[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for a personal army to help ID the bayonet I just picked up.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: barn sale bayonet.jpg (2MB, 5680x3532px) Image search: [Google]
barn sale bayonet.jpg
2MB, 5680x3532px
I just picked up this bayonet at a barn sale, I've been trying to ID it but coming up short.
Pic related.

It is 4 bladed cruciform, 20" blade 23" over all.
The socket is virtually identical to that of an 1855 model US infantry bayonet but it lacks the marking and the blade type is wrong. Inside socket diameter is 11/16" or 18mm

The only legible marking on it is "v 851"
>>
>>33729379
interesintg
>>
that's just rusty nugget bayonet, idk what you expected
>>
>>33729379
Nvm I found it, Dutch M1871 Beaumont bayonet.
>>
Google image search "pattern 1853 socket bayonet" and see if that is a match
>>
>>33729379
It's for a famas.
>>
>>33729379
is this for an ak?
>>
>>33729379
M1870?
>>
>>33730826
Socket bayonet used with the 10.75 mm. (.42 caliber) M1870 (Berdan II) infantry rifle.
Patterned after the Swiss M1863 bayonet, the M1870 bayonet has a cruciform blade profile and the, now familiar, screwdriver point. This example is a M1870 infantry bayonet, with the socket cut so as to mount to a bayonet stud on the right side of the barrel. The M1870 dragoon bayonet was shorter, with the socket cut so as to mount to the front sight, which doubled as a bayonet stud.

Developed by American General Hiram Berdan, the M1870 rifle and bayonet were produced in large numbers at the three major Russian arms factories (Tula, Izhevsk, and Sestroretsk). The M1870 served as the standard Russian rifle until it was superseded by the Mosin-Nagant M1891. Many Russian troops were still armed with the M1870 during the Russo-Japanese War of 1905
>>
>>33730826
Blade length 20.25 inch 514mm
Overall length 23.25 591 .
Inside diameter 700 17.8mm

How did you take the measurements?
>>
>>33730826
>>33730869
>>33730877

Wrong. Yours only has three blade surfaces not 4 right? Triangular not quadangular?

If quadangular then it is a Russian m1870 for a beredan but from your pictures it does not look quadangular
>>
>>33729529
>Nvm I found it, Dutch M1871 Beaumont bayonet.

Doh. Glad you found it
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.