[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CZ-75 P-01 Compact vs Glock 19

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5123.jpg (100KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5123.jpg
100KB, 1024x768px
I'm gonna buy my first gun soon, and I've narrowed it down to a CZ-75 P-01 Compact Omega and a Glock 19.

I've only gotten to shoot the G19, and I'm not sure if my range has a that CZ to rent.

What're your thoughts on each? Why should I get one over the other?
>>
>>33737346
glock if you plan to ccw. p01 for range toy. though if you really wanted a range toy a sp01 is better.
>>
>>33737356

There's no reason a Glock 19 is better to carry than a P-01.
>>
>>33737356
I don't plan on CCW. But what makes a CZ worse than a Glock for CCW?
>>
>>33737346

Glock is the modern design. CZ is the battle proven on. Glock is sort of futuristic while CZ is a classic. Thirty years from now, the Glock will be like a Commodore 64 while the CZ will be like a Colt 1911.

Anyway, fuck it - you are going to shoot today, never mind in 30 years. Both are good guns. They'll both make nice holes in paper. Go for the one that feels best in your hand.
>>
>>33737376
nothing. shit posting. buy the cz. no ragrets.
>>
OP here.

I know the P-01 will have a nicer trigger than the Glock. How easily is that fixable on a Glock? Can you get a nicer trigger than what a P-01 has?
>>
>>33737376
the weight and the beavertail mostly the beavertail. theres also the fact a glocks more reliable but thats minor.
you think oh they are the same overall length and fit in the same holsters so they should carry the same but then you bend and that beavertail jabs you in the side.
the weight difference is minor but the p01s on the borderline of being easy to carry and a chore. if you really wanted to ccw you could but if you had other options you wouldnt.
>>
>>33737346
>>33737389
Fyi: Glock trigger is fine. If you know how to work a Glock trigger + grip, then you can use pretty much any handgun accurately. Glock is easy to learn hard to master. Common wisdom is that CZ has shitty finish and small parts break easily.

It's only $500 for either, so either one will be a fine starter gun. You'll evetually try others. May I recommend looking into HK? Even a p320 is about same price range. If I were you, I'd shell out for a P30. Or at least a VP9.
>>
>>33737389

I found this. But frankly, I would feel mad to spend this much money on an already pricey gun. As the LGS to try a few dry clicks with a click shell, and if you think that brand new gun doesn't give you a sweet pull then expand your search.

http://www.zevtechnologies.com/ZEV-Tac-Fulcrum-Trigger-Bar-Kit-1st-4th-Gen-Small-Blk-Red_3
>>
>>33737346
Before buying handle the CZ first. Your first firearm purchase should be an informed decision, but the pistol should feel good in your hands. Glocks have proven utility, but they feel like plastic disappointment in my hands. The CZ fits my hand beautifully. My experience with glock trigger are spongy and sad. The CZ's DA trigger pull is kinda meh, but the following SA is lovely.
>>
Hi anon,

The CZ is an awesome pistol, and so is the glock. If you're looking for something simple to modify, and one that is very straightforward in design, go glock. If you don't mind a little complexity, and would like to learn more about pistol functionality and mechanics, go CZ.

Both are awesome, but it comes down to which one feels better in your hand. Go to a range that offers the CZ to rent. All ranges rent glocks, so you'll be fine there.
>>
File: 1464951508403.gif (393KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1464951508403.gif
393KB, 640x360px
>>33737386
>CZ is the battle proven on.
>implying the Glock 17/19 isn't and even more proven

Your entire post is of zero value and retarded so I can't blame you.
>>
>>33737428
>g19
>pricey gun
How poor are you?
>>
>>33737386

>Glock will be like a Commodore 64 while the CZ will be like a Colt 1911

This is the worst post I've seen in weeks.
>>
>>33737446

A Glock G19 starts on 880 dollars in my country. The cheapest CZ alternative, an 85, is 900 dollars. By comparison the SP-01 is priced at 1350.

But hey, I already have an old 75. Lucky me.
>>
>>33737492

I had a 64 and I loved it. But it looks kinda dated now.
>>
>>33737376
Depends on how you intend to carry and the area of the country you live in. I prefer appendix carry, have small kids and live in the midwest. This means lots of bending over and high humidity in spring and summer. The glock 19 (which i edc) requires less maintenance and doesn't restrict my movement. CZ makes fine pistols, I own a sp01 and its great. If CCW is not your intent, and range/home defense is your goal check out the full size versions of those guns.
>>
>>33737507
Where the fuck are you
It's $400 in the US
>>
>>33737346
My first handgun was a CZ PCR. My only regret is selling it.
>>
>>33737609

This is Norway. We are a small country but have many sport shooters. Yet a 9mm pistol priced at about 800 usd IS the low end. You are looking at shelling out 1500 for the mid tier and 2k+ for the upper. I wish I could say there is a lot of second hand guns on the market but there isn't.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.