[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Afghani Security Forces such shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 14

File: IMG_7210.jpg (206KB, 1000x541px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7210.jpg
206KB, 1000x541px
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/04/22/taliban_kill_at_least_140_afghan_soldiers_at_army_base.html

This is embarrassing. It makes the USA look terrible too.
>>
>take stone age people
>try to make them operators

That was our first mistake.
>>
Dont care about anything outside their immediate family/tribe. Dont take training seriously and treat the whole "security forces" thing as a bit of a joke to pass the time.
>>
>>33732767

low iq

too much goat fucking, and opium smoking.
>>
>>33732820
>Dont care about anything outside their immediate family/tribe
Sounds like they've got the right idea
>>
Keep in mind that their lives aren't as valuable as American lives.

As long as we can keep throwing brown people into the meat grinder at a salary of 20 dollars a month it should work fine.
>>
>>33732820
True story, saw a group of them before a mission sticking the barrels up each other asses and then had a ND.

We started to laugh after that
>>
>>33732767
>be random dude in afganistan
>need money
>join the army,
>don't really care about the us or the gov't just want moeny
>get into a situation it wich you could die,
fuck that.
or
>be afgani dude
>you fucking hate the taliban cause they killed your cousin or your dad or bombed your village
>join the ana
>get sent to fight against to defend some area you could give a shit about,
>mean while back home your family, tribe, clan etc. is getting killed and your in a part of the country with people you don't even see as yours,
>while the people you DO see as your own, are potentially still in danger
>say "fuck this and desert"
>>
File: CIMG0332.jpg (925KB, 2160x1620px) Image search: [Google]
CIMG0332.jpg
925KB, 2160x1620px
Look at this high speed fucker
>>
>>33732895
Huh? Why? How? I thought the guy on here who posted about getting a rem 870 barrel stuck up his ass was a meme.
>>
>>33732942
they just had AK's and M-16...
>>
>>33732767
>Ten Taliban fighters wearing army uniforms entered the huge base and began an hours-long attack that included suicide bombings. Two of the Taliban attackers reportedly detonated their explosive vests inside a mosque that was busy due to Friday prayers.

That could explain a lot.
>>
File: CIMG0474.jpg (971KB, 2160x1620px) Image search: [Google]
CIMG0474.jpg
971KB, 2160x1620px
Just look at half the shit they pull
>>
>>33732767
Alot of that death toll was from the suicide bombers hitting the perfect targets of opportunity, and probably not from a gun battle
>>
lol who is the chunky white guy in the background... is he an afghani?
>>
>>33733089
probably just a ginger
>>
>>33732767
Because most of them don't give a shit.
All the ones who really do give a shit are fighting on the other side.
>>33733089
there's a surprising number afghans who look like gingers for some reason
>>
>>33733089
Seriously wondering who that fucking neck beard is too. Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed.
>>
>>33733143
I'm pretty certain the ginger Afghanis are entirely because England stuck it's dick in Afghanistan for a number of decades. Lots of random mixed kids milling about.
>>
I was listening to an interview with an SF guy a few days ago. He was worked with some Egyptian soldiers. The Egyptians would turn their GPS on to see where they needed to go and then turn the GPS off. Then they would get lost and turn the GPS on and then turn it off. For some reason, it never occurred to them that they should just leave the GPS on.

These people are entrusted with machines that can kill hundreds of people. Incompetence seems to be a common thing on that side of the world.
>>
>>33732820
That seems to be the case. They'll kill a fellow soldier if they find out that someone has been saving money in the bank instead of spending it right away.
>>
>>33732917
They can join the police if they want to stay in their home.
>>
>>33733089
A lot of race-mixing happened in Afghanistan.
>>
>>33733006
>>33733143
Exactly.

Its the drive to fight that makes the ANA weak as shit.

