[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Playing Dead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Playing dead.jpg (60KB, 1240x520px) Image search: [Google]
Playing dead.jpg
60KB, 1240x520px
I've heard of people who have survived active shooter situations by playing dead, pretty clever.

Is it better to play dead or try and haul ass? I assume it matters the situation, what's your input?
>>
If they are close—play dead
if they are far and not looking in your vicinity—distance yourself

>but hey i dont know
>>
Some active shooters were known to double-tap bodies on the ground, so I wouldn't risk it. I think it's better to haul ass and be a moving target than to lie still and cross your fingers
>>
>lie "dead"
>no visible wounds
>chest heaving up and down due to adrenaline
>>
>>33729963
Works best if you can get yourself under another body
>>
>>33729963
Well you could play dead after getting injured too
>>
>>33729963
>implying the shooter would notice
he's probably 3 times as hopped up on adrenaline as you would be
>>
File: 1420173883465.png (236KB, 786x715px) Image search: [Google]
1420173883465.png
236KB, 786x715px
>>33729876

I assume that mass shooters are full of adrenaline and they have a feeling of urgency (have to kill many as possible before everyone runs away or cops arrive).

They will have neither the time nor thought to shoot check everyone lying on the ground.

But be with other bodies; randomly lying on an empty hallway won't help you.
>>
>>33729876
>that pic
>play dead by laying on the floor with absolutely no signs of injury or blood

yeah that's 100% convincing

those idiot administrators in suits standing there with serious expressions on their faces and acting like they just solved world hunger, they should be lined up and shot
>>
Most shooters these days double tap everyone they see.
So, no. Pretty dumb.
>>
>>33729876
It always depends on the situation.
Also, why is he using a Street Sweeper?
>>
>>33730003
But then boner will appears!
>>
>>33729876
Taking my old high school into consideration for planning and all that.

>if the shooter is known in a different position of the building, I'd run like hell in the opposite direction
Evacuation is the best thing in any situation.
second do this would be getting to a secure location, the IT department, counselor's offices, maintenance department would be anything but targets and a secure location to hide

Next would be to defend yourself. Using chairs, parts of chairs, small filing cabinets if your a big guy and ambushing them from a corner would work best. Whoever is doing this would be total shit at clearing corners and tactics.

Last thing would be to play dead. You'd have to be in a shit place for it to be your best chance.

These should be applicable to an office building, if someone went postal, or in most buildings.
>>
File: 1489244871793.jpg (198KB, 676x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1489244871793.jpg
198KB, 676x1200px
AHAHA only passivefaggots (AKA women and men who want to be women) play dead and pretend its a form of self-defense. Its not. Its you getting comfortable with the fact you are a lazy cunt.

The reason you play dead is the same reason a deer gets quiet when a bear starts eating its back and mid section. Not because its dead. Not because its a form of self-defense. But because it is a prey animal.

If playing dead is your game plan, you are a prey animal and are literally built, from birth, to be preyed upon.

You are prey. You are not a fighter. And you deserve to get dominated by a stronger force. This is why men are superior.
>>
>>33729876
No. Run, hide, or fight. The vast majority of casualties in mass shootings are the wounded who are finished off with security shots to the head, or the wounded who bleed out over the course of the 1-3hrs LEOs will wait for to set up a perimeter and have the SWAT guys take care of things for them.
>>
if i'm completely unarmed and unable to run, i'll probably try to play dead,it's not the worst option.

otherwise, that guy better be a good shooter, because i know i can defend myself.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.