[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>warning shots don't exist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: 1472278240988.jpg (23KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1472278240988.jpg
23KB, 306x306px
>warning shots don't exist
>>
Who the fuck said that. I fire warning shots constantly in my line of work and 90% of the time it works. Either to reveal an actual threat or dissuade possible combatants from engaging.
>>
'warning shots' are retarded when it's police or a civilian doing it because I mean... the point is not to shoot someone, just to 'scare them off'? then what the fuck are you shooting at? someone's property, other people? one of the most basic rules of safety is "be sure of your target and what lies behind it", just because you're intentionally missing the bad guy doesn't mean you're missing anything else, discharging a firearm outside of a controlled environment with other people anywhere in front of the muzzle is inherently fucking dangerous
>>
Warning shots are more of a naval tradition.
>>
>>33738304
They exist, but you'd be a retard to use them outside of a military context.
>>
File: 1451752603148.jpg (10KB, 285x177px) Image search: [Google]
1451752603148.jpg
10KB, 285x177px
>>33738304
>firing warning shots in self defense is a good idea
>>
>>33738981
This.
Makes sense when there's force escalation protocol and ROE but outside of that it's retarded.
>>
Let's be honest here: the only reason why warning shots are a bad idea in a self-defense situation is because of the (((legal system))). If a clear and present danger exists to your life, and you're capable of discharging rounds under a circumstance that endangers neither anyone elses life or property, and simultaneously removing the threat via fear - why is that a bad thing? The only real answer is because the powers at be will look for any reason to disarm the populace. Even if you didn't harm anyone, you will be disarmed under the guise of 'well you could have'
>>
>>33739216
i don't know about you but shooting a gun in a residential area endangers other people's life or property
>>
>>33739242
>not loading a blank as the first round
>>
Why does it matter if someone gets shot? Why is a warning shot needed?
>>
>>33739249
>load blank as first round
>gun fails to cycle
>get raped and murdered

nicr going bud
>>
>>33739242
Perhaps not everyone lives in a residential area

Warning shots are useful for scaring away unwanted wildlife or pets that retarded neighbors dont keep on a leash
>>
Reminder to always report and sage frogposting.
>>
>>33739242
i wouldnt even disagree. absolutely 'hey dont pop off around kids and old ladies when they're trying to live in an area and not deal with that shit' is a great precedent to set. and so is not mugging people with a knife, but hey, shit happens. and if you (as a law abiding gun owner) are forced into that situation by a criminal, you can be punished for taking steps to secure your life, liberty, and happiness against such threats. a warning shot should be considered legally on par with self defense, but it almost never is, and that's bullshit.
>>
>>33738358
Alright, mall cop.
>>
>>33739196
To be honest, even then it's kind of retarded ROE. If people aren't backing down from lasers and zip flares, then warning shots are kind of superfluous.

I've had warning shot ROEs, but never used them because people either immediately stop/surrender when they get a laser on them, or they immediately escalate and the situation jumps past warning shots and straight to lethal shooting.
>>
>>33739263
If you're part of a government agency and your ROE dictate that you don't shoot to kill unless fired upon.
>>
>>33739216
there are only a few very specific situations where warning shots make any sense
>>
>>33738954
>>33739242
There's plenty of places where it's highly improbable a warning shot would hit anything of value let alone a person.
>>
>>33739249
Good luck when your $3000 SD SBR AR15 doesnt cycle from the blank.
>>
File: 1lwgG2P.jpg (22KB, 491x315px) Image search: [Google]
1lwgG2P.jpg
22KB, 491x315px
>>
Mods should stick a Mossberg up their anus and pull the trigger
>>
File: vx3ssKu.jpg (101KB, 980x742px) Image search: [Google]
vx3ssKu.jpg
101KB, 980x742px
merchant mods
>>
>>33738304
Not trying to start shit prune away but that guy's retardation was not ban worthy. I know you're just doing your job.

and warning shots are fucking retarded as a concept btw
>>
>>33739688
What?
>>
>>33738304
Who would admit to firing warning shots? Why not instead say you missed?
>>
File: a8.jpg (23KB, 306x377px) Image search: [Google]
a8.jpg
23KB, 306x377px
>>33739301
>>33739196
>>33738981
youre all idiots
police in Canada, all of Western Europe, all of Eastern Europe, Oceania, and most of the rest of the world use warning shots
also the USMC, US Army, US Navy, coast guard, and presumably the air force

the only people who say warning shots are ineffective are American police

So who do you trust more

A) American cops
B) Everyone else
Keep in mind American cops are by and large complete shit
>>
>>33741256
>police in Canada, all of Western Europe, all of Eastern Europe, Oceania, and most of the rest of the world use warning shots

>Oceania
are you talking about some irrelevant country, or are you attempting to imply that australia use warning shots?
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 309x321px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 309x321px
>>33741256
>the military and police
>facing any significant consequences for collateral
>>
>>33739216
>>33739297
bullets come down and can be potentially lethal on their way.the biggest issue though is gun= lethal force.which is the legal precedent that dictates that you don't draw a weapon on someone if you don't intend to use it.
>>
>>33741437
itt fucking retards who would rather risk a murder trial than an aggrevated assault trial
>>
>>33741437
>literally can't see beyond us law and guns right shit
>>
>>33741488
You're the type of person who tells the police this because 'fuck lawyers'
>>
File: 2017-04-23_19.23.40.jpg (269KB, 653x465px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-23_19.23.40.jpg
269KB, 653x465px
>replying to a bait thread
>>
>>33742340
How is it bait?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.