[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how the fuck does this even work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: g11open.jpg (37KB, 468x309px) Image search: [Google]
g11open.jpg
37KB, 468x309px
how the fuck does this even work
>>
>>33737932
Antikythera space magic
>>
>>33737932
what is that?
>>
File: Caseless.jpg (122KB, 468x309px) Image search: [Google]
Caseless.jpg
122KB, 468x309px
>>33737932
>>
>>33737932
Rounds are caseless, seated in the overhead magazine witht he pointy end up, that box there then rotates the rounds 90 degrees to align them with the barrel. Its like a sideways p90 with WAY more parts and genius behind it.
>>
>>33737932
Clock gun that pushes the rounds at a 90 degree angle downwards. The more I stare at the gun, the less intricate it looks.
>>
>>33737947
G11
>>
>>33738122
>more parts
>genius
That's not how it works
>>
>>33738147
It doesn't push the rounds 90 degrees, it places the round in a wheel, then rotates the wheel.
The P90 does the "rotate the round" thing.
The G11 has a little merry go round to do it instead.

What happens if you get a grain of sand in there?
>>
>>33738147
>The more I stare at the gun, the less intricate it looks.

I was just noticing the same thing. There's a lot of complicated machining but not actually that many pieces.

>>33738327
>What happens if you get a grain of sand in there?

I think the same could be said about pretty much any sliding or bearing surface in a traditional firearm design. IMO the G11 is no more susceptible to debris than any other automatic rifle, its problems come from manufacturing and maintenance difficulties and the inherent issues of caseless ammo. (Heat dissipation, hard to clear malfs, and potentially fragile ammo.)
>>
>>33737943
Nice
>>
>>33738365
Rotating parts are a lot more prone to damage than linearly sliding pieces, though.
>>
A shame that the brass rounds play sucha big role in heat loss for a gun.
I think that concept is a failure.
>>
>>33737932
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYiZR6-_37I
>>
>>33738122

Perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.