Hell the Taliban attackers WERE former afghan soldiers and they had the same shit as the troops their were fighting. Scoring a 10 to 1 fucking kill ratio before they ran outta ammo.
>>
File: tuskenraiders_01_169_f077ade3.jpg (317KB, 1560x878px) Image search: [Google]
tuskenraiders_01_169_f077ade3.jpg
317KB, 1560x878px
>>33732767
For the same reason every 3rd world shithole does. Kebabs are the Tusken Raiders of the world.

http://www.meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars
>>
>>33732767
No motivation.

The Isis fucks are super motivated and thats all you need if your enemy is lethargic
>>
>>33733491
I wouldn't shit on the Tusken Raiders that much, sure they're just scattered tribes of goobers but they are known to be effective fighters and have a firm grasp of the crude technology they use. Arabs are like Tusken Raiders with Down Syndrome.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
>>33732767
They are based af, since nato troops leave the country they are facing bravely wave after wave of taliban attacks, after watching a documentary about them it's impossible not to get emotional, they have WWII level of casualties.
>>
Afghanistan should be nerve gassed until no indigenous human life remains. then make it into a ancap mining paradise.
>>
>>33732767
They wasn't ready to fight alone, Obama shouldn't have taken all of the troops, if they fall the place will became a terrorist paradise
>>
>>33733089
>>33733143
>>33733152
>>33733266
>be Russian
>invade Afghanistan
>fuck local women
>bastard children confuse the fuck out of other invaders for decades to come
>>
>>33733089
"Freedom fighters"
You or anyone can go, I think they pay for the flight and give you gear and a gun and you fight ISIS with them.
>>
>>33733608
what documentary?
>>
>>33733702
looks like "this is what winning looks like" on Vice
>>
>>33733702
>>33733761
"Tell Spring Not to Come This Year" (2015)
I saw on netflix, the best thing I've seen this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zf53ekflIc
>>
>>33732767
VERY HIGH PROBABILITY THAT IT WAS AN INSIDE JOB

The ANA is plagued with taliban agents. They never talk about this on the news, but after the US pulled out, many Pashtuns in the force expected the taliban to quickly retake their villages, so they either defected to the taliban or offered to pass them information
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (10KB, 166x210px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
10KB, 166x210px
>>33734318
mongol dna can still be seen in afghanistan hundreds of years after their invasion
>>
>>33732767
>>
>Trump and Mattis want 15 more years of this pretend nation building nonsense

Lol, why is it so hard for America to admit this shithole will never amount to anything.
>>
File: 1489303535923.png (807KB, 982x980px) Image search: [Google]
1489303535923.png
807KB, 982x980px
>>33733658
>>33734427
Probably just remnants of the Soviet invasion.
>>
American can't train combatants worth a shit, true fact since Vietnam.

Same damn people, Soviet trained the North, USA trained the South, look who won?
>>
>>33736081
Had zero to do with training in Vietnam, and the south did quite well until the Arab oil crisis hit and they could not bring their combined arms against the north. That effectively meant the south and the north were both light infantry after that, and the north excelled at light infantry.
>>
>>33736111
That's the thing, how is the North excel at light infantry?
>>
>>33736111
In addition, the east was not effected by the AOC, so the mech units the north did have were full bore.

The script was flipped
>>
>>33736120
Different training doctrine.

US thought the ARVN should be trained like the us, and they were left with a fuckton of US equipment. And it worked.

Until the south could not feed said equipment.

Applied combined arms wrecks light infantry. Every god damn time.

It's just that nobody saw the AOC coming.
>>
>>33736076
Google "Hazara people". Genghis Khan didn't fuck around when it came to fucking around.
>>
File: 1.jpg (155KB, 800x1155px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
155KB, 800x1155px
>>33733089
Plenty of Afghans are pretty "White"
>>
>>33736135
Come on, so you are saying the US never train the ARVN at light infantry tactics?

I thought the Soviet was the one excelling at deep battle/combined arms, not light infantry tactics?
>>
>>33736153
>Come on, so you are saying the US never train the ARVN at light infantry tactics?

No, that's like saying that I'm saying the ussr/China did not train the VC/NVA in combined arms. Missing the point completely. Pretty much to the point where if you don't get it, it's not worth explaining to you.

