG will be easier but I am by no means an expert and was able to use my MIG. Just make sure you give the welder enough time to heat the trunnion enough.
>>
>>33738525
>wtf are with mp5 kit prices?
because getting something nubers matching is more expensive then getting individual parts
getting MP40 parts is way cheaper then a full partskit
>>
>>33740745
Long and very involved story. Basically it was only ONE of the owners that got arrested. It's a partnership. But the guy who got arrested was one of the founders of the website. He's no longer allowed to do anything involving guns or gun parts. Can't even own them. He fucked up BAD. And repeatedly.

>>33741807
That's was kind of what I was thinking.
>>
>>33740744
ouch
>>
>>33741911
if i recall his last arrest was for breaking the terms of his first arrest, which he already was prohibited from doing anything with weapons

the site was down for a long time, i didnt realize it came back
>>
>>33740744
nice dubs and kek dumb ass.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.