[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Rise o voice of Rhodesia, God may we thy bounthy share;

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1458275444652.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1458275444652.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>"Rise o voice of Rhodesia, God may we thy bounthy share; give us strenght to face all danger, and where challenge is, to dare."
>>
>>33737415
You need to stop this obsession man.

>>>/int/
>>
I'm generally sympathetic to the whole Rhodesia thing, but these incessant Rhodieboo threads have really gotten out of hand these last few months.
>>
I'm actually Rhodesian and holy shit fuck off the country was never that great
>>
File: rhodesia.jpg (188KB, 680x750px) Image search: [Google]
rhodesia.jpg
188KB, 680x750px
>mfw i'll never be a brown job in the RLI
>>
Anyone else here waiting for the day Mugabe dies and talking about Rhodesia becomes relevant?
>>
Why do rhodiboos feel so much attachment to a country they didn't belong to?
>>
>>33737518

It was sort of a bastion of hope in Africa. Anti-communist, successful, and free. If they won the war, Africa would be that bit more habitable.
>>
>>33737556

It was a bastion of fucking idiots. They had multiple chances to amend the constitution and offer the blacks some actual buy-in but instead kept them powerless. Of fucking course they became communist, because communism offered them the chance to run their own fucking country.

Rhodieboos also forget that the country's vaunted economy fucking imploded by the start of the 1970s because ZANLA/ZANU had terrorized the agricultural regions into submission.
>>
>>33737588
>Rhodieboos also forget that the country's vaunted economy fucking imploded by the start of the 1970s because ZANLA/ZANU had terrorized the agricultural regions into submission.
>An utterly isolated country halfway through fighting an communist insurgency funded by two major superpowers has a fucked economy
Woah, no way
>>
>>33737588

There's a reason Rhodesia declared independence, and because giving blacks majority rule instantly would destroy the country instantly.

When you give people with no experience in politics the right to vote, they typically vote for retarded shit.

If Rhodesia was to stay on the track it was on pre-war, blacks would've been taught how to self-govern over time. Blacks were already involved in government (see the 1970 election) after the UDI.

The only reason Rhodesia was doomed was because of black communism.
>>
>>33737660

They never made any material progress to enfranchising blacks after UDI. They kept promising but nothing came of it.

Meanwhile RLI and the Scouts kept doing le funny meme interrogations out in the security zones which made most blacks see them as no better than the ZANLAs who did the same thing.
>>
>>33737516
>implying it will be relevant then
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.