>I thought the Soviet was the one excelling at deep battle/combined arms,

They do, but you need ALOT of equipment to do it.
>>
>>33736173
>No, that's like saying that I'm saying the ussr/China did not train the VC/NVA in combined arms. Missing the point completely. Pretty much to the point where if you don't get it, it's not worth explaining to you.
Oh, so you are not going to debate then, aren't you?
>They do, but you need ALOT of equipment to do it.
And the North had the equipment and the superior infantries, funny how that work.
>>
>>33736185
>Oh, so you are not going to debate then, aren't you?

Nope. Debating retards is an exercise in futility. You are either pretending to not get it or actually don't. Either way, nope.

>And the North had the equipment

Not an overmatch to make deep battle work.
>>
All of the people in this thread with "muh mudshit" are retards.

Its almost like when you have an ideologically driven force thats been fighting against the world largest power for almost 20 fucking years fighting one with none of those things they fucking lose.
>>
File: 1468564709178.jpg (632KB, 1000x1226px) Image search: [Google]
1468564709178.jpg
632KB, 1000x1226px
>>33734427
you think thats Impressive? you know the hats you always see like in pic related are hats brought to Afghanistan from Macedonia when Alexander the Great invaded the Achaemenid Empire.
>>
>>33732767

>This is embarrassing. It makes the USA look terrible too.

Feeling terrible? You are a laughing stock not only for locals, but also for entire world - Russia is backing Taliban now
>>
>>33736290
It's the US's failed attempt at political conversion that makes us look dumb.
>>
>>33736306
It baffles me how the US still fails to recognize what even Jefferson realized with the Native Americans ages ago.

You can't give democracy to those who do not want it.
>>
>>33736336
Well you can you just need the United States patented cultural conversion first. It worked in Europe
>>
>>33732767
>>33736290
>Russia is backing Taliban now

Would this be a drain on Russia's resources?

I know that the Taliban sells opium in Russia so Russia is most likely there to stop the sales but to convince the Taliban to stop they'd need to bribe them (either with weapons or money).
>>
>>33734419
it says in the article two of them were defectors from the base
>>
>>33734427
There used to be some few thousands of people who natively spoke a Mongolic language at least up about thirty-forty years ago; they possibly still even today, although their census data is a bit out of date if you know what I mean.
>>
What would it take to fix the middle east?
>>
File: 1491051569157.png (79KB, 324x402px) Image search: [Google]
1491051569157.png
79KB, 324x402px
>>33736808
A huge invesment in transport infrastructure and a large stay behind force of around 20-30,000 to prop up a somewhat brutal puppet government for 3 decades or more.
>>
>>33736825
So the south Korea solution?
>>
>>33736892
Yes but don't allow the creation of another state backed by a regional power. Syria and Iran will both continue to be a source of frustration as USA continues to expand its empire across the Middle East and will have to be destabilized or Balkanized.
>>
>>33732767
How many years do these shit skins need to work to even be able to afford all the gear they're wearing
>>
File: 1482119842002.jpg (143KB, 666x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1482119842002.jpg
143KB, 666x1000px
>>33736273

Except that's complete bullshit.
>>
>>33733658
Holy shit, can you imagine how smelly your cock would be after fucking an afghani shitskin?
>>
>>33736290
Don't you have a shit-tier anti-air system you need to troubleshoot in Syria, slavboo?
>>
>>33736150
plenty of Afghans look pretty Russian
>>
>>33732767
Just how bad is it getting over there with these guys? My cousin was one of the most motivated gung-ho Army guys I ever knew. Then he did a tour there in the infantry and came back pretty bummed saying democracy was never going to work there and the whole thing is fucked.
>>
>>33732767

because the US trained them
>>
The talibans had ANA uniforms, ANA weapons, ANA vehicles, forged ANA id papers, ANA defectors in the attack unit. Heavy duty explosives. Plus some kind of heavy rpg that took out one of the main buildings for starters, Pretty neat attack really.
>>
>>33733678
all that and i can fuck little boys too? where do i sign?
>>
>>33733089
I've seen some Afghans like that. There are pockets of Pashtuns and other ethnicities in the eastern mountains of Afghanistan where they have fair skin and red/brown hair.
>>
>>33733382
That's what happens, and they are MUCH better than the ANA or ANP.

The Arbaki, or "Afghan Local Police" as they came to be known by desk-jockeys who needed to sell it to congress, legitimately want to stabilize their home. A Tajik from Kunduz could'nt give less of a shit about a Pashtun from Ghazni, but he will definitely give a shit about another Tajik in trouble with the taliban in the villages around Kunduz.
Long story short, culturally, we need to be fostering a feudal system in Afghanistan, not a federal democracy. These guys care about charisma and piety, not the nebulous idea of "Afghanistan".
>>
>>33734427
That guy is a Hazara. They speak a dialect of Hazaragi that has lots of Mongolic/Turkic words in it. They're also Shiite Muslims and most of the Afghans fighting alongside the Iranians in Syria are Hazaras.

For example, instead of using 'pedar' for 'father', they use 'ata' (like Ataturk).
>>
>>33739542
>they are MUCH better than the ANA or ANP

That's not always the case. Sometimes they're just as bad or worse than everyone else. Sometimes they're just Taliban that's been paid off by the government, but still harass the public and take bribes.
>>
>>33739578
Yup, I used to work with ANA and they had nothing positive to say about the ANP and ALP. They're both infamous for thievery.
>>
>>33739465
Plus the only people who have weapons on them on Afghan bases are guards. Weapons are locked away from soldiers unless they're pulling guard duty or going on missions.

Believe it or not, green-on-blue attacks affect Afghans more than us.
>>
After Desert Storm one of my friends had to train Kuwaitis. The hardest part was making them take it seriously. Reservists thought the 5 minutes they spent with a gun per year was the perfect time to goof off. He had to teach them to hit the target range. Not the targets ON the range, the range itself. They had been aiming at the adjacent guard tower and missing.

I don't know what the issue with Afghans is, but for Kuwait it was time. They spent so little time in uniform it was more like a holiday than anything else. My friend didn't have enough time as well, and he wasn't chomping at the bit to stay either.
>>
>>33738480
Don't need to.
If anyone can learn from me: just fucking wait til next port.
>>
>>33739465
What arma mods did they use?
>>
>>33739754
I demand the story on this. Plz make this an epic bread
>>
>>33732767
>Why are Afghani Security Forces such shit?

1)Opium
2)No education
3)Pedophilia
4)Illiterate
5)Homosexual rape
6)Weed
7)Uppity
8)Lazy
9)Cowardly
10)Backstabbing

It's not particularly bad for Americs image though, the reason Afghanistan is such a shithole is soviet occupation basically destroyed the place and left is in the stoneage, which it has just got back out off from the British punitive expedition which put it in the stoneage.
>>
>>33740580
>thievery.

Forgot that.

Sorry.
>>
I guy I know went to train some of these guys and was with them for 2 weeks. He said in those 2 weeks the 150 "elite" afghan army guys had 60 ND's
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px0tQvldBvw
>>
>>33733608
So of course you don't link the documentary.

Their casualty level is because they deserve it. They aren't fighting FOR anything. They had years to learn but sandnigs resent learning.

I hope the Taliban win and butcher them all.
>>
>>33736081
>Same damn people, Soviet trained the North, USA trained the South, look who won?

The South weren't patriots and had nothing to fight for. The North wanted their fucking COUNTRY back from a puppet government. All SVN governments were worse than Communism.
>>
>>33736825
So what we already have done for 16 years?
>>
>>33739465
ISIS did the same thing in 2013-2015. Got a lot of Iraqis
>>
>>33740580
Yeah and the US is gonna leave it in the stone age
>>
>>33741179
I don't even understand how Afghanistan is supposed to maintain first world infantry equipment/tanks/helicopters without heavy foreign investment. And for what?
>>
>>33732767
You should have seen the news reports. Fuckers were walking around with their rifles in one hand like they were just hanging out with theur shooting buddies and didn't just get massacred. Unreal.
